In english you can't even specify whether you're referring to a paternal or maternal grandmother, grandfather...

>in english you can't even specify whether you're referring to a paternal or maternal grandmother, grandfather, uncle or aunt

why is english so extremely inexpressive?
english is really only suitable as a toy language that toddlers can learn quickly before picking up a REAL language.

Attached: golden LEL.png (330x319, 330K)

>why is english so extremely inexpressive?
Only primitive tribalist languages use specific terms for extended family relations.

If you want to be specific you'd probably say "my mother's mother" to refer to your maternal grandmother.

so what languages have a specific term for maternal/paternal grandparents, can't think of any

arabic has the maternal/paternal uncle and aunt distinction but not the grandparents one

>in english you can't even specify whether you're referring to a paternal or maternal grandmother, grandfather
But you just did.

>>in english you can't even specify whether you're referring to a paternal or maternal grandmother, grandfather, uncle or aunt
but you just did?

who cares my grandparents are dead as shit

I think what my swedish friend abdullah meant to say was that in English culture, a maternal or paternal aunt, uncle or grandparent has no significant relevance like it does in other cultures. Hope I helped, haha.

yeah but what are these "other cultures," aside from swedish I suppose

But your version is an ooga booga tier "mommom".

Hindi (among other north Indian languages) has separate/specific words for paternal and maternal grandparents, uncles and aunts

didn't know that, thank you

my aryan brother

Joke's on you. All four of my grandparents are dead so I no longer need to refer to them.

>you can't even specify whether you're referring to a paternal or maternal grandmother

How about "my maternal grandmother" and "my paternatl grandmother"?

>genderlets dont even give their chairs and tables a gender

>tfw my chair is a female
lewd desu

Danish has a neutral term: Bedstemor, bedstefar, and specific terms: Morfar, mormor - farfar, farmor.

>How about "my maternal grandmother" and "my paternatl grandmother"?

this becomes cumbersome once you start following a branch that spans multiple paternal/maternal lines

my maternal grandmothers paternal uncle's maternal ...

Attached: hat pepe.png (449x595, 54K)

plenty

all the germanic ones for one thing

>Morfar, mormor - farfar, farmor.

Attached: C1CC7A6B-5A3C-4D83-91DA-88B19F9ED091.png (600x497, 128K)

>tfw my female chair has my balls and ass resting on it for hours on end
lmao goodbye virgins

Lol

The problem with english is not its vocabulary, you brainlet.

desu I agree. English has a very rich vocabulary. it's probably my favourite thing about English

What is it then?

>all the germanic ones
except for German.
And English.

I like how expressive that sounds.

incoherent spelling

In German both desk and chair are masculine, but I have my hands on a female keyboard and mouse

>only one "uncle" word for both mother's and father's side
How can one manage?

>english is really only suitable as a toy language that toddlers can learn quickly before picking up a REAL language
Toddlers learn finnish faster.

>female keyboard
damn, you pushing all the right buttons ;)

>incoherent spelling
Oh, yeah I'll definitely give you that one.

>Uncle X
>Uncle Y

In Russian while official talk or if a person is older we're using the plural form.

can we blame this one on the french like we do for everything else english fails at?

What other languages have as big a vocabulary as English?

Fucks your problem ripping our language you've got bigger problems than not being able to do whatever you are dribbling on about in English. Your fucking country is on fire

Attached: 8126359221_a1a49a0789_b.jpg (480x640, 160K)

she's black and curvy

real italians do this as well

>Your fucking country is on fire
and I am able to express that with more precision than you ever will

>Russian has one word for sex and gender
>it's not one word with two meanings even, it's one word with one meaning

>I will meet with uncle X and my paternal grandmother the day after tomorrow

What an absolute shit-tier language

Attached: 1526044089362.jpg (776x678, 133K)