youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

>Avoid buying CPUs for the next week as zen 2 based CPUs are being announced in less than 10 days

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p (FHD)
>RX 570/580 - value choice
>1660 - better performance on max settings
> 1660 Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - high framerates (120-144)
1440p (WQHD)
>1070 Ti / Vega - good performance on max settings
>2080 Ti - high framerates (120-144)
2160p (UHD)
>Radeon VII or RTX 2080 - weaker than 2080 Ti, marginally better value
>RTX 2080 Ti - powerful, but worst value

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 1557909742489.jpg (1668x1492, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/JxRzJ8
greensboro.craigslist.org/sys/d/greensboro-windows-98-computer/6887071493.html
newegg.com/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462
youtube.com/watch?v=MMJoLyrWa7E
walmart.com/ip/AMD-RYZEN-5-2400G-Quad-Core-3-6-GHz-Socket-AM4-65W-Desktop-Processor-YD2400C5FBBOX-Free-The-Division-2-Gold-Edition-World-War-Z-with-purchase/486170872
802u.com/
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/32WBXP
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/bkp323/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx
gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for AMD

Based

Sir, buy the RayTracingX 2060. It good value, performance, cost. Pair good with i5 9500F.

Thanks, Schlomo

>2080
>1080 ti

Which is better for 1440p gaming?

So I'm a pathetic wage slave that at least gets discounts on Intel shit for taking some bullshit learning courses online.
But I want to go full AMD for my next build cause fuck Intel. Is the biggest 'fuck you' reselling the Intel processor and getting a Zen 2?

2080 is slightly better than 1080 Ti on current games. However, the 1080 Ti has more VRAM, so there is a possibility that it is more futureproof. That's if gaymes don't fully leverage Turing architecture improvements.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JxRzJ8
I already have a 500gb samsung SSD.

I have about $850 in budget, I want to eventually be able to do VR and shit when I save enough for a VR headset. Is this a good build?

Whats a good 500GB SSD? that isn't much more than $100
Also where can I buy I cheap copy of windows 10 Pro (64-bit)?
I really only want to spend a combined $200 on the two things

If you want that VR meme, you might want to buy a GPU with a Type-C USB port, but it's not that big of a deal.

2080 is 10% faster on average but certain titles scale better with 1080ti's higher stream processor count.

Depends on how big the discount is
Chances are, Intel processors will probably not resell very well. It's only going to get worse from now, too.

>desktop is dying
>ryzen 3000 nowhere to be found
t-thanks amd

I'm the potato head from the last thread who took two hours just to put a motherboard in a case.
Finally finished me first pc build. Booted up no problems first time too.

I'm happy with it.

Attached: IMG_20190520_034127-1612x1209.jpg (1612x1209, 281K)

The rear

Attached: IMG_20190520_020831-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 333K)

looks breddy good, enjoy your new PC bruh

Any "official" Zen2 leaks yet?

1 week

>Gotcha, is it trash?
The Ventus XS, I'm not sure. The 1660Ti is garbage and has milled heatsink. I'm not sure about the 2060, but I know some 2060s also only have milled heatsinks. You shouldn't have a milled heatsink on a 90w+ card.

If you have to build today though, yes a 2600X+Vega56 would be cheaper and much better on the CPU end of things.
Like the other anons said, you may be better off waiting for the new 500 series AM4 boards at least. Though... I have my own doubts that Navi is going to be better price:performance than a $260 Vega 56.

Official leaks are that there will be a 12 core.
That IPC seems to be increased about 8-12% on average.
Hardware mitigations against the Specter variations that affected Zen and some "future undisclosed vulnerability".
Looks like the X570 chipset will be able to support 3x m.2 with full NVMe speeds on each, as opposed to 1x on the current x470.
Though it does appear that some x370 and x470 boards will be able to update BIOS for full NVMe speeds on x2 m.2 *IF* they support bifurcation on their m.2 slots currently (unlikely).

Other than that, no word on clock speeds. Engineering samples have been low clocked. The 1800X had 1000MHz higher clock speeds than the Zen engineering sample, for example.
Also no word on total memory latency, except that some Chinese person on forum claimed 50ns was achievable.

What GPU is that? Used 1070Ti? I don't remember seeing that heatsink design lately on newer models.
I like the build. It's not 90% empty case as you actually went for a reasonably sized case.

