ITT it's 2003

The fuck are you doing in 2003 user?

Attached: file.png (1000x820, 880K)

Using UNIX.

Puking in some alley

Listening to Evanescence and Dido.

>Miku not even born yet.

My dad just installed a cool new operating system called SuSE Linux on our home computer.
It has a couple of simple but fun games.
He showed me how to use a 'terminal'.

I was 9.
So that means...
I was wailing in a grocery store and begging my mother to end my life.

Enjoying life and looking forward to the future.

Playing vice city ofc

begging my parents to buy me a computer
i severely regret ever getting internet access

DID SOMEONE SAY VIDEO GAMES?!?

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

it's pretty funny that people were using unix systems as their main environment for decades even though they've become only remotely usable in the past five years

There has never been a viable alternative.

windows

Probably playing flash games on the Windows XP box my mom gave me.

do you remember how based Diablo II was? pretty sure what was all i was doing

Boomers gotta boom, I was 6 at the time nigger, sry if I wasn't interested in education and programming back then

>not being interested in education and programming from age 2

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

I was twelve and playing Runescape.

fuck if i remember, I was 3 years old

Probably trying to download CP on Bearshare/Limewire since I was a kid and didn't want to watch ancient 20+ year olds fucking.

And that obviously. Although didn't it come out in 04?

back to your containment board

Attached: 1552314488243.png (400x1650, 367K)

We was out here shittin diapers & watching teletubbies

How is that any different from how you are today?

None of your business

In 2001 I got a used O2 for $40. IRIX was pretty nice. By around 2005-07 or so I was having trouble finding software that was supported on IRIX, or really any good Motif programs at all. That stuff is all long dead now. I'm still just sort of drifting in Linux land, as none of the graphical environments are even close to being as comfy, clean, and integrated as the IRIX desktop. I use KDE because there's nothing better.

Lmao

Attached: 3409663657_74a298ec82_b.jpg (1024x681, 166K)

Apple was based before the ditched PPC

Not viable. It's unstable, no support for software, and not modular.

Don't kid yourself.

Deployed in Iraq.

Not going to lie, there's a certain comfiness to using a mac. It's not my main machine by a long shot but every few years I'll buy a refurbished macbook to use as a simple internet tool that's easy to tote around the house and you can't beat the battery and instant on. Fuck if I'll ever buy any of their overpriced under specced shit new, but there are deals to be had in perfectly good 2-4 year old models for light use.

>t. guy who would never admit owning one to his coworkers

Like all business laptops, you shouldn't buy them new. Apple's business model, like Lenovo or Dell's, is to sell their in bulk to companies, labs, government agencies, and schools. That is why there is such a high markup for consumers. Apple has basically ditched selling consumer machines at reasonable prices, however, like the MacBook and Mac Mini.

Kill yourselves.

>unstable
Windows is the most stable OS.
>no support for software
Windows supports everything.
>not modular
Modularity is trash. A software installation is an implicit contract between you and the vendor, you should use the software, the whole software, and nothing but the software. People just have no respect for the concept of brand loyalty these days.

>Windows is the most stable OS.
Oh shit, guys, we have ourselves a comedian here tonight.

Blaming muslims for whatever.

Attached: 1529983590271.jpg (343x343, 16K)

playing battle field 1942 wake-island back and forth.

>Windows is the most stable OS.
No it isn't. It's horribly unstable. Try keeping a Windows machine on for a week or two. Then tell me how stable it is.
>Windows supports everything.
It doesn't support read/write for ZFS, extX, UFS, btrfs, or XFS. That's ridiculous and a deal breaker. It also requires hacks to run basic packages, not to mention how horribly it handles libs.
>Modularity is trash. A software installation is an implicit contract between you and the vendor, you should use the software, the whole software, and nothing but the software. People just have no respect for the concept of brand loyalty these days.
I want modularity and portability. Don't tell me what to want, but this is an obvious troll line.

god i wish that were me

>only remotely usable in the past five years
wut? they peaked around 2003/2004 and ever since then there hasn't been much progress.

I do quite like their OS even if it's slow. I think if I had to choose a closed-source OS to run on everything I'd seriously consider OSX.

unironically playing unreal tournament 2003 10 hours a day. no ragrats

>No it isn't. It's horribly unstable. Try keeping a Windows machine on for a week or two. Then tell me how stable it is.
Consumers don't do this.
>It doesn't support read/write for ZFS, extX, UFS, btrfs, or XFS. That's ridiculous and a deal breaker. It also requires hacks to run basic packages, not to mention how horribly it handles libs.
Consumers don't use these either.
>Don't tell me what to want,
Consumers also don't think this way.
Analysis: you aren't a consumer.
Why aren't you a consumer, user? Are you happy being disgusting?

Macshit was never based.

Attached: 1545232503374.png (610x1054, 160K)

Meh, so they lied on benchmarks, it's not exactly an uncommon practice. PPC is still b&r.

>8X the price of Athlon XP systems
>performs worse
Some things never change.

Playing CS 1.5
Moderating the largest French Harry Potter forum
Starting programming tutorials but never finishing them

You seem like the sort of loser fanboy who would pay to lick Steve Ballmer's sweaty asshole.

Why would I want to lick my own sweaty asshole.
What am I a cat

Go to bed, Steve. And by the way, Windows XP was ugly as fuck. Looked like a 4 year old built the theme out of play dough.

Attached: 1547356703119.jpg (1024x1016, 122K)

Yes, of course Windows XP was ugly as fuck, because Windows XP is not the current Windows. The current Windows is Windows 10, ergo Windows 10 is beautiful and all other Windows versions are ugly. When the next Windows comes out, it will be beautiful and all the other Windows will be ugly. If you don't think so, you are anti-consumer and therefore evil and sick.

