/spg/ - Smartphone General

Colton James
Colton James

It Is For You Bro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

Post a mini-review of your phone
Discuss upcoming and current models
Ask for help related to phones
Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread jowforums.com/thread/70960072/technology

Attached: oneplus-7-pro-blue-1405.jpg (74 KB, 1500x1000)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo
xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/
frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/D7LXH9r/asus-zenfone-5-a501cg-16gb/virgin-mobile-canada
gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_pro-review-1930p3.php
youtube.com/watch?v=YoSYD_bO3q8
xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro-review/
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/themes/official-bsg-gcam-port-6-2-024-t3924784
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/05/oneplus-7-pro-review-the-fastest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/
reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/bkg89o/solved_pixel_33xl_performance_issues/
twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1128774585699184641?s=19

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

First for 4h SoT

Austin Foster
Austin Foster

youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
8:03->
SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS OF SCREEN ON TIME!!!

Asher Cox
Asher Cox

Honestly there still isn't any reason to upgrade from a 3T and I doubt there will be in the next three years.

Luis Gray
Luis Gray

The dream is over bros...

Brandon Cox
Brandon Cox

To trust a shill reviewer's word for it. Might as well neck myself. Even if true it is not good enough. How am I supposed to use it in school or when travelling. Cant trust that to last. Not gonna buy meme power banks.

OnePlus got greedy and necked themselves.

Josiah Harris
Josiah Harris

How am I supposed to use it in school or when travelling.
By not staring at your phone for eight hours a day you disgusting degenerate.

Benjamin Howard
Benjamin Howard

you're browsing Jow Forums dummie

Dominic Price
Dominic Price

oh noes lolz0rz

Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson

30w fast charging bro
0 to 100 in an hour
use it with merry abandon.

Wyatt Collins
Wyatt Collins

That's 7-8h SoT with 90hz mode on, turn it off and you should be able to get +10h SoT.

Jackson Hill
Jackson Hill

30W fast charger bro
turns your phone into an incendiary device bro
can't even take it on a plane bro

Attached: 1546154535094.jpg (20 KB, 540x555)

Jordan Turner
Jordan Turner

Now you're just making shit up

Connor Clark
Connor Clark

Would a Redmi Go be good just for calls - using the loudspeaker for hands free?
As in, would the loudspeaker be loud enough, clear enough and would the mic be good enough? Anyone have any experience with it?

I need a second phone with 2 SIM slots, for two secondary numbers.

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-Go-Kenya[3].jpg (128 KB, 1000x500)

Brandon Lopez
Brandon Lopez

Fast charging is around for a few years now.

But if you are an iToddler......

Isaac Gonzalez
Isaac Gonzalez

Yes

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

A used Z5 dual/Redmi Note 4 would be cheaper and better.

Landon Mitchell
Landon Mitchell

8 hours is just grand, considering.

Zachary Rivera
Zachary Rivera

used Z5
oldass junk
housefire Snapdragon 810
what's wrong with saving up $200 for a Note 7? If Indians can afford it, so can that user.

Ayden Perez
Ayden Perez

looking a bit huawei there xiaomi
i expected them to do a full press release for the k20/pro plus release dates and price announcement but i guess they're waiting for everyone to get over OP7's press release before doing their own
k20 looks like my next phone if the price is around $330

Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy

Goddamn One plus....the 7 Pro seemed pretty good but why the fuck did they not include wireless charging? Everything else is somewhat excusable ( ie no 3.5mm, no waterproofing etc..) but fuck fuck fuck for all the real improvement of the 7 Pro and higher price I can't see their fucking vendetta against wireless charging

Parker Cook
Parker Cook

Whatever bro, don't buy it then. Get a Samshit and enjoy your wireless meme charging. It's a free world bro

Cooper Lopez
Cooper Lopez

I don't really understand why everyone complains about no wireless charging. I don't see how putting it on a pad is any different than hooking up a cable. It offers no real benefit or convenience, it's just a gimmick.

Sebastian Smith
Sebastian Smith

First world nonsense bro. Zoomer preferences. They like having charging pads everywhere so they can top up the battery nonstop all the time.

Aaron Harris
Aaron Harris

What's a good non chink alternative to the redmi note 7 (either with stock android or official lineage)?

Isaac Roberts
Isaac Roberts

no waterproofing
Seems pretty waterproof to me youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo

Ethan Green
Ethan Green

i just want to point out that even the new pixel 3a is made in china
non-chink phones are an extremely rare and dying breed

Nathaniel Ortiz
Nathaniel Ortiz

No bro it doesn't have an IP rating

Ian Young
Ian Young

But the pixel 3a isn't even near the price of the note 7, and they are made by an american company, which of course manufactures them in China like everyone but at least they have more quality.

Liam Smith
Liam Smith

It isn't zoomer shit, it had been in every hacker friendly Android phone since the fucking Nexus 4. One Plus One even had it. It took years for Samsung and Apple to finally add it but it's now a standard feature...yet OnePlus refuses to implement it.

The benefit is twofold. First is convenience in that you can use any Qi compatible wireless charger and it works without having to plug in the damn thing. Set it on your desk or nightstand and you dont need to unplug and replug whenever you pick it up, it just goes back to charging when you set it down. Sure it's slower than wired but so what - if you need maximum speed wired is still available. Also with the lack of a 3.5mm jack, wirless means being able to use the USB C jack for something else while still charging. Also, especially with OnePlus special proprietary chink warp charging over standard Qualcomm quick charge it means needing a compatible charger as opposed to using any Qi compatible pad.

It's also frustrating because the 7 Pro has so many great features it's stupid to omit wireless which is useful for many and for those who don't like it can just use wired without losing anything.

Isaac Richardson
Isaac Richardson

Biggest mistake I've made is to go from a curved screen to a flat screen phone

Tyler Davis
Tyler Davis

bro
It’s the same person doing this or it’s a spg meme?
Also shit battery life :( bros :’(

Jason Green
Jason Green

hurr durr it works after being immersed in water
not even opened to check if there is water inside
The state of shills. fucking kill yourself

Daniel Garcia
Daniel Garcia

Curved screens are a retarded meme
They distort the edges of the image and provide no real benefit besides aesthetics. They also make finding and installing tempered glass a bitch and give shitty companies like Whitestone some mad revenue because of their fucking patent on glued glass.

Grayson Murphy
Grayson Murphy

just stop using your phone for longer because muh artificial convenience
literally too lazy to plug in a cable
How do you even live

Connor Adams
Connor Adams

Bruh I have my s7 edge and p30 together right now and the s7 edge looks way better and even bigger. Despite being more than 3 years old now.

