/dixie/ - Southern US & Friends

BIG southern rivers edition

Previous thread:

Attached: 1522578430149.jpg (1024x853, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u_NfJRLT8NY
amazon.com/dp/B01F8EDDH4/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milton_(Florida_politician)
latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-secession-poll-america-20140919-story.html
youtu.be/wBp1EtBtG8g?t=142
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp/beyerdynamic/beyerdynamic-dt-880-pro/Beyerdynamic_DT 880 Pro_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp/beyerdynamic/beyerdynamic-t1/Beyerdynamic_T1_All_-_-_HDM1_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apalachicola river is GOAT

>Calicucks will NEVER EVER get this much water

>west coast is bes-

Attached: apalachicola.jpg (1920x534, 223K)

>Tell Ea-nasir: Nanni sends the following message:

>When you came, you said to me as follows : "I will give Gimil-Sin (when he comes) fine quality copper ingots." You left then but you did not do what you promised me. You put ingots which were not good before my messenger (Sit-Sin) and said: "If you want to take them, take them; if you do not want to take them, go away!"

>What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt? I have sent as messengers gentlemen like ourselves to collect the bag with my money (deposited with you) but you have treated me with contempt by sending them back to me empty-handed several times, and that through enemy territory. Is there anyone among the merchants who trade with Telmun who has treated me in this way? You alone treat my messenger with contempt! On account of that one (trifling) mina of silver which I owe(?) you, you feel free to speak in such a way, while I have given to the palace on your behalf 1,080 pounds of copper, and umi-abum has likewise given 1,080 pounds of copper, apart from what we both have had written on a sealed tablet to be kept in the temple of Samas.

>How have you treated me for that copper? You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory; it is now up to you to restore (my money) to me in full.

>Take cognizance that (from now on) I will not accept here any copper from you that is not of fine quality. I shall (from now on) select and take the ingots individually in my own yard, and I shall exercise against you my right of rejection because you have treated me with contempt.

Attached: 1519691917256.jpg (733x960, 67K)

that's legit real fucking neato. I love average joe accounts from history.

Attached: lake defuniak.jpg (1280x960, 447K)

this is my favourite country album (I'm white btw)
youtu.be/u_NfJRLT8NY

This is women's wallet. And I want this thing even though I'm male. Would it look weird if guy use this wallet?

Attached: wallet.jpg (1736x4856, 1.92M)

Based but weird.

Doesn't look very feminine to me. I'd say go for it.

I don't know about niplland but here you'd definitely get weird looks. Not because it's feminine looking, it just looks odd.

Daily reminder that Northern Virginia is basically part of D.C. and we should scecede from VA

Attached: NoVa_Image_m_1 (1).jpg (500x528, 81K)

Is this acceptable then?
amazon.com/dp/B01F8EDDH4/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milton_(Florida_politician)
>his governor didn't an hero after the civil war
yeah that would be fine but it doesn't matter what's acceptable an entire ocean away

Thanks for your advice and opinion, friends.

>Neo-Confederate, or Southern Nationalist, is a term used to describe the views of various groups and individuals who use historical revisionism to portray the Confederate States of America and its actions in the American Civil War in a positive light.
boy do I love Wikipedia's unbiased articles
Contents
no problem bud

Any time. just out of curiosity, is Japan pretty harsh on people who break from normal fashion styles or can you generally do what you want?

Why does virginia have so many independent cities ? It would make sense if they were big cities but even some small towns are independent

You can generally do what you want here. I guess fashion code is looser here than the west.

I have used a big wallet. But I got tired of carrying it. So I've been looking for some good wallet with small size today. Ones with good designs are expensive and inconvenient. Ones with convenient functions look weird.

Yeah, big wallets can be a pain. I usually wear cargo pants so it's not too hard for me to carry mine, but whenever I'm wearing jeans it gets pretty clumsy.

I just use one of them bifolds that runs longer so it pokes out of my back pocket just a bit, I like it.

On another note, anyone know where I could find info on the portion of each state that favors secession?

Sounds like it would be easy to pick-pocket.

And idk about individual states, but here's something on regions.
latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-secession-poll-america-20140919-story.html

never been something I've had to worry about. I live in the kinda place where people leave their cars running when they go into a convenience store.

Huh. I thought Florida was full of people playing GTA in real life.

absolutely fine

well, sure. But I'm native. It's like the whole "honor among thieves" shtick. You don't fuck with your own.

Thank you, Fin kun.

Trughs

Attached: 1534824063013.jpg (660x695, 98K)

youtu.be/wBp1EtBtG8g?t=142

Catholic saints are not saints.

>playing the game of count how many trucks/SUVs I see before a normal car
>spot a rusted out PT Cruiser on a lifted truck suspension
God bless rednecks

no shit Catholics are hipsters of Christianity, DAS RITE WE WUZ THE REAL CHRISTIANS, WE WUZ BURNING IN THE PURGATORY, WE WUZ FINNA GET THEM MONEY FROM EM SINS

>>spot a rusted out PT Cruiser on a lifted truck suspension
That sounds both horrifying and glorious.
I am conflicted.

