Why are beans and rice so popular in Latin America?

Why are beans and rice so popular in Latin America?

Attached: D8BBB177-194D-4E07-B611-DA122A287D85.jpg (1463x1094, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thespicehouse.com/spices/eastern-european-spices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Third world food. They aren't popular in the Southern Cone.

it's cheap

Yo dude I heard you liked carbs so I put carbs on your carbs which you can then wrap in carbs.

>he fell for the carbs meme
Enjoy Atkins and the ass cancer that will follow you ignorant band-wagoner

I feel like it tastes like nothing

I dunno I live in Maine. Never had it

It taste good but it gets old pretty quickly though

Beans ain't popular here.

nutritious and cheap

and much better than burgers and tacobell

>I feel like it tastes like nothing
>Never had it
what a dink

It just doesn’t sound like a natural combination

Branston >>> Heinz.

Attached: Branston Baked Beans.jpg (960x960, 134K)

I only ate it in east africa sometimes with some meat or fish. I guess it is easy to store and transport beans and rice especially in a hot climate.

>Why are beans and rice so popular in Latin America?
It's an inexpensive food, yet provides adequate calories and is a complete protein.
It can be easily dressed-up with any number of spices.

By what metric

They put seasoning in it

AYO DIS NIGGA EATIN BEANS

If you know how to flavor the beans well, beans and rice can be delicious. I make about $70k and I eat this sometimes because I enjoy it.

Do you season the rice? The beans or both?

Chili is a big deal here dude

Not him but the rice is mildy seasoned and fried, and the beans are usually stewed in spices or rarely with bacon.

both

>chili
>rice

Don’t most people eat it with bread or chips?

Sometimes it's eaten with crackers, but for the most part it's eaten alone in a bowl.

With beans, over rice

It is known

Attached: download.jpg (1000x723, 912K)

because we don't have money to buy food, so better eat something cheap and filling to endure the daily struggle for a living

Who the fuck eats chili with rice? That sounds Communist

This

A cheap source of carbs and some proteins

canadians eat it with crackers, i always thought itd be better with rice

they're cereals

Average Colombian has rice every day on lunch.

Beans... depends, not really. My mum makes beans once every ten days or so.

Relative poverty forces them I suppose, and it provides the basic blocks of nutrition. But it is tasty if you season them right.

What are some good Anglo-Saxon seasonings to put on it?

>Anglo-Saxon seasonings

Attached: fgggh.gif (176x216, 492K)

warm water

>I guess it is easy to store and transport beans and rice especially in a hot climate.
therefore cheap and thats why is popular in 3rd world like mexico

This.

unironically enjoy this stuff. it feels like one of the healthier and more balanced meals to come out of latin america.

Attached: prato-de-comida-arroz-feijão-alface-tomate-file-de-frango.jpg (640x400, 34K)

Wholesome and cheap. With a plate of rice and beans, you can survive an entire day

What's an Anglo-Saxon seasoning?

water

A dash of salt with a splash of lukewarm water

Are you Anglo-Saxon?

Ketchup

Salt and pepper because wypippo can't handle anything else :^)

No we don't, it tastes like beans and rice.

Also we usually eat red rice rather than white rice.

tastes good, healthy and cheap

canned or dried beans? if dry, how long should they soak?

All night.

thx for the info.

beans and rice are also very common here.
why does everyone think people eat them just because they are cheap? what would be the alternative if money wasnt an issue?

Attached: Arroz-de-Feijao-SI-2.jpg (470x313, 59K)

Most poor people would eat lobster and filet Mignon every day if they could.

so you just eat a piece of steak and thats your meal?

Have you ever been in a restaurant?

frijoles charros
uma delicia

Attached: Frijoles-Charros.jpg (2000x1335, 246K)

frijol con puerco uma delicia

Attached: Frijol con Puerco.jpg (912x622, 171K)

Poverty food

thespicehouse.com/spices/eastern-european-spices

These are most of the spices used traditionally in Europe (including Anglo-Saxo, the land of the Anglo-Saxons). Except for vanilla, that comes from America iirc

Paella is literally rice and beans

>thinking ytpepo can handle pepper
OH NO NO NO

Thanks for showing them the way lol

Looks really good user

Is this satire?