Brayden Martin
Brayden Martin

no headphone jack

i don't understand it, i use headphones with my phone so why wouldn't i want a jack?

Ryan Scott
Ryan Scott

because of their fucking patent on glued glass

you can buy UV glass protector kits from aliexpress/ebay/amazon for like $8

Jack Carter
Jack Carter

meme list
1. battery banks
2. wireless (/pad) charging
3. propriertary warp (/fast) charging
4. curved screen

My personal
Glass back, lightning port, no 3.5mm, over 400ppi, adhesive/glue fest, IP rating, aesthetic over function, ...

Aiden Murphy
Aiden Murphy

even apple knows this
think about it

Josiah Gray
Josiah Gray

Never
Settle

Lucas Moore
Lucas Moore

they're trying to pawn their own bluetooth set on you, hopefully you buy them both when you get the OP7P

Adrian Roberts
Adrian Roberts

What's the best midrange phone out there? $300 or less

Cameron Carter
Cameron Carter

Is note 10 going to be phone of the year? Can't decide whether I should waot for it or buy s10+

Liam Williams
Liam Williams

COURAGE

John Williams
John Williams

People are retarded and didnt get the marketing. OnePlus were saying that the phone is about as water resistant as an IP rated device, they just didn't want to pay the premium to get the rating.

Evan Smith
Evan Smith

Gonna laugh my ass off when the Galaxy 12 phones nix the jack and expandable storage. You cunts should forget about the jack. Bunch of uppity coons. It's going the way of the dodo and by dodo I mean bezels.

Henry Edwards
Henry Edwards

But did they state WHICH IP rating?

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

But bro it's chinee shit why would I get that it doesn't even have wireless charging fuck I'd rather get the S10e at least I can charge it wirelessly and use my jack lol

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

Go to Shenzhen and ask them yourself. You're not buying this phone, stop asking about it. For reasonable, practical purposes it's perfectly waterproof. Just don't use it in anything stronger than a drizzle or something

Brayden Wright
Brayden Wright

No headphone jack is not excusable

Tyler Rodriguez
Tyler Rodriguez

no 3.5mm jack
nope

Christian Sullivan
Christian Sullivan

What alternatives do I have if I want something like OP 6T but want an earphone jack?
I'm clueless here

Attached: 1514399486132-0.jpg (34 KB, 700x525)

Kayden Lopez
Kayden Lopez

just keep an adapter plugged into your headphones LOL

Luke Miller
Luke Miller

Thanks. Have you used one?
used
It's bad enough we have to settle for sloppy seconds in women. I'm sure as hell not gonna settle for sloppy seconds in anything else. Imagine using someone else's old phone: with their dirt and faecal matter still on it. Or a used car, with someone else's farts and ass sweat baked into the seat. YIKES!

Connor Gomez
Connor Gomez

How do Onepiss 7 pro fags justify paying 400 more for Mi 9s camera?
inb4 Dx0
Software, with GCAM both will look the same except Mi 9 has better ultrawide and telephoto

Attached: 00334376.jpg (130 KB, 950x960)

Hunter Fisher
Hunter Fisher

buy overpriced adapter
how to charge when my usb port is occupied?
GEt A DoNgle. Where do I carry this? How often do I have to get a new one?

Henry Diaz
Henry Diaz

I saw a review yesterday were the reviewer had the phone submerged for 15 minutes in a clear bucket.

Caleb Lopez
Caleb Lopez

Lmao and have a dongle hanging off the port wearing it out and making you look like an iToddler from 2016. Serious talk, if you want a good method of coping, use a pair of headphones that can detach from the cable (ask /csg/ for directions if poorfag) so they can be used with USB-C directly.

Carter Butler
Carter Butler

Is it correct that the bootloader can be locked while using a custom kernel in the Pixel phones?

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

Xiaomi takes the place of one plus as flagship killer

The 7pro is flagship prices, it’s Apple and Samsung didn’t put their prices up the 7pro would be considered flagship price and it’s not offering enough to make it relevant.

They should have stuck to good specs at a budget but now it’s Redmi’s turn.

Cooper Howard
Cooper Howard

how to charge when my usb port is occupied?
Wirelessly, of course

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

it's not hard to disinfect a phone if you're comfortable taking it apart and cleaning it though the speaker and mic are fair game

James Perez
James Perez

buy expensive pad
so how to use the phone if it sits on a pad? Do I constantly pick my phone up and then place my phone back on the pad?

Blake Moore
Blake Moore

xiaomi software is ass, stop shilling them

inb4 use a custom ROM XD

Ian Thomas
Ian Thomas

Yep, use a custom rom. Objectively better than OxygenOS too.
but I want to get fucked
No better than isheeps

Attached: 1515957815899.jpg (73 KB, 400x434)

Christopher Myers
Christopher Myers

the official software from the chinese company that manufactured the phone isn't trustworthy
but an amateur solo project by some anonymous unaccountable pajeet half way around the world will definitely be safer!

L O L

Chase Bell
Chase Bell

please do the needful and install our custom rom sir

Adrian Morales
Adrian Morales

Objectively better than OxygenOS too

Attached: 1550602885863.jpg (231 KB, 620x718)

Jason Gray
Jason Gray

f

Juan Perez
Juan Perez

Pocophone

Evan Murphy
Evan Murphy

Fuck off pajeet. Wireless is memetech

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

Opinions on the Moto G7?

Cameron Morales
Cameron Morales

he still thinks people buy Xiaomi for the software

Attached: 1549007584426.jpg (82 KB, 256x1722)

Nathaniel Young
Nathaniel Young

Mah nigga. I still have it and it's going strong, don't see any reason to upgrade.

Attached: 1540586439668.gif (607 KB, 800x792)

Oliver Rogers
Oliver Rogers

Yes, that's the beauty of it zoomers can't seem to comprehend. You use it without constraints and it will charge when not in use, as it should. No overheating crippling the battery because you used it while charging, it's really the future made reality. Xiaomi's pad is less than $30 and offers 20W charging, so any discussion on "expensive meme tech" is left in the past, period.

Noah Powell
Noah Powell

Lack of wireless is ass. I wonder...in the old days Samsung S5 era you could buy a Qi receiver and install it INSIDE the phone, connecting to charging contacts. If OP is going to cheap out on wireless for whatever nonsense, the least they could do is make it so you could add it yourself internally.

