AMD wins

AMD wins

Attached: 1552716517538.png (1094x800, 571K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f737/39165cb1895e49b859401b3579469da5e51c.pdf
wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
thumbsticks.com/are-amd-ryzen-apus-video-game-console-killers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Blu-ray 8k
Ironic.

Attached: 1542346425311.jpg (2560x1440, 335K)

>raytracing on a console
lol

ASS ASS DEE???
THREEE DEEEE AUDIOOOOOOOO????

Attached: 1541507021630.png (632x756, 26K)

faster than current PC NVMe's

>up to 8k support
You mean like every single GPU since like 2012?

This is so filled with buzzwords and misleading marketing to wow retards it's hilarious, you should go back to /v/ though because it will only get a laugh here.

here's your (You)

Attached: 1552932424487.jpg (676x485, 104K)

Meanwhile AMD cpus still can't play 4k Blu-rays due to intel SGX.

Thanks Nvidia for forcing ray tracing generations before we have hardware powerful enough

Are you legitimately retarded? Any GPU that supports HDMI 2.0 can output "up to" 8k or even more if you sacrifice FPS.

this is stupid as fuck. Microsoft made DXR.

>still pretending to not understand the claim

The claim is literally that, any GPU can output up to 8k and the PS5 won't be any faster than mainstream GPUs so it's just misleading marketing for bideo gaems children.

PS5 rumor specs:

>ryzen 3700x
>navi 5800 (equivalent to a 2080)
>1 tb SSD
>12gb VRAM
>16gb RAM

Attached: _thumb_a204543d-3383-4980-8ec0-ec090b1bc94b.jpg (271x420, 48K)

>yet again pretending to be retarded

8K, but only for videos and PS1/PS2 games

Based sony

What are you even trying to say? Is the punchline here that you were pretending to be retarded?

Better than your switch S.o.y boy

honestly, end of year 2020/2021 this doesn't sound too crazy

All that computing power, and games will still run at 30 fps, if that.

>exposed clavicle
This is a blue board.

3D audio is a gimmick
Blu-ray limited to 1080p just like PS4

Try harder Sony marketing.

i can smell your tranny sweat from here

Attached: sonyface.jpg (960x720, 133K)

Bad time to be building a PC if new consoles are gonna come out and ramp up the system requirements for new video game releases. Even if you match the console specs the game will usually run worse on PC due to optimization.

Attached: 1549313622571.jpg (480x480, 49K)

consoles have unified ram retarded brainlet

Not for $500 it won’t be

just buy a switch, goyjin

All reports say PS5 will have like 4GB of DDR4 in addition to the 16-24GB of vram

>3D audio is a gimmick
except it isn't. ray traced 3d positioned audio bounching around like irl

Consoles are more and more just glorified PCs and I think Lisa said that the new GPU architecture will unify PC and console APIs.

>consoles have unified ram retarded brainlet
It was just a choice they went with due to the jaguar
It's not a rule set in stone, in fact, before announcement the current gen consoles were rumored to have separate ram and vram, which is the better setup
If they're using Zen 2 then they WILL have it

they have superior architecture now

Does it support 4k Blu Ray or only regular Blu Ray?

What do you even mean by that? AMD already directly said the new GPU architecture is for unifying APIs between platforms, can you speak in anything other than corporate buzzwords?

> soldered SSD
Nah, I'll pass.

>implying you can even afford it
cope more, poorfag

Attached: 1542619657242.png (990x682, 580K)

>sony conference
>chink on charge takes the stage
>900 dollarruuuu
>crickets
>mfw

Attached: 1555627178452.jpg (461x453, 43K)

>soldered
wrong.

>> soldered SSD
Nothing says that user

>imagine having to make shit like this up to COPE

I think 16GB of RAM is indeed a reasonable prediction, but if it's accurate, it would represent one of the smallest leaps in memory between generations - maybe the smallest.

>Eighth gen (X1 and PS4) - 16x increase in memory (512MB to 8GB), 7 or 8 years after previous gen (for PS and Xbox respectively)
>Seventh gen (X360 and PS3) - 8x increase in memory for Xbox (64MB to 512MB), 16x increase in memory for PS (32MB to 512MB), 4 or 6 years after previous gen (for Xbox and PS respectively)

If we go to just 16GB for the next gen, that's only a 2x increase, and it should be 7 years after the previous gen (since they're expected next year).
Even if they did have 32GB (which I think is unlikely), that's still only a 4x increase, which is smaller than the increases of the previous two gens.