That's black beans with smoked pork on the right, right?

what do you eat it with?

What's happening in that left bowl ? Is it a mortar and pestle ?

>eastern-european
>Anglo-Saxo
you better be trolling, nigger

Wtf, where do you retards think the ancestral lands of the Anglo-Saxons was?

yes, I used to work in one. My whole family works in the restaurant business.
Unless its seafood, the dish usually comes with a side of something if it isnt part of the dish already. Having money doesnt stop people from eating rice. Instead of eating canned tuna with rice, they eat steak with rice.
same goes for pasta, potatoes, beans

Attached: OKarroz-de-pato-1126x500.jpg (1126x500, 157K)

It's not funny anymore.

How the fuck did rice get to Europe and Latin America? Doesn't it mainly naturally grow in Asia?

>beans
>lentils
>chickpeas
if you dont eat some of this a week your country is garbage tier

Money is not an issue in my family and we have rice and beans once or twice per week

They are pretty popular in Quebec and Massachussets, how are they not in Maine?

Attached: bandejapaisa.jpg (1024x768, 152K)

So Anglo countries are garbage tier?

Just boiled pork, the color is given by the natural pigments of the black beans.

Yes it's a mortar, stone mortars are still used here because:

A) You can make traditional sauce, keep some texture and not just liquid

B) You're poor

C) Both of the above

are you a real human bean?

Rice grows everywhere. In southern Europe it has been a main staple for centuries in dishes like Paella in Spain or Risotto in Italy. Spaniards and Portuguese brought that crop to Latin America. It is basically the most consumed grain in Northern south America, the Carribbean and Brazil

Obviously, anglos are only made for trade

Yeah but that doesn't really look like a sauce there's big legume parts and stuff

also tagging for you because you messed up

North America does everything better EXCEPT for cuisine. I eat all of those things every week but they are meals I have culturally appropriated from the third world.

By itself, like a real American does. or if you're in Ohio, with noodles

this is our go to dish basically
beans are l337

Attached: 1530379768664.jpg (250x229, 8K)

thanks, now im hungry

not popular here

I guess stupid people think "rice and beans" and just assume it is plain rice with plain boiled beans. If you know what you are doing you just treat the rice and beans as a base. I've got money too and I also have rice and beans often. (I am an oldfag and I try to eat some vegetarian meals for health reasons, trying not to get the same health problems that started with my dad when he was my age). Rice, beans, vegetables, spices. This can be turned into a great meal by anyone who has even the slightest idea about how to cook properly.

Protein

That is the latino dish

Mexicans don't eat that healhty

>It is basically the most consumed grain in Northern south America, the Carribbean and Brazil
Add Asia to this and it must be the most consumed grain in the world by a huge margin.

We do, it's kinda common. But tacos and fried food are way more common.

I thought tacos and burritos were an American invention and that you people just subsist off heroin and tequila.

How do Canadians survive the winter when they're this braindead?

I tought maple and leafs were an American invention and that you people just subsist off CLUBBING BABY SEALS ON THE HEAD WHAT THE FUCK CANADA YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FIRST WORLD

I hope pic related explains it. Also, it's time for you to go back.

Attached: cnw.jpg (406x572, 23K)

Seals are just ice rats that need to be controlled. If allowed to procreate without any control they will destroy the ecosystem and wipe out fish stocks. Trust me these things are not endangered. But unlike rats the seals taste good and their coats make for good boots and jackets. What is wrong with this?

That's what a traditional Mexican salsa looks like: it doesn't drip, you can feel its texture

>Seals are just ice rats that need to be controlled
They seem more like ice doggos to me, they look kinda cute. I can understand them being annoying but hitting them with a club, seriously? What's next? Beheading them? Hanging them from bridges?

I think because beans are cheap and rich in protein. Not the only place they are popular in.

The club has a hook in the end which ideally delivers a quick blow to the brain which kills them pretty much instantly. That hook also makes it easier for the sealer to drag the carcass to the boat. Efficient, right? Although these days a lot of sealers just shoot the animals in the head, also a quick death.

Oh.. I tought you just beat them until their brain was just a grey pulp. Sounds better, keep killing those cute sea dogs then.