How difficult is it to just go off into the wilderness in your country for a few weeks?

How difficult is it to just go off into the wilderness in your country for a few weeks?

Attached: cozy survivalist bed shed.webm (758x702, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRBhqO2Rf-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

safer than staying in the cities

well, first you'd have to find any

it's pretty easy to go into the wilderness

not so easy once you're there

a week back ago i went hiking with gf, we stayed at remote wild places where we could sunbathe and swim nude. it took at most 3 hours from waking up to getting there and setting up a tent and a fire etc.

Literally impossible, we have no wilderness

Isn't there some in Scotland and Wales?

you fugged her in the willdd?? :DDDD

wee fugd eactohered silly. (no really, forest fuck is best fuck!!! :DDDD :D XDDDD

There are remote places in England, Scotland and Wales yes but nowhere you could consider wilderness.
Country simply isn't big enough for that

Did you check her crevasses for ticks?

In summer? Easy. Plenty of food, water and shelter. Winter? Well, you gonna die.
I have deep, deep forests behind my house. Could literally walk out now and no one would ever find me.

the wilderness here can provide some challenges, specially in the colder months. The real struggle is to find enough food though. Even when you're hunting and fishing it is hard to get enough calories.

yeah, same here
kinda sad

>Could literally walk out now and no one would ever find me.
Do it

jaa. ei olnud ühtegi. aga ta leidis minult ühe... :S

I'm not sure what you would be eating for so long.

What happened to the black forest?

Nah, I have things to do tomorrow.

>I have deep, deep forests behind my house. Could literally walk out now and no one would ever find me.
I wish I had that too
Are you in the very north of the country?

Too easy. Our country is like 99% forests and lakes.
There is also a thing called "everyman's rights" which allows everyone to camp, pick berries and make fire etc everywhere, even if the land is owned by a private person. Not too close to buildings of course.

Attached: nade.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I live near it
there are nice and somewhat remote places there, but it's nothing were you could hike for days without seeing civilization
pic related is typical landscape for the black forest

Attached: IMG_20171015_135723_HDR.jpg (2080x1560, 499K)

I'm in the north yes.In the heart of Norrland.

Attached: NT_BIGPIX2_7.jpg (2160x845, 709K)

wonderful

you'll ned over a thousand berries just to cover your daily calorie needs

While we still have some wilderness, is not really good for even camping, and most probably you'll run into not so friendly people. Forget about it in the fucking North, you'll die of heat. While the South have the most natural threats, from mosquitoes to alligators.

Like the other user said, in summer it's pretty "easy" here. If you know how to fish etc. You'll survive.

But winter for us here in the north is not as easy.
6-7 months at least with far below freezing temps, no natural resources unless you dig down through 2 meters of snow.
At least you'll die in the beauty of nature.

Attached: Norrsken-1.jpg (1000x665, 465K)

Well there are 187,888 lakes full of fish

Attached: järvet.jpg (400x300, 25K)

nope, I live in scotland and I'm pretty much surrounded by wilderness

The biggest issue would be park rangers and USACE wrecking your dirt fort and telling you to leave.

"""Wilderness"""

It is quite easy if you are in the mountain range unless it's winter, you could die from the cold. While in the jungle region you can die from dangerous flora, dangerous fauna, malaria, etc.

Also, you can get killed by Ronderos (peasant patrols) if they find you in the wrong place in the wrong time, and they have the authority to murder you on the spot. This is a rare event (because Ronderos do not tend to kill suspects) but it has happened quite a few times.

You wanna know real wilderness?
Norrland here in Sweden. An area the size of England and Scotland put together. Nothing but forests, lakes, rivers and tundra.

How are the fires?

There's a lot of wilderness here, but you could end up encountering some... non-friendly people.

Fucking us hard. Just keeps getting worse. Right now there's like 80+ fires burning, not small ones either.
Even with the help of several countries it's still going.

yep and you need to track and hunt and literally do all that you can to get food. It's not an easy task at all. Nature is not a refridgerator where you just stick your hand in and grab some food. It's a full time job just to feed yourself

Here there's no end in sight to the drought and it's going to be 30°+ this whole week. I suppose it's even worse in Sweden?

The Scottish Highlands are among the least densely populated areas in the whole of Europe. Very easy to get lost there.

Käisite rabas või metsas?

very difficult, we don't have much water, our rivers are small, the only big lake we have is civilized so you can't really be far in the wilderness.
you could be in forests here but you won't find there food the gather becsue it too dry and mostly pines
>have deep, deep forests behind my house.
comfy desu, do you sometimes go hiking there?

Yep, pretty much between 30-33° for at least 10 days to come. Almost no rain and the few raindays we do have just brings thunder. And that causes more fires.

Right now the hope is that the fires will be out within a month.. But if the weather continues?

Attached: 14-svyle-18581553e068ea12521.jpg (700x394, 65K)

This is a big issue in the US too. People don't realize how high ash and burning embers travel upward. You can't just start a camp fire in the middle of a forest unless you want it burnt to the ground. You would be fined for doing this in a park anywhere but the designated areas. You would also need a permit to fish pretty much everywhere in the US.

