Let's be honest...

Let's be honest, no real "professional" is going to buy this thing when they could get a proper workstation with the same specs for a quarter of the price

Attached: gettyimages-1153486593.jpg (1024x723, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itcreations.com/workstation-hp/HP-Z8-G4-Workstation.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the same specs
>for a quarter of the price
More like significantly better specs with room to spare

Apple designed this thing as if it's 2006 and everyone still uses Final Cut Pro.

gonna be a huge success in the music production and graphic art industries

lets be honest the people who will buy this arent going to read Jow Forums and try to build their own workstation.

>better specs than the latest Xeon W.

Attached: myimage.png (732x495, 76K)

At least in european heavy metal oriented studios, pipeline has gone full windows/cubase since 2014ish.

This. Comic artists and people like Hans Zimmer will be the first to buy these.

if a studio works with mac software, they will buy it regardless of price.
the main take away is that no one cares what fag gamers think

Apple's been too busy killing off their Pro "apps" or neutering them for (((creators))) to bother any more.

I used to use Aperture in my work but they just dropped it with no reason given. So I dropped Apple.

thats probably because metal music doesn't sell for shit, studios making actual money use Logic/Pro tools

why is intel so expensive

They make all their money off iPhone. Shit like this is just free publicly.
And it obviously works, judging from Jow Forums today.

They will buy because everyone literally worships apple. Watch ANY computerphile video, they use fucking macs everywhere in academia. Every single silicon valley tech company uses macs for everything. They don't need it at all, it's just a status symbol.

>but all the best baltic folk-hop artists on bandcamp don't use it!
hell yeah bro appletards BTFO this thing is 100% DOA

Attached: 1559087053026.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Why is apple so expensive?

>Every single silicon valley tech company uses macs for everything.
That's because of history. Silicon valley ran on Sun/Sparcs (amazon, yahoo, netscape all ran expensive $20k dollar workstations and servers, but Sun never really got into laptops (tadpoles, rdr's were stilll $15k and huge) But here comes apple with a laptop that ran certified UNIX. Holy shit! portable UNIX is here! Linux sucked on laptops then because drivers were horrible; especially wifi drivers. Word got around how great the macbook was and the rest is history. Silicon valley was never Microsoft Territory.

israel

your missing his point tho which, regardless of music genre, is near all actual 'Pro' users have swapped platform since Apple abandoned them years back. Graphic Designers and shit, maybe can swap whatever machine they are running their rented Adobe crap on. 3d, video audio - they have a production pipeline, one in which Macs no longer feature. ACTUAL Pros can't drop $12k (on a 'basic' setup) and hope, the'll maybe get Premiere working on it, eventually. One day

check this high IQ Jow Forums play:
>rich companies running tax scams buy a handful of them to get that tasty amortization write offs

rate

Attached: 1297309396143.jpg (719x720, 51K)

Sun design was dope.

When did Premiere become PRO?
Last time I used Premiere it was wedding event videographers who used that POS.
Real editing is done on AVID.

why is he praying

There are plenty of companies and people willing to spend $6000 on a workstation computer. You think the people who create jobs know anything about computers? That's grunt work.

>get audited
BTFO

jacob collier uses logic and crashes his iMac pro with 128GB ram constantly recording smooth jazz

I decided to go fuck around on HP's site and configure a build-to-order Z8 with the same vague base specification to see if it was cheaper, I didn't even bother finishing it because I surpassed $7,000 right off the bat trying to find an equivalent processor, the Xeon Gold 6144 seemed the closest with a little less cache and a little higher boost frequency. The remaining base configuration is 8 GB memory, 500 GB spinning rust and a Quadro P400.

But a closer competitor to the Pro in raw hardware specs is probably the single-socket Z4 which has also been refreshed with Xeon Ws, however they don't offer the same model used in the base Pro, the only 8-core W is the 2145 with considerably less cache but higher frequencies, it's also far cheaper than the 6144. The base Z4 with a W-2145, 8 GB memory, 1 TB spinning rust and a Quadro P2000 is $4,458. Upgrade the memory to 32 GB to match the alleged base spec of the Mac Pro and that price increases to $5,268; swap out the spinning rust for a 256 GB M.2 SSD and we hit $5,392, getting a proper graphics card requires bumping up the price by around $30 to get a 750 W power supply, after which I really don't know shit about the current Radeon Pro options so I'm not sure what the closest would be, I picked the WX 7100.

All of that ends up at a system costing $6,219. You're probably not going to find rates that different from Dell or Lenovo, either.

It's an extravagant purchase no consumer should bother with as a new product, but among workstations it's fairly average. For a mid-range single socket system it has a few impressive but mostly useless buzz-specs like the 1.5 TB memory limit. This is something you'd buy to have the fastest possible machine for applications that only run on OS X, pretty much nothing else. Fuck that awful case, too.

