If in the USA you don't have any vacation time and you can get shot any time...

If in the USA you don't have any vacation time and you can get shot any time, why does everyone in the world dream of living in the States and pretty much every European thinks moving to the USA is the "final promotion"?

Attached: LPAsS.png (498x500, 15K)

no vacation means companies don't have to give them, good jobs still do
higher take home pay and lower cost of living

Is Canada better than the US in this regard? I know you have public healthcare, but do you also have mandatory vacation and paid sick leave?

it actually fucking baffles me
America has high crime rates, racial tensions, no health care, mass shootings etc etc but everyone keeps on moving there

I want to move to Australia but you guys keep telling me you guys are full.

Eastern euros probably wish they had a chance to get shot every day.

Living here is comfy though. If you manage your money well you can easily retire before 30.

Nope, Eastern Europe is not as bad as you think now.

That's pretty much everywhere, if you have money. I guess you could retire to Thailand or any country like that even earlier.

Wages.

Most educated Euros , even in western europe can easily earn 3-5 times what they would in Europe. Work for 5 years and you can afford a nice home in europe and put a decent chunk towards retirement.

If you decide to stay in america middle class life is pretty great in america.

its probably because you're moroccan

they are blind to ideology, you must educate the ignorant

Even on an under middle class wage though. Property is just so dirt cheap yet wages are still pretty high.

>Property is just so dirt cheap yet wages are still pretty high

I have a funny feeling that this actually varies wildy between different states.

I know cities in Cali have some high property prices.

Nice memes

It's doable in most of the country. Just not in some of the HCOL areas.

>If you decide to stay in america middle class life is pretty great in america.

What's so great if you can't take any days off (even if you're legally allowed, your boss will fire you if you take it or you won't get promoted), you can't get sick, you have to ask the bank if you could become its slave, because you can't survive in the USA without a credit card, you have to pay with cheques and you die from cancer because you cant afford healthcare, even if you think you're moderately rich.

>Property is just so dirt cheap

It's cheap in places with no jobs. Where jobs are, property prices are among the highest in the world.

Just taking a guess, but it may be because a lot of big corporations are headquartered in USA.

Well, that's the reason why people in IT here want to go there, at least.

>What's so great if you can't take any days off (even if you're legally allowed, your boss will fire you if you take it or you won't get promoted), you can't get sick, you have to ask the bank if you could become its slave, because you can't survive in the USA without a credit card, you have to pay with cheques and you die from cancer because you cant afford healthcare, even if you think you're moderately rich.
Nice memes you got there

I work in public administration in Warsaw, I make about $1000/month net. An average 50 sqm apartment here in a good neighborhood in the city costs $120,000 here.

In an average big American city, I'd make probably like $3000/month net, but I'd have to pay like $500,000 for such an apartment (or buy a house in the suburbs and commute for 2 hours, but what the fuck would I need a big house far away from everything if I'm single?).

I can't see what the US is so good at.

>It's cheap in places with no jobs
No. It's cheap is places with plenty of jobs all over the Midwest and south and often times even near the coasts

I'm pretty sure IT workers have higher purchasing power in India than in the USA.

India is so cheap so average IT employee can probably buy a palace and hire 10 personal servants, while in the Sillicon Valley he'd have to share a room and eat frozen pizzas every day to survive.

define "everyone"
immigration to the USA from normal countries has been declining and they are importing more subhumans than in the past.

Or you could live where I live and get a nice 2 bed home for 30k with the average starting wage of college grads being 52k/yr

>why does everyone in the world dream of living in the States and pretty much every European thinks moving to the USA is the "final promotion"?
You can find gold in the streama, oil in your backyard or just raise a ton of cattle. You can make Microsoft, Apple and General Electrics. It's the land of opportunity!

For some reason, the vast majority of Americans and immigrants don't want to live "where you live", they all go to big cities where prices are insane.

If it was so easy to live "where you live" and make as much as you do, the property prices would skyrocket after a while.

problem is that because of public healthcare, the tax comes in really heavy. Plus the time that it takes to get a surgery is unironically long.

It's not just about the pay. If you work for Google in India, your living standards will be good, but the work will be boring. If you get transferred to Mountain View, you'll work on development of their latest products.

Anyway, that's only one section of people that I know about. I am just assuming that Europeans have the same reason. t.bh I wasn't even aware that people from first world countries moved to USA.

The fuck do you mean "as much as I do" ii just told you the average starting wage of college grads for the state?

There are already tons of IT employees in India and even if you hire 10 servants, you are still stuck in India.

Why would one leave India if there are no designated shitting streets in the rest of the world?

>but the work will be boring

So? 95% of jobs in the US are boring either. Veeery few people have actual "creative" jobs.

And still, your standards of living will be so much lower in the US so the more interesting work won't compensate it.

>for the state

So I guess you live in the countryside, but you mentioned the wage from "the state" that includes wages from the biggest city (where property prices are 5 times higher than in the countryside).

So? Why would being stuck in India be worse than being stuck in a shared room in San Francisco you can only sleep in because you work for 12 hours a day, you don't have any vacations, sick leave or anything like that.

Isn't it Elon Musk that makes his employees sleep at office?

Even in the city. Property tax is fuck all.

>be Dutch
>get raised in nice environment
>get practically free STEM/medical education at great university
>move to the USA the moment you graduate leaving the Netherlands behind in eternal poverty
This is why the only educated people in this country are southern and Eastern Euros.

I guess people from all over the world move to the US just because it's easy to get there.

For example, it's extremely hard to get a job in Germany for non-EU citizens and non-refugees. An Indian, Thai or Brazilian guy has basically no chance to get a job in Germany (especially a blue collar job), so they choose the USA, where immigration laws are laxer.

