That 1500 year old boomer who still puts extra u's in his words

>that 1500 year old boomer who still puts extra u's in his words

Attached: uk.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stepfeed.com/20-arabic-words-that-are-now-french-slang-6265
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>write centre
>spell center

Attached: 1287253063948.png (400x366, 293K)

do you know the meaning of the word spell

we don't have some weird streak of arbitrary francophobia like you

>that 250 year old boomer who doesn't understand basic geography

Attached: file.png (626x269, 32K)

colour
honour
armour
behaviour
neighbour

Well, what can I say, I like it better. And now that I know it pisses off some people, I like it even better.
So I shall endeavoUr to persist.

But... I mean no offenCe...

How do the french pronounce -re?

Yes, my bad. Additionally, I also know how to formulate quick questions correctly, you should try that.

Attached: 1259003632882.jpg (772x726, 67K)

reminder that England is rightful Frisian clay

Attached: Ostfriesenpepe.png (785x757, 113K)

The e is silent,you just stop at pronouncing the r, life if you had something stuck in your mouth.

Attached: 0500603349.gif (320x240, 54K)

-ruh
With a gargled r

The final 'e' is silent
So in this case "centr".
Just like saying 'central' in English and stopping before the 'al' part.

England belongs to the Nords!

wrong -- sad!

Queen Elizabeth is a descendant of Rollo

What do you intend to do with it? when we Normands conquered it, William had to force his barons to spend at least part of the year on their newly gained English lands, or relinquish them.
Some preferred the latter option, and went back home in France, abandoning what they had fought for in the conquest.
They just couldn't stand living there.

Americans aren't francophobic. Hard to be -phobic of a place you can't point to on a map innit.

>check the Jow Forums Jow Forums archive
>Australian flags prefer British writings, obviously
>but Canadian flags prefer American writings
Is "canadians are chinks" meme real? I don't think there are so much Americans in Canada.

enough!
eala frya fresena

Attached: Frij Frysk Frosk.png (785x757, 54K)

Attached: FROM MY POINT OF VIEW AMERICANS HAVE ACCENTS.jpg (656x369, 34K)

And so am I.
Actually I'm probably something like 8354th in line for the throne of England.
With an adequate supply of Russian poison, I could be King of England in 10 years, after 8353 kings had mysteriously died.

Of course, people would wonder why the carnage stopped precisely at me... but I'll them that Putin tries to frame me.

>Americans write "license" instead of "licence"
Baffling.

>love the French for giving you a country, but then immediately erase them from the mythologised revisionist view you take on your own independence
>hate the French for being French and arbitrarily take letters out of words so that they're 'simpler' and not vaguely French-looking, which instead just makes your own "version" of the English language look uglier than proper English
>insist that herb is pronounced 'erb though because that's the French way
>hate the French again because of them anti-Freedom, Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys won't join our oil wars, rename French Fries to Freedom Fries as the saddest "fuck you" ever
>love the French again because oldest ally! Except uhhhh they didn't do anything lmao fuck off France USA USA USA... but still oldest ally... except fuck you we'll still mutilate our own language just to spite you

My point is - it's spelled colour, pronounced herb, and you need to know where you actually stand with the French. You can't just be arbitrary and change your stance on a whim. You can't just cut the 'u' out of words like you've cut off your foreskins. Stop mutilating things.

England belongs to the Welsh.

Hahaha, they're exactly like the English in these aspects.
And I do mean "English" not "British", in case you're Welsh as your post implies.

As for the "ally" thingy, just like the English, the Americans can't be trusted, but in some wars any ally will do, so if the English and/or Americans show up, it's still good news. Not everyone can be the Scots, sadly...

England can belong to everyone, you can all take turns with her.

Attached: 1445581252771.gif (354x534, 208K)

>My point is - it's spelled colour, pronounced herb
Nope

>we don't have some weird streak of arbitrary francophobia like you
How could you fear or hate a people that haven’t existed for more than a millennium?

>tsundereland being honest for once

We write “car” instead of “motorized rollingham”
What’s gotten into these people

>he says "car" instead of motorised rollingham

Attached: 1502315473751.jpg (682x600, 84K)

It's called "English", so "England" decides. Duh.
Canadians or Africans don't have their say about the French language, either.
The immortal Académie Française makes the rulings, in all its infinite wisdom and exquisite scholarship.

Attached: Académie_française.jpg (288x400, 36K)

I'm sorry, but the american simplification of english is so retardedly done and inconsistent, that it just comes across like a bizarre joke

>meter - a device for measuring things
>metre - a unit of length
and yet you americans decided "yup, we're spelling them both the same way!"
are you insane?

then you go and change centre to center, and theatre to theater
BUT
you don't change acre to acer, or mediocre to mediocer

and then for some reason you spell arse like a donkey

I bet you say gun instead of "blackpowder shot-spewing styck", too?

Those colonial rustics...