Attached: z8.jpg (1272x1272, 79K)

nice blog dude

Thanks, but if you had some difficulty with a post two paragraphs long I think you should seek out a different website that's more your speed. There's plenty out there to choose from, some of them even let you upvote blogs you like.

>puts effort into argument
>blog

Attached: 1506656849842.jpg (333x302, 24K)

yea I bet, did you forget your tripcode by chance?

>implying wedding event videographers ain't Pros
yeah was a (probably misplaced) example of something that is GUARANTEED not to run on a Mac Pro, either now or probably ever. 'Pros' give less of a shit what their shit runs on, just that it runs, kink-free - and Applel abandoned them long ago

Macshit is literally unusable for enterprises, period.

Attached: 1529377291616.jpg (1200x990, 504K)

Jacob Collier is a failed musician. I understand he has an excellent handle of music theory, but his compositions still fail to elicit any emotional response. His music would make for an excellent tech demo, but for casual or critical listening, his music is a disaster.

Hah, if these primal shillbot bleats and a redditor pretending a short attention span is an argument are all I'm going to get for that post I'd say I pretty clearly made my point.

Better luck next time, Vijay.

IBM found that giving employees Apple computers reduced the IT cost by $400 per employee

>a company whose business model is setting up macs for companies says "max r gud"!!
Back to your designated shitting street Rakesh.

Whoever can't see the Mac Pro in Silicon Valley VR startups is sorely nearsighted.

>*posts Windows IT pro article saying "apple bad" from 20 years ago*

brutal but true

You are paying extra for the main gimmick

Attached: o-CHEESE-GRATER-KITCHEN-TOOLS-facebook.jpg (1536x1024, 107K)

They know this.

Thing is, a shitton of companies rely (for one reason or another) on macs, and for a lot of them it doesn't make financial sense to switch to windows or whatever else. And these companies, like it or not, will end up buying those fucking 1000 bucks stands.

Those same companies are already using Windows too, nobody is ordering fleets of these things.

Let's be honest, if you're a professional, you can write this off as a business expense

mactoddlers BTFO

Attached: 1557769800749.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

> I didn't even bother finishing it because I surpassed $7,000 right off
Did you try to recreate a $6000 HP computer? Cause the awesome, crazy specs that Mac is supposed to have come with a $11,000 price tag, not $6,000. The base model costs $6,000, and it comes with 8 cores, 32GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

Attached: 1552542001601.jpg (741x1100, 148K)

...did you even read my post? What the fuck is wrong with Jow Forums nowadays?

I work in a graphic studio attached to an A&D firm and people moved on from Apple years and years ago. The software drove their hardware sales in the past and we, as well as everyone else, are already invested in software optimized for PC. And don't get me started on how hard IT would put the foot down if we asked them to manage and integrate OSX in to our network. Lmao.

>Let's be honest,

No let's really be honest, there are always people dumb enough to buy Apple products.

>Apple is shit because my IT department is lazy and incompetent

Attached: 1557881429769.png (1125x1036, 1.47M)

they make high quality components

>windows admins can't into unix based OS's
Color me surprised.

>Linux sucked on laptops then
>then

>8c 16t for $750
>also 8c 16t for $1200
pffffffffft.

stuped and rick is magnet for woman

Attached: _____.jpg (660x440, 26K)

No musician has ever needed 1.5T of ram

checked

based

based

who tf buys a pro computer that you cant even game on anyways ? just build yourself a nice gaming pc

>that nose
I should have known...

How big is the market for this anyway? What kind of work needs those level of specs?

>hans zimmer going anywhere near prosumer shit
top kek. He has $100k specialized hardware at his fingertips

>this is what delusional iToddlers actually believe
Nobody except basement dwelling "producers" use macshit.

Attached: 1551072186730.png (643x658, 295K)

Fucking hiroshimoot, that's not the pic I uploaded.

Attached: 1546584953166.png (905x673, 714K)

Actual professionals usually don't have a choice. And some retarded manager will buy this crap because he fell for applel marketing and thinks professionals want it.

>win7 with aero
based

>so i can't afford premium industry-standard monitors for content creation
what's wrong? if you're working at a large firm, surely spending thousands of dollars on display is nothing
it's not like you're editing vlogs in your moms basement, right user?

Attached: 1559656277948.png (710x375, 240K)

I challenge anyone to post a build with the same or better specs than the new mac for a lesser price.

Won't be hard since Zen 2 will launch before the pro does. Also won't be hard to have better cooling than a cheese grater.