Attached: 1529505293067.jpg (1000x1000, 304K)

Baptists are the bigger we wuzzers though.
Claiming that the Church before Constantine was like the modern IFB is very reminiscent of what blacks claim about Egypt and Israel.

bump

Attached: big iron.jpg (474x461, 37K)

/Southron Nationalist Agrarian Monarchy/

God Save our Southern High King!

Attached: trackingunionsoldiers.jpg (550x410, 56K)

Religions are gay poopoo

Don't deny the spiritual, Herault.

Attached: 1517979186852.gif (500x375, 357K)

(What about the sun?)
The sun's the blaziest (And the fields?)
Field's the daisiest (And the cows?)
Cows the graziest (And the help?)
The help's the laziest
The boys (are the wittiest)
The girls (are the prettiest)
Way back home

>Monarchy
No step on snek

I respect this.

Attached: DlI2GZzUwAA0TWK.jpg (712x960, 110K)

Attached: received_637386949979041.jpg (500x508, 35K)

The "will" of the mob is far more dangerous to liberty than a hereditary sovereign.

t h i s

Yep, with the current illusory democratic system the masses are far more pacified and malleable due to the ridiculous notion that an unsatisfactory or tyrannical leader can be deposed through peaceful legal means, while an unelected leader holds no such defense and is far more answerable to the society he governs.

Should be noted, too, that a sovereign who knows his offspring will inherit the realm is far more likely to improve it and leave it in better, or at least the same shape, from what he got it in.

Democratically elected officials have no such motivation. The only way they can get anything out of it is by plundering the public for their own gain, whereas a sovereign benefits from everyone benefiting.

Yeah but how about instead of swapping out for a slightly different kind of authoritarianism we just strip away the power of the state and let people be masters of their own will.

because that's dumb

No.

Attached: 1 (4).gif (350x263, 80K)

explain how it'd work better, then.

imagine being an authoritarian in any shape or form

Because no system like that actually exists. We had the foundation for it, but "the will of the people" has continuously encroached on individual liberty. You need a system of government which can justly protect demographic and geographic minorities, which I think is only achievable with a monarch who himself is not aligned with any particular "party" or "interest."

Tribal/colonial units of a few hundred people form micro-governments within the state and uphold justice within their communities as well as maintaining peace with others.
Basically just what Mennonites and all those guys did for most of their history.

All I am arguing is that mob-rule is the ultimate form of authoritarianism, at least for the majority group.

I am the lord of my plow, and my farm is my kingdom
I will not rule my neighbor, and he will not rule me
We stand together as countrymen and will defend one another against our aggressors

God wills it

Attached: Dakota Woman.jpg (900x707, 186K)

sounds like you know what you want, then. Just go join the Mennonites.
>implying monarchism is inherently authoritarian

Merely a shitpost that was, although I'm not religious

I don't know how I've never asked this, but do you speak Occitan?

I agree with your premise but not your conclusion. Rendering ultimate power to a single person and passing it down through their lineage will always go poorly.

GOOD post.

Yeah but I have long hair and don't speak high German so they won't let me. Also disagree with their theology a bit.

The monarch does have an interest though
Himself and his family
And certain parties can assist him in pursuing those interests

A bipartisan king is lauded king, but one who walks the finest of lines

Can't say I do unfortunately
I was born and raised in historical Occitan land but from northerner parents who moved there before my birth, so they didn't speak it and I wasn't raised with it.
Not that I know any single person my age who was raised with it anyway, even those whose family is rooted here. Grandparents will speak it but rarely the grandkids, or if they do it'll be out of interest later in life

It's not dying but not exactly thriving either

well that's a bummer but it could be worse
I just hate when any language starts dying out

I agree that ultimate power shouldn't be invested in a monarch. It IS possible for a monarch to be restrained by things such as law, constitution, or even decentralized, regional powers.

I personally believe that a "bottom up" approach is best (ie. sovereign beholden to regional powers). The sovereign's main purpose is just to keep one group of people from dominating another simply because they have more power.

His interest is to his family. And the best way he fulfills this interest is keeping his family in power and making sure the inheritance of his family is healthy. If he panders to one group over the other, the inheritance is not healthy and risks it either diminishing, fracturing altogether, or even losing it.

In closing, I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's some GOAT ideology or system. All I am saying is that "democracy" is arguably more destructive and authoritarian to demographic minorities, and simply having a voting majority doesn't make that right.

>buying a house four timezones away
>send purchase price to lawyer on friday
>get an email in the early morning
>where's the money?
>bank doesn't open for 90 minutes
>almost have a heart attack
>check with bank when they open
>say it's sent
>call lawyer
>oh, we were waiting for you to send it today
>yeah we got it on friday

don't normally drink this early

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 65K)

>>buying a house four timezones away
That's gonna be one doozy of a U-Haul ride.

