Did you know that Guatemala is on the cusp of becoming the first Latin American country with more Protestants than...

Did you know that Guatemala is on the cusp of becoming the first Latin American country with more Protestants than Catholics?

What are your thoughts on this development?

Attached: 4C414459-F9B7-4BF8-98B9-F008C1002069.jpg (750x710, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cooperativa.cl/noticias/site/artic/20180112/asocfile/20180112124342/f00006494_religion_chile_america_latina_2017.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eex34oalAY0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_handling
youtu.be/l_JdhswFpZI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Guatemala#Eastern_Orthodox_and_Oriental_Orthodox_Christianity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you know that religion is irrelevant?

How? Burger missionaries?

The next closest one is Honduras

Attached: 28027BF4-F7D3-4CC9-A598-E1D8C80F4D4A.jpg (750x760, 126K)

They confused Guatemala with guacamole

I don’t even know the difference between protestants and catholics

didn't realise these cunts were so based, do they act protestant too?

Protestants = American christians
Catholics = Mexico

Of course. Protestantism is the future

Attached: mok75o4pfuhz.png (1095x640, 116K)

Disgusting

Yes, it was introduced by American Evangelical missionaries, but they have their own local missionaries now, too.
One of the main differences is that Protestants, specially the ones in LatAm, don’t have saints and don’t worship the Virgin. They’re also much more religious than Catholics and give tithe.

disgusting

Religion must disappear

What do you mean by acting Protestant?

>don’t worship the Virgin.
absolutely haram and disgusting if you ask me

What kind of protestants?

Is it true that Protestants are projected to eventually surpass Catholics in Brazil?

>dont worship a non-god
whats wrong?

oh nothing relevant just that she is the goddamn mother of god

why do protestants have to ruin everything with their retardations? go be autistic somewhere else

less butthurt (emotional) and obsessive about gay shit like entres and shoes

Aren't their "Protestants" just retarded Pentecostals? That's a regression.

Evangelical Christians like the ones in the US.

>he follows the cult jew

Why?
Where did they come from?

Belizean immigrants?

Yes.

Attached: 20170111-170111a.png (767x547, 36K)

i think protestant missionaries

Pentecostals are one of the most numerous groups, yes.
Don't know desu. You'll have to ask an user from these countries, unfortunately there aren't many and they usually come when Europeans are sleeping.

wypipo?

Actually, Honduras already has a protestant (evangelical) plurality, according to the 2017 Latinobarometer survey

Attached: file.png (960x720, 188K)

probably

so basically, latin america is europe in the 1500s

Interesting. I wonder what Protestant Brazil will look like.
American missionaries, and yeah, I think they were all white, obviously the vast majority of them are local converts, though.

Can I get a link to the survey?
>Mexico at 80% Catholic
Wtf. Didn't know we were the second most Catholic country in the region.

cooperativa.cl/noticias/site/artic/20180112/asocfile/20180112124342/f00006494_religion_chile_america_latina_2017.pdf

>you delivered a baby! Good job, here have hundreds of millions of people worship you forever for what most women have done throughout history

Very well Guatemala. Very well. HOWEVER...

Attached: 1513135617019.jpg (1024x772, 93K)

I guess, Protestantism is growing all over the region, while Catholicism decays.

Attached: 06CB17AB-C640-4D9D-BEC2-4DADF354D0DC.jpg (750x753, 129K)

Will the moment they turn Prot instantly make them white and become prosperous like the rest of protestant North America?

evangelicals and neo-pentecostal are subhuman

It seems Catholicism is on free fall in Chile. Pretty cool desu :3
>Catholic identification increased in Mexico (the only country to do so)
What

Attached: 037A1658-E502-4E99-A85E-54F4CBCBD6D8.jpg (750x550, 239K)

>latin america turns ted cruz tier
nothing personal

Yes, this is an artist's representation of the average Guatemalan family in the 2030's

Attached: 1515138628739.jpg (736x729, 63K)

Who knows what social changes it will bring desu. It will probably become much more socially conservative than it already is.

Disgusting

Or crazy stuff like not teaching evolution or sex-ed, nevermind even more opposition to abortion.

>Mfw proteshits will outnumber Apostolics in the future
>Mfw no divine liturgy, only sermons and claps
>Mfw I will see it in my lifetime

Attached: orig.gif (364x489, 526K)

Not much. You see evangelists everywhere. Mormons too, walking around in pairs proselytizing.

Attached: so-youretelling-meif-become-mormon-i-get-to-wear-magic-25564217.png (500x534, 165K)

catholicism has only been hypocritical cucks in the last few decades
protestantism has been hypocritical cucks since their founding 500 years ago

you act like thats a bad thing?

slightly less lazy, more obnoxious, but equally retarded.

That's terrible.
Guatemala needs to become atheist if it's to survive.

Will protestant Latin America ban siesta?

Answer this, please
I'm curious, too

Imagine unironically believing this

Based Uruguay

So you're happy about it...?
Btw, why Guatemala specifically has been so open to conversion?

How did atheists fall by 7% in 2 years?

Did you fucking KILL THEM?

Attached: d8fc02cb48ed838f3e027c081b58ea93.png (464x365, 22K)

Meh, I do not know about that. However we do need less preachers and more engineers.
Guatemala tends to be pretty based. The last vice president and president are in jail for corruption. Like all big cities, Guatemala City has gangs and crime. However in the highlands, gang members are burned alive in the street. Very little violent crime there. A few months ago in Sololá, a Kaqchiquel elder whipped the police chief in the street for corruption.