>Silicon valley was never Microsoft Territory
What has ever been microsoft territory? All their big deployments have failed spectacularly. The London stock exchange fiasco, to name one. Azure runs Linux. Nothing M$ ever does succeeds, except Office. Zune. Universal Apps. At least google scraps only 95% of their projects, but M$ scraps 100% of them.

Its not about good specs user, its about good specs with OSX.

Attached: timcook_explain.jpg (840x560, 57K)

My two macs cannot browse my SMB shares reliably. Sure it works sometimes, but not always. Automatic refresh does not work well, and there's no forced refresh on the mac. I have to disconnect/reconnect from the share for some more 30 working minutes. If I had open files, it would be a pain in the ass to disconnect the share. Permissions are sketchy. It just doesn't work. Multiply my problem(s) by 100 employees, I understand IT doesn't want Macs near any SMB/NFS LAN.

That said, I have been avoidinw win7/10 for years now. I run the server versions to get less fluff and stupidity. But the forced move to the cloud is going to be the last straw. Also, mark my words, M$ *will* do a unix compatibility layer for windows. Windows is doomed when it's running only legacy shit. Apple has seen the opportunity of being privacy's paladin, and as a consequence has been printing money since jobs died. Apple will also see the "Personal Computer" opportunity and grab it. Don't want to use cloud shit? We at apple understand. Come and buy our hardware. Apple will become richer than the US before any other company can react.

>I decided to go fuck around on HP's site
Wrong way to go about this. Those are the sucker prices. Try again with IT Creations.

itcreations.com/workstation-hp/HP-Z8-G4-Workstation.asp

is it true that these shitboxes have fucking DDR3 from 2009?

>Every single silicon valley tech company uses macs for everything.
Well, that is a lie.

>music production
why?

Attached: 060.jpg (953x730, 62K)

I'm gonna join in on the unsubstantiated bullshit and say yes.

Ddr3 has tighter timings than ddr4

ez
If you wanted to waste some more money you could throw in like 3 1TB 970 Pros and maybe some Noctua case fans.

Attached: Untitled.png (1116x171, 12K)

They'd get sued if they tried that shit in the EU now. They have to honor a 5+ year repair commitment or replacement.

And the latency is still the same.

>they use fucking macs everywhere in academia
I don't think that's universally true.
I work at a German university and macs are a rarity, at least in physics and robotics.
The most prevalent OS for work is Linux and the most prevalent OS for accounting is Windows.

professionals don't buy workstations - their bosses do.

is it true it only comes with 2x USB-C 2x USB-A and 2x RJ45? A bit sparse in terms of i/o. Also I don't think I'd ever go back to non redundant PSU and it doesn't seem to have a seperate ethernet port for management.
I like the basic design though, I hope you don't have to unplug everything to open it up. But then again you can't open it up under your desk anyway so you don't even need a chassis intrusion switch.
Unless you think you really want a mac, why bother with this overpriced thing instead of a Supermicro or Precision tower?

What was this supposed to mean?

Attached: black_george.png (640x640, 545K)

based

They are milking the stupid millennials. They are actually making god`s work user.

>L3
>40mb for 28 cores
embarrassing

Apple themselves don't even use final cut pro. Their job postings ask for protools and premier experience.

I believe the base model Mac pro is kinda price competitive, it only gets overpriced once you go to the higher spec models. That being said studios that used Mac pros back in 2013 moved onto other things since apple hasnt updated them in ages, they only updated them now since their iPhone sales hasn't been satisfactory.

How much to build similar to mine? I think my whole system is $4k.

Attached: Capture ryzen.png (730x526, 42K)

Consumer gayming shit. You people simply don't get it

OH NO NO NO NO

Reminder that even apple internally prefers tools from companies like Adobe, rather than using their own.

People will still buy these Mac pros though, if for example, it's a business write-off and a way to spend company cash without paying themselves directly (and paying taxes). I know plenty of business owners that happily drop serious money on overpriced cars and computers because the more they spend with company money, the less taxes they pay, and the smaller their paycheck can be. (Btw, Steve jobs was the king of this bullshit. "I only get $1 a year cuz I'm just a great guy" bullshit, he only paid himself a dollar a year because it meant he had no taxes)

>Threadripper
>1070

>W I N D O W S 8

I would say go back to Plebbit but I'm pretty sure even they wouldn't welcome you there.

How embarrassing. Final Cut used to be some of the best video editing software on the market and they botched FCPX. No Color, not backwards compatible with old projects, and took forever just to get all the codecs FCP7 had. What the fuck were they thinking

Attached: fcp7.png (936x702, 145K)

because the professional is going to show up to work one day to be greeted by one of these, having never been consulted. some VP probably saw one of these in forbes and decided they would look good in the office, so upper management scrambled to get some in without ever talking to the teams.

not surprised, everyone in this company is a retard

Hackintosh