Diaspora

So people living in [mother country], what's your countries thoughts on diaspora coming home? Family is from pick related but thread applies to any country

Attached: cropepe.png (580x675, 119K)

Depends on the country. I’m a türk and I can guarantee you that when I go back after finishing my masters, all the normies will think I’m crazy because they think it’s paradise here.

There's two brackets:

Our German/Scandinavian diaspora turns into Green voting vegan machines

Our British/French/Australian/NZ/American diaspora turns into turbo right wingers.

ayylmoa we're fucking everywhere
Are you coming to the dom tomorrow night? I'll buy you a karlovacko, m8

zds

haha fuckin hell which suburb you in mate? It's either the dom or croatian knights soccer club

Interesting that you guys are the same. I've had the same experiences with a fair few i've talked to

3029 mate.
I'm heading to the geelong dom with my gf tho.

I was thinking of going to the sunshine centre there next to the church, but I know more people down geelong way because of lado and north geelong warriors and shit.

you coming to church tomorrow at 11am?

I would but I've been rostered to read at my local church tomorrow. I'm further in at Essendon and my family lives around here, pretty tied in with the footscray dom and sunshine place. Good stuff though, can't wait till tomorrow night!

Oh no shit, you mean Melbourne knights in sunshine? My m8s and I were lookin for a place where we can watch the game with croats, if the clubs gonna be packed we could go there.

Yeah, but I'm not sure whether its there or at the one next to the sunshine church which'll be the big one. Either way facebooks probably got the answers. Regardless both will be packed i reckon

Bummer lad. You should involve yourself more at our churches. We always need young people.
The Sunshine church is now averaging like 3 funerals a week. It's sad. Within 10 years we won't have anyone sitting in the pews anymore.
And velečasni Luka is a great priest. He just moved from Geelong to Sunshine, and Josip moved from Sunshine to Geelong.

I'm not sure what Melbourne Knights will be like. But I know at the church hall in Sunshine, they've attracted pretty big crowds for the last few matches. Check the facebook page. Doors open 10pm, they have a Cro band playing there, bar will be open, short mass for the players at 11:30pm.

I'm just gonna sit at home and watch the game

Attached: uskrs.png (225x225, 8K)

>ywn be balkan/anatolian diaspora in Australia and go to the pub with your Turk & Croatian bros
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I remember like 2 or 3 years ago, I was at a big Croatian diaspora event here.
Some dickhead brought like 5 or 6 of his Lebanese mates, and sure enough, our soccer hooligans bashed the fuck out of them for fun.

if you're diaspora, don't be a poof. Come join us at the clubs.

Whoah I know a few croats who are cool with us türks but we don’t wanna get bashed. Might go to the church one to be safe lmao

to be fair the event was Croktoberfest.
Literally just an excuse for us young ones to get drunk af and get rowdy.

"no"

Attached: 1506864339398.png (420x420, 7K)

That's interesting, didn't know it was like that. Puts faith for me in anglo culture at least

There's a Finnish social club not too far from my suburb.
They built their own community sauna and shit. I'm thinking of paying them a visit soon.
yes
>faith in anglo culture
what culture? smashin a cheeky meat pie from the servo isn't culture

>Our German/Scandinavian diaspora turns into Green voting vegan machines
based

>what culture? smashin a cheeky meat pie from the servo isn't culture
it will be in 500 years unironically

dabogda cemo ih pobiti uskoro
aussies were a mistake
Australija je zemlja Hrvata

Well thanks anyway lads, without this thread I would have never known and we’d have missed out on a kino event. Seeya at the church if you’re there.

Attached: 2E45D48F-6D83-486A-A6F6-B6A9D967E9CF.jpg (271x271, 27K)

Any other good events through the year tho? There's croktober and this but I don't know anything else regular

How do I become Australian? You're all my cousins practically, since I'm from Dalmatia. There must be a cousin card I can pull?

t. livno
my family is from zagorje

>z*gorje
Howling

They should stay where they are.

see you later champ. Hope to see you around.
Sorry lad, we don't invite turks to our events.
zasto bi zelio doci u australiju?

