British Accent

I know there are a few British accents but there is one that I find particularly grating.
>hatred for the letter R at the end of a word for example, "-er" pronounced as "uh"
>everything sounds mumbled or garbled until it's punctuated with a sharp, long vowel sound such "huh-REE uh-loghng nau" "ahn-THRO-PO-LO-GEE"
>Emphasis seems to fluctuate every other word and sounds almost like mockery "heh-LO, how AH YOU doin TO-dai?"
>every digraph morphs into "oi" or "uh"
I have no idea what region the accent comes from but it's completely fucking grating to the point I kinda want to scream at the person to speak American after listening to them talk for a couple of minutes. The accent sounds like a drunk chav, but like it's trying to be proper.

Attached: big-book-of-british-smiles.jpg (802x802, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Z0CyB3UN18
youtu.be/rNMmVxhZP98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"stupid bong, speak my language correctly!"

Attached: 1534848307824.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

pretty much. it bothers me when foreigners can't speak the language properly.

No accent is the correct one for a language

I think you're talking about a west country accent.

Learn to speak English properly and it wouldn't be an issue.

wa'ah

Attached: limmy2.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Herro, prease Chang

*å-ʌ

t. Pronounces the h in vehicle but not herb

What's that supposed to mean?

youtu.be/2Z0CyB3UN18
youtu.be/rNMmVxhZP98

I don't mind the contraction of words by itself, it's the addition of some sort of weird fluctuating inflection combined with mumbling and sharp vowel sounds that set me off.

Due to the large, mostly Chinese, population in the Vancouver area Jow Forums posters often insist we are all Chinese. You might be from the Maritimes and have never seen an Asian person ever, and are farther from Vancouver than London is from Cairo, you're still Chinese here.

How about you stop overpronouncing the "r"s in your nasal fartspeak.

How-a about-a you stop-a adding an a-a to every-a freaking word-a, spaghetti nigger.

He's right. Stop butchering the fucking language is you are going to stubbornly refuse to speak Spanish. American English is a stain upon the Anglosphere and the sooner you guys piss off out of it, the better.

Oh my GAWD, you bedderrr stob bein rude and insulting my accend, pardner!
jus led me drink some waderrrrr and play cowadoody

>"pronouncing the letter "R" is too hard so I'm going to pronounce everything like I'm drunk all the time."
seriously, even Austrians with that fruity, effeminate accent sound better.

Hyeeeey myhan that's uuurrrm like uh youRRR O-pee-neon

>it's an "American with an inexplicable obsession with the UK makes a stupid thread" episode
you forgot to call them Britsharias and include something about TV licenses.

nope. not obsessed. I've just had the misfortune of having to listen to some british chick drone on in this accent for half an hour.

>pronouncing the r

Are you a pirate?

>slurring your words
I mean I know you're a bunch of gas huffing drunks, but that's no excuse for being lazy with the language.