Only speaks English language

>only speaks English language

Attached: brainlet.png (1416x1600, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583091/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>instead of learning some language that you don't need because you speak the lingua franca spending that brain power on expanding the mind

Attached: smart kid.jpg (500x590, 68K)

Lol like I NEED to learn anything else ubut glr elngishgv

but americans dont seem that smart tho, and the one who are succesfull are cultured and speak other langages..

we don't need to learn other languages, everyone else learns ours. the only useful language i could learn would be mandarin, but that would be cucking to the invaders as well, so nty. this being said i am learning a language currently, but more as a hobby.
i think that has more to do with them being americans than only speaking english

You are a cuck lmao. English is without a doubt the MOST important language in the world and if you know it there's no reason to waste your time trying to learn inferior languages. This is an English world, you're just living in it

at least englush doesn't look like something you'd randomly pull out of a bag of scrabble
hiszgoreszek megneryok

i wish I hadn't picked chinese and instead picked something like German or French
I've not been to class since the 13th and even then I missed a load before that

>they don't recognize the cognitive benefits of being multilingual
brainlets gonna brainlet desu

>speaks only indo european languages

Attached: retard.png (645x729, 59K)

>muh benefits of multilingualism
what are these vague benefits you speak of and how do they compare to 5 or so years of classes in order to be come fluent? if you're going to continue living in an english speaking country you'll likely never need to use your language, and i don't think the increased brain power or whatever is worth all that time invested.
i get that you gained a lot from learning a second language, but that's because you learnt english.

This. Language shape our thoughts.

cuck

>i don't think the increased brain power or whatever is worth all that time invested

Spoken like a true monolingual.

ok so the benefits are absolute shit compared to what i could have spent all that time doing, you can't even name them.
apart from as a hobby there is no need to learn a language other than english in the anglosphere, even outside of it english will get you much further than most other languages.

>Thanks to the Scandinavian languages being similar to each other, I can understand Norwegians and Danes perfectly well while also speaking my native Swedish language
>I can also understand parts of Finnish because they have so many Swedish loan-words due to them being our dogs
>Also speak English
>Learned German and Spanish in school
I have reached places in the galaxy you can not begin to comprehend

Attached: Brainmore.jpg (1589x646, 264K)

This, if I was a native English-speaker I would just improve my language and read a lot of available resources.

This, they're delusional. What's the point in learning other languages when you can speak English everywhere in the world, have access to most of the books and movies too? It's a waste of time, it may be fun or enriching, but ultimately it's not worth it especially if you have flaws with your own language that you would like to improve instead.

>The cognitive and neurological benefits of bilingualism extend from early childhood to old age as the brain more efficiently processes information and staves off cognitive decline.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583091/

>5 or so years of classes
brainlet

Knowing other languages give you perspective not only to the World, but also to the one you already know. Learning languages becomes easier after the first. I know you just want to justify your laziness, but try to be honest at least.

Yes, because you totally learned English optionally for the purpose of pleasure or pursuit of knowledge.

As opposed to what? English classes aren't mandatory at school, and even then they would fall under the premise of "pursuit of knowledge".

for russian it's 5 years, that's what i was going off fgt, and if you want to trade those 5 years so you can get an extra few years before you start to become retarded, go for it, but for most the time would be better spent elsewhere.
i'm not trying to justify anything, i'm learning another language currently for fun, but for most there's no need. that 5 years of time spent isn't worth it to most just to 'gain perspective,' you can gain perspective by studying history, travelling, talking to people, volunteering, etc. etc. not just by learning a language

You can also earn these benefits when reading books in a formal register and learn actual things through them (history, philosophy, politics, economy), rather than simply getting to speak another language occasionally on the Internet or when you travel (which is for most people not often the case), considering you could speak English is most places anyway.

pretty sure that all the nordics here had to learn it, and probably all the germans and french too

>Erhhh Arrhhh Dheeerrrr we dont nid to lern itt erghhh I shit my pants agen urgghhhh

You don't "need" to learn anything you low iqs

Most of the places in the world don't speak english, desu

What's this "everyone learns English because of need" meme. It's not true. Not in my case at least.

>I expect everyone to speak my language
>culture is not important, lol

Attached: 5467367.png (600x656, 75K)

anywhere worth going does

this is your monolingual problem, you are just implying

>flag
French are notorious for being the most arrogant bitches who for some reason expect tourists to speak french

Actually it isn't mandatory, but of course people choose it.

