Pavlov's Phone

>phone starts ringing
>immediately put in a shit mood
When my cell rings it's either robospam or boomer family members who are too impatient to be left on read for more than two minutes. I think years of this has actually conditioned a negative pavlovian response into my psyche. Fuck phone calls, they should've been left in the late 00s where they were last relevant as a communication medium.

Attached: ringingcell.jpg (852x480, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think your problem might be that you have an unhealthy relationship with codependent family members that do not respect your autonomy or personal space

i dont think this has anything to do with phone calls

Same thing happens to me with my work phone. Hearing my ringtone or the hangouts sound effect puts me in a bad mood

Take a break from them, bro.
If you cant make yourself to turn it off, do what I did.
I once didnt pay phone bill for 3 months so they disconnected me untill I paid. Had a few weeks break.
Shit was cash.

the only reason you did that was because youre a broke bitch and couldnt afford the bill.

It's the fault of your family, to be fair, not of the phone. I have the same thing though.
On the other hand if being rude to family members wasn't an issue even taking the calls would be fine. Not answering isn't really a solution.

stop answering it. thats what I did.

make your answering machine message say "I dont answer my phone so leave a message or send a text". problem solved

>on read
oh i had to look this up, yeah, you're definitely dealing with codependent family members that see facebook and imessage's 'read message' functionality as a window into your personal life that didn't use to be there, and enroach on that boundary because they don't respect that you might have something more pertinent to be doing than giving them attention

Same fucking kill me

Attached: 1303132798983.png (163x170, 46K)

I have the same exact shit only in my case I am in a shit mood when I get more then 3 messages in 10 seconds because I know my family is having a stroke again. And while it's a Pavlovian response it's mostly just what said. Unhealthy codependent family.

I remember getting a ton of anxiety whenever my wake up alarm started ringing
sometimes I'd just stay awake a few minutes before and stare into the ceiling hoping it just wouldn't ring and I could go back to sleep

Jow Forums - Mental Disorders

Phone calls and alarm tones. Both hurt muh emotions and I get #triggered with le PTSD
But yeah, it's totally my fault. If I had my shit together all of these things would excite me, if not just give me a neutral response.

Talk to your family about it, if they can't deal with it cut them out of your life. That's the only option you have.

just answer it and stop being a faggot

Send them to fuck off
Easy as that

Damn i feel the same. Im starting to feel the same with the messenger ding because i know it'll be my gf sending me something "cute" which is actually retarded

I love when my phones rings because every once in a while it's a pajeet tryong to convince me that my Windows license is about to expire or some shit. They're fun to fuck with, technobabble your way up to the manager, then tell him you run Linux and to fuck himself. Loving every laugh!

I think that's entirely normal, unless you're one of those weird morning people. I recently heard a track I used as an alarm maybe 10 years ago and immediately got really anxious.

my phone is on silent when I'm sleeping and on vibrate when I'm awake. I don't need it screeching in my face and I don't need my ass to tighten up when I'm taking a dump because I hear my phone ringing in the other room. No call, I repeat, no call is ever THAT important. Prioritize your peace of mind

Gas yourself.

>robospam
Lmao, I assume you're a burger, cucked again by your incompetent government (and no it was incompetent long before trump appeared).

>No call, I repeat, no call is ever THAT important
This. In general nothing is worth more than your mental health. Especially not your job or your family.

I don't answer it unless it's a planned call or someone I call often. Period.
Telemarketers, government goons and other nosy fuckers can suck it.

Spoken like a true wagie.

regarding robocalls, do your providers not have private numbers that the law protects from being sold/given to pajeet companies?

ive never in my life gotten a robocall/telemarketer with a private number

Attached: 171010-anne-frank-face-tattoo-index.jpg (2000x1334, 370K)

Get friends
Leave behind uselss boomer family
Have sex

Are you clinically retarded or can you just not read? But nice cope kiddo.

When I was in the Gendarmerie, we were given some smartphones. They would call us on those when we had to intervene for stuff like drunken couple beating each other, car accidents, and even for some fucking cattle escaping. So yeah, sometimes I would get a call at 3am, get up and run after a fucking cow and put it back in its pasture to make sure it doesn't cause any accident.
It was a generic ringtone and I never bothered to change it.
Now everytime I hear this shitty ringtone, I get literal PTSD from that time.

I suffer from the same reaction. I've developed this pavlovian reaction that whenever the phone rings or any notification sounds, I get angry. I've had impulses to throw the phone, smash it etc. Currently I keep the damn thing completely off and live as a hermit.

>get a call from a number i dont know or a number my phone flags as a suspected spammer
>don't even hit the reject button
>just let the bot/person have to sit and wait till my phone is done ringing

it's the only way i can think of to making their job worse or less productive by having to waste time waiting till the last ring.

Doesn't the new Android os have some sort of screening against robocalls? Of course, >botnet.
As for the boomer parents, tell them that each time they call you they make the chances you get to talk to them less special, like masturbation.

This desu ne. My family has added me to their shitty text group. It's four messages maximum of relevant shit about meetups, and then fifty reaction gifs back and forth between them, blowing my phone up every 2 fucking seconds and sometimes three at a time.

Kill me.

I get a panic attack every time my phone rings because this is my ringtone:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Twilio changed everything

>Not setting up a complex auto answering and call routing system with twilio to filter out bots
It's like you aren't even trying.

Then change it to something less anxy, you sperglord.

>parents spam-add every family member in their contact list when they want to start a group chat with relatives
>get added to boomer banter central for literally no reason
>phone starts buzzing every two seconds while I'm in a fucking lecture
>switch phone to silent
>forget I switched phone to silent
>one of my parents inevitably tries to call me
>don't notice the three missed calls and twenty texts from my neurotic mother until like three hours later
>call and get chewed out over the phone for not picking up earlier
This has happened like a dozen times over the past year and I'm starting to develop a grouchy-retiree-tier hatred for mobile phones because of it.

Lol, this.
Have that same silent setting problem
Don't forget to mute groups for greater good

It's all about experience and association I guess. Back in 2011 I worked for a text message service from home as a common data entry drone, and we would communicate with our coworkers and managers via MSN messenger. If I ever fucked up I'd get a surprise message from my asshole, condescending prick of a manager and as a result I ended up having micro panic attacks any time I would hear the MSN chime.

Attached: I have mouth and I scream.jpg (493x637, 88K)