How much ram are you using right now?

Jayden Hill
Jayden Hill

How much ram is in your personal system and how much of it are you using for stuff?

Attached: 1566626698246.jpg (38 KB, 300x250)

Grayson Jones
Grayson Jones

1.3 GiB / 7.7 GiB
Firefox is using 300+M and latte-dock is using 147 M.
I get firefox but why the fuck does latte use so much RAM?

Attached: harold.jpg (15 KB, 525x296)

Easton Jackson
Easton Jackson

Attached: 4u.png (25 KB, 760x151)

Luke Brown
Luke Brown

10/24

Asher Gray
Asher Gray

this mine currently :/ Stuff always gets laggy on full load like this

Attached: ram-use.jpg (111 KB, 1173x668)

Josiah Hall
Josiah Hall

32.2GiB/32GiB
No idea how I have more than what I actually have. Somehow my SSD is holding 20 GiB of memory too that’s not part of my normal files. How does it increase and decrease so much?

Michael Price
Michael Price

2048mb in my libre trashpad and firefox eats most of it like the flaming pile of shit it is. I fell for the devuan meme and am currently too lazy to just switch because lazy and devuan is missing both an actual package for qutebrowser and several dependencies, so going the manual route just isn't worth it.
I could go up to 3072 usable, but since the only problem i'm having is a bloated pile of botnet shit browser, I see no reason. Will probably go back to parabola when I get a chance.

With qutebrowser and a couple tabs open I'm using maybe 300-400mb depending on what they are(know this bc used void before libreboot - too lazy to figure out how to configure grub to boot it fully encrypted) With no applications open, just the WM(i3-gaps) memory footprint is ~100mb.

Julian Lee
Julian Lee

More than half is available (4GB total)

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

Attached: ram.png (2 KB, 116x23)

Julian Anderson
Julian Anderson

Using Discord and visual studio code.
Ive only seen it run OOM one time runing vscode + 16 threads of compilation + Discord + youtube videos.

Attached: rustBadLang.png (4 KB, 305x32)

Blake Gomez
Blake Gomez

I don’t get it. Why does YouTube take up so much ram, but streaming takes up more data?

Cameron Taylor
Cameron Taylor

it shouldnt use that much, youtube compresses the hosted videos to hell lol

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

It apparently does because my ram always tops out and I’m sure it’s the hundreds of YouTube tabs I have open and not the thousands of Jow Forums tabs.

Connor King
Connor King

1.8/15.7 GiB
Firefox+Plasma

Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes

Some games I play, like Total Warhammer 2 or Rust use about ~9 to 11GB of memory. I've had Rust use 12 before. Combined with my browser using 1 to 1.5 and everything else, it adds up.

Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez

Ubungaaa 1.5/7.7GB at startup and idle. Is that even normal. When I used windows 8.1 it is around surpass 950mb

Ayden Nguyen
Ayden Nguyen

4GB.
4GB.
It's not as bad as it sounds. It's not a beefy machine, and my swap is on an SSD.

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (61 KB, 413x395)

Gabriel Phillips
Gabriel Phillips

This makes me wonder, why can’t there be portable ram sticks if hard drives can be external?

Justin Moore
Justin Moore

8/32G

Most of my VMs that I usually run are off

Caleb Campbell
Caleb Campbell

There are some pretty hard limits on track lengths because of the speed and risk of interference.

Asher Brooks
Asher Brooks

Because the memory controller is on the die. System memory is far, far, far more intensive than storage.

Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore

---------------

quindows 10 I got 12:32. SMOKE EM IF YOU GOTTEM FAGGOT FUCK LINUX HAHAHAHAHA

Austin Rogers
Austin Rogers

How much ram is in your personal system
4GB
and how much of it are you using for stuff?
All of it, all the time.

Attached: miserable-pepe.jpg (25 KB, 390x376)

Connor Peterson
Connor Peterson

about 1.6Gi my dude

Henry Ramirez
Henry Ramirez

Attached: atemyram.png (60 KB, 771x411)

Andrew Clark
Andrew Clark

my swap is on an SSD
That's a joke, r-right?

Alexander Stewart
Alexander Stewart

even needing swap or a pagefile

Joshua James
Joshua James

RAM's a weird thing. You want your programs to use as much of it as possible because unused RAM is wasted RAM. But programs aren't as elegant at giving back RAM they don't REALLY need as people try to convince you they are. Especially browsers. So even though it shouldn't be that way, it ends up that there's this "amount of RAM you need to have or else your computer is shit" area.

Cooper Russell
Cooper Russell

360Mi/16Gi

Jason Parker
Jason Parker

1/20th of my 16GB. KDE is truly based.

Attached: animegirl.gif (1011 KB, 500x281)

Luis Brown
Luis Brown

2 gigs, using 1.3

Liam Fisher
Liam Fisher

1.64G/31.3G Just shitposting here and updating shit on steam

Jackson Ramirez
Jackson Ramirez

No, when my total commit is 11.3GB.

Sebastian Morgan
Sebastian Morgan

Currently on my Dankpad.

982MB out of 10G

i3 + Pale Moon is blessed.

Jonathan Sanders
Jonathan Sanders

what you see here, ive really in the past have been trying to reach full ram utilization bu i rarely go over 5 ma with millions of tabs of shit open

i love this machine and it will last me for at least 2 more yaers

Attached: Screenshot-from-2019-09-14-12-15-42.png (266 KB, 1366x768)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit