Who is your country's greatest contribution to cinema?

Who is your country's greatest contribution to cinema?

Attached: orson welles.jpg (768x759, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ec3m2J1n5_4
youtube.com/watch?v=d13_Pu7Zo9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If we're talking directors:
Hitchcock
Nolan
Kubrick (did most of his best work over here)
Ridley Scott

PewDiePie

Literally nothing desu

Based

You sure?

Attached: 3amigos.jpg (800x500, 63K)

I don't know about Mexican movies, but there are plenty of good Mexican actors in American media.

> but there are plenty of good Mexican actors in American media.

Attached: 1527012321116.jpg (399x400, 13K)

based

Del Toro is more American than anything, but Pacific Rim 1 was BASED as fuck.
Cuarón only has like 3 good movies. (Gravity, Y tu mamá también, ...and I don't know what else)
Iñárritu is just a meme.

Also:
>Pedro Infante, Cantinflas, Jorge Negrete, Tin Tan
and others from the "golden age"
youtube.com/watch?v=Ec3m2J1n5_4
youtube.com/watch?v=d13_Pu7Zo9I

The rest of Mexican cinema (and specifically, modern movies) is just plain garbage.

Attached: JorgeNegrete.jpg (2620x3000, 462K)

>Cuarón only has like 3 good movies. (Gravity, Y tu mamá también, ...and I don't know what else)
Children of Men, you pleb

*makes the 2 highest grossing films ever*
nothin personell kid

Attached: 9319601e.jpg?w=780.jpg (780x520, 30K)

>more American than anything
How? He seems really proud to be Mexican

He assimilated to Hollywood. He can go on and on about his Mexican pride but his actions show how he really feels.

>his actions show how he really feels
like?

People who like watching movies should be killed. Worst medium especially considering all the GAY PUERTO RICAN NIGGER RAPISTS it attracts.

Everything he has produced since becoming popular in America is just generic Hollywood stuff.
Coco, an American production, is more Mexican than the majority of Del Toro's filmography

A B S O L U T E L Y S U R E
Those three people are hacks who make shitty, commercial films for Hollywood audiences.

Attached: Optic_Projection_fig_411.jpg (588x704, 409K)

>More american than anything
But he's still our contribution to cinema.

I don't blame him though.
Mexico is third world and no matter how much you want to become a filmmaker, there's no budget, no studios, no tech, no anything.
You have two options in Mexico:
>very low budget (almost homemade) films like Amores Perros or Por la Libre, that stick to real life situations/environments because there's no way to do something such as science fiction or fantasy, and you basically depend on pure writing.
or
>shitty kike trash """"comedy""" movies with SJW/LGBT/zoomer agenda that are basically mediocre telenovelas.

Unless you want to stick to these, you have to move to LOS and try to get assimilated by Hollywood AND hopefully they will considerate your ideas.

On the other hand, Derbez tried to take mexican modern shitty "comedy" to LOS and now he's on decay and being hated more and more by everyone.

picrelated: do you think that could be made in Mex*co? We are in stone age in CGI, and basically everything ;_;

Attached: gravity-2-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg (1200x675, 186K)

How do we save Mexican cinema and make it as good as it was when Bunuel was directing?

Attached: angel_exterminado.jpg (718x298, 48K)

he doesnt have to make movies about mexico just because he is mexican, that would be dumb

It's just matter of time.
Before the internet became popular in Mexico, people only watched TV to see Televisa garbage content.
After the internet, people switched from Televisa garbage to Netflix SJW trash.
People first started to reject televisa and the average telenovela content on the social media, and now the are starting to reject the mexican trash that is on netflix and movies on theaters, because it resembles to the old Televisa dark times.
The only hope for us is that the economy and life in general improves within the next years, so people can think and make real art, instead of the same soulless shit.

picrel: this is what actual movies looks like.
Just "romantic comedy" garbage, which isn't funny at all because they just use cheap jokes with lots of swearing that nobody laughs at.

Attached: peliculas-mexicanas.jpg (1100x530, 1.45M)

Attached: REAL mannerheim.jpg (580x326, 22K)

Jodorowski

Producers express their individual ideas but also the culture they were raised in through their work.

Attached: destaque-430880-.jpg (888x500, 122K)

This guy, I guess.

Attached: 800px-Sergei_Eisenstein_03[1].jpg (800x1192, 115K)

Man you idiots really fucked up literally everything everywhere after WWII didn't you. Even now.

Russia had plenty of good post-WWII directors. They just stopped being constructivists and started being poetics.

Sauce my hue friend

Peter Jackson

So, shit.

Peter Jackson

vivi fernandez

What? Our post WW2 directors were great as well. I just picked Eisenstein because his work had a huge impact on film-making. Andrey Tarkovsky, Sergey Bondarchuk, Leonid Gayday, Georgiy Daneliya and many more of them.

(((Eisenstein)))

Hans Zimmer and Christoph Waltz I'd say

Attached: christoph-waltz-british-academy-film-awards-2014-01.jpg (680x1000, 71K)

Ye, the guy was a jew. So what?

>looking for logic with stormfags
?

Why not?

>Gayday
Heh

Hey, he was a nice director. Don't laugh at him.

Attached: 1293[1].jpg (240x234, 7K)

Posting for Quebec

Attached: Denis Villeneuve.png (780x571, 835K)

that's a really good question

Would say Shaken Aymanov and Timur Bekmambetov but nobody heard of them I guess

Wim Wenders is good

>Nolan
lol fuck off

That is NOT TARKOVSKY!!!!!!

the men who invented it

Kilar
Kieślowski
Bareja
Machulski (Senior)
fuck Wajda though