Resume image

Are resumes with photos of your mug just a meme? How do I pick a picture?

Attached: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (1920x1023, 189K)

just be yourself

>MBA from The University of Texas, San Antonio

kek

Pay for a professional photographer, a shitty selfie lands your resume straight in the trash

You only need a photo if your appearance is necessary (modelling/acting/giving presentations).

Otherwise, no.

t. someone who has run several businesses

Don't put a photo on your resume. It's not something people do.

Depend on your country. In some photo is expected, in others it's illegal for employer to demand it.

ugly no
good looking yeah.
i got an interview cause the lady at rh found me cute.

How do I determine if I am attractive?

This. Most cases though I would say to avoid it. People can assume a lot about you off of one photo. I don't think it's worth the risk.

So if it's human facing, it's a good idea, but if say I want to work as a programmer (or worst case, stacking boxes in some depo) it's not needed?

Also, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea if I mention I am autistic on my resume?

if you're attractive, girls will ask you out

lol you dumb fucks -- here's how a resume should look

Attached: Resume.png (802x857, 48K)

>ugly
>tfw picture on resume is expected
>never get a job and never had one since I graduated highschool 10 years ago

Attached: 7EB216A8-DFE8-4429-B992-E24F7556C039.png (557x452, 269K)

I feel like it might be advantageous if you are attractive

Otherwise omit it

Cmon Barack...stay off Jow Forums...please

Just put a link to your LinkedIn profile on your resume. If they want to see what you look like, they can follow up that way. Otherwise, no pic on the resume.

As long as you dont do what my ex-gf did, put stupid fucking paint "art" images of dragons on her fucking resume. Hers was still 100x better than her best friends who had about 50 words on the whole fucking page with skills like "folding clothes". Fuck i used to hang around with such stupid people. Fucking Canadians are retards. Glad i left that shit hole.

Speak for yourself you self hating leaf cuck

What's wrong with folding clothes faggot maybe she wanted to be a maid

go out, ask girls on dates.
open tinder put your photo there
ask your girl friends.

Im not a self hating leaf. I fucking hate them which is why I returned to my glorious country.

Ok faggot leaf, all you have is 50 words on a page and 2 of them are your skills which are "folding clothes" you would hire this person? Fucking proving my point, you are all retards.

Is there a simpler method of determining if I am attractive?

Hiring guy here, this is an excellent resume. Didn't realize it was Obama's if that other user is right.

Photos generally get you laughed at, save them for your LinkedIn.

I'm your potential boss. Don't add your photo to your CV. Don't look ridiculous. Your CV is not your LinkedIn profile.

Attached: 1523250692361.jpg (500x753, 45K)

I don't have a LinkedIn profile. Should I make one?

Yes, you dumb fuck. People look at you when you are outside, even straight men. You will catch some women looking at you if you are attractive

user, I am literally autistic. Not the meme kind. I can't tell if someone is looking at me outside. I have no idea if people are "checking me out". That's why I am asking.

this only works if you are a nigger or female. put our white male mug on your resume and it will go straight into the trash

Is this also true in Europe?

Well, I can tell you that asking women for their opinion is not a good idea. They will probably lie to avoid hurting you, which is way much worse than telling the truth, but hey. Asking women out is not a good idea either, confidence has some weight.

Tinder is probably the best option if you don't have problems with showing your face to the internet. Just don't write anything stupid in the description, don't write anything at all, just your height. Good luck, autismbro

Don't include a photo in your CV. Make it nice and clear with the most important information nearest the top.

If you're actually attractive you'll get a lot of unsolicited compliments from girls, if you're REALLY good lucking you'll even get the occasional compliment from straight guys.

It's much much more true in Europe, except for Poland or Hungary. In no longer White places like London, a lot of jobs are no longer interested in hiring ANY White people, especially in government positions.

Ok, so most replies say "no picture". Got it.

If you have to ask, you arent.

If I was hiring someone to work in room service, possibly.

2nd question, since I made this thread: how much will my application be impacted by the fact that I graduated college 4 years ago and have lived as a NEET ever since?

Attached: please respond.jpg (784x439, 35K)

It depends how good his social skills are.

I remember a girl trying to hit on me in high school and I didn't realize it until months later. It never happened before(or again), though, so I wasn't used to it

cvs with photos = self absorbed prick = rejected.
you're not a fucking model sunshine, you're doing menial tasks so I don't have to.

Don't listen to the neckbeards OP.