No one uses the unit of length meter so it’s spelling isn’t important enough to change

>gotten

Attached: 1498417533521.png (183x275, 4K)

Actually the language is American. British is just a dialect of it just as Occitan is just a dialect of French despite being older than it

In properly working colonial systems (like ours), the metropole decides and the savages obey.
Here, sorry but it's your fault for letting the Americans go wild. Bet you were too drunk to watch them properly.

When a Senegalese can't properly spell a word, it's casual flogging for him and then he copies it a hundred times to remember it.
Those who survive are well-read. Some even write books.

how about
tire and tyre
as in, I tire of this charade, and my car has 4 tyres (and a spare)

and yet in america they're both "tire"
yes, you'll never mix them up, but it's an unnecessary simplification

also metric is used for some things in america

Both meter and metre are ways of measuring things, it’s nice to have them the same because you see a connection.

Americans actually use both spellings of theatre...it’s complicated. A “theater” is the physical place/building where the show takes place. But if you say “the theatre” you’re referring to the realm of work sort of. It’s a grander concept.
“He works in theatre” or “He works in the theatre” means “he’s a trained actor who performs onstage” or “he writes plays”
“He works at a theater” means he bags popcorns and sells tickets.

>British
>a language

That's the problem with those English, they didn't invest in the education of their savages.

>British
And you speak "Brutish" I suppose? would suit you uncultured boors

I blame german immigrants for that actually.
Their language is literal and phonetic. And large swaths of the country had few native English-speakers for a century.

Attached: 834C7563-5BA8-47EC-BE14-C7F90A139E79.jpg (1200x1200, 193K)

>English (simplified)
>English (traditional)
Should be a thing t bh

you fucking w0t m8

>.

Attached: 1510411232919.gif (411x488, 664K)

>that 1500 year old boomer who fucks up other people’s languages

Attached: DCBDE0C5-2C5E-4BAC-B021-93C50FD0DA81.jpg (650x433, 8K)

>English(relevant)
>English(gay)
ftfy

seeing lots of flags itt
what form of english do people in your countries usually learn and speak and write, proper English or US English?
not that there's all that much difference, but clearly there is a difference.

>new world hispanic emotionally identifies with US english
oh wow that's shocking

Yeah the Spaniards apparently did an even worse job with their colonies than you, seems their savages don't speak Spanish AT ALL.
I guess they were making siestas instead of watching their colonials.

I went to school in America, Nigel.
Just like I know people here that studied in the UK and speak with a British accent but not natively enough so it sounds awkward.

>Frenchman has the audacity to say that when French Africans butcher and even cuck the French out of their language.
Lel

Obviously you've never heard Africans speak French? or perhaps you don't speak French yourself?
They speak differently, true, but in a more formal way than usual in France.

It's like they spoke like Shakespeare characters. It is funny, in a way, but when comedians mock the Africans they're like
"Présentement, je suis dans l'affliction mon bon ami, que Dieu me prenne en Sa grâce"
and not "Oonga Boonga Zonga".
Like I said, we took good care of educating and disciplining them in our colonies. So when they come to work here in France, they already speak excellent French. Not the horrible mumbo jumbo the Americans made out of English.

You didn't get to choose, but it's tough luck if you ended up colonized by the Englishmen or Spaniards. They didn't invest in the education of their savages.

I like both things from both british and american. I like the -re endings and the way -tile is said. I said detail as DEE-tail all my life and just recently found out most americans say DUH-tail. LIke FU-tul instead of FU-TILE. But I hate the u letter in honour, valour, etc and think it looks nicer without it.

I learnt French by myself and never practice with anyone, but I can read and understand almost every normal sentence, and understand people if they speak slow. I tried respond in French to some fag on /v/ the other day, and he told me I was killing his language, but never criticized what I was doing wrong.

This is what I was talking about btw
stepfeed.com/20-arabic-words-that-are-now-french-slang-6265

american spelling might be superior, but the fact it's american negates it

-er and -or are more germanic. I've never heard DUH tail in my life.

Btw ask a Brit to pronounce "lieutenant"

I like how they pronounce -ham and -shire though.

I've only ever heard two of them, and educated people don't use them. Only street punks.

There's also "Franglais" which is injecting English words. Those are considered mistakes, at school you get minus points for using them, and if you don't stop you end up in a worst high school and then a worst university.

There are a few Arabic words that were enshrined in the French language long ago, though, when the Caliphate was a center of learning.
Like "Almanach", which made it in 1375.
Algorithme.
Algèbre.

Typically, scientific terms that were high-tech in the Middle Ages and begin in "Al".

And there are slangs, too.
"Verlan" is a slang, it's French with the syllabes spoken in reverse order.
Verlan L'envers (as in, the reverse side), see?

There's also "Javanais", which is French with randomly inserted "ja" syllabes.
But the purpose was for youngsters not to be understood by adults. It's not real French.

In case of doubt, there's the Académie Française, elected writers who decide upon the correct usages, a venerable institution several centuries old.