But I'm sure if Mexicans were allowed to move to Germany as easily as they can move to the US, no one would choose the US over Germany. If you experience life in western Europe, where the state pays for everything and provides everything for you and still you get so much money you don't know what to spend it on, life in the USA seems like hell.

There are many types of people. Some are only interested in their work and don't care about living standards or money.

Nowadays, most who go there to study are the type who have been exposed to American media for years. They don't put in much thought into it and just apply to universities because everyone does it.

>pretty much every European thinks moving to the USA is the "final promotion"?

maybe in slavic shithole europe

A lot of the stereotypes come kids who work retail or similar low skilled work.

If you are going over on skilled visa like most europeans would you will be working for a company that won''t fire you for petty things (why would they after going through all the visa hassle), who will pay for most of your healthcare and will probably be in one of the nicer regions of america. Your work/life balance won't be as good but if you are mid-late 20's you can deal with a decade of shitty work/life balance when you are earning 3x as much as you would back home

Because you are stuck in humid weather in crowded cities full of low caste Indians.
>you can only sleep in because you work for 12 hours a day, you don't have any vacations, sick leave or anything like that.
Why do you insist on inventing fairytales like that?

My cousin started to work in Berlin as a construction worker without any experience (he had to install eletric wires in new apartments, simple job). He worked only for 8 hours/day, he made like 2500 euros/month net (his official salary transferred into his account was low to pay lower taxes, and he got the rest of the money in hand), and since he was officially "poor" he had his rent co-funded by the state (he paid only like 400 eur/month for a relatively big studio in Berlin). Of course he had access to free German healthcare (top tier), very cheap and wonderful German public transportation, he had paid vacation, sick leave, he could attend free courses (language and technical) and tons of other benefits I don't even remember. He lived 30 min by car from the border with Poland so he could go there every weekend to buy cheap stuff in Polish shops and go back to Berlin.

Now he is already back in Poland because he wanted to work in Germany only to save some money, but he's still thinking of going back to Berlin because once you experience this great life, you love it.

I know a Polish farm worker that came here for a quick buck doing really shitty low paid work but instead he liked the things you listed.
Because of the seasonal nature of his job he even struck a deal with our unemployment agency that they gave him welfare during winter

>Because you are stuck in humid weather in crowded cities full of low caste Indians.

How is this different from San Francisco or Miami?

In America you are rewarded for working hard and smart.
Someone who gets a doctors degree will earn boatloads and even construction workers who are good at their trade earn a hell of a lot of money.
In e*Rope everyone basically earns the same amount of money because of exponentil tax, everything is fucking expensive as shit, you live in cramped cities where all the old architecture is being replaced with new age modernist shit
FUCK this, if i could move to the US i would

In the Netherlands almost all high paid people are self-employed. I work at the finance department for a big multinational and we have a few projectleaders that charge €80k for 4 months of work

Less humid, fewer Indians, more civilized

What's the point of earning a lot when you have to live in a cultural wasteland and, even worse, surrounded by americans ?

I mean you're unlikely to get more than 2 weeks off in a year for which you can escape as well.

>really shitty low paid work

It's not as "low paid" as you think, such gastarbaiters almost always get a free apartment, also free dinners. They live quite well. Also, since all labor inspectors care mostly about these poor gastarbaiters, go to farms and factories pretty often to check their working conditions, their rights are almost never violated, unlike native Dutch who work overtime in their offices in Amsterdam.

jesus fuck you are retarded and don't know anything

A lot of people return after working in USA for 7-8 years, especially nowadays because Indians cannot get green cards. If you are upper middle class or above, you should be able to afford a house in a gated community. Because of the difference in purchasing power, American savings translate into a lot more money here. You can easily buy a nice house and start a business after coming back.

I'm sure business districts in IT-oriented Indian cities are as civilized as American cities. And after you finish your work, you go back to your gated neighborhood for elite IT workers where your villa and your servants wait for you.

Half of my family works pin western Europe, mostly in Belgium and Germany. They never complained about working conditions there, they're far better than in Poland.

Pity about the smell everywhere though

I'm sure it's the same in London nowadays.

I used to work for a Polish company and the worst element was that everyone was bitter and angry at everyone else, particularly senior members of staff against junior members of staff. What's wrong with just being nice ?

>their rights are almost never violated, unlike native Dutch who work overtime in their offices in Amsterdam.
Yeah I'm sure that those Dutch office workers ,who spend 6 hours per day shuffling papers around, would dream to have as good working conditions as Eastern European immigrants who live in some obscure barracks with 50 other people and work 12 hours a day picking tulips for 8 euro/hour xD

they have to pay their own pension and get fucked by taxes, that's why they seemingly earn so much

Eastern Europeans don't understand how privileged they are because they can work in western Europe legally and all labor laws apply to them.

>who live in some obscure barracks with 50 other people and work 12 hours a day picking tulips for 8 euro/hour xD

Yeah, watch more fake TV news. Such things happens very rarely (these are mostly firms set up by eastern Europeans and they're punished severely when the labor inspections finds them out).

The vast majority of Poles in western Europe work in decent conditions, that's why they work there. As I said, a lot of my cousins work there, the only thing they complain about is that nowadays more Romanians, Bulgarians and Ukrainians with EU passports steal their jobs. But they never complained about their employers.

>Lithuanian tells Poles off for being bitter and not nice

ask your countrymen first, why they kill themselves so often

Hey we're talking about Poles here

>implying Lithuanians who come to the UK magically turn into Latino-tier happy people with fake smile on their lips all the time

I did not imply that

Eastern Europeans working abroad are almost at the same level as Ukrainians coming to work in Poland. If you're a skilled worker, you work officially and get provided with full set of rights and responsibilities, but if you're a regular peasant on a monkey job, don't expect anything good.