It has surfaced before in another leak. Would like it to be wrong, but considering it's a killer feature, Sony may want to unify the experience so people won't install subpar SSDs.

>24GB ram
what the fuck, why? for 8k?

INTEL POZZED HOUSEFIRES BTFO

>Not for $500 it won’t be

yea sure, let's see:
>ryzen 3700x
80$ for sony next year tops
>navi 5800
200$
>1tb SSD
25$
>12gb vram
incl. in the navi
>16gb ram
30$

total: 335-350$ production cost, 400$ with case and manufacturing costs

Hell they don't even need to sell at a loss

Attached: 79966-0-1478248518.jpg (1920x1080, 647K)

>3D audio is a gimmick
>he doesn't know about HRTF
lol

>SSD
The PS3 supports this, why is this even mentioned as a selling point in current year?

>3D audio
???

Attached: 1544052778646.jpg (960x953, 127K)

>The PS3 supports this
it has more to do with the bandwidth between the CPU and the SSD you retard. PS3 doesn't really benefit from an SSD. they have something faster than current NVMe's on pc.

D audio
>???
look it up, brainlet.

>A Scalable System for 3D Audio Ray Tracing
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f737/39165cb1895e49b859401b3579469da5e51c.pdf

That sounds very impressive but I can't see how they could sell this at a reasonable price point.
Nigga can't you see the difference? PS3 games were created with an HDD in mind, so the games had to suffer from that. Sony gave a good example with the spider Man game on PS4

Why can't Sony into managing a single pool of memory? What's the benefit of having two separate pool of memory for games and for os?

It's not just having an SSD but having a much higher bandwidth interface / bus / whatever.

Mark Cerny, some dude from Sony, spoke about this in his interview with Wired. And there is this demo Sony keep doing (mentioned in the Wired interview) where they show the PS4's Spider-Man game running on next gen hardware, and you're able to travel through the city way faster, because you can stream stuff off the SSD way quicker than on a PS4.

wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

It's going to be $500

It's literally just PCIe 4 you moron.

Maybe to make sure the system always runs smooth, regardless of what the developer decides to do with the game. There were a few 360 games where the menu tanked hard during certain scenes.
Or maybe it's a security thing? I don't know, but regardless, 4gb seems quite a lot for only the OS

If that shit is under $800 and they find a way to hack it to double boot a desktop OS, I'll get it at an instant to use as my main computer.
Sounds comfy as fuck, booting normally to game casually, and booting into a desktop OS to get some work done.

and where in your PC do you have that?

Even desktop PCs have faster RAM for the GPU, user.

>THE PS3 CAN DO THIS!
>No actually it can't, because it's the interface that will be important here, not just the use of an SSD
>YEAH WELL THAT INTERFACE MAY BE AN INTERFACE THAT WILL BE USED IN OTHER FORMS OF TECHNOLOGY AS WELL, AND THEREFORE, ACCORDING TO MY ARBITRARY AUTISM RULES, IT DOESN'T COUNT
You're an absolute fucking moron aren't you?

Attached: brainlet5.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

Literally all mobos will be supporting it with Ryzen 3 and consumer 4.0 NVMe SSDs already exist, Sony is literally doing nothing but shilling for newer interfaces that are or will be mainstream in a couple of years.

>announcement:
8K !!!
ray-tracing !!!
>reality
another generation of 30fps@900p

But every generation you get a wave of new suckers, so there isn't even a point of arguing.
You just have to endure the few months of delusional shitposting where a bunch of idiots think they will get a super computer for 500$ "but this time for real, not like the last gen"

Attached: 1546554094882.jpg (492x449, 25K)

Also the increased bandwidth only makes the SSD faster if it's about 1TB or above, it's just Sony playing the "up to" game again while conveniently ignoring the interfaces will never reach that limit, how people fall for this marketing talk over and over is beyond me.

You forgot:
>hrdware TPM-based DRM for all software

The original point was "HURR DURR THE PS3 CAN DO THIS" which is factually false, and now you're trying to change the subject to an entirely different point that was never contested because you're such a fucking brainlet.

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Even with the current gen you get more horsepower in a console than you do in an equivalently-priced PC.

Xbox One S: £200
Ryzen 3 2200G PC: At least £300 (just using the iGPU)

And the iGPU of the 2200G, while impressive, is slightly less powerful than that found in the Xbox One S (1.4 TFLOPS vs. 1.12 TFLOPS).