However I worry that the 7 Pro won't be designed right for that and then best that can be done is buying an external receiver that you stick to the back of the phone or case and then it plugs in to the USB C port. Which nearly defeats the purpose

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

And this is why it should have wireless charging at least

Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell

Imagine paying 400 more for a
shitty preinstalled software that is little better than other shitty pre installed software
meme display for nonVR grade PPI and mediocre brightness
No jack and fucking stereos
a fucking shovel
"software" updates because youre too stupid to root
SD 855
No IP rating
No wireless charging
worse camera than phones in 399 range
no NFC

Attached: 1446916772877.png (357 KB, 792x540)

Zachary Cruz
Zachary Cruz

maybe they were scared the wireless charging would fuck with the periscope camera

Chase Edwards
Chase Edwards

or a headphone jack?

Connor Cruz
Connor Cruz

It shouldn't given the coil for charging is way the fuck down middle to bottom of a phone usually. Also OnePlus just has a tiny Chinese hateboner for wireless charging . All their previous phones except for the original OnePlus One removed wireless charging and they had no periscope cam to worry about

Connor Ross
Connor Ross

the experience of a phone is 90% software

why would you buy a phone with shit software that youre going to have to replace with something that is never going to be as good as what a manufacturer can provide

Dylan Wilson
Dylan Wilson

What phone are you ranting about, I think all expensive phones have NFC now.

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

OP7PRO has no bells or whistles

Attached: 1443111266925.png (57 KB, 350x407)

Jeremiah Morris
Jeremiah Morris

Why does the $669 model even exist? Who wouldn't pay $30 more for twice the storage and more ram?

Kayden Anderson
Kayden Anderson

i mean, i agree it should have one if it's going to be 669usd but i'm sure they have their reasons beyond costcutting

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

This is patently untrue in the era of shitty bloated UIs and crapware . Samsung's whole shitty ecosystem , Xaomi and Huawei Chinese crap, etc...are all inferior to devices with pure Android be it Pixel style or those like OnePlus Oxygen OS which is similar etc.

However, custom ROMs based on aosp or better yet LineageOS can be greatly superior to stock Android . Unfortunately many devices don't support rooting and unlock of bootloader ( ie Samsung S10 series and Fold ) and all still require manufacturer update support of binaries and whatnot to keep the latest features.

Lincoln Harris
Lincoln Harris

Nigga nobody has time to wait around for the phone to charge. Some of us need to talk while it's charging.

John Rogers
John Rogers

just got my mom a new samgsung android tablet was wondering what i should do first regarding the built in bloatware as i have no experience in android devices (I main a Nokia N900 and a Desktop).

Attached: 1555623748748.gif (183 KB, 1090x1035)

Evan Reyes
Evan Reyes

I had LineageOS on my xiaomi. It was shit. Barebones to a fault. Give me Samsung's new OS or OxygenOS any day.

Brody Cruz
Brody Cruz

How tf do you unlock the Poco F1 on linux and why do I have to wait 15 fucking days?

Joshua Robinson
Joshua Robinson

It looks like you can get 4 hours of SOT with only a 20 minute warp charge

Wireless charging is a meme

Caleb Baker
Caleb Baker

I really can't see why given their previous history going back many devices. They always claimed it was not as fast as wired with their dash/warp charging ( which misses the point ) or cost cutting ( which makes little sense as it is a cheap feature) which were both nonsense and even more so on the flagship 7 Pro . So it's nearly entirely not invented here phenomenon as Glorious Men of Han Warp Charging is the only tech allowed, or an irrational hateboner

Samuel Stewart
Samuel Stewart

Need to make a phone call
Pick it up from the pad
Finish the call
Place it back
Tell me how hard is that? You're creating issues where there are none for everybody.

Cameron Cooper
Cameron Cooper

Shills doesnt know they can install oxygen os
OHNNONONONONONO

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

keeping your phone on a charger at all times

That's one way to kill your battery faster. Wireless charging reinforces bad practices

Xavier Brown
Xavier Brown

will the Sharp Aquos R2 compact release worldwide? it's the only compact phone currently in production along with the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.

Attached: img-design-color-black.png (283 KB, 598x548)

Zachary Rivera
Zachary Rivera

return it and get a Mi Pad 4

Camden Smith
Camden Smith

is this supposed to be a good thing?

Attached: D6mpx9cU0AAw29d.jpg (79 KB, 753x1200)

Liam Gutierrez
Liam Gutierrez

have oneplus 5 that still works great
want to buy oneplus 7 pro
I'm retarded. Please stop me.

Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker

see previous threads. Someone asked the same there.

Gabriel Cox
Gabriel Cox

double notch

Attached: 1548198361154.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)

Justin Turner
Justin Turner

Xiaomi redmi and mi (without note) are relatively small.

Austin Collins
Austin Collins

phones still haven't entered the mental space where you expect to use them at minimum for 4-5 years like a laptop despite them costing just as much or more

i blame those stupid carrier 2 year upgrade contracts that they used to have making people think phones are disposable every 2 years or less

Nicholas Turner
Nicholas Turner

Jesus FUCK when is xiaomi releasing their new phones? I swear it feels like I've been waiting for the mix 3 5g for a year already. Where's the new flagships?

Owen Brown
Owen Brown

Are there any good ASUS smartphones AND/OR SONY smartphones compatible with Virgin Mobile? I haven't been able to find the right information...

Samuel Sullivan
Samuel Sullivan

pfff..heheh
i'm oddly interested in a small 5" notchless phone now that i think about it
can one-hand it on the toilet without feeling like i'm gonna drop it

Dominic Reyes
Dominic Reyes

CHINK'd
Hey Chang, we goh annurra one!

James Foster
James Foster

Feels good bros

Jacob Baker
Jacob Baker

I swear to God the earth's poles must have flipped already because it feels like we're in bizarro world right now. It's like the smartphone manufacturers are in a competition to see who can release the WORST phone instead of the best. Who can fuck up basic design the worst.
A notch? Oh yeah, we'll show them. How abotu a DOUBLE notch!
A double notch? Pah, check out this fucking hole in the screen!!
Hole in the screen eh? Well check this piece of shit out! *foldable screen*

Blake Wright
Blake Wright

Xiaomi redmi
160mm height
75mm width
small
nigger the R2 compact is 130 x 64

Attached: img-design-04.png (229 KB, 600x370)

Noah Gonzalez
Noah Gonzalez

That Sharp has shitty specs and the Sony is kinda thick, plus it has the fingerprint on the BACK.

We can just hope that Apple decides to release an updated compact iPhone like the SE. It's the only company left that doesn't just blindly follow trends and seeks the easiest way out.

