Is the United States an empire?

Is the United States an empire?

Attached: 64EE759E-5A4D-44B9-B13A-148996D6A030.jpg (680x489, 108K)

it's an empire of decadence which i will soon bring to the heel

>The United States of America (USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.
I'd say no.

let me think

Attached: 800px-US_Yokota_Air_Base_1_Tokyo_Japan.jpg (800x599, 100K)

Why dont you guys want us there? Genuinely curious

it's obviously colonization by any terms but seems our people LOVE it, I stopped to think something.

I feel like it’s more we get a launching pad into China, and you get U.S protection. Our relations are a lot more mutual than with other nations that are obvious we exploit. I’d daresay it’s more of a good thing. If you’re worried about American culturural influence, well, that’s an argument that makes more sense

They are the empire of satan.

In everything but name.

We allowed your independence at the end of our war, seems pretty pious if you ask me.

Literally impossible

yes
you are lying to yourself if you think it isn't:

palau
micronesia
marshall islands
american samoa
mariana islands
guam
puerto rico
virgin islands
hundreds of foreign military bases
guantanamo bay
hawaii

plus several other colonies we held in the past

it has military control of the space and seas
but failed to become the only power (sad because they got every advantage)
so eventually it will be replaced
what does it serve beeing the top military power if you cant use it?
right now their influence is weakening
how fast is yet to be seen

>what does it serve beeing the top military power if you cant use it?
t. half of country stolen by america

Those aren't colonies they're literally glorified naval bases. There's not a single place outside of the 50 states that've we've actively "colonized" like Europe did.

invade china
go ahead
literally the only way you will be able to stop them

Sure thing kid, I'd already be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every time I've heard this statement in the last 30 years. Call me when the US stops growing.

call me when china collapses

*bullies an easy target*
The mighty American empire!

Puerto Rico is the only place in the world still labeled a colony by the U.N and it’s owned by the U.S so no, they’re not glorified military bases. Your opinion on what you “think” they are doesn’t change what they actually are.

Bullying an easy target is how every empire grew dumbass. That’s inherent to the foundation of an empire.

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth not a colony

if puny outposts count as an empire, britain and france are fucking behemoths

I know, but going for low hanging fruits isn't something you should brag about.

>north korea is a democratic republic

going for low hanging fruits made the US a global superpower stronger than any other country

>global superpower
>can't conquer a rice field
LOL

Attached: president-ho-chi-minh-of-the-democratic-republic-of-vietnam-1950-picture-id170972584.jpg (761x1024, 246K)

An Empire is just just government with a diverse group of people, and land disconnected from its original source.(like islands or colonies)

You two never stopped being empires by definition, but you stopped being large and important ones.

Vietnam war was just a testing ground for the U.S gov. and all their new toys.
War was only lost cause hippies got tired of people dying

Besides, we both know we could’ve easily nuked them at point so it’s not an inability to beat them, but the way we beat them.

eh
hippies got tired of people dying BECAUSE we were losing the war

as long as britain and france have among the biggest GDPs and best militaries in the world and, like, other actual measures of importance and stuff, we won't stop being large and important. i understand if that's too much thinking for your american brain though

Attached: 1496396997252s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

They lost 1 million men
We lost 60k
>losing

Large and important EMPIRES, dumbass. I can understand if reading is a little bit hard for you, I have a slow cousin just like you.