Is this bait?

I was in highschool getting laid left and right
now I'm fat and old
fuck you OP made me remember

Windows 10 looks like a shit tier KDE Plasma theme with leftovers from 2000 through 7 shat all over the place. It has two settings applications, cmd for fucking DOS leftovers, like 5 different versions of PowerShell (an object oriented command line, lol). Disgusting.

>you are anti-consumer and therefore evil and sick
Horrible bait.

In a sane world, yes. In the one we live in, probably not.

Playing WC3 on a Gateway Desktop.

>Windows 10 looks like a shit tier KDE Plasma theme with leftovers from 2000 through 7 shat all over the place.
Don't talk bad about Windows 10, I'm calling the police. Stop not being a consumer.

Watching Nickelodeon

I recently installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine without paying for it. I did the same with MacOS, which is against the EULA. I'm rubbing my big fat hairy balls all over your copyright laws and shit and there's nothing you can do about it. DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS!

Shitposting about Azumanga Diaoh on ADTRW and RaspberryHeaven

How revolting. People like you all deserve to burn.

Getting shit done with a Power Mac 5400, MacOS 8.6. Posting photos from a Quicktake 150. And playing Marathon. About a year away from my iMac G5.

Attached: power-mac-5400-240.jpg (240x208, 13K)

No,it's even better, it's a schizo poster.

Reply with "based schizo poster" for a year of waifus and instant compiling.

see

became a ravefag
used winamp visualization plugins to generate strobe lights with multiple CRTs in our apartment
Bet you can't do that with LCDs

Wrong. Remember how when I first installed Hardy Heron I was blown away by its usability and how it detected all fucking drivers ootb. Even for my touchpad which had always caused Trouble in Windows.

Playing toontown

OOH shit i just convinced my mother to let me install unreal tournament GOTY edition on my pentium 3 computer. The game box also included unreal gold and the unreal mission pack. Id imagine playing those games at such a young age developed my spatial awareness pretty well compared to my peers (and adults since id molest fools). I think sometime later me dad installed linux where i played Tux racer and other little goodies.

Goddamn if only my parents sit me down and taught me shit properly instead of the moronic thing of constantly moving; went to 6 primary schools in two states. The ability to pwn n00bz is cool, however, grinding to learn the foundations and fundamentals properly as an adult aint that cool. As i feel retarded, i know im retarded and i know ill be retardeder if i dont try to learn shit, man. I hope i wont make the same mistakes.
pic unrelated tldr op is a faggot

Attached: Body+improv_bacfe7_6991455.jpg (1200x1163, 194K)

I did but they eventually got dead pixels/burnt so I just scrapped it

i was 6 ,preparing myself mentally for school.

Is this the nostalgia thread? I'm ready.

Attached: 1551207015214.jpg (1920x1080, 666K)

Fuck off, wintoddler.

t. seething mactoddler

Good one, winjeet. Go play with a video toy.

t. seething mactoddler

Playing MAME32 on the glorious windows 95 because family couldn't afford any home entertainment system at that time.

t. seething mactoddler

Guys, stop it. Have fun!

Good one, winjeet. Go play with a video toy.

I usually wait until there's a service pack or two before jumping on microsoft's latest OS but 95 in 2003?

I WILL AND I WILL HAVE FUN, I WILL ENJOY IT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

t. seething mactoddler

actually no, I have a really nice PC I had custom built, everything amazing on it, but for some reason GTA 5 wont run on it.

Needs more Windows.

windows 10 home, just got the dark mode, so happy.

I would have been in 5th grade back in May of 2003. Probably stressing out about the end of year exams, I always had problems with math, my 5th grade math teacher Mr. Castro was a real asshole, I think he was Nicaragua or something. Playing Wind Waker and or Ace Combat 4. On weekends I would rent two movies and a game and listen to Art Bell. Plus watching toonani and adult swim, Gundam 0080 and 0083 were still on the air. I was about to take a family vacation to Cancun as soon as school ends. In December (6th grade) I would have discovered that I was gay when I masterbated to a Calvin Klein ad on my first own personal desktop computer, a shity old emachines one.

DUDE! Epic!

Just got rid of my Win 95 machine and got a Pentium 4 machine with XP

I KNOW RIGHT?!

Post your battlestations

Attached: PC Room.jpg (1280x960, 165K)

i left college in 2003

>that Guinness World Records book
oh shit I'm feeling it

>In 2001 I got a used O2 for $40.

Nice LARP there

I will never forget the first computer lesson in the state school
That the teacher explained how to download a video card

People were giving them away for free after Windows NT boxes started replacing all the more expensive Unix workstations. A lot of them were simply thrown out.

Tell me about it. I used to ask for the latest edition every year for Christmas.

>tfw staying up late laying in bed at Grandma's place Christmas eve reading the latest one

Attached: 1385575894568.gif (250x139, 468K)

Eh

It's my dad PC so it probably had something to do with his work environment still uses 95 and i really love the sound it made when it started up. But generally speaking my country was lagging behind as hell in every aspect before some investor introduce us to the wonder of broadband connection around 2007, ever since then we've been catching up with the rest of the world.

My book fair was better than your book fair

Attached: file.png (500x375, 490K)

just upgraded from dial up to wifi
playing ultima online all day and preparing for secondary school

Attached: 1551023095827.png (361x363, 200K)

Playing C&C Generals on the family Compaq

Playing outside in the dirt, totally unaware of anything related to computers or even internet

Attached: hamnd art.png (2180x1557, 444K)

Playing NWN, UT99, and Starcraft.

Attached: 1544671317673.png (512x512, 231K)