Boomers could get a BS in Finance and become an options trader on Wall Street

>boomers could get a BS in Finance and become an options trader on Wall Street
>I have a Master’s in Math and can’t even get a basic data analyst position

Attached: D943ED1C-F8E0-43F6-A497-CA7C9F35336C.jpg (335x263, 23K)

Tell me how to turn an integer (0 ~ 256^3) into its three RGB components.

I remember you. You expected Credit Suisse to hand you a silver platter for completing a masters in math. Have fun teaching HS

about tree fiddy

That's scary dude. I'm graduating this year. I'm so scared

Y'all need to teach me calculus

based
get ready to do """volunteer""" work that pays in """work experience"""

You majored in math retard

I'm about to get Master's in poliology and even so I have no idea where to work

i fucking hate this shit too,

>boomers could have just gone to 3 fucking years of pharmacy school after highschool and get a bacherlors
>now the minimum is 6 years of college with millions of hours of volunteering to get a pharm d to get any job

start applying now and be less scared

Get an IT certification like the CompTIA A+.

It sucks that you can't get into the field you want, but if you pass the cert (and it costs 400 dollars) you can get a guaranteed 15-20 dollar an hour job pretty much anywhere.

>tfw I literally do this everyday because I can't be arsed to choose colour codings myself
2^24
Assume you're wanting hex code so it's 2^4 sized pieces.
Take the modulo with the following divisors and continue with the cedilla
2^20
2^16
2^12
2^8
2^4
2^0

This is good advice. I'm trying to get a security+ just in case before I graduate

F'(x)=f(x)

>about to complete engineering master's
>literally have zero (0) relevant work experience
>the only internships I managed to land are completely irrelevant
sudoku is literally, unironically looking like one of my best possible outcomes right about now

Attached: 1531782794452.jpg (522x756, 39K)

>4 year Comp Sci degree although got scholarships and grants for part of it
>Found work right out of uni, looks good for now
>2 years in, project outsourced to SEA
>Luckily found another project to work on
>2.5 years in, project outsourced to India

For young zoomers listening in - only go Comp Sci route if you want to develop your own things and sell those. If you're gonna cuck for someone else, its really not that great as the media says it is. Software development can be stressful as fuck and the pay is mediocre unless you're at the FAANG/top companies like Nvidia/Intel

>comp sci
oof

>finish engineering bachelors
>unemployed for a year
>finally get shitty job where i work all the time away from home
h-heh, at least I grossed 130k!

Attached: 1461297690348.png (365x363, 15K)

Not what I was looking for, but I think I see the math in it now. Using division and modulo, I get something like number / 256 mod 256, number / (256^2) mod 256 and number / (256^3) mod 256. Huh. Well it worked so I'm happy.
>tfw all the boomers are retiring as I'm finishing my degree
feels good desu

hahaha

All tech jobs are outsourced to India or Chinks
All labor jobs are done by migrants
All government jobs are reserved for minorities
Trades are getting shitty and clamped down by illegals and boomers refusing to retire.

There won't be a next generation

>minimum 5yrs of uni
>no networking or co-op work experience
do you think uni is just a job-maker school

It's insane just how nepotistic/cronyistic the system really is.

If you don't have connections, you're pretty much done for, unless you happen to be really fucking smart (or at least, good at pretending to be really fucking smart) and therefore able to make it in the world of academia.

Do you have experience?

My company hired a fucking retarded manager just because he had a degree and 1 year of experience.

I literally sent out hundreds of CVs. I even consulted with my school's job advisors to make sure my CV presentation and cover letters were okay. All I managed to land were extremely shitty internships which gave me no useful experience of any kind whatsoever (the only useful thing they left me with were a couple of references that can attest that I do my work well, but it turns out that this is largely irrelevant).

I only have an AA and make 75k a year, two guys below me (same age group) have good degrees yet they're my bitches. Why? I have 6 years of experience in my field, a proven track record of competence and I get shit done. Its pretty cool, I think I ended up paying a total of $2200 for my "education".

Agreed, I was talking to some older coworkers about what it was like pre-2008
>"yeah we got 40k signing bonuses out of school"
>"i had like 5 offers from major oil companies and I had a 2.9 gpa, it cant be that hard"
>"companies can't hire people fast enough!"
nowadays:
>"whats a signing bonus?"
>3.5 GPA with 3 internships AND some connections and its still like pulling teeth to get your foot in the door
>companies dont even properly train their new hires
>half the people that do get hired because of nepotism/muh diversity are completely fucking useless or borderline retarded

Why do I keep hearing that the US has basically full employment then?