>Whats a good 500GB SSD? that isn't much more than $100
Just get 1TB for $85-$95 instead. Why overpay for 500GB?
>Also where can I buy I cheap copy of windows 10 Pro (64-bit)?
Ebay or Kinguin. I got mine from ebay from a seller who sold a good deal of them and was near 100% on feedback. Has been fine for about a year now. It was $6 or something.

I know this isn't quite the place to ask for it but I just gotta vent a bit.
Ever since I got a replacement SSD for my failed laptop HDD about a month ago now, I've been getting constant memory errors in Chrome, and just now my PC got a BSOD when I tried running Chrome while installing Ubuntu on VMware.
Is it common for SATA SSDs to do this in general, or is this just a feature of my goddamned Kingston A400 SSD? If Kingston proves to be such a bitch with SSDs I'm going to want to avoid them when buying an M.2 because I considered getting an A1000 from them for about 135 USD

hi I'm in Australia with a budget of 1500, can go over it needed.
will play game of thieves but want futureproofing.
I'm considering a 8400with a rx590

greensboro.craigslist.org/sys/d/greensboro-windows-98-computer/6887071493.html

Is this a good buy?

What are your prices for 580, 590, 1660, 1660ti, and vega56?
And get Ryzen 5 instead of the 8400.

I don't think an SSD should be causing memory errors, no.

>What GPU is that?
just a normal 1070

Holy fugg I have been out of the techworld for like 2 years now I didn't realize SSDs were so cheap. I guess I will look on ebay for a windows 10 copy

I'm sure I'll get laughed at for this one, but whatever

Tell me why I should get a PC over a Mac for music production purposes. I'd probably play a bit of video games on the side with a PC, but by no means is that a reason to make the switch.

I know Macs are expensive, but they've never let me down when it comes to music production. Recording instruments has never been an issue for me. I need to be sure I'll be able to record my music smoothly and without any issues if I'm going to be spending $1500-$2000 on a computer.

I've heard issues in the past from fellow musicians about PC recording not being as good as Mac recording. Has this changed? Hell, was it ever really true in the first place? I don't know enough either way to dispute their claims. Maybe that was true at one point but isn't now? I'd love to know so I can make an informed decision going forward.

580: 250
590: 350
1660: 350
1660ti: 430
vega56: 500

R5 2600 seems good?

Which Motherboard manufacturer has the most reliable boards and the best warranty/RMA policy? I have never purchased a single working motherboard, not in a pre-built PC and not as a component for a home build so I need a company that will RMA my mobo with the least hassle. My current motherboard is suffering catastrophic fucking failure where the USB ports constantly stop working (I had to reinstall drivers for them for the fifth time) and I will never buy another ASUS product as long as I live.

Also whats with this thing
newegg.com/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462
A PCIe based SSD? What the fuck have I missed? Are these things any good? Do they just hook right on to the end of a PCIe port? Can I write my OS on to it?

Pick 1660
>R5 2600 seems good?
Nah 9400f is better for gaming. Check benchmarks for yourself

I'm looking forward to building my first PC, my budget is around 400-500$ USD, main use for it would mainly be gaming. Any good ideas on what to get? Also a cheap and good monitor would be nice

2600 if you plan on upgrading in the next couple years (since youll be able to use the same mobo), 9400f if you'll be waiting a while.

>been out of the techworld for like 2 years now I didn't realize SSDs were so cheap
Yeah. If I was buying now, I'd get 2TB. I saw the SU800 2TB for $180 last week.

Yes 2600 is good if you want to OC it. 2600X is better if you don't as it has high clocks out of the box.
And holyshit your prices are atrocious. I'd just go with the RX580.
Here in the US the RX580 is around $180 yet Vega 56 is only ~$260 with incentives($40 of games). But for you it costs double the RX580 which isn't worth. 1660 and 590 aren't worth that much over the RX580 either when they're only 10-15% better.

The guy recommending you Intel is trolling you. Just check the news of all the performance lost with new vulns when it was only even in pure gaming to start with an worse for everything else.

Macs tend to not be a bad choice for music production.
It's mostly just video production where I'd go PC because for ~$2300 you can build a video production PC that's as good as a $10,000+ MAC.
But for music production, you don't need that good of specs just as long as it has an 8 core, good audio device, etc. So you're still overpaying for MAC, but not as bad since you don't need a high spec GPU and 64GB of memory and blah blah to begin with.

MSI.

Uhh PCI were the original SSDs.
Don't get the 660p. It gets slow once it's over 80% full. Get a 3D-TLC NAND SSD.
3D-QLC is only acceptable for a secondary drive, as once it becomes full it's almost as slow as a HDD.

