Anti-mac Jow Forums

I often see a lot of hate for macs, or apple in general. As if one should be ashamed to use an apple product. The company I work for requires that we use them, and I'm perfectly happy using it, simply for convenience. It does the fucking job, albeit without much room for upgradability/repairability. So what is it? The cost, the brand, the hardware, software? It saves me time and, regardless of how much I dislike the brand/cult of apple/aesthetics bullshit, it works. So what's with the hate?

Attached: Mac.jpg (864x648, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0
apple.com/diversity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>macshit
>work
Good joke.

For developers? Have you had a job?

Mac hardware is shit. Mac OS is fine. I use it on a hackintosh.

>Mac hardware is shit.
I get it, but what specifically do you hate about the hardware? i never liked ssds soldered to the motherboard, onboard memory, admittedly it fucking sucks, but my point is that it works and if there's a problem, well that's not for me to deal with. It's about productivity.

MacToddlers BTFO

Attached: 1523345281519.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

How are macs better for developing?

he can use terminal and pretend he's a 1337 hacker without having to actually learn real bsd or gnu/linux

>replying to a street shitter

Attached: 1551259920056.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

Terminal works fucking fine, there's always solid documentation when working with different open source projects, I don't need to waste time, as I said it's about productivity.
I started on linux many years ago and I prefer it, but I don't have that kind of time anymore, especially with compatibility issues. I just don't understand the hate on here, no one ever goes into specifics

>soldered everything
>glued in batteries
>made of soda cans
>keyboard has no travel
>no more function keys
>no fucking ports
>expensive as fuck
>mediocre specs
>absolute worst thermals
The operating system is literally the only redeeming part. And the screens are nice. But what the fuck does that matter on a laptop?

I'm whiter than you but dob't derail my thread, we can discuss that on pol

>dude I followed a guide on how to install ubuntu! i had to pick a window manager from a gui installer! im a real hacker! you develop software for a living and i'm just a neet? fuck you im the real hacker not you!
because its basically linux (its actually completely POSIX compliant)

What makes it more productive to use than any other laptop?

> I don't have that kind of time anymore
use RHEL or ubuntu
>I just don't understand the hate on here
most apple software is nonfree closed source garbage

>made of soda cans
>absolute worst thermals
you have valid complaints except for these two. Macs are extremely well built and durable, and the cooling while keeping a small profile is where lots of their money goes.

>nonfree closed source garbage
That's only an argument for freetards. The rest of us don't care.

>Macs are extremely well built and durable
My 2011 FagBook Poor's hinges broke after only 3 years of moderate use. Meanwhile my ThinkPad X230 from 2012 is fine. Also my MacBook regularly got hot enough to fry my balls and the fans sounded like helicopters. I'm never buying a Mac again.

youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0

>yeah dood i'm totally a real hacker see this javascript i'm writing for this advertising company, fukken 1337 hax man fuck those fat linux neckbeards can't even come close
macos isn't linux and is lacking critical features

>soldered everything
Becoming the standard
>glued in batteries
Yup but best battery life
>made of soda cans
Yeah... no
>keyboard has no travel
Oh no... who cares
>no more function keys
Oh no... who cares
>no fucking ports
USB-C is a port. Therefore yes it has ports
>expensive as fuck
Yup it can be an investment but maintains 80% of its value for at least 5 years. Show me a PC that maintains 40% of it's value after a year.
>mediocre specs
Seem to be pretty on par with most if not all workstations
>absolute worst thermals
Yeah... no

we done baby boy?

you aren't proving anything to anyone by being an NPC proprietard who just blindly fanboys for what your boss puts in front of you

>moderate use
you lie. you probably abused it. i have a perfectly functional early 2015 macbook.

>macos isn't linux and is lacking critical features
what features you projecting tranny

Because they are over priced fashion products with less utility. They are pretty good for just basic shit and showing off at the coffee shop. Its hipster shit tech.

That's too bad. Want to hear my anecdotal experience with Thinkpads? They're brittle hot garbage and all that "mil spec testing" is a meme

macOS is based on BSD you shitter.

i'm not going to bother explaining because you javascript brainlets won't understand, if it mattered to you you would know already
>XD le tranny
apple.com/diversity/

i accept your concession

please show me the parts in cf/cocoa/quartz/etc that are anything like bsd, or even remotely unix-like

>Jow Forums is one person
>meaningless buzzwords

I agree with most of your points, but as I said the specs work for me when I'm on the go, I've never had a problem with overheating, company provides everything for lack of ports, and at no cost to me. I prefer Thinkpad's keyboard. That said, I most of those issues are related to cost/upgrades, which aren't my responsibility. I can spend more time meeting deadlines and less about some compatibility issue that might arise. But I appreciate some actual insight, rather than childish "macshit" labels with no explanation.

shit bait, go search for yourself if you want to know

Take your own advice

even worse bait, cry more retard

>Its hipster shit
OP, and agreed, I even said I hate the cult of apple/aesthetics bullshit, but my point is that not only does it work but I've found that it saves me time.