Blake Parker
Blake Parker

all the budget is put into the cameras, the rest of the features are a free-for-all where the phone manufacturers assume people will compromise on

Gabriel Rodriguez
Gabriel Rodriguez

What periscope camera? The OP7 Pro doesn't have a periscope camera. And P30 Pro which actually does have one, also has wireless charging.

Levi Hill
Levi Hill

How much does Oneplus 7 Pro 12GB cost in your country?

Caleb Hughes
Caleb Hughes

xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

what specs are bad? the only questionable one i remember is the battery size, everything else seemed standard.

Caleb Walker
Caleb Walker

no

Eli Carter
Eli Carter

contract cucks must be the dumbest people on earth
fucking normies reeeeeee

Liam Phillips
Liam Phillips

Which Virgin Mobile? They operate in more than one country.

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

No USB host support, it seems.
And [email protected], if that's max.
But other than that yeah, maybe it's not that bad.

Luke Bailey
Luke Bailey

VirginMobileUSA
I found this for the ASUS phones; but then asking a seller they claim it WON'T work with the phones in question.
I just want to get out of the Samsung/Motorola loop I've been in.
frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/D7LXH9r/asus-zenfone-5-a501cg-16gb/virgin-mobile-canada

Noah Rodriguez
Noah Rodriguez

Will 12GB of RAM still be overkill in a few years? I keep my phones for at least 4 to 5 years, which is why I'm interested in the OnePlus 7 Pro 8GB model, since their phones always seem to have a great custom rom community

All I know is that my launch day Nexus 5 with 2GB of ram hasn't aged well

Jaxson Martin
Jaxson Martin

Why is iOS so shit?

Why can't it have good apps like Clover, Kodi, Firefox with extensions like UBO, an actual file manager.

David Hall
David Hall

not owning a mi9 or oneplus7 in current year
Explain yourselves /spg/

Jordan Carter
Jordan Carter

because I have a Pocophone

Attached: pocochad2.png (325 KB, 859x960)

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

Are any of the periscope phones Lineage compatible?

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

Attached: redmi-k20-flagship-killer.jpg (52 KB, 776x392)

Isaac Martinez
Isaac Martinez

I need that shit already

Owen Baker
Owen Baker

Zenfone 6 will have a flip-up camera

Attached: 2019051413101459735-ExtraLargeSize-640x640.jpg (82 KB, 640x480)

Oliver Kelly
Oliver Kelly

what in the fuck

Gavin Ortiz
Gavin Ortiz

Will fail hard against Oneplus 7 Pro. And that's a good thing.

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

Any hardware defects or other flaws with the Pixel 3a?

And do you guys think it'll get a price drop later this year?

Gabriel Long
Gabriel Long

Any hardware defects or other flaws with the Pixel 3a?
too early to tell

And do you guys think it'll get a price drop later this year?
definitely

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

Lmao, I knew these smug fucks would pull this shit again. It'll be a swift kick in the nuts, but how do they plan to kill OP7P without their Mi9 taking the fall as well? Or do they just not care and want the competition out that bad?
Is that a fucking port or a contact pad on the top?

Gabriel White
Gabriel White

How is an open source and GPL compliant custom ROM not safe? Sounds to me like you're bullshitting or don't have the first clue about what you're talking about.

Bentley Thompson
Bentley Thompson

more like
will utterly and literally abuse and bully the OnePlus 7 Pro

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

I have a normal s7, should I shell out for the plus7pro or just get the 6T? New to this whole smartphone thing.

Attached: 1555906943770.jpg (234 KB, 1631x1872)

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

S10e, it's cheaper in my country

Hunter Perry
Hunter Perry

The 7 Pro is I think the biggest phone ever made so you may want to try it in a store before you buy it.

Jacob Mitchell
Jacob Mitchell

Bumping my own shit one last time then waiting twenty minutes before giving up and going to look at shortstack porn.

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

If you wanna buy a phone without a headphone jack then you should just go with the iPhone. Everything else is just a rip-off trying to ride the coattails of Apple's courage and for iSheep wannabe poorfags. If you can't afford an iPhone then you may as well go for a phone that has a headphone jack.

John Bailey
John Bailey

UK guy here working retail for one of the biggest phone companies, ask me anything.

Nathaniel Rogers
Nathaniel Rogers

huge fucking notch for vanity reasons

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

Only iPhones are compatible for BYOD on Virgin Mobile. They won't activate anything else. If you want Android only phones sold through Virgin will work.

Jackson Adams
Jackson Adams

why haven't you left the EU yet

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

Use Huawei

Grayson Long
Grayson Long

Do people actually know that the Pixel exists?

Ian Rogers
Ian Rogers

Hey thanks guy, I'm disappointied but still grateful for your advice.

Attached: Midna.jpg (134 KB, 800x1000)

Elijah Brown
Elijah Brown

Why not move to another carrier?

Jason Rivera
Jason Rivera

How significant is the difference between a €300 phone (A50,Pocophone) and something like the S10e / OnePlus 7?

Jace Watson
Jace Watson

is the Oneplus dongle for the 6T compatible with the 7 Pro?

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

Im getting real sick of my S7.
samsung bloat
just too big to use with one hand
micro usb is complete shit
Can someone suggest a phone with usb c, audio jack, and little to no bloat?

Michael Bennett
Michael Bennett

yes
We have to note that since our 7 Pro unit didn't have a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in its retail package, we used the passive adapter from the OnePlus 6T box.
gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_pro-review-1930p3.php

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

Installing Lineage 15.1 failed miserably on my old phone (it can only go up to Android 5.0 natively).

I don't want to do anything fancy with it, what am I missing if I just install an older release of Lineage? How old should I go?
It's a Moto E.

Attached: 1545083398909.jpg (23 KB, 463x307)

Jack Foster
Jack Foster

Pixel 3a

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

Where did the One plus 7 pro only having 4 hour SoT come from?
No review I saw said it was that shit.

Adam Williams
Adam Williams

cheers

Thomas Thomas
Thomas Thomas

all marginal and not worth the hassle. imo.
you can disable bloat with adb. You can remember which side of the usb is bigger.

Benjamin Turner
Benjamin Turner

MKBHD said that in his video review.

Connor Evans
Connor Evans

get bent ya poof

Julian Walker
Julian Walker

I think mark ass brownlee said that in his review

Leo Ramirez
Leo Ramirez

Why would anyone believe the tech nigger? He literally knows nothing about tech

Grayson Smith
Grayson Smith

No micro SD
No 3.5 jack
Costs nearly as much as flagship
Yeah that's a no

Jayden Rivera
Jayden Rivera

Aren't moving parts a very weak point prone to failure?