Because we have a lot of jobs at McDonalds and other amazing opportunities making minimum wage(7.75$ an hour!, no vacation, 2 days sick,etc)

What you little babies don't understand is that a college degree, even in a demanding subject, does not mean a fucking thing in the job world. You studied hard? Cool. Can you do the job though? Can you make deadlines? Can you get shit done? You might say yes, but where is your proof? Where is your experience.

You must show your worth.

>You studied hard? Cool. Can you do the job though? Can you make deadlines? Can you get shit done? You might say yes, but where is your proof?
Dude most jobs are fucking piss easy, lets not even kid ourselves. Also how the fuck is anyone going to prove they can do shit when nobody will hire them to do shit?

>Went to apparently one of the top 10 ranked law schools in the world
>Kept reminding us how graduates from our law school are the most employable in the country
>Graduated with a Distinction average, worked part time in law firms while studying
>Almost a year since completing my degree and I'm working in a fucking call centre now

Attached: 1418737597086s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>You must show your worth.
If you have a CV that is above and beyond your field's average, then sure. The problem is that if you aren't, then ALL that matters are connections, which have little to do with ability.

>KEK
>be me
>degree in history from random uni with 2.8 GPA
>have dinner with rabbi and family
>tell rabbi in the process of looking for job after college
>rabbi lets me meet Goldman Sachs managing director
>Gets 90k + 80k bonus job for editing powerpoints
>gets promoted every 2 years with higher bonuses
Life is sweet you little cucks

Don't worry the next generation will be worse than us

I'm a dishwasher

Attached: IMG_5027.jpg (365x480, 42K)

>Western countries
>GPA
kek, at least they give a chance for those who went to shitty undergrad schools I guess

based jew

How's the pay?

More people are working 2 or more jobs. Use common sense. This is why you should look at the U6 unemployment, which doesnt decrease due to people's financial situation being so bad that they need another job.

how does one become jewish

Attached: 1476769187133.jpg (250x201, 8K)

You can't. Jews hate converts.

I read that alcohol-related liver disease is increasing severely in young people here. I guess this might be one of the reasons why.

kek. the laywer at my call center is such a chad sand nigger even adds the JD title on his name plaque. he makes easily couple 100k a year. hes the biggest posh douche ive met but i think hes awesome lol

Make connections. Go to industry meetups. Talk with people.

The other day I was working a temp job at a convention center, hosting a shopping center convention. Got into a conversation with an older gentleman that worked for the state government. We started talking about fucking electric cars of all things. Turns out he just got a Tesla and was gushing about it, was super excited. I wasn't super interested BUT, there was nothing better to do during my 11 hour shift so I made all the interested noises and made small talk. He gave me his card, and I gave him my email and resume

now I work for the state, at double the rate of the shitty once in a blue moon temp jobs I was working before. Went from 12/hr and like 9k-12k a year to 48k a year

Basically, I've made it, bros. Super salty it wasn't my hard work that did it, but my conversational skills (which I rarely use otherwise)

Attached: 1528814705941.jpg (500x491, 32K)

I could pass for jewish because of my anglo nose

At least you didn't major in poli sci

Attached: 1535326794931.jpg (250x250, 4K)

t.

Attached: boomerrr.png (284x529, 56K)

How hard is it to find a job in a county, state or federal government department as a Pol Sci major?

>graduated with no debts whatsoever since I live in the first world
>after graduation I did nothing for 3 months
>decide I should look for a job
>send in an online application for the first job in my field I saw
>2 days later they call me and ask if I'd like to have an interview the next day
>have a 15 minute talk
>shake the manager's hand
>naturally got the job

Go to law school I guess

such is life as a mountain jew

>didn't go to uni
>no student loan debt
>have comfy county job
feels good senpai

>didn't go to uni
>talked my way into a desk job $66k
>6 months later talked my way into a managerial promotion
>now earn $80k while friends are getting deeper into debt
>bonus and raise will put me up to $90k
lmao

>Study teaching since there's a genuine shortage of teachers in this country and I genuinely enjoy education
>Impossible to find work other than a substitute teacher since boomers refuse to retire and schools to prefer to overload existing teachers with more classes rather than hire new teachers
>Staff culture is toxic, every female teacher is a backstabbing snake, the few men just stick together

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

You have to make a name for yourself instead of relying so much on a piece of paper (your degree).
t. boomer pro

>Tfw about to get an economics bachelors but have no relevant internships or experience, so trying to put off the inevitable by applying for a Finance or IB graduate program

Don't worry guys, we can always become domestic terrorists

>need to have proof of working to an industry level to get any job
>can't get it without years of experience in the job
there is no early game anymore you have to be insanely talent and know exactly what you want to do at an early age to have a shot at not being left out of the closed circle of society now

Attached: 33745212_2061954530711700_6311619887907209216_n.png (528x792, 315K)

oldfag here. Canada has been a sinking ship for awhile.