I just got back from a 5 day hike, and didn't meet anyone, or meet any road.

Just because your part of the UK is a post industrial shithole doesn't mean the rest of it is

very easy
we have the best forests for hiking ask anyone
also they are bountiful with delicious fruits and berries all year.
they are among the most beautiful forests in the world because of the many mountains and waterfalls, we also have wolves now btw, but they are super friendly

>How difficult is it to just go off into the wilderness in your country for a few weeks?

V E R Y

I'm from Scotland you mug

>they have the authority to murder you on the spot.
Why?

"Just because your part of the UK is a post industrial shithole doesn't mean the rest of it is"

"I'm from Scotland you mug"

My point still stands

I know right but op said few weeks. You can easily manage to survive that time, at least in summer.

Just drive a few km outside your city and you're already in the wilderness.

From rural Scotland. The fact you're trying to convince me you hiked for 5 days and didn't come across so much as a road means I know you're lying.

Yep, open fires have been declared illegal right now and anyone not following this ban get's fined really bad.
But it doesn't help.
Right now the fires are fueling each other. One fire sends sparks and embers flying through the air, starting a new fire miles away. And so on.

I'd have to drive 4 hours to get to the mountains

Trap squirrels, rats, bunnies and hedgehogs, raid animalholes, collect berries and bird eggs (illegal unless starving to death), fish and put lines and nets, pick edible plants and mushrooms as there are thousands of them with same calories as salad. Most people could make it a few good months in the summer. In the winter you can only trap, icefish and eat tree bark and you also freeze and die of thirst in a few days

glen moriston - achanasheen

I kinda expected to meet some folks on the way, but no one was there

Because they are authorities on the same level as the police.

Since they have been proven to be efficient in combating guerrillas in the 80's, the Peruvian government have granted them a lot of power in combating crime while also providing them with guns.

In my region you'd have to go to a state park to do this. You can't hunt a lot of things here, in Brazil nobody hunts so you'll bring your food with you and maybe need a licence to be this much of time in the jungle. There are only strips of remaining jungle in comprison with past years down here in southeast. Brazil is very populated.
In the amazon you will be able to do anything in the wilderness, but you may find civilizations of natives and it's dangerous because of jaguars and wild pigs.

Attached: Cobertura floresta no estado de SP.jpg (553x720, 92K)

>Brazil nobody hunts

WRONG. You can get a license and go hunt hogs.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRBhqO2Rf-M

You wouldn't even need to do this if you found a nice lake in the US. You could catch enough trout in the early hours to last all day. Getting enough clean water would be a bigger issue. If you lived in areas with snow, this would be easier, but then you would have to worry about keeping warm enough.

I know it's possible, the argument is just that it's hard and not easy. Even survival experts struggle with it. The average person would go hungry.

oh I forgot to mention ther's a few people who does it, I'm sorry

the problem with only living on fish is that it's not a balanced diet, you'd get headaches and some other bothersome symptoms. So you would need to do more.

this is a more realist graphic than that other.

Attached: desafios-e-perspectivas-para-a-conservao-da-mata-atlntica-rubens-rizek-3-638.jpg (638x451, 67K)

I could easily do it for a few weeks.

yes. you are technically making it because you get back to civilization before you die

Not easy. Everything is palm oil estates now because of chinks (malaysian chinks supplies and mainland chinks demands). natives always poor despite getting gibs from government because cheater chinks always has their ways to trick the natives of their money and siphon out money and tells everyone else (internationals) that they're oppressed and wanted equal gibs as well and calls natives as lazy fuck. they're so rich that to the outsider, malaysian image is chinese ethnicity because only them and them alone can afford the luxuries to go outside, get best education and facilities while natives struggling to even feed themselves from the expensive things they (chink) made in economy. did I forgot to say that they're quite expert at tax evading and made it seems they're the economy drivers? a never ending circle that I wish to break it.

If you are completely alone it gets a bit scary at night tbqh

Attached: Olympic.jpg (564x374, 57K)

Just make yourselves all chinks

Easy

Fairly easy here in the eastern woodlands. My friends and I do it for a week each fall in F&I war British light infantry kit.

Attached: hunter gatherers.webm (500x278, 2.99M)

It's doable by the simple fact that finn and norwegians exist.

could literally camp in the bush 30 minutes out of Sydney

Just 40 minutes in a shitty bus

Easy

All large predators were hunted to extinction long ago.

>Nature is not a refridgerator where you just stick your hand in and grab some food.
You can dry and smoke fish and meat to last you a longer time though. If you managed to get a deer, you'd have food for a long time, or at least a reserve of calories while you focus on gathering from other sources. People have survived the wilderness here since the stone age, and though it's certainly going to be hard for some random guy to just walk out of his living room and start surviving in the wilderness with no equipment, it's probably not impossible.

Not at all.