Grayson Murphy
Grayson Murphy

when's the samsung galaxy a60 coming out?

Is the i phone xi shit?

does honor phones have spyware?

Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

Because how government are completely inept
Already do baby, changed from the IPhone 10 to Huawei P30 Pro and haven’t looked back.
Yes and no-one cares about it. The screen burn on the 3 and the XL is dreadful.
Fuk ya mum

Jose Bennett
Jose Bennett

My issue is that the prongs on the cable always get depressed eventually leading to poor contact and unreliable charging.

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

Pretty big. Pocophone is for people who have time to fuck with their device till it's usable. If you want a decent out of the box experience go with the s10e, I have one it's great so far.

Christopher Garcia
Christopher Garcia

No idea, the A50 has just been released and so will the A70 soon. Do you mean the IPhone XS? And no lol.

Bentley Barnes
Bentley Barnes

the iphone xi is new iphone coming out in September.

Attached: iPhoneXI5K3cashkaro-580x358.jpg (17 KB, 580x358)

Adam Walker
Adam Walker

No news on the company’s end so nope, no official information as it is all speculation at this point.

Asher Morgan
Asher Morgan

Tech nigga said so and it got 5h in other tests

Christian Collins
Christian Collins

So due to my situation I am getting an s10+ or s10. Is it a good phone? I saw those speed tests compared to the OnePlus and not sure if that is true or just Asian market tricks. Granted I have an s7 right now so anything is faster I just want to know what I am getting into.

Attached: 1557253656046.gif (1.99 MB, 332x263)

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

What are some good resources for comparing audio on smartphones? I mainly use my phone for music so the audio, codec, etc is my main concern when buying a new one. I have an LG G7 ThinQ and was wondering if the new one was worth the upgrade audio wise.

Julian Rodriguez
Julian Rodriguez

have you tried other charging cables? I had that too then I dropped my cable head and it got tighter, I mean how else could it have changed from loose to tight. micro usb experience. I have ton of usb charging cables. I use a long cable. Some loose some tight. USB brick to connect to.

Jaxson Turner
Jaxson Turner

so basically, what you are saying is the a60 is confirmed for uk release soon but no date no when's it coming out?
also will the samsung m series come out the uk because i saw official listings in other European sites for the m series?

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-A60.jpg (52 KB, 615x450)

Anthony Anderson
Anthony Anderson

What I’m saying is the other two models are being released but there’s no news about the A60. Same for the M Series, absolutely no mention of them as far as I’m aware.

Oliver Sullivan
Oliver Sullivan

Is it that bad then? Could this same guy get more hours out of any other phone?

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

youtube.com/watch?v=YoSYD_bO3q8

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

oh, thanks for the clarification.

Julian Fisher
Julian Fisher

Considering the 90hz display the OnePlus does really fucking well compared to the competition, it's roughly the same albeit a tad bit worse.

I guess I'll get the 7 pro because notches are really fucking gay

Jackson Cooper
Jackson Cooper

For most of the time 90hz is 60 or not on sempai

Luke Adams
Luke Adams

What do you mean?
I mean there's a 60hz mode but there's no way it just auto adjusts that depending on what you're doing, it'll be 90hz the whole time even if the activity isn't

Asher Johnson
Asher Johnson

OnePlus 7 Pro is gearing up to be the disappointment of the year bros
OnePlus has settled

Attached: HsTTYKZ.jpg (119 KB, 695x642)

Liam Nelson
Liam Nelson

It adjusts to the app or video

Jack Reed
Jack Reed

why are you guys such fucking cunts?

Ryder Reyes
Ryder Reyes

mi a2 lite

David Hernandez
David Hernandez

Holy fuck the Mi9 is amazing, slim-ass battery and still does great, even aces that benchmark. Oneplus also did well considering it probably defaults to 1440p, unlike the Samsung.

Evan Bell
Evan Bell

is iphone XR really the top selling phone?

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

Samsung and apple both do multiple versions of pretty much the same phone. Why don't they make a fucking phone without front facing cameras. As a male I don't care for such shit. Just put the speaker and use the back for cameras

Angel Carter
Angel Carter

If the majority of you would learn how to use your phones and stop coming in asking stupid fucking questions, we’d stop being that way

Lincoln Miller
Lincoln Miller

No, biggest sellers currently are the Huawei devices, the IPhone 10 as its practically the same as the XS and better than the XR and Samsung S10 range.

Adam Ortiz
Adam Ortiz

Because people love their selfies, demand creates business.

Easton Hughes
Easton Hughes

It adjusts to the app or video
It doesn't, actually. Watch MKBHD's video, when it's on 90hz mode it's 90hz all the time, Oneplus said they might bring a variable refresh rate feature later on in an update,

Aaron Reyes
Aaron Reyes

Oh, I forgot to add:
The only thing I absolutely must have (and the reason I'm not sticking with Android) is font support for Japanese shit, not even changing the system's language to jap did the trick back in Android 5.

Attached: 1550384018658.jpg (51 KB, 360x523)

Jason Flores
Jason Flores

Installing Lineage 15.1 failed
try again, if pajeets can figure it out so can you

Christopher Reyes
Christopher Reyes

No, I did it, but as soon as I put a lockscreen it stopped working altogether, requiring another wipe. I'm not very grand on keeping to use it just to find out it's broken days of re-re-re-configuring later.

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

there will never be a truly great phone that uses the form factor of the razer phones.
Please no more sleek phones.

James Powell
James Powell

the era of shitty bloated UIs and crapware
the 2010s have called. They want their samsung galaxy S3i Active Mini Duo Youth Edition back.

pure android is garbage. It was always garbage but vendor frameworks used to be even worse, which is no longer the case. Even pixels are just as far from pure android as oneui, emui, miui, etc.

Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis

Wireless charging is a meme

Luis Ross
Luis Ross

pixel
more quality
KEK

Nolan Nguyen
Nolan Nguyen

first you release a phone without headphone jack
then you release a worse phone but this time it has a headphone jack

doubledipping on retards

John Morales
John Morales

xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro-review/
OnePlus 7 Pro Review – This is the Best Smartphone so far in 2019
that's it, I'm buying it

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

I bought a redmi note 7, it's my first chinkphone and I was wondering if there are any necessary apps I should get / things to do/to make this phone fully usable, idk launchers or some shit?

Caleb Richardson
Caleb Richardson

what makes it not fully usable ootb?

James King
James King

Not only paying for a better camera, bro. We're paying more for a better everything, y'know?