2400G is your only option that that budget when needing monitor.
Search 1080p 75hz 4ms freesync ips and you should get an $80-$100 result for monitor.

Over the past few years it's like 130-170 for an i7

>Shitel
How are those security vulnerabilities going for you user?
Prepare yourself for the crippled read and write performance, the patches are on the way.

Attached: 1558238200657.png (1316x1634, 85K)

probably better off buying secondhand

>Yeah. If I was buying now, I'd get 2TB. I saw the SU800 2TB for $180 last week.
But I just don't need that kind of space.
>Uhh PCI were the original SSDs.
Yeah but I though they got phased out by sata 3. I didn't expect to see them in the limelight again.
Also another stupid question why does everyone hype up VPNs nowadays and they use them on apps. When I think VPN I think Hamachi tier stuff something to connect you to a few people. Am I a tech boomer?

>2 year old pic
>ATTO Disk Benchmark
here's a (You)

>How are those security vulnerabilities going for you user?
Cannibalized the drives from my Thinkpad and chucked them back in my Ryzen desktop I've been putting off reinstalling shit on for over a month. Wasted all weekend wrestling with weird kernel panics but I eventually got it. Twelve threads is God-like, imagine more.

What are some old GPUs i can get for cheap?

None of them

Getting a new in box i7 with work discount can usually be sold to idiots looking at old benchmarks fine.

It'll probably be months or even years that it catches on how stutterly and slow Intel are at multitasking due to their massive performance nerfs to context switching. They were already twice as bad as AMD in that regard in 2017 before any of the patches, and now they're 4-5x as bad.

>Yeah but I though they got phased out by sata 3
I'm pretty sure that SATA 3 is just PCIe 3.0 x1 speed.
Those NVMe drives and PCIe ones are PCIe 3.0 x4 which is about 31.52 Gbps compared to 6Gbps of SATA 3. So, yeah, SATA 3 is 3.0 x1 speed which makes sense.

However, it's worth noting that SATA 3 speed is all you need which is why I just recommend a basic 3D-TLC SSD. Past around 550MB/s, you are bottlenecked by the programs themselves.

R7 265 is generally the best price/perf of old GPUs. Especially if all you need is to support a few monitors and to play old games.

>Twelve threads is God-like, imagine more.
It's interesting how quickly software has been getting updated to be more multithreaded, including even games, now that 8c/16t is mainstream tier. I would not have guessed there would be this much progress with Adobe Premiere and games especially in just 2 years.

>Especially if all you need is to support a few monitors and to play old games.
I just need something to make a HTPC with my old build.
I was looking at the HD 7770-R9 270 but i will check the 265 too.

user here that wanted to get a 9900k for audio production, and now I'm waiting for Computex

Some user had commented that the context switching post mitigations does affect the latency, due to how the drivers, either USB or TB3, would run at kernel space, and the DAW runs at userspace.
Then, other user says that Zen chiplet architecture is the cause of shitty performance for Ryzen on low buffer settings.
So, at the end, I feel like I can choose the better solution, but the least bad.

>no word on total memory latency, except that some Chinese person on forum claimed 50ns was achievable.
Are there any improvements on IF with Zen2, or is that paired with high memory frequency?

The difference, from what I can tell, is how good CoreAudio is, and how shit the windows kernel scheduler is.
I used to have a MBP, and it never had appreciable latency issues, compared to Windows. No bad drops or glitches with wifi, for example, which is one of the first things you need to disable when using ASIO drivers.

I've heard that Zen's latency can be improved by operating on one CCX only

Should I get Gtx 1060 or rx 570? Rx 570 is a lot cheaper but the 1060 does very good in emulators like Cemu and Citra

GTX 1060 6GB>RX 570>1060 3GB

What should I look for in a motherboard besides making sure it will take everything I want to plug into it?

Attached: file.png (962x1200, 1.14M)

Get the 580 (8GB), not the 570
1060s aren't in stock anymore so the prices are way higher than they're worth

For an OpenGL emulator like Cemu, the 1060.
For everything else, RX570.
Citra has Vulkan support.

>Are there any improvements on IF with Zen2, or is that paired with high memory frequency?
Zen2 has double the IF bandwidth. Don't know about latency. But that's really not a big concern like the dumb shills make it out to be. It very rarely becomes an issue, and isn't one for over 99% of applications. Just look at how bad ringbus latency is with 10 cores. It's generally a bigger issue yet the shills don't bring that up.
The IMC is supposed to be better as well. AMD outsourced the IMC for Zen whereas for Zen2 they made their own.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMJoLyrWa7E

Get a MSI B450 Tomahawk.
Done.