Sure it's illegal for your employer to ask for your photo, but many people do it anyway. Therefore if you don't put a photo on your resume, it will go straight into the bin.
People saying your employer will assume stuff about you might be right, but they'll still take one of the few applicants on which they assume nice things rather than those that did not even put a photo to begin with (''hmm does this guy have to hide???'')

Lie and say that your mother has been ill and you had to care about her if asked

Most posters also dont have a job and are neets banking on blockchain so they have to ever get a job. Do your math, retard.

they dont*

I have started including my picture, being 99.4% white and in good shape helps get the interview in spite of an ambiguously ethnic name.

I've literally never seen a photo on a resume before this thread. But I guess if you looked like ops picture it might be advantageous.

objective is a meme. i mean why would you place it. of course i want to work for a job to earn money not because i like challenges or learn something

yeah it's getting more and more common now sadly. It's mostly the selfygram generation that do it, easily identifiable by the vacuous shit they write on their cv (no one seems to have told them to tailor this shit to the job you're applying to) and their inability to write I am.
Am teamplayer, am punctual, am looking for new challenges. am a brainlet.

>Europe is the UK
hurr durr
in France they had to rule out pictures by law because shitskin resumes get dumped
I think they're even blurring names those days

Not true, I have Aspergers and I'm attractive, but when girls hit on me most of the time I don't understand it, I had self esteem issue until I was in my early 20s too because I thought that nobody found me attractive while some girls were hitting on me. I understood what all of that was once I got diagnosed and I installed Tinder and other dating apps and got dozens of matches easily. My social skills are still shit and will always be shit though, but at least now I have some confidence.

London isn't representative of the rest of the UK either.

Any takes on this ?

The shit you're saying shows that you exclusively get your information regarding a continent of 700 million people from an anime imageboard

linkdein is reddit but with recruiters on it trying to get you to take lowball compensation

have you been diagnosed as autistic or have you just decided you're autistic because you're on Jow Forums?

if its not related to your work history/demonstrated or transferrable skills I would leave it off

yes here in the first world you need linkedin

process goes like this:
-CV's are in, throw the 95% with no cover letter, bad cover letter, no photo, brainlet, non-customized cv, no unique but clear layout, lack of wall-of-text.
- throw 4% without linkedin
- google search remaining 1%, throw everything above 5 candidates remaining.
- Purchase personal information on 5 people from shady scraper company, invite 3 remaining for job interview.
- Remove 1 tard, ask for the referrals of last 2.
- Hire the nicest guy with good recommendation.

i mean you literally don't have to do anything, I've been sitting in a common area studying and they sit next to you and start talking/ask you to do stuff with them

This highly depends on your region and your field. In America, photos are generally not added to resumes. In some parts of Europe it's extremely standard.

Resume styles also should vary wildly depending on the field. If you're a graphic design or photography major then anything you can do to make your resume not look boring is probably good and I wouldn't be surprised if lots of applicants in graphic design / arts use some sort of attractive photo to stand out. I'm more familiar with hiring computer science resumes where the standard is to get the info across in a quick and readable way. Any attempt to spice up the resume won't help.

Diagnosed, as stated upthread.

I am asking because I want to know if accusing them of discrimination is a viable course of action in case they reject me.

Do not put mental illnesses or even physical illnesses on a resume. If it's very relevant to the position then you can bring it up in the interview. Resumes are about accomplishments and work experience, being autistic is neither of those.

> I am asking because I want to know if accusing them of discrimination is a viable course of action in case they reject me.

don't be a part of the victim society but leverage your strengths in the market
and no never put autism on your cv wtf, put meticulous, focused etc

Is this user full of shit?

Thank you for the advice.

>claim discrimination if I don't get the job
Yeah, I thought as much. You won't get far with that mentality. Good luck.

hopefully, I dont want them to ask about my mommy fetish

I know it's a scummy thing to consider doing but I am desperate man.

>he doesn't know 90+% of resumes need to be in the boring text format so they can be easily processed by machine-readers looking for keywords and misspelled words

Humans don't look at resumes any more, son.

wrong.

most engineers don't put photos in their resume

any self respecting small to medium company will want to at least check to make sure you're white, so yes, a picture is always appreciated by them.

Asian employees are much more highly valued than whites ones, especially in small to medium companies where efficiency is a must to survive.

