Driving and owning a car is such an awful experience. I envy anyone who isn't forced to deal with it

Driving and owning a car is such an awful experience. I envy anyone who isn't forced to deal with it.

Attached: 2003_pontiac_grand_prix_gt-pic-2294312895632810053-640x480.jpg (480x480, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2dKSAecQiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Public transportation is worse.
>tied to schedules
>takes 1.5-3.0 times longer to get anywhere
>full of human trash

i've not entered a bus since i got my driver's license and first car in 2015
but my dad is paying the insurance and taking care of it when something is broken so i guess i did not have full car ownership experience yet

depends i love my car, i just hate other drivers and think 95% of them shouldn't be operating a vehicle

this
love my jeep

Id want to kill myself too if I drove a 2003 pontiac grand am

probably it
I had some old Nissan that looked like the interior of OP's pic and I hated everything about it

>Decide you want a car
>Get to a dealership where you have to play games and be vigilant to not get fucked over by them
>Pay $200-$300+ monthly for this car
>Do this for five or so years
>Doesn't include the gas, maintenance, insurance etc
>By the fifth year it's already got repair bills out of warranty
>Has wear and tear on it, scratches, stains inside, etc
>It's worth a tiny fraction of what you paid
>Now you have to debate throwing money into repairs for something you hate
>Or look at getting another car and loan repeating steps one

CARS ARE AWESOME!

>this
>love my jeep

Attached: Boomer1.png (1500x761, 276K)

>buying modern cars

Or just buy some shitbucket with cash and drive as long as it lasts.

>not getting a hand me down
OOF

Maybe if you drive a boring autotragic through an urban hellscape of bumper to bumper traffic.

Attached: Point Blur_Sep032018_000606.jpg (2560x1440, 2.13M)

Or you just save up and buy a used car instead of getting a loan.

>car loan
Cars are cheap as shit in the States, why would you get a loan? Get a used Toyota.

I love my boa... i mean car. Nigga one o the most "free" feelings that a person have is being able to drive to wherever you want whenever you want, making stops whenever you please and being able to customize it.

You can't have all of those in a Uber, Taxi or Bus.

>loan

Why not just buy a 5k Honda?

I'd never spend that much on a used car or a car in general.

I love driving.
I fucking hate trains, having to stand next to sweaty niggers, strollers, loud people on their phones, towelheads who try to steal from you etc.
Fuck communist transport
I literally have to carry a knife to feel safe

Depends much on the car and in which currency you're paying. My first car i paid 8k BRL, idk how much is that in Kangaroo money.

I agree strongly. I really do envy the comfy public transport Europeans have, as well as the nice little towns where you can get anywhere by walking or riding a bike. It's just not feasible in most parts of the US, though, especially my state, which has the second highest rate of pedestrian deaths in the US (as well as the most dangerous highway).

You get handed a driver's license for having a fucking pulse over here, getting a license is way harder over in Yurop from what I've seen. Everybody on the road is such a fucking braindead moron, it's a daily struggle to not get fucking creamed by some idiot not paying attention or texting on their phone or whatever. Public transport is 100% niggers and homeless shit flingers, so that isn't an option at all. Also, now that I have a car, I get bothered all the fucking time to give people rides or help them with other bullshit.

Because realistically you have to pay minimum 10K to get a decent Honda or Toyota that's a bland and boring car that despite reliability probably has maintenance issues and is getting close to expected costly repairs on gaskets, etc. So basically you're starting out at the last stage of my post except you already hated the car the minute you get it..

At least with a lightly used car or new car you can have a honeymoon period where you swear you won't eat in it and that you love the car, etc.

>getting a license is way harder over in Yurop from what I've seen
If you want to obtain a German driving licence, you will have to cover a lot of different costs: driving lessons, study books, medical exams, and the actual test fees. Depending on how many lessons you need, the total amount could be any sum between 1,000 and 3,000 euros. On average you'll need 35-40 driving lessons until you're allowed to take the driving test.

One part of the German driving test is the theory exam. You will need to pass this before you can do the driving test. The theory test is made up of 30 mostly multiple-choice questions. There may be several correct answers to one question. If you receive more than ten minus points, you will fail the test. If you have passed the theory exam, you can take the driving test. It normally takes between 30 to 45 minutes during which you have to demonstrate your ability to drive. Usually the examiner sits in the back seat. They will assess your driving skills based on safety and competence. Your teacher will sit next to you, so they take control in case of an emergency. If you don’t pass the exam on the first go, you can repeat it three times after a two-week interval respectively. There is no limit to the number of times you can repeat the exam.

When i bought mine first i made sure to check everything before and after i bought it. I was lucky on finding a not so bad shitbox, the only problem it has the shitty brake pads that it was cheap to change.

>At least with a lightly used car or new car you can have a honeymoon period where you swear you won't eat in it and that you love the car, etc.

My current it's my age(24) and i still don't let anyone eat, smoke or get in with dirty shoes on it.

How long does it take to get a license there? Mine took 60 days.

I live in a city where traffic jams are constant but public transportation is fantastic. I never need to drive.

i guess most people need 3-9 months

>9 months

Oof.

it really depends on how much time you got for driving lessons. usually people start taking driving lessons when they're 17 and still in school so they have a bigger time window for driving lessons than people with a job.
some of my acquaintances needed 2 months while others needed over 12 months

Took mine when i was working already, i was lucky that my shift started 1PM, so i had all the mornings for the lessons.

>tfw having driving test today
>already fucked up once

The thing people dont get (especially in driving centric countries like the USA) is that its good business for people.

Think about how many people have jobs because of shit drivers crashing?
>medics
>mechanics
>hospital staff
>insurance people

MASSIVE industry around selling (You) the retard on the idea that you need a big plastic box in order to *be* someone.

I owned a car for a year as it was gifted to me. Couldn't sell it fast enough the fucking thing was falling apart so fast I almost fucking cried.

Get a motorcycle if you want cheap transportation.

Good luck user

>Get a motorcycle if you want cheap transportation.
And then comes the winter...

>decide you want a car
>buy second hand diesel for €1000
>run it on vegetable oil that you get free from restaurants
>pay a total of €75 a year in insurance, inspections and tax

wow

Attached: Screenshot-2018-1-30 Facebook Marketplace(1).png (1400x757, 1.72M)

i love cars
you just need to find cool ones that are fun to drive
autoslushbox tends to be boring

I have a license.
But no car.
Use an E-bike daily instead, 38 km to work one way and a lot on my free time.
Seriously have no need for a car in this city.

>Get a motorcycle if you want cheap transportation

Maybe in leaf land but not here. Insurance etc is sky high for motorcycles. Plus most bikes drink up the same amount of gas, if not more than a small car.

Plus you know, 6-7 months when you can't use it thanks to snow and ice.

my experiences driving
>start lessons, about $80 per go (not a joke)
>keep confusing the clutch and the brake pedal with the accelerator
>keep forgetting turn signals
>smashed the rear bumper trying to rear-view park
>stalled the car once in the middle of a heavy traffic dual carriageway trying to change gears
>drove a friend home once semi-tipsy, not at all proud of it it but thankfully it was late night/early morning and somehow no one was hurt
needless to say i don't have a car

Attached: 1534808492446.png (657x527, 13K)

>Plus most bikes drink up the same amount of gas, if not more than a small car.

Everyone there rides 600cc+ bikes there?

Pretty much yes. Only youths who are learning ride smaller cc bikes besides the super moto people but those bikes are brutally expensive to insure.

Why tho? 150cc can do the job too.

Attached: file.png (970x600, 435K)

so you dont have a license, drink alcohol and somehow think its a good idea to drive someone home?

i have absolutely no idea what i was thinking. i think i was such a turbo autist i didn't want to tell him to call a taxi or walk and figured i could just wing it, i got incredibly lucky cause there weren't really any other cars on the road

Because a lot (really a lot) of driving in Sweden takes place on 110km/h highways.
I've driven a 150cc bike before and I would never ride that on those roads.
Plus, such a small engine at those speeds sucks up fuel like crazy.

I thought the same when I was first driving but I don't think so anymore

Oh yes, on highways they can be shitty. I'm saying more like within the city, which they are perfect for.

Although, a few years ago some madman went from Brazil all the way to Alaska in his 150cc Honda. He sounds autistic too, which i guess it's necessary to make such adventure.

youtube.com/watch?v=O2dKSAecQiY

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

I agree especially when you live in a rural shit hole like me where no one follows the rules and there are agriculture vehicles on the roads those fuckers always take over half of the road and don't even want to move out of the way so that you can pass them. I especially hate driving at night,

Problem is that I live 85 km from my job, I have the following roads to work.
>70 km/h
>90 km/h
>110 km/h (but everyone drives at 120-125 on those)
>couple smaller ones with 50 km/h

I'd say the majority of Swedes have to commute at least on one 110 km/h road on their way to work unless they live inside Stockholm or one of the other big cites.

But when you live inside one of our cities you might as well take the bus, tram, train or bicycle. Remember, gas is very expensive here (around 3 dollars per liter)

>I'm saying more like within the city, which they are perfect for

Not the same user as you were talking to but we don't really have any cities big enough that you need a motorcycle to get around.
MC's are more of a hobby thing here, not actually for transportation. Remember that our country unavailable for MC's 50% of the year thanks to winter.

Joke's on you, I don't drive.

bet you dont fuck neither LMAO

thats not true, you have 16kroner per liter which is about 1,6 euros

Sure I do.

Correct, my calculations were wrong.

>ride a bike instead

k mate..

Attached: IMG_2805.jpg (1600x1200, 62K)

>mfw swedish gas prices is almost the same as hungarian ones

Attached: 3a7.jpg (504x470, 127K)

>Remember, gas is very expensive here (around 3 dollars per liter)

Fug, here i am complaining about 1 dollar per liter here.

I see.

As someone pointed out above, I was wrong with my math. It's actually 1.76 dollars per liter here.

Yeah i saw. Funny story that a rumour here ran about the truckers doing another strike and the gas stations (((owners))) already raised the price.

Only a literal retard would get a loan for a fucking car

Sadly, a lot of people do that here. I would say most people who drive a modern car has taken a loan on it. It's considered normal and "ok"...

That's not public transportations fault, that's your cuckoldness fault. I feel completely safe while taking the train

lol gay

I wanna American Jeep made by Fiat.

>automatic gearbox
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: qfbgzd8h.jpg (200x200, 5K)

You need a bumper to bumper, unlimited mileage warranty

Attached: F5q0U3gz_400x400.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Rejoice! Almost mowed some retarded cyclists over, but got the license.

I have a car but I take the train daily because driving is a chore and the train is much more comfy.