>boomers in Poland who graduated from a medical school or in engineering could only make $30 a month

>I can make $1500/month without any degree

Imagine if you used that college fund to invest wisely and live on the interest like I did

Attached: 🤔.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

retarded frogposter

>>I have a Master’s in Math and can’t even get a basic data analyst position

But do you have 3-5 internships, speak 5 languages proficiently, did 2 abroad semesters, have a Github, 3 yrs work experience and perfect social skills? No wonder nobody hires you for an junior position.

You even trying bro?

Attached: 1536641264835.png (735x668, 29K)

>For young zoomers listening in - only go Comp Sci route if you want to develop your own things and sell those.

Well, here it's still paid and all programmed and maintained in house in most companies. Just scammy ones you should stay the fuck away from are outsourcing. Like these where 80-90% of people are "consulters" or "project managers" with almost no programmers at all.

But here it's still like I said wlel paid from 20-35 euro/hr, depends on your stack and skillset.

>Software development can be stressful as fuck

Just go home after 8 hrs, lmao.

Cut meat at the grocery store and make 45k a year and no debt whatsoever. MAAHHH HAHAHA

People cry a lot these days.

the biggest problem with landing jobs appears to be the misconception that the things you learn at uni matter
people unironically believed their teachers when they were told they will need any of that shit for real work
in reality work is entirely it's own thing and you should have gotten an internship rather then trying to pass with more then a D in any subject
thank god I didn't fall for that meme, though it was more an accident then me being smart and informed

>invest luckily
Unless you mean that you would have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on college if you went there

I am a retard at everything useful other than having a work ethic and a sense of humor and I'm doing really well. College was a tremendous waste of my time and money.

it's almost as if companies don't give a shit about your all-nighters a week before the exams and want to hire people with relevant skills.

>When I was a kid all they did was try and scare everyone into thinking if they didn't do well in whatever grade that the next one would be more important and they wouldn't take it easy on you like they did, next one would be about how important them validating their importance was into scaring you into freaking out about grades because college, etc. Come college, they just want your money and make you take the exact same classes as before but dry rape you highway robbery style. Force you to turn in homework online even though you don't have the internet (I'm old) but still fuck you into buying sixty dollar college books (????) Yup. Scam. scam scam scam.

>didn't even finish uni
>sent my cv to 3 it companies in my small town
>got a paid php internship
>now i'm going into programming medical machinery

Your country sucks my dude, IT is the new king of jobs here, and it's filled with nerds like me, I still play blizzard games with my old boss, and this is a small town, in Cluj you'd have to be a retard not to get a job.
>tfw litterally every other graduate has to leave the country for jobs in their domain while I get to sit here and spend my big programmer bucks
Wish I could get my friends back. They visit in summertime.

Literally me
Learning programming allows you to parachute yourself into middle/upper middle class with not much effort
So easy it feels like cheating

>do shitty business degree
>get okay job
Could be worse

you could get a traditional professional job like nurse or doctor

Was already from a middle class family, but that's different from being middle class yourself. I gotta admit, my first paycheck was gone in two days, the money got me felling like a king. Nowadays, I can manage my situation. Being independent isn't something many people can say around Eastern Europe, you can easily find 3-generation households (sometimes 4-gen for the unlucky that married and made kids recently).
Don't be ashamed of it being easy, our mindset is a tough one to develop, the analytical/logical problem solver, and everyone not in it hates us untill they meet us. Telling older folk I work with computers makes them angry, like it's my fault your piece of shit niece has to wipe old people's asses in Italy. Everyone thought learning english was a meme when I was younger, that it was a waste of time. Now they're driving taxis, not even aware of the international job market, they are stuck here.

>I did an engineering school
>studied humanities and did nothing for 5 years
>done studying
>apply for 3 engineering jobs
>I get an interview for the best paying job
>they basically tell me I'm hired and already show me where I will work
>my first day of work was less than a month after I sent my application

Attached: 1534284309074.gif (160x160, 997K)

doing what

From what I understand getting a job is mostly about having connections so if you're not a social butterfly at uni then your chances of finding white collar employment are pretty small. Since I'm an aspie I decided to drop out of school and pursue menial labor.

>working

Attached: image.jpg (456x322, 40K)

probably because when you're interviewed you have no social kills whatsoever. employers don't want a human calculator sitting in the back of an office, they want someone who can interact with team members and come up with ideas.