Source: thumbsticks.com/are-amd-ryzen-apus-video-game-console-killers/

cute

I never mentioned the PS3 and the guy that did isn't even wrong either, the PS3 did support SSDs and the replies he got were utterly moronic shit like "the PS3 doesn't benefit from SSDs" and "PS3 games were created with an HDD in mind", what are these clueless idiots even doing here instead of going back to /v/?

>will run on freebsd
into the trash

>8K
Mega meme.

t. Netcraft

It's quite genius actually.
They're gonna remaster a bunch of PS1 games by slapping ray tracing on top like that Quake 2 RTX version and sell them to the plebs for $60 plus tip.

He is wrong because the SSD itself isn't the whole point, the whole point is the high speed interface with the SSD.

You really are a fucking brainlet.

Sony consoles have been BSD-based since the PS3, Xbox is Windows-based and the Switch is a hodgepodge of Linux and FreeBSD elements.

Both OP's pic and his point are plain "SSD" and you are trying to change the actual point as if we couldn't just read the posts by ourselves, the faster bandwidth is also less relevant than you think.

RTX didn't sell great but they brainwashed the industry all the same. Fucking hell

the nextbox will be better from what i've been reading online

>3D audio is a gimmick
hi /v/edditor brainlet, read this pdf:

Listen faggot, you're retarded, that's all. The PS5 will not render anything at 8K. We can bet on it if you want, if you lose you actually have to kill yourself.

>>navi 5800 (equivalent to a 2080)
Yeah, sure.

Attached: 1496419347373.png (653x726, 95K)

PS uses a hybrid ARM design with the ARM chipset handling the interface elements, no reason they can't do media playback off it too.

>being this mad and too stupid to get it

Yeah, no nigger. All soiboys are also Nintendrones.

>equivalent to a 2080

Attached: 1553272407878s.jpg (117x125, 3K)

Official announcement?
Link?

I'm not mad, i just want you to die.

Everyone, look at this r*dditor, look at him, let's laugh at this idiot, not only he gets all the prices wrong but he also forgets about the power supply, the blu ray player, the cooling system (aluminum/copper) and of course all the miscellaneous chips and I/O.

If you think the next PS is going to have high end PC specs and it's going to cost less than 600$ you're very dumb.

8k menu's LOL

It will be mid-tier at best when it comes out, I don't know why people are somehow thinking a console won't be a budget shitbox THIS time when they literally always hype it up as the second coming of jesus christ, why are there so many underage /v/ tourists here?

I didn't say you get the same or better hardware for the same price.
The point was that the hype before a new console comes out never turns into what was promised before its release.
Yeah you get pretty good hardware 'for that money', but it still sucks, if the hype tries to make people believe, that they will game with 60fps at 4k in 2020, when in reality those promises NEVER hold up and it should be so obvious if people just look at previous releases and how many AAA games ultimately performed.

OK my realistic specs are:

>Mid Range Navi (6.5 - 7.5 Tflops) Based APU with 2nd Gen Ryzen 6 core 12 thread CPU at 3.0-3.5 Ghz.

>1440p/60fps on some multiplayer games and 30 fps on single player games, 4k/60fps on certain games, maybe sony exclusives only like god of war, gran turismo and naughty dog games.Hopefully no dynamic resolution BS this time.

>8k video playback, maybe games will use AMD version of raytracing Radeon Rays.

>Space for maybe 3 SSD's/HDD's

>Better cooling than the Xbox One X

Even if they only went with the old GCN based GPU from their current PS4 just with Zen cores it would be a huge upgrade since all new gen consoles are CPU bottlenecked as fuck.

It's probably gonna be some fairly simple games that don't put much stress on hardware aside from the RT(i.e. official raytracing mods for older games like ) but they're gonna be there

A 1070 TI will be good for at least 5 more years

If it is expensive enough and comes out soon enough(While the hardware they are going with is still fresh) it might match mid-high end PC's because of how bloated Windblows is, on consoles they always manage to squeeze out more performance with platform specific optimizations.

That hasn't been true for like 10 years and the disparity in performance between the PS3 and PC was because of the weirdass Cell architecture that needed a complete rewrite on PC, which led to poorly optimized games.
Nowadays console hardware is worth as much as PC hardware, there's no real "squeezing" going on.

not gonna lie, would rebuy vagrant story and more.

>8k
Yeah, something tells me this is going to be like the PS3's full hd. Technically possible, but you won't see any games using it.

>$399
would buy