But to answer your question good VRM setup and heatsinks and general board quality.

Debug features, mainly. A POST code is ideal, if not that then at least some LEDs.
VRMs are the most important performance (overclocking) feature, but that becomes more important only if you have a high core count.

Yes, that's what the other user said.
But then, at low buffer settings I would end with the performance of a fucking i3.
The thing with audio, is that it has multiple usage scenarios. Tracking, low context switching is needed, from what that other user said. But once you start mixing, and have multiple VST instruments, it needs really low latencies in memory access. That's part why Xeons are not really used in real time music production.

Like I said, I'm waiting(tm).
That's part of why I wanted the 9900k, from the very few reviews, and forums like kvraudio, even if the little housefire is expensive, is (or was) in that very sweet spot where it is not as expensive as skylake-X and the like, and its latencies are lower, while still packing a lot of raw performance. For that very usage scenario, it was good bang for the buck.
>The IMC is supposed to be better as well. AMD outsourced the IMC for Zen whereas for Zen2 they made their own.
So, Zen2 gets out on 7/7, perhaps reviews will be out at the end of July, right?

Attached: Dawbench-Vi-Test-Chart.jpg (1949x885, 286K)

How do I find a win 7 license in the current year? Any recommendations?

You run Daz loader.

I really don’t want to overspend on a mac, but it just seems so much easier

What do you set your fan speeds to?

An appropriate balance of sound and cooling.

case fans? 20% up to 80%(side case fan at 90%).
CPU fans? Idle till they hit 40°C, after that 40% speed.
GPU fans? same than CPU fan.

What can I expect for B450 chipsets and X470 chipsets? Will the Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaymen mobo be compatible? Will there be compatibility lists released when all the chips come out? I really wanna upgrade my CPU eventually, I just wanna know when's a good time to snap 'em up. I've got a 2600 rn.

Sorry, I meant what can I expect with Ryzen's new
3000 series chips for B450 and X470 chipsets. My bad.

It really does depend how much you want to get from your money.
My MBP was really good for audio, but fucking shit for anything else. For me, audio is a hobby just like gaming is for majority of people who post here. But I do a lot of programming and VM work, with light gaming on the side, and the apple tax is just not worth it for audio alone, in my use case.
Also, while a Js based MDS attack is difficult, due to browsers limiting access to high precision timers, you have to remember that all macs use intel cpus, so take your risks

Are the ASUS B450M motherboards really bad? I just wanna get a cheap AM4 mobo

ROG Strix is great for motherboards.
But steer clear of Prime or TUF mobos.
Otherwise, you're fine with Asus. But if you want something reliable, MSI is your boy.

My PC just went down the shitter and I wanted a quick stop gap, but without spending too much that it would make me feel guilty for not waiting for b550 boards.

I hate this waiting for ryzen 3000 period bullshit. Maybe I should just get a laptop but I don't wanna deal with Win 10. Fuck my life.

Patience is a fucking virtue user. Just go dumpster diving for an old bastard temporarily and fuck with gentoo until you get the new B550 boards.

>Strix
Good but overpriced.
>TUF, Prime, etc
Shit and overpriced.

Get a MSI B450 Tomahawk instead.

>My PC just went down the shitter and I wanted a quick stop gap
Get a used office PC meanwhile then.

>But steer clear of Prime or TUF mobos.
What's wrong with prime? or tuf?

VRMs are fucked beyond absolute repair. It is the definition of Fubar in terms of Motherboards.

Lowest quality possible that make Gigabyte UD series and ASRock look decent.

Thanks. Is this the basic trend for those lines or did they just fuck up this time around.
Nice to know what to steer clear of for my zen 4 build.

guys i ordered a CPU that said it came with The Division 2

but there's no code or card or anything in the box and none of the emails i got have a code in them or a link to redeem the code

where am i supposed to get it at

>What do you set your fan speeds to?
auto

Attached: giphy.gif (500x500, 1.57M)

CPU or GPU?

CPU with an integrated graphics

2200g/2400g?

>2400g
yeah, this one. said it should come with division 2 and world war z whatever that is.

walmart.com/ip/AMD-RYZEN-5-2400G-Quad-Core-3-6-GHz-Socket-AM4-65W-Desktop-Processor-YD2400C5FBBOX-Free-The-Division-2-Gold-Edition-World-War-Z-with-purchase/486170872

>Receive codes via email within 30 days

there you go

Attached: 922570.jpg (1920x1099, 1.63M)

>Receive codes via email within 30 days
What a load of bullshit. After timmy builds his new ultra deluxe gayming PC least he get to play his fps.
Imagine all the frustration of a thousands mothers being pestered because their sons didn't get their game.