Robert Ross
Robert Ross

install GCam:
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/themes/official-bsg-gcam-port-6-2-024-t3924784

Camden Martin
Camden Martin

Is it good to buy a phone without a plan and just pay upfront ?

Attached: 1556814435810s.jpg (3 KB, 124x125)

Robert Perez
Robert Perez

yeah bro

David Gray
David Gray

don't know yet

Grayson Gray
Grayson Gray

reminder

Attached: 7provsp3.jpg (349 KB, 1152x555)

Jaxon Ross
Jaxon Ross

Bro, pass me the sauce on that

Zachary Rodriguez
Zachary Rodriguez

Gcam will fix it

Andrew Baker
Andrew Baker

The camera isn't one of the strengths of 7 Pro.
It's not terrible, though, just kinda Samsung tier.

John Lopez
John Lopez

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/05/oneplus-7-pro-review-the-fastest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/

Henry Collins
Henry Collins

The fastest, best-designed, best-value Android phone
Fuck yeah, bro! I can't wait for this snag this phone

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

ikr im the guy who keeps posting that image and i bought one this morning

Luis Johnson
Luis Johnson

dub trips confirm

Nathan Davis
Nathan Davis

phone
It's a tablet.

Kevin Howard
Kevin Howard

Even pixels are just as far from pure android as oneui, emui, miui, etc.
Congratulations, you don't know what AOSP is and looks like.

Jackson Thomas
Jackson Thomas

Unlock your bootloader, flash TWRP and then a custom ROM. In the meantime use Blokada and ADB tools to remove as much pre-installed Mi software as possible.

Josiah Wood
Josiah Wood

Tablet? Phone? Whatever bro, they all fit in my hand

Logan Davis
Logan Davis

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Ayden Peterson
Ayden Peterson

hey OnePoo street shitter, is your main gig calling random people and telling them their windows has a virus or is this your main gig?
no wait, I bet you were one of those faggots that got busted in the Medicare sting, new job working out?

Alexander Foster
Alexander Foster

Do you lose anything by using the OP7P on VZ? I still don't get the whole cdma and gsm shit.

Attached: 1367007071203.gif (2.72 MB, 500x375)

Isaiah Reyes
Isaiah Reyes

for the third time, no, you don't lose shit

Juan Bailey
Juan Bailey

this
even /r/android will tell you oneui is straight up better than stock android at this point
googlel fucked up with their gesture implementation so bad with android 9 that they had to revamp the entire thing with Q by implementing samsung's gestures, they also only just introduced native theming and night mode which one ui already had for ages amongst other things

the dude samsung ui sucks is just a holdover from plebs who haven't touched a new samsung phone but just so happen to have anecdotal evidence about them being shit (yeah bro uhhh like I have a redmi note 7 but my dad has a samsung note 9 and I used it and it's like so bad bro, did you know they preinstall facebook wtf??) but completely disregard anything that the chinks do like one plus (and all chinese phones) sending your data straight to china or installing ads in the UI (b-but you can get rid of them! yeah you can also get rid of the preinstalled facebook app if you aren't a sub 80 IQ mongoloid fuck)

Angel Turner
Angel Turner

Aye mangs I need input.

I have a software issue with Android I can't fix no matter how many times I've factory reset my phone and I'm out of ideas because I can't find the same problem through Google.

Bought Nokia 6(old ver.) roughly s year ago
Nougat out of the box. Worked perfectly.
Oreo rolls out
Notifications(except for texts and phone calls) break
Every push notification is delayed until I unlock screen/refresh app
Factory reset multiples times yet problem still persists

I don't see the point in staying with Nougat so I won't roll back.

Anyone ever had this problem?

Kevin Morris
Kevin Morris

having this much buyer's remorse
projecting this hard on a Cambodian basket weaving geocity

Attached: file.png (300 KB, 900x640)

Robert Bennett
Robert Bennett

Dude stop misinforming people. You lose the ability for 2G and 3G if you're in an area with no LTE.

Robert Morgan
Robert Morgan

dang I guess I just made all that shit up huh

James Lopez
James Lopez

does it have the same launcher and apps switcher? Does it have navigation pill with the same gestures? does it have active edge, aod, live wallpaper integration, etc etc?

aosp is just a base. It doesn't have proprietary shit that is actually good, and it doesnt have drivers. Drivers are important. Which is why custom romshit that is based on aosp is always buggy unreliable crashing "bugs-you-tell-me" garbage for shiteating soiboys who dont know any better and think nova launcher is the best thing after watching their wife's daugher getting blacked in front of them.

Tyler Lee
Tyler Lee

hey guys, I was interested in the Xiaomi's Mi mix 3, but I couldn't find the green jade colour anywhere, do you know if they still produce it?

Mason Kelly
Mason Kelly

yeah, kinda sad actually

Attached: maw.png (498 KB, 559x516)

Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross

I hear the size is a meme but it's an issue for short chinks, Indian street shitters and women.

Luckily I am a white male and can handle this excalibur of a phone.

Attached: 1524244843907.jpg (35 KB, 533x624)

Brayden Long
Brayden Long

Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network, soon there will be no 2G and 3G. Their LTE network already covers 99.9% of what the CDMA network does.

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

All OEM ROMs slow down over time and bloated chink and samshit ROMs are slower from the start. The only solution is LOS or AOSP, or the ROMs derived from them if you want more features. The vendor "features" are better off as standalone apps.
even /r/android
Maybe you should stay there.

Hunter Martinez
Hunter Martinez

so googlel didn't change their entire gesture system?
one ui didn't have dark mode and better gestures before android Q?
one plus wasn't involved in a huge scandal about sending user data to china?
weird

Nolan Rivera
Nolan Rivera

Luckily, I'm a white male

Attached: 1547006752027.gif (1.6 MB, 448x344)

William Diaz
William Diaz

/spg/ is filled to the brim with nonwhites living vicariously through phones to pretend they know what it means to live a comfy life.

It's okay darkie, maybe Vishnu will reroll your skin color for the next life, but I doubt it.

Attached: 1543830187739.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)

Christian Allen
Christian Allen

You cannot handle a 7" screen comfortably with one hand. It's not possible unless your fingers are freakishly long.

But I guess nobody cares about single-handed use anymore.