In most interesting places to visit, English (+few local words you can learn quickly) is enough.
Either way it's pointless to learn languages just for the sake of it, I'd have never tried to speak English if it wasn't to communicate with the entire world easily and to have access to more documents.

fuck YOU mothar chodar bitch you for making me learn your shitty language what do I have to look forward to? 1 billion Africans speaking french
c'est géniale

China and Japan are worth going to

Yes, 5 years for brainlets.

Doubtfull, but I'm not going to argue against without looking into it. However, one does not exclude the other. Read the books written in a foreign language.

>considering you could speak English in most places anyway
brainlet meme

It feels like a lot of people vastly overestimate the effort needed to learn a language.

>f-fuck English it isn't important!
>everyone ITT responds in English

Attached: 1442961370785.jpg (792x558, 96K)

>this is an English world
Mfw asia is starting to become the new leader of the world.
Mfw talking english is just casual, and does not suggest that you are intelligent
Mfw amerifags or only english speaking cucks are less able to communicate with someone if they travel anywhere.
Mfw successful people tend to know two or more languages.

Literally no one said that, Kevin.

you sound like you're talking down to americans.
why are euros so egotistical

I learned English, Spanish and French so I know what it feels like, and it's objectively useless except if you want to brag about it. Nothing better than reading things in your native language that you can fully understand. It's pretty hard to go through complex readings in a foreign language even if you're quite fluent, or you'd need to live for a few years abroad.

Chinks speak English.

Nice try, phaggot

Who said that? Why am I not surprised that it's the mutt who's once again being the retard?

fair enough with china, wouldn't be my first choice but it's undoubtably popular, as for japan a lot of them speak english, especially the younger people

you need to exercise reading comprehension

I think the youths in China speak a better English than Nips.

>chinks speak English
>flag
coastal Chinese mega cities aren't "chinks" it's like saying NYC and silicone valley are all of America

Are you talking about Japanese or Chinese? Because none of them speaks English.

if i go to russia, i would ask people in russian if they speak english because i cant into russian first, its a simple sentence to learn before visiting a country that would help you more than just speaking english all of a sudden believing everybody has to understand it...

Nowadays it is mandatory for the new generations, they made great progresses. Meanwhile I can't seem to see many fluent Japanese English speakers even among the youths, they all seem crappy. For instance if you want to travel or work in China you will not need to learn Mandarin at all. Not saying everyone speaks it, but even in smaller cities it seems to have been widely spread.

Vas-y parle français qu'on se marre un peu

the most irrelevant your country is culturally, the most you need to learn english.

>For instance if you want to travel or work in China you will not need to learn Mandarin at all.
I'm not chinese but this feels like a lie
My mom did business in china for decades in the textile industry and always had an interpreter when dealing with the Chinese

So I guess she didn't need to learn Mandarin?

>nothing better than reading things in your native language
For technical literature, yeah maybe. Absolute nonsense everything else though.

If you plan on staying in France forever then of course I don't think you would need to speak English. There are enough French thinkers, writers, poets or philosophers to experiment, and the amount of translated (or exclusive) stuff is fairly decent, it's almost worth the learning.
Just saying, for anyone who wants to travel or communicate internationally, or frequents Internet places often, you better learn English and not anything else. But that is an obvious thing to say.

Bonjour, ça va ? Quel temps fait-il en France ?

Each has his own personal experience I guess, and as I said there are surely still some exceptions, but most of foreigners I met who had experiences in China told me it was a waste to have tried to learn the language as they were put with Chink co-workers and god damn these people are awful to cope with.

Literature in general. There are things you can only enjoy or understand if you have an elevated level of language. Obviously not speaking about contemporary "literature".

If you ask "do you speak English" in Russian, people would assume that you know a little bit of Russian, but you prefer English. And people may try to talk to you in Russian which will only lead to confusion and wasted time.

Can't speak much for the Japanese, but I have been to China. Not even every hotel has english speaking stuff on reception. Fucking hotels!

>his parents were from the same Europeans country
>he’s not bilingual by default
>he doesn’t have dual citizenship

Lmao at your life

im learning french atm

>anglophone
>can't into his own language

every time

>live in a country with four (4) official languages
i just needed to learn french and english but it still was a pain in the ass.

I only learn fictional languages like elvish and korean, thank you very much.

>native bosnian speaker
>can understand croats, serbs and montenegrins perfectly
>can understand about 80% of slovenian and 60% of bulgarian and macedonian
>had no problem communicating with locals while in russia and reading cyrilic inscriptions
>could somewhat understand the czech while in prague
slavic languages are the best

Pathetic

Attached: 15ve51.jpg (552x687, 102K)

Mokausi lietuvių kalbos. Kas toliau?

Obviously

Attached: 1512163657491.jpg (489x499, 27K)