>not only does it work but I've found that it saves me time.
Sorry but it does neither of those.

>The company I work for requires that we use them

Nobody believes this shit.

The only thing that keeps apple products in the workplace is the atrocious practice of BYOD

>I've found that it saves me time.
Compared to what?

NEET detected

hackintosh/ubuntu, less time fucking around, more time working

Eh my old job was Mac Only. I wasn't required to buy my own but was given a 2014 MBP that they gave me the option to buy for like $400 when I quit.

Here comes the I work at Google larping

My company leases them, i don't know why it's so hard for some to believe

>one should be ashamed to use an apple product
amen

Slap some shit over the fucking logo and stop being a impressionable little bitch

NEET confirmed

I've seen a few companies that only use macs.

Mac hardware is always many generations behind and to make matters worse they underclock their outdated CPUs to increase battery life, so you're not even getting what you're overpaying for.

If you really need to use Mac apps, my advice would be to buy a used $200 laptop and convert it into a hackintosh, that will run rings around anything apple has to offer.

How do I convince a macfag not to buy and iphone 11?

It's just gamers who get upset at Apple all the time. Most of us use Macs at least at work, since they are so common in tech jobs. The fact is, Apple's hardware is no less repairable or upgrade-able than the competition, same goes for reliability. The benefit of Macs, however, is that they run the only professionally supported Unix operating system that is fit for personal use computing.

It's overpriced garbage.
Who gives a shit that you like it because you have to use it? That's perfectly rational. It's called "Apple is shit," not "let's bully decent hardworking people who use what they're given to work with and don't complain about it."

So glad I don't need professional support for a Unix OS and know how to make it fit for personal use computing by myself. Because of that, using Linux, an OS which would otherwise be an unusable mess, sure saves me a lot on hardware compared to a Mac.

When you get a job you'll understand. Linux is fine for the server, but for users it is hobbyist shit.

Look up macbook logic board repair on YouTube. It won't take you long to find a certain rabbit hole demonstrating that they're designed to break easily. Also Apple demands people call a motherboard a logic board, I will be very happy when they go under.

I just see some goblin bitching about things that every hardware manufacturer is guilty of.

> i never liked ssds soldered to the motherboard, onboard memory, admittedly it fucking sucks, but my point is that it works and if there's a problem, well that's not for me to deal with. It's about productivity.

What if your laptop gets dropped, something burns out, etc? Whoops, can't just take my hard drive out. Guess I'll just live without all that work I've been doing and start completely clean and install programs/images for 4 hours after getting a new one. So productive.

Already have a job and boy does it feel good to never ever have to waste time fixing or reconfiguring my Gentoo install since I just don't configure it wrong in the first place. ;-)

>It's overpriced garbage.
My point was I don't pay for it and it works for my job... once again no argument is given, no rebuttal, just the same old apple is shit line

Then you should look up the class action suits. Apple has no warranty against manufacturer defect, until they're sued.

Reread, I'm not responsible for repairs, I'm not defending their logic board bullshit

No rossmann hate is allowed on Jow Forums

Apple spent millions providing support for Nvidia's bad GPUs, you idiot. That is why they cut ties with them.

See

I backup to external multiple times a day, repairs are employer's responsibility, jesus I think Jow Forums is exclusively neet. and no I'm not defending their hardware choices/business model/the fact that it's a ridiculously expensive monopoly, but come on that's no argument. btw most manufacturers are going with onboard, soldered shit that isn't diy friendly

ahh it's starting to make sense

You didn't really give an argument either, your whole argument was "works for me" and my counterargument was "no one cares."

And to get those repairs you needed to run their diagnostic test on a dead machine. How are those butterfly keyboards holding up? Have they recalled that macbook pro who's video cable is too short, but they fixed it on the new model without admitting the problem? Shitbag company that's master of scamming idiots.

>overpriced
>i don't pay for it
low iq

So you think all the major tech companies are idiots? Most of these "issues" will take so long to appear that machines will be recycled in that time.

> backed up multiple times a day
Who the fuck cares then why not just use it as a fucking Terminal 2 a real system in which case you don't even need the fucking Apple shit. Fucking stupid ass goddamn companies waste so much fucking money will probably go out of business 2 fucking years and you'll be looking for a new goddamn job. Holyshit I could not wait until this fucking faggot web developer coffee shop drinking apple boy all races are equal fucking Trend comes to an end. You people are opposed to all that is good even though you think you're the good ones. Install Temple OS and learn something you fucking retard

How is it overpriced when companies pay fuck all for it? Or can you only think from the perspective of a NEET consumer?