James Gray
James Gray

No ois sucks. Shaky hands=shit image. But with gcam it did perform very good if the phone is held stationary. So video recording with panning scenes are shit

Cameron Ward
Cameron Ward

now if only i could order any pixel phone without taking a 50% gamble of it coming broken in one way or another.

surely google will address quality control issues with 3a, right?
and here we go, phones not turning on, broken screens out of the box, screens breaking after days of usage, yellow screens, blue screens, screens cracking from 20cm drop because cheap dragonmeme glass, mic issues, speaker issues, and obligatory "thanks for betatesting, would you like to send a bug report" software issues.
Maybe you americans can just RMA faulty phones no problem in a day, but for anyone else it means sending the phone back, paying for transport, and waiting for the new one for weeks. Fuck that, i'll just not crop my photos 400%.

Logan Richardson
Logan Richardson

that's some top notch projection you got there Ranjiv

Attached: gold-man-datta-phuge-beaten-to-death-in-front-of-son.jpg (19 KB, 385x255)

Benjamin Rogers
Benjamin Rogers

Haha, what are you taking me for, bro? Some rinky dink asian?

Easton Brown
Easton Brown

OneUI copied MIUI and EMUI (and did a pretty poor job at that), and both of those, in turn, ripped off iOS.

Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes

Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network
I apologize then, I didn't know that.

Attached: 1367124692511.gif (1.63 MB, 195x150)

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

Has anyone tried the huawei's nano memory card onto different .brand phones with dual sim slot?

Juan Cruz
Juan Cruz

I have a 5.2" phone and even that isnt very easy to use one handed. Just fucking use both hands it isnt that hard..

Benjamin Watson
Benjamin Watson

So video recording with panning scenes are shit
Not really, the EIS is implemented better than OIS on most phones, hence that dxo rating. The problems appear in low-light photography where you need to have a steady hand to get good results, even with gcam. It's not a good point-and-shoot camera.

Christian Sanders
Christian Sanders

Which is why custom romshit that is based on aosp is always buggy unreliable crashing "bugs-you-tell-me" garbage for shiteating soiboys who dont know any better and think nova launcher is the best thing after watching their wife's daugher getting blacked in front of them.
Sorry that you couldn't be bothered to check XDA before buying an unsupported device. But you're clearly just shitposting, so...

Carter Harris
Carter Harris

Eis only support the miui stock cam as for now and they suck ass. They always produce watercolored and noisy pictures or video. I guess its matter of time before the custom dev gets that feature onto gcam

Luis Hernandez
Luis Hernandez

dxo rating
Don't forget, they are paid to shill these phones

Nolan Bennett
Nolan Bennett

All OEM ROMs slow down over time
how can a ROM slow down over time?
bloated chink and samshit ROMs are slower from the start.
reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/bkg89o/solved_pixel_33xl_performance_issues/
So, I have literally spent months trying different methods in attempts of fixing the Pixel 3 sluggishness and stuttering issues. I tried reboots, uninstalling unwanted apps, clearing the cache, full system wipes, etc but no matter what the performance issues would return.
yaddayadda, snakeoil placebo crap, reduce animation speed, its super smooth now i swear guys #pixel4life plz upboat
also my chink 200$ huawei on emui 9 is not any slower than my previous nexus 5 was on its latest stock rom.

William King
William King

The video is amazing on stock, what the gcam port needs badly is support for pixel binning. It's already better at capturing details and night sight is miles ahead of Xiaomi's bullshit, but the dynamic range in most cases weighs heavily on the side of the stock app thanks to that.

David Price
David Price

implying supported devices are bugfree
it only takes one freeze to disregard the ROM as buggy piece of shit. And i haven't yet seen a custom ROM that didn't shit the bed in one way or another at some point, spilling curry and onions all over the place, even on "developer oriented" devices like nexus phones.

Kevin Anderson
Kevin Anderson

Just fucking use both hands it isnt that hard..
It's not hard, just inconvenient.

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

Is Pixel 2 the comfiest phone ever invented?

Attached: Screenshot-20181215-005826.png (3.07 MB, 1440x2880)

Brandon Jones
Brandon Jones

Fucking weeb

Easton Russell
Easton Russell

Can someone explain to me what "whatsapp" actually does? I've never used it but now Jow Forums is claiming its a botnet or some shit.

Jayden Russell
Jayden Russell

Blocks your path

Attached: oneplus-x-hands-on-40.jpg (610 KB, 1600x1200)

Ryan Bennett
Ryan Bennett

what does that have to do with talking about how shit stock android is

Jack Kelly
Jack Kelly

*busts through your block*

Austin Bailey
Austin Bailey

FUCK

Attached: 81OvOMun5zL.-SX425-.jpg (26 KB, 425x532)

Aaron Hall
Aaron Hall

OnePlus, you fucking nerds, give me a OnePlus X2

Michael Bailey
Michael Bailey

On the OP1 still. I don't get a new phone too often. Phone prior to the OP1 was the first Lumia and Samsung G600 before that.
I'm thinking of getting a contract for the initial couple of years and then sim only.
Is the OP7Pro the best phone to get now then for someone who doesn't upgrade often?

Carson Smith
Carson Smith

OxygenOS gesture navigation is the best gesture navigation system on an Android phone, prove me wrong.

Attached: 1533580490813.jpg (151 KB, 703x685)

Kevin Harris
Kevin Harris

motorized camera
muh edge to edge curved screen
muh bezel-less phone
no jack, yay bluetooth headphones
They are removing even the smallest bezels where you can fit all the sensors and cameras in the world plus some nice dual front speakers.
Nevermind the headphone jack.
God do i hate modern smartphones.
cocksucking faggots will literally kill themselves if they see the bezels on a galaxy nexus.

Bentley Jackson
Bentley Jackson

what about my fucking privacy with those room, i prefer to give my soul to apple cook team with a solid iphone xs.

Jaxson Jones
Jaxson Jones

OH NONONOONOOOOOO

Attached: e.jpg (382 KB, 1562x959)

Logan Fisher
Logan Fisher

MIUI gestures are better

Jayden Myers
Jayden Myers

K20 PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE XIOMI!!

Tyler Garcia
Tyler Garcia

more like XiaMOMMY

Attached: 1r.jpg (356 KB, 556x1072)

Parker Bell
Parker Bell

where were you when snsv slayed shit+shit?

Attached: .png (524 KB, 689x1232)

Michael Perez
Michael Perez

OH YEA.
Give the sauce

Joseph Butler
Joseph Butler

that pop up camera is pretty nice but it must be a bitch to make a case for it

Easton Scott
Easton Scott

How's their software and update policy?

Colton Torres
Colton Torres

I don't think it's sauce she's licking user...

Aiden Lopez
Aiden Lopez

Americas have decent consumer laws
What are you on about mate? They have the worst laws. In Australia if it's a major fault they have to give you the option of a refund, replacement or repair. If it's a minor fault, it's their choice. Screens breaking, mic issues, tinted screens, etc. are all major faults.