Depends on the field and the company. For large tech companies who get hundreds of online applications, they certainly have automated screening for resumes that contain certain buzzwords relevant to the position. There was a trick people used not long ago where they'd put hundreds of buzzwords in extremely small print around the borders of the document, which would make the resume automatically #1 in every automated screening. Most companies caught on to that trick now though.

>McPloyeee of the Month

Just be white. You'll be okay

Attached: warren-buffett-coke.jpg (480x360, 30K)

imo the one with the pic looks a lot cleaner, even without the pic.
if you aren't ugly as fuck, don't be afraid to do things a bit different and use a pic,
but use the one on the right either way.

>he does what everyone else does to avoid standing out
virgin resume vs chad resume

it's what roasties do

>cover letter
>wall of text
really nigger? nobody reads a cover letter, and a wall of text screams overcompensation for lack of substance

>ITT people who accualy send out resumes

Just take your shit and meet up personaly with whoever is in charge of hiring.

It really doesnt matter if its nuclear science math researcher or waiter at cheesecake factory.

Who every makes decent first impression will allways win over those that only sent in their shit even tho they are more qualified for the job.

People hire other people they like.

Attached: bar-refaeli-2009-met-costume-gala-05.jpg (1054x1222, 239K)

Yeah bruh just look them in the eye and give a firm handshake
Guess I should have never applied to that overseas position eh

Great advice for applying to your local McDonalds. Not so great advice for applying to an adult job.

>Found the boomer
>"what do you mean they all have locked doors with key card access?"

Attached: 1ewdzs.jpg (399x385, 37K)

Fake af harvard doesnt give accounting degrees

You'll be fucked afterwards if you do that.

Am I doing it right?

Attached: 1523367358298.jpg (1920x1023, 352K)

photo on resume is done in europe a lot

Attached: 358298.png (1920x1023, 1.26M)

no one spends more than 2 seconds reading a resume. so just copy & paste the job posting and don't put anything on it that some cunt might disqualify you for. do NOT put a picture of yourself even if you're good looking they will probably disqualify you out of spite or just because it's different.

if youre POC or a woman
sure

Sorry user, but ifyou were attractive theres no way you wouldnt know. Attractive men are catcalled on the street in a daily basis, and are approached by girls almost every day,even if you're autistic.

>Sorry user, but ifyou were attractive theres no way you wouldnt know. Attractive men are catcalled on the street in a daily basis, and are approached by girls almost every day,even if you're autistic.
mfw this was me before a car accident, now Im deformed for life.

You'll know when you're walking with your friends and mid-sentence you stop and begin sharing up-and-down glances with a girl walking by.

me
>get a lot of unsolicited compliments from gay guys, "straight guys", and moms
>never been complimented on or even flirted with a qt my age
What does this mean?

You are missing your health bar

Fucking retard, shut your mouth and give up on the job search if your resume doesn't look like this.

Attached: image.png (1700x2200, 937K)

>there is a bunch of horny gay guys in your area
>moms cheking if you like the D

most applications ask you if you have any mental illnesses

Most people aren't insecure austists who get stirred into a rage at the sight of ponies, also since this is a Comp Sci application there's a good chance that the interviewer like MLP too. Plus this guy is really smart, more evidence that ponies are patrician.

I've never seen a resume with a photo in over 25 years working at managerial level in corporate America. None. It's simply not done, for several reasons. Biggest is most companies want text, so they can put it into their system, they used to scan resumes with OCR, now they just ask for Word or text or PDF.

A resume is simply your work history, your education, and your skills. That's it. It's a starting point for an interview, you spergs act like it's the interview itself. They don't care what your hobbies are, or your medical conditions, or any of that shit, they want to know where you worked, what you did, for how long. That's it. Anything beyond that will be asked in the interview. Your resume should be one page, concise, neat, and not droning on and on and on. Everyone knows about resume padding, and how everyone did it starting out.
The time to show them you're the candidate to hire is the interview. Period. And, if you're applying for work below the manager level, your odds are better going through a temp agency. Most companies ONLY hire through agencies these days. Suck it up, "agencies" aren't the stigma they used to be. Besides, getting hired on at an agency will pinpoint exactly what's wrong with your presentation, and they'll work with you on it, because you working is money for them. They'll help you clean up your resume, and pre-interview you.
Look at it this way - you could be working next week, for an agency, or sit at home not getting any responses from 100 resumes sent out. Get a clue, kiddies, the only jobs that hire off the street are fast food and retail, and you don't need a resume for that.