Oh well every regional language here was strongly raped by the central government during the last 150 years, they still don't have any kind of official status within the country. That's right you'll see bilingual street signs, Occitan tv shows and little schools, but legally speaking those langiages still don't amount for shit
They aren't persecuted anymore since they're seen as great tools for tourism and since the goal of a unified French speaking France has been achieved but the damage is done

For better and for worse, after all thanks to those former brutal policies we don't have serious separatism going on and mostly everybody from the Belgium border to the Pyrenees identify as French.
The country was unified politically a long time ago, but even at the start of the Great War some soldiers couldn't even speak French to each others.

A huge mess and in total contradiction to the supposedly unity of the French people, you can see why regional languages were institutionally shamed by every official instances to remedy this

I have mixed feelings about this, I definitely see the logic behind it but at the same time many things could have been done differently

Occitan is alright thanks to the huge area it used to cover and the fact it's spoken as an everyday language in parts of Spain and Italy
Alsatian's alright because of the many many times the region was swapped between France and Germany which strengthened its idendity and grasp on the dialect
Breton is alright because idk, they just love their region and I guess they picked it up faster than other places once the persecution stopped
Corsican is alright because they blew shit up

More secluded dialects such as Picard and Dauphinois are more in jeopardy

Attached: 800px-Langues_de_la_France.svg.png (800x759, 425K)

thinkings of hyperspace

Attached: 1512306634642.png (557x498, 546K)

I don't really own much
other than some sport equipment I can fit everything in a car

yeah the states really fucked that shit after the civil war to try and promote unity
no more cajun french, no more new amsterdam dutch, shit like that
of course, english is still spiraling out here despite attempts at standard american english and whatnot
most new englanders can't understand a southerner when we talk fast, which means we have to slow down some, which means they think we're stupid, which breeds a hearty contempt that keeps southern english alive

why are the channel islands in colour?

Because Jersey islands dialect is very close to Normandy dialects and Oïl French, the place doesn't belong to us but France is one of the parents of their tongue

I suppose it's what went through the mind of whoever made this map anyway
It's not the only overlap on foreign borders the map features anyway

Besides local slangs I don't think communication is an issue between a southern and a northern French, but different accents are definitely a thing. Most famous ones being the southern one from Marseille and the far northern Chti one

on account of southrons being the true bulls in America, a lot of our linguistic quirks are bleeding out, such as ain't and y'all, but things like 'reckon' and 'fixing to' are still pretty much contained.

Had no idea 'reckon' was a southern thing in the USA
I also used to think stuff like ain't and y'all were just gangsta/hood type of talk found everywhere in the USA and not southern in the first place

The problem is that we've now got mass-media in the forms of television and the internet, to the degree that even radio never had; on these mass-media platforms there is a "correct" "American" English that is pushed, and this in concert with the educational system rabidly discouraging deviation from the accepted norm has really been doing a toll all dialects in the U.S.

yeah every once in a while I'll forget I'm talking to a northerner when someone asks for directions and I'll say something like "I reckon y'all will wanna head up 331 a bit before getting onto 83 cause they're fixing to do some roadwork" and on top of how fast I spit it out they just have no idea what I said.

boy i sure do love seeing this 15 year old crypto-yank's posts take up a third of the thread

thanks

none of them are that bad though

>wanna buy a lever action
>can't because bullshit post-parkland laws making the age to purchase 21
>NRA losing the suit
>probably can't even pawn off my old bolt action to cover some of it

Attached: jews did this.jpg (533x800, 164K)

>15
He posted his license. Him and Rapid are the same age.

i don't care, he still posts like a 15 year old

Stop being an anus. You're better than that.

Attached: 1525477608112.jpg (500x428, 146K)

okay but more importantly define how I type like a 15 year oold

I hear you like restricting rights to certain groups of people.

what? are you talking about how I mentioned the flaws of democratic republicism and how monarchism can answer some of them? Because I'm a pretty pro-freedom guy.

>have to fart
>in a completely silent lecture hall full of people
>feels like it’s going to develop into a shart
JUST

I never realized Brian Cranston had several guest appearances in Seinfeld

So is Bob Odenkirk

No I'm just talking about how people think it's okay to arbitrarily set age requirements on rights all adults should have. (21 for firearms)

Bob Odenkirk is just a great guy for small one off roles, like the mall manager in the League
where'd you hear I was fond of that?

Where do you have to be 21 to own a gun?

a little bit after Parkland Florida made it illegal to purchase firearms after 21, but you can still own them younger than that
I just need to patch things up with my dad if I want that lever action

got those headphones
refunding those headphones

the dt-880? why?

you do realize it takes like a week to get used to headphones

yours:
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp/beyerdynamic/beyerdynamic-dt-880-pro/Beyerdynamic_DT 880 Pro_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png

mine:
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/report/hp/beyerdynamic/beyerdynamic-t1/Beyerdynamic_T1_All_-_-_HDM1_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png

you see they are quite similar, and close to being perfect, just keep em for more longer, maybe you're used to being raped with bass

too quite
picked 250 ohm instead of 32 ohm because i was a fukken retart who thought bigger number means better

oh, shouldve listened to me reee

you can also buy an amp or get your dads old one lmao

i'd rather refund 200 dollars and respend 200 dollars than buy an additional 200 dollar item to be able to use the original 200 dollar item

sure