Nicholas Price
Nicholas Price

user, you know what I mean. I got a boner, you have to take responsibility

Kevin Peterson
Kevin Peterson

I'm not the user that posted it so I don't fucking know. Good luck though.

John Moore
John Moore

implying everyone here phoneposts
get //boards.4channel.org/out/ newfag

Owen Sullivan
Owen Sullivan

I hear the OP7P comes with a screen protector but what about case? What are some good cases I can order for it? I don't know good brands for those

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

dead on arrival

Brandon Phillips
Brandon Phillips

It comes with a clear plastic case. They make their own brand cases too which are really good but all the big ones make cases for them like spigen etc.

Isaiah Brown
Isaiah Brown

Are Sucnakp good cases?

Christian Jones
Christian Jones

I feel like all these One Plus 7 Pro killers are good since it finally seems like flagships will have to be competitive again, but most of them seem cheap as shit compared to it.

Dylan Campbell
Dylan Campbell

is the clear plastic case good? I always thought it looked flimsy

Camden Brooks
Camden Brooks

Should I use EdXposed and xprivacylua?

If not what should I use?

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

imagine how based it'd be if samsung or sony bought android from google

Adrian Collins
Adrian Collins

best phone

Attached: 1545626268722.png (1.24 MB, 1600x1200)

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

Coming from an Oneplus One, what's the best phone for around $300 out there in terms of price/performance?

I like to spend money efficiently

Attached: 81SyRS2DlkL.-SY355-.jpg (14 KB, 355x355)

David Sanchez
David Sanchez

Pocophone or wait for Redmi K20

Hudson Brown
Hudson Brown

Sony Z5 Premium

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

Why is the k20 going to be that special? Xiaomi has really shitty software and will cut corners fucking everywhere

Juan Flores
Juan Flores

Cheapest SD855 phone, notchless AMOLED display with pop-up selfie cam, 4000mah battery, 48 memepixel camera, likely to keep the headphone jack and MicroSD slot.

David Watson
David Watson

S7 owner here.
Should I upgrade to S8 now or wait for S9 to get more affordable?

Nathaniel Kelly
Nathaniel Kelly

You should stop buying Samshit phones

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

Why is it trying to copy the OnePlus beat for beat?
I just typically see xiaomi as cutting corners and I see them doing that here and added on with their awful OS

Juan Jackson
Juan Jackson

stereo speakers
one is bottom firing
whats even the point? who has speakers pointed in 2 different directions

Jaxon Nelson
Jaxon Nelson

S7 is arguably the best phone Samsung has ever made. I only recently got rid of mine and got a note 9. Which is also a great phone.

Liam Flores
Liam Flores

Not happening bud, I'm not going to buy chink phones.
Are you saying that S9/Note 9 are a worthy upgrade from the S7?

Camden Hernandez
Camden Hernandez

Why is it trying to copy the OnePlus beat for beat?
Undercutting them and stealing the spotlight. You can expect it to be almost half the price, while matching it in most specs (at least on the surface) and beating it at synthetic benchmarks. This, in turn, will generate massive hype, think Poco last year, but amplify it because this time the target couldn't be more obvious.

Joshua Jenkins
Joshua Jenkins

Sure but does it fix the god awful OS?
That's going to undercut matching the hardware much more than most people will think.

Austin Garcia
Austin Garcia

god awful OS
MIUI is great, actually

Brody Campbell
Brody Campbell

Ad ridden chink OS

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

Sure but does it fix the god awful OS?
Oneplus also runs on Android, so they're equally botched in that regard.
No but serious talk, one of the big selling points of Xiaomi phones is that they are developer friendly, and at a lower price and not lacking some key features like the headphone jack and the SD slot, it will appeal to the "enthusiast" part of the market that made the core of Oneplus's audience.

Easton Morris
Easton Morris

What ads? I can't see any ads.

Ryan Wilson
Ryan Wilson

Will it have a 90hz screen too though?
That's a big selling point to me

Jayden Adams
Jayden Adams

If last year is indicative of anything, people are more than willing to settle for an LCD if it means it has the headphone jack.

David King
David King

Fitibit Alta HR -> Charge 3 or nah

Attached: 1428456392012.jpg (14 KB, 294x348)

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

tfw no purple-ish pixel 3a in my country

Attached: raw.png (116 KB, 320x286)

Carter Carter
Carter Carter

does the 3a have raise to wake

Anthony Rivera
Anthony Rivera

So that's a no to a 90hz screen?
Then it's shit to me.

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

Have a Huawei phone
Trump is banning them in the US
Uhhh should I get a new phone bros?

Ethan Ward
Ethan Ward

Wait why are they getting banned

Noah Mitchell
Noah Mitchell

Is there any reason folks don't talk about samsung pay more often? Just got an S10e coming from a G6 and it's pretty nice.

Aaron Harris
Aaron Harris

This nigga gets it. Still using mine, but a replacement is overdue now. I still can't believe it failed commercially. It's the best phone I ever had, and best bang for buck

Austin Torres
Austin Torres

slider phones could make a comeback
instead companies are doing retard mechanisms that can break easily just so they can charge more

Dylan White
Dylan White

My experience with Xiaomi phones, mic and speaker are their weakpoints. Tested/Recorded it myself and compared after someone brought the issue up to me. I compared it to my Samsung A5 (2017)

Jayden Miller
Jayden Miller

Not someone pushing for the wireless meme, but if you only have one type C port for everything. It makes sense you would get wireless charging to compensate.

Jayden Barnes
Jayden Barnes

I dunno desu. Saw it on Twitter.

twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1128774585699184641?s=19

Lincoln Jones
Lincoln Jones

Simple mechanisms are alright in that regard, but yeah, manual sliders are more aesthetic and usually fit in more stuff.

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

I want to upgrade from my Pixel 2 to a bigger, less shit screen and I'm really missing the headphone jack since the USB C port is getting loose but nothing is hitting all the right notes.

The S10e was the closest I could see but the shit camera in comparison to the Pixel 2 is throwing me off. I take a lot of photos of nature and for references for art so a good camera is important.

Main things I'm looking for:

- Not shit software, ability to flash custom roms
- Not shit display, I want my color accuracy and at a decent size and brightness
- headphone jack
- expandable storage is a nice to have
- very good camera and support for GCAM

Don't care about price point.

Attached: 550137525901983755.gif (42 KB, 100x100)

Nolan Davis
Nolan Davis

LG V30

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit