What's his problem?

What's his problem?

Doesn't he want to sell Italian cars and farming equipment to Canada?

He also doesn't want to buy cheap Iranian gas.

Attached: keijo.jpg (658x439, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2017/october/tradoc_156148.pdf
trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2017/october/tradoc_156169.pdf
ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ceta/ceta-explained/#food-producers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_products_with_protected_designation_of_origin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does he hate Canadians?

Attached: Ceta.jpg (800x2000, 582K)

Before CETA, machinery had 10% tariffs. Cheese quotas were doubled.

>Canadian merchandise imports from Italy continued to increase, growing 8% to reach a total value of $8.15 billion in 2017, compared to $7.54 billion in 2016. Machinery, vehicles (led by parts and motors) and beverages were the top three categories, accounting for almost 40% of total imports from Italy. Italy ranks eighth in the world and third in Europe as a source of imports to Canada.Italy is Canada’s 12th-largest export market in the world and the 6th-largest in Europe. In 2017, Canada’s merchandise exports to Italy were valued at $2.3 billion, and merchandise imports from Italy were valued at $8.1 billion, making Italy Canada’s eighth-largest merchandise trading partner globally. Pharmaceutical products, mineral fuels and oils, and machinery were the top three products Canada exported to Italy in 2017, amounting to 49% of total exports to the country. Highlights in 2017 included a surge of 78% in the value of mineral fuel and oil exports, which reached a total of $424 million; a rise of 35% in the value of oilseed exports (led by soybeans), which reached $147 million; and an increase of 71% in vehicle exports, totalling $29 million.

>Canadian merchandise imports from Italy continued to increase, growing 8% to reach a total value of $8.15 billion in 2017, compared to $7.54 billion in 2016. Machinery, vehicles (led by parts and motors) and beverages were the top three categories, accounting for almost 40% of total imports from Italy. Italy ranks eighth in the world and third in Europe as a source of imports to Canada.

Attached: Merlo in Canada with Manulift.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

old news. completely justified decision btw.

>led by machinery and vehicles
>CETA will drop the 10% tariff making it easier for Merlo, Iveco and Alfa-Rome to compete

>Doesn't want cheap Iranian gas

>Italian agriculture products will be easier to export to Canada with larger quotas on Cheese

What's the problem?

canada makes a lot of cheaper food products of inferior quality because of different regulations between canda and the eu, also tons of fake italian products.
so for italy there is way more to lose than to earn from that deal.

I don't know about the iranian gas.

it's against g*rmany

trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2017/october/tradoc_156169.pdf
Italians are protected.

And now Italy can export more superior Italian products to Canada. Machinery and cars produce much higher profit margins than food. Why doesn't France see this as a problem?

>How can such a dominance of the Merlo brand be explained? Merlo was the first to launch the Roto range with rotating turret in 1991, while some of its competitors still had traditional telehandlers with wheels of different sizes. That technological delay can be explained by a lower investment into research and development by other companies. Merlo invested 8 percent annually versus 2-3 percent; this effect is still visible today.
Merlo would save instantly 9,5 percent on tariffs.

It's against your heavy industry.

>canada makes a lot of cheaper food products of inferior quality because of different regulations between canda and the eu,
What's the problem here?

>also tons of fake italian products.
Which can't be sold in EU? CETA expands EU type protection for lots Italian products in Canada.

>

>There'll be limited quotas for a few sensitive products such as beef, pork and sweetcorn for the EU and dairy products for Canada. CETA won't open up the market for poultry or eggs in the EU or Canada, and it'll respect the EU's entry-price system.

>All imports from Canada have to meet EU rules and regulations on technical standards, consumer safety, environmental protection, animal or plant health and food safety (including rules on GMO's).

ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ceta/ceta-explained/#food-producers

His thing is to be angry. It's how he was elected.

Jesus fucking christ why do people still think populists know what they're doing

>It's against your heavy industry.

g*rmany already destroyed it with its euro

Attached: euroit.png (645x483, 301K)

Then why is Merlo for example competitive? They will make more money right off the bat in Canada supporting Merlo and Iveco.

wtf is this merlo lmao

I don't know about that, since our parties are generally very pro free trade, etc. and they usually also don't care if people are being fed shit.
you are a polentone, aren't you?

An example of Italian machinery exported to Canada. I'm guessing Ivecos, Alfas, Fiats are known.

we will block everything untill g*rmans pay for their crimes

c*Nadians are amerimutts little good doggy boys

*spits*

I couldn't care less about that desu.

>Gets offered a boost for Italian industries
>We'll block this because Germans
Idk what to say.

don't worry mehmet, I mean real ethnic germans, you aight

>“We will not ratify the free-trade treaty with Canada because it protects only a small part of our PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) and PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) products,” Centinaio told the newspaper.
>Of the 28 European Union countries, Italy has the most food products with PDO and PGI labels, including Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Prosciutto di Parma ham. Under CETA, Canada has recognized more than 40 Italian PDO and PGI labels out of a total of 292 for the food-obsessed country.

>CETA puts the environment center-stage
>except for Oil Tycoon Trudeau's oil projects
kek

I wonder if Canada is going to screw Europe on dairy as much as they screw us. Obviously milk isn't going to cross the ocean, but cheese and other products might.

I wonder if someone would like a 1% increase on 100, or a 10% increase on 1. Obviously the second is better, because it's a bigger percentage!

>Finland is somehow #1 or #2 in Europe for math

I didn't realize that Italy was France-tier in terms of terroir and protectionism

>Americans whining about protectionism
Also, unlike America, Italy and France have a lot of cultural heritage that's protected because these products have built up a reputation over literally centuries. The reason why only champagne from the actual Champagne region can bear that name (and why "California Champagne" is bullshit) is precisely because of the reputation the sparkling wines from that region have built up ever since the days of the earliest Capetian kings. Likewise, Prosciutto di Parma dates back all the way to the Roman period. These products have become so worldfamous, they're brands in and of themselves. At this point some faggot in Ohio making third rate ham and advertising it under the name the Italians have built up over centuries is no more than false advertising, if not intellectual property theft.
>B-BUT OURS IS BETTER MUH MICROBREWERIES
Yeah, and Nike shoes come from the same sweatshop as the Lidl home brand shoes.

some farmers are asking for protection especially wheat in which canada is more competitive I think (they have huuuge fields) while we in Italy are cucked. We truly need to bring colonialism back

Or, get this, we can all get cheaper grain and the Italians grow something else.

He's a total brainlet, like his supporters.

He is a retarded terrone desperately trying to stay relevant in a government that already cucked him

How about you go fuck yourself?

Machinery, automotive, chemicals, textile and apparel outnumber food production about 10 to 1 on top of food production being heavily subsided.

What's you point?

il capitano is the one calling the shots

Attached: 244.jpg (912x1261, 250K)

Now the situation is that none is protected and they can make the world famous Moose Jaw Parmigiano. The GIs in EU won't be lifted and Canda isn't demanding any of their GIs to be recognized.

I was inclined to say that it was italian whining but you have fair point there. For instance, our champagne is not called champagne for the reason you stated, it's called "cava".

But when you go out of Europe, and particularly to these muh heritage places like Murica and Canada, it's a feast of high robbery of DOI and protected denominations.

So the Italians have the right to complain.

Also, it happened to us recently when Murica placed 30% tariffs on our DOI black olives because some amerifats in California wanted to prop up their shitty black olives production. We demand retaliation; ban Burgerland.

>So the Italians have the right to complain.
The Italians are getting more protection than before. So are Spaniards.

Well, because before there was zero protection.

From getting yourself highway robbed by goblinos to getting yourself highway robbed by goblinos a 40% less, well it's an improvement.

But still it's highway robbery and what itches the most is calling it a "trade agreement" as if everything is ok.

Imagine how SEETHING brussels must be right now.

Before there actually wasn't zero protection. Some products were already protected.

Most of these don't even have an English wiki page so I doubt the Red Deer Capocollo di Calabria is an problem. One of them is Finland tier, a potato. Are you saying these potato farmers are getting highway robbed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_products_with_protected_designation_of_origin

based&redpilled

No. What I'm saying is that if Canada was producing BMW engines without license, I'm sure the Germans would have demanded that shit be fixed or no deal.

The EU must protect European interests. All european. And if someone is producing fake european products then demand that shit be fixed or no deal.

>I was inclined to say that it was italian whining
:)

Well, the BMWs of Italian foods are protected on top of the actual automotive brands Ferraris, Alfa Romeos and Ivecos. Italy is getting instant money from the drop of the tariffs.

Defending Euro foods is part of EU defending European cultural heritage and it's important, don't get me wrong on that. The matter is a bit complex though, as your champagne example shows. It might be the same in Canada. Maybe some Italian started a company in Canada 100 years ago by making e.g. the cheeses from his home region. Now, he has to stop calling his cheese with the name that company has been using for a long time. And the in EU area these GIs stand.

Btw, without EU all these name protections would be BTFO in EU area and we would see Forssa's Parma ham. If this is so important I wonder how come the current Italian government is so anti-EU?

to hell with canada they are all faggots

based. fuck EU