Yeah, it's overpriced, and your "I don't pay for it" line doesn't change that, because my whole counterargument to you to begin with is that your personal experience doesn't matter.

>that autistic sperg
I'm not a web dev and i haven't been to a coffee shop in probably a decade. i'm not an apple fanboy by any means, but you're too autistic to read my op

my company offers two options to developers: windows laptop (dell) or airbook. i think most devs would take the airbook over the dell.

Well, seriously, what kind of developer would use Windows? You would have to hate yourself.

i said that my employer leases them through a third party leasing company for next to nothing, the response was "overpriced garbage," so i think it's obvious who the neet consumer is

The fact that you don't pay for it doesn't make it not overpriced, it just means A) it's overpriced and B) your personal experience is irrelevant.

>(((leasing)))
Oh holy fucking Christ. No one even with the fucking own anything anymore. Kids grow up with the dream of living in a fucking van and being a YouTuber. Absolutely fucking pathetic. I guarantee you a hundred fucking dollars you think women should be in the workforce to. Honestly fucking pray dude

Im out will not be replying to OP anymore. Sad little man

not him but
>I guarantee you a hundred fucking dollars you think women should be in the workforce to.
t. incel
I agree with the rest though

Also just go to WWW readit dotcom dude you fit in better

I'm not (((leasing))) it, I'm making good money at a company i don't care about that looks great on my resume when i decide to leave this godforsaken country.
>women in the workplace.
who else will make the coffee and distribute lunch

It seems you defend Apple because of a lack of critical thinking and reading skills.

You got BTFO, gamer, just fuck off back to your consumer tech threads.

Still can't re-read who was called idiots, eh? Such a terrible grammar fuck up immediately lost you any argument. Please buy Apple products until they break as designed, and you end up in the poor house. It shall serve as a warning to others of lower intelligence.

>So what is it? The cost, the brand, the hardware, software?
all of those, yes

You don't buy computers, you stupid consumer. My employer buys them for me. Then after 2 years I recycle it and get a new one. Welcome to the 21st century.

>my battery is going out
>guess I'll wait 3-5 business days for IT to take my laptop, send it to the authorized rape center, then send it back
oh wait, I have a replaceable battery so they can just ship it to me and I can do it in five minutes.

>you can't replace the battery in a Mac
I guess three screws is too much for you to manage, wintoddler.

> lacking melanin is good
Fuck off pasty

I have a 2013 MBP with the 4960hq, GT750m, 16gb of RAM, and a big pcie SSD. It's actually a really nice machine.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't make them like that any more. Even on this model the RAM was soldered but at least replacing the SSD, screen, etc were pretty easy if you needed to. Plus the keyboard is pretty good unlike the new ones.

>he doesn't get a new one before the battery needs replacing

Attached: 376.jpg (600x536, 81K)

but i thought i was privileged, thanks for confirming it's a hoax

It's hard to avoid the solder everything approach these days

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>absolute worst thermals
If you dont agree with that one, you could just use you phone instead of a laptop :DDD

>see a lot of hate for macs
Every SRE that I know use with a Mac so stfu

fagOS is a shitheap abortion
literally decades behind everything else

Attached: 1544219492934.png (672x428, 349K)

>soldered everything
>Becoming the standard
If I dont like something I just dont buy it
>glued in batteries
>Yup but best battery life
Not really
>made of soda cans
>Yeah... no
bretty much yeah, made out of alu, quite good material for aircraft and trains but laptop... too bendable I would say
>keyboard has no travel
>Oh no... who cares
Are you even working, we dont care if you spend your time filling out word or excel sheets.
>no more function keys
>Oh no... who cares
Are you even working, we dont care if you spend your time filling out word or excel sheets.
>no fucking ports
>USB-C is a port. Therefore yes it has ports
>expensive as fuck
>Yup it can be an investment but maintains 80% of its value for at least 5 years. Show me a PC that maintains 40% of it's value after a year.
Are you working in economy or something ?
Buying a laptop even an apple is nver an investement, they all loses value too fast
>mediocre specs
>Seem to be pretty on par with most if not all workstations
its ok to use intel
>absolute worst thermals
>Yeah... no
use your phone or a tablet at this point, do you even really work ?

Good thing macos as rsync.

Kys fagjeet

Most people just have this autistic logic that the price of the computer should be purely determined by its hardware capacity and design/software/market value are irrelevant. I used to be like this also, but then I grew up. (Not using Mac products myself, but probably will sometime in the future)