Obviously bad news, protestants in latin america are poor indians and are also even crazier than burger proddies.

Isn't Guatemala like 40% pure indian?
No offence if you are one but according to people on Jow Forums more indian = poorer.

Don't think any country here has siesta

I hope so.

>and are also even crazier than burger proddies.
literally impossible

youtube.com/watch?v=eex34oalAY0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_handling
It's very very difficult to be even crazier than burger protestants.

Attached: CK_ZLs3UwAA9MDt.jpg (600x400, 52K)

Maybe it was just a fluke, it looks like their percentage varies wildly each year. It may not be like atheists in the West but more like just non-religious people.
>Kaqchiquel elder whipped the police chief
How did they manage to do that?

There are poor people here, of course. In some places a second degree education is the norm. Just enough to learn Spanish. But those ways are going away and the young people do not learn the indigenous languages anymore.
Don't think that all of Guatemala is poor. There are a lot of very wealthy people here. My neighbor is the richest man in all of central America.
He built the Miraflores mall and Tikal Futura hotel with pocket change. Very upscale and not like the slums malls have become in other countries.

>My neighbor is the richest man in all of central America.
woah

Attached: Richest Guatemalan Man.jpg (1200x800, 335K)

The city is 99 percent Kaqchiquel and they demanded retribution.
youtu.be/l_JdhswFpZI

Funnily enough there is a nation in south america called Suriname and they have about 1/3rd of their population being Indians from India

wonder how they got there

Attached: 32892.jpg (343x383, 18K)

Proof that catholicism is superior to protestantism.

LOL, no this guy has more money than God.

Do they stop identifying as indigenous when they only speak Spanish?

not him but just wanted to ask seeing as you don't see a Guatemalan every day

didn't you guys vote to steal half of Belize's land earlier this year?
how is that going?

Please fucking no

Protestantism is very unstable and evangelicals are the worst at secularism next to Islam not to mention the conmanesque way of conducting themselves.

I'd rather 40k Imperium worship than them.

What the fuck do you even base any of this on?

I thought Guatemalan Spanish sounded different. It sounds the same as ours.

Anyway, pretty cool desu. Are indigenous people usually Protestant or Catholic? Are there any racial tensions with non-Natives?

Oh wait, they accused him wrongly....
Lol wtf, why didn't you mention that part?

Is your neighbor Motta? Because last time I checked, he was the richest man in Central America.

That's a good question. They still identify as whatever tribe they belong to. The girls and women still wear whatever clothing designs are particular to whatever tribe they belong to. Not so much the men and boys, except for special occasions.
But the kids are like kids anywhere. Addicted to their phones and social media.

Attached: b7020a74156cf75e0a79dc3a335d96a5.jpg (640x427, 84K)

>So you're happy about it...?
Let's see now...counterfeit Orthodoxy (Catholicism) that has turned faith into Talmudic legalism is on the decline, so it may seem good. On the other hand, we have americlap proteshits that are either so insane that they believe that hell is located in the center of the earth, or are "feel good" libtard McChurches with faggot """marriages""", rejection of sacraments and so on.
I would support Catholicism in this case, but both are trash, tbqh

Attached: smuglilim.png (438x426, 106K)

What are Protestants like in Ecuador?
>80.44% Catholics
>11.30% Protestants
>1.29% Jehovah's Witnesses
>6.97% Other
>7.94% Atheists
>0.11% Agnostics

I should know since I was in one for a very short while.

Look up G12 in Colombia.

Basically a pyramid scheme, that splits like a nuclear reactor and is VERY embedded in politics.

Why is orthocuckxy even a thing lol

Attached: our-world-is-astonishing-just-the-thought-that-the-food-22150149.png (500x829, 243K)

Aren't all of them Mayan?

Are't people in the communities worried about the loss of their languages?
There are different kinds of Maya

Interestingly enough, there are Orthodox missionaries in Guatemala and the total Orthodox population makes up 3.1% of the total.

Guatemala is the only country in Latin America where this is a thing, I think, who knows why.

If you wanna read more about it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Guatemala#Eastern_Orthodox_and_Oriental_Orthodox_Christianity

As the OP said. Evangelists are making headway among the indigenous people. Where I live is mostly catholic, but the neighboring village has the evangelists blaring their music on the weekends.
Yes, there are tensions between Latinos and indigenous. Not as bad as it used to be I understand. But I have seen it. A friend of mine is Tzutuhil and once the waitress in a pollo campero didn't want to serve him so pretended she didn't understand him. I don't have much trouble. I speak Quiche, Tzutuhil, and Kaqchiquel. But overall I have found the indigenous to be friendly except for an ass hole or two.

There are 26 Mayan dialects

>30 000 Quetzales
How much is that?

Yeah, I used to think the same about Salvis, Hondurans and Nicaraguans until I met them. They have an interesting accent.

Are you Indigenous since you speak their languages?
Are there any religious tensions?
>except for an ass hole or two
What happened?

There have been Evangelitards here who claimed they could make it rain gold. And I mean, litteral gold dust falling from the sky.

>They have an interesting accent
Aren't you saying the opposite of what I said, then, though...

No? Im talking about other Central Americans not Guatemalans.

It's about 7.2 quetzales to the dollar now. I think. It changes but usually is pretty stable.

Lots of Mormons, some churches for the Diaspora German/American/British, and lots of local ones that are funded from other countries that send foreigners here to stand outside schools and hand new testaments. I had to translate for an American Evangelical talking to Catholic military members and I was having a heart attack.

I think you misread my comment, then.