Attached: InaXz7q.jpg (900x930, 175K)

Is that an air tractor but weaponized?
Redneck crop duster plane?

>Is that an air tractor but weaponized?
Yes. AT-802U.

Basically a militarized version of the crop duster, they made it because the US Air Force was looking for a light close-air support plane but unfortunately it didn't get chosen. I think it's fucking awesome looking.

802u.com/

Depending on your needs you could install Linux on your laptop though I don't know if you'd want to deal with that instead of Windows.

Both times I received an amdrewards code voucher were out of the box, given to me by the retailer
It means you don't have a code

I'm getting a used 1070ti.
Should i keep my 1060 3gb as a backup or sell it?
I kind need the money but not really. But it would help. and the value of a 1060 3gb is about to plummet hard in he next few years because of the 3gb limit.
It looks like I can only get about $100 with this market

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/32WBXP
Making my first actual pc that isnt a storebought/handmedown laptop, getting help from friends and we got some discussion going.
I could buy the rx570 8g, but a guy is locally sellng a used gtx 1060 6g.
Im not too smart, i just want to be able to play all of the games i pirate, and some of the multiplayer ones that I buy, but i also wish to be able to upgrade when my income is less shit.

The only part on the list that is a confirm is the 4x4 ram, bought it this morning cause a guy upgraded to a dual 16gb corsair setup and he wanted to reduce clutter.
This isnt an immediate need, I dont need this thing bought, shipped, and built by next week.
I can wait, specifically for pricedrops if the zen 2 announcements do anything.
Any feedback on improving the cost to performance is appreciated.

Sell or lend/gift it to a friend that could use it or someone that plays games with you.

>I3
Get a Ryzen 2600.
That is a shitty heatsink, get a NH-U12S or a Freezer 33.
MSI B450 Tomahawk.
2x8GB 3000MHz RAM if you want 16GB.
A 860 EVO in 2.5" or a SU800 if you need to cheap out.
Avoid corsair PSUs, get a EVGA 550 or 650 G3.

pay an extra $10 and get a 1TB Adata SSD

So I game and do some designing.

Current monitors are both 1080, one TN one IPS. Both 23 in. And a 1080 drawing monitor on the side (13in).

I kind of want to get something a little larger with a higher refresh and resolution, but is mixing resolution still garbage?

Presently have a 390x GPU, may upgrade it soon, but more likely ditching the i5 for Ryzen soon.

I say get price dropped Zen+ or new Zen 2
They come with stock coolers so you can drop the cooler aswell and save money.
Reviews on Zen 2 will be out in about a week so you'll be able to gauge prices and worth. But I think Zen 2 will be well worth it with even new prices.
>gtx 1060 6g
Got a 1060 3gb myself and I'll just warn you for 60fps 1080p you need to have settings on high. And that's just keeping at 60fps so you'll be turning settings down to medium over the next year or so.
Not a train smash since medium still looks good in games now. Though just a warning. It is a 3 year old card now after all. Also Navi from AMD should be released later this year. Might drop prices and actually be worth it. $200 for 1080 performance minimum apparently.
>bronze psu
ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/bkp323/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx
gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/
fork out $20 more for a tier 1 psu. atleast it's quality.

Attached: 1496752479433.png (240x286, 123K)

I just spent 50 bucks on the ram, it stays for at least a year, the other things I cant really speak about, cause I don't know much about them.
But my main concern in this build is to keep it under 800CAD, at least until my next 1k paycheck comes in from my factory job in 2 weeks.
I'll most likely just check this thread next week and see the norm before making any other purchasing vows, I'll be too busy to think about vidya once this holiday is over

Since you got lumbered with 4 sticks of slow ram, your best bet is a 9400F. DO NOT BUY AN i3.

You should have gotten it from the retailer. Ask them.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/32WBXP
Like the other anons said, for like the same price you could have a build that's twice as good.
>$80 for CXM psu
I hope that wasn't intentional and the price changed.

Next week is when computex starts, so you'll probably see a lot of posts saying HODL FOR ZEN2 NEWS

>lend/gift it to a friend that could use it
>no friends

Attached: 1557466803393.jpg (778x628, 47K)

Why don't you just sell the ram for the same price you got it?