Attached: 1502654347410.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

Our American diaspora votes for right wing parties, European diaspora votes usually for centre parties. Both diasporas are mostly bydlo immigrants, they are obnoxious, arrogant and brag about their "success" in the worst even though they're the lowest class there

I'm OP not the turk

Ja sam takodje hrvatska dijaspora ali bih hteo da se vratim kući u Hrvatskoj koju sam nikad imao...

nisam*

>zasto bi zelio doci u australiju?
Shrimps on the barbie, the great outdoors and more opportunities than Croatia

I will teach you how to do Balkan barbie, you just let me drive my bike across Australia. The freedom to unleash the inner Balkanite is all I want

I can't quite remember the statistic, but I believe of all the croatian diaspora that voted, something like 90% of the votes went to HDZ (right wing party).

If you were Cro, you'd know the other events lel. But even still, you have croktober, cro night on Christmas and Easter. You have Boxing Day Disco in Geelong. Then you have different zabave dotted throughout the year. Also, I think Geelong is starting to do Easter Monday nights again.

yeah fuck teach us how to do a good peka, we already know that.
We need language teachers tbqh. The standard of Croatian amongst the 2nd generation is shocking, and amongst the 3rd generation is nearly non-existent.

>we need language teachers
I'm a carpenter, luv

I’m not a drinking türk anyway lad so I’d give the other events a miss. This is a special one though and I like croats so we’ll join and support you guys.

Hello, d*plomat

Yeah its just with the christmas and easter ones I want to stay home and be comfy. The state of my stomach after babas food is too full

I think they're needed too so they'll give you a visa I think. The head of the unions here is cro, so just chuck a reference to John setka in the application and you'll get a visa easy lol

sorry lad. Try Germany.

>could speak decent croatian before going to primary school
>now only know swear words, basic greetings/phrases and half of the lords prayer

Attached: 20448940_1924577727782715_6004933902216687620_o.png (1631x1571, 48K)

i met a southern argentinian who had croatian descendants

>I want to stay home and be comfy.
I always said that and then I went to Cro night last Christmas, and then went to Boxing Day Disco the day after.
Honestly the best idea ever. If you're between 18 and 24, it's a great idea.

>so just chuck a reference to John setka in the application
>mfw

same. Learned Croatian before I learned English, then stopped speaking it once I hit primary school and forgot most of it. Only started learning it again 2 years ago.

Attached: dexter.jpg (512x512, 24K)

>moving to Almanya
I'd rather not. I've already got relatives in Germany, Switzerland, Britain, France, Austria and the U.K

My choices in Europe are limited. I would not want to meet them

Yes. I need to be a pioneer, so moving to Australia is a given, considering this: Radical steps.

I only know like 1 aussie croat who is this stereotype in real life. I have however met a lot of serb lowlifes with extreme right wing views here in Melbourne.

how did you learn it, through a school?
I would like to work in croatia for a year, but probably wouldn't live there.

Sorry mate. We're very strict about who we let into our community. If you don't finish every fb post with "zds", you aren't allowed in.
wtf how many of us are in this thread now? 3 or 4?
I learned it through a few books and shitposting on ex-yu groups.
Asking my parents to speak to me in Croatian has also helped.
Once I learned the basics of the grammar, actually remembering words and how to use them clicked in place.
I think the padeži (grammatical cases) is what fucks us up the most.

Attached: croatcringe04edited.png (505x747, 278K)

Danish diaspora arent considered Danish due to the cultural difference.
Expats might, but they will never be truly Danish again.

yeah I think my zagorje family gave me these year 6 croatian books but idk where they are, haven't been able to find them

I tried this course on memrise but it's been piss easy so far, so I don't have much motivation to go back to it. I'll probably lurk ex-yu or something.

the zds shit makes me laugh, I don't personally go sperging about it myself but I find it hilarious that no one cares

>Sorry mate. We're very strict about who we let into our community. If you don't finish every fb post with "zds", you aren't allowed in.
I don't have facebook, but I was born on the frontlines, in hinterland Croatia. I am a good Catholic who knows how to handle Kalashnikovs

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure there's an adult school hosted at the Footscray dom.
Otherwise if you're looking for something a little more informal, drop me a throwaway email account and I can send you a heap of resources I used in the morning.
I think I know the Memrise course. My gf (aussie) did it.
Jesi li ubio nekog Srba s kališnikovem?

Ne. Samo ljubav, braco

Eto. Ljubav može popraviti sve (a ne duše zlih Srba. Oni su predaleko od ljubav i milosrđe Boga)

I guess I'm an exception to the rule then

Hrvati su genocidan narod.

*isiječe ga srbosijekom*

heh, ništa osoblje klinče