Stop calling the United States of America "America"

Stop calling the United States of America "America"

Attached: 1538996091988.jpg (229x220, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English
usaisnotamerica.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok Italian Republic

no

ok Italian Republic

no

k Republica Italiana

ok dirty france

Agreed

ok republic of albania

How many countries do you even call by their real names. Do you call your overlords "the federal republic of germany" in regular conversation? Thats pure autism

yes, and the people who live there are the Federal Republicans of Germany

okay ireland

USA low key owns everything in NA, there's no reason to not refer to them as America.

It's the greatest country on Earth. They can call themselves whaterver they like.

What would a better, real name for the US? Columbia would be confusing

Burgerland

washingtonia

>uses English languages
>but refuses to use English language demonyms
Stop using our language then.

the North American Hegemony, or NAH for short.

Attached: okretard.png (521x499, 498K)

Estados Unidos de America

nah

yankland

The Earth Federation

>all these people missing the point of OP
>tf
>tp

Doesn't solve the fact that people would still call it America for short

we don't have an official language and 80% of us speak spanish retard

nah my dude

a lot of states have english as their official language doe

I don't recall the English language being called American.

0/10

Stop falling for his bait newfag

t. proxy huezilian

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English

Attached: consider the following 3.gif (480x480, 331K)

US made English the new lingua franca though.

start identifying with your state :^)

explain what the point is if not a complaint about people using a shorthand name instead of the countries real name
I can see why it rubs people the wrong way as america is also the name of the continent but fucking nobody is going to denote where they are from by their continent first and foremost. For example ive never heard anyone tell me that they were "from asia" so why does it even matter when there isnt any confusion when you tell someone you are "from america"

Early proposed names for the United States of America included:
>Freedonia
>Columbia
>Appalachia
>Allegheny
>Usonia

While we're at it, early names proposed for Canada were:
>Anglia
>Albionoria (northern albion)
>Borealia (northern land, compare to Australia)
>Cabotia
>Colonia
>Efisga (acronym for English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Aboriginal)
>Hochelaga
>Mesopalagia
>New Albion
>Norland
>Northland
>Superior
>Tupona (the united provinces of north america)
>Transatlantica
>Ursalia (land of bears)
>Vesperia (land of the evening star)
>Victorialand

I already do ;)

Unironically think that if they put it to a vote, something like Freeland would win

I don't want to identify with my state. I'd only identify with half of my county, tops.

would unironically love the name freedonia

Muttia

I was digging Vesperia until I remember it being the name of some JRPG

>tf
>tp

Vesperia sounds good

>fucking nobody is going to denote where they are from by their continent

People from the continent of Asia are called Asians, people from the continent of Africa are called Africans, people from the continent of Europe are called Europeans, etc. They often refer to themselves as Europeans, Asians, Africans, etc.

Honestly though, are yanks really this stupid or am I being rused?

americas is two continents though

kek

big words coming from a el monstruo del norte

and only one is relevant
and that one is only relevant because of 1 country
ergo American is the demonym of residents of the United States of America

if Canadians and Mexicans are butthurt, they can officially become US territories like Puerto Rico. same goes for sudacas in the south

Attached: orangutan monkey lip trick shirt pants.gif (311x362, 1.99M)

great job on missing the point entirely. stay in school

Attached: 1540232553680.png (975x847, 532K)

>5%

Depends where you're from, as does the amount of oceans in the world and whether or not one of the continents is called Australia or Oceania.

but i just started doing that, like today. after hesitating for so many years.

>I can see why it rubs people the wrong way as america is also the name of the continent
I think this is what OP meant.
>but fucking nobody is going to denote where they are from by their continent first and foremost
You don't use geographical terms solely when it comes to people's origins. If I talk about "American landscapes", am I talking about the ones of the whole continent or the ones specifically found in the US?
Borealia and Vesperia could have been cool, though I can imagine religious fanatics thinking of the latter as a celebration of Lucifer.

True, but what you're saying is inconsistent. Europe, Africa, and Asia are all connected technically so they should be called Afro-Eurasians. Not europeans, africans, or asians separately.

>Implying that Mexicans aren't sudacas
Chicano, I...

>If I talk about "American landscapes", am I talking about the ones of the whole continent or the ones specifically found in the US?
Which is why the terms "North American" and "South American" exist. This is why countries who consider North and South America to be the same continent are retarded.

There is a cultural split, just like Asia and Europe. Besides, the Darien gap isn't even traversable. The continents are basically separated by geography too.

we have already civilized them with coca-cola via cocacolonization

Attached: bird dapper coke zero.jpg (576x768, 128K)

I got the point, you still sound retarded when you say that no one identifies with their continent first and we both know that Asian, African, and European are common ways to identify someone. You had a brain fart and now, in typical yank fashion, you're trying to double down and pretend your obvious oversight was part of some larger point.

nowhere did I say they are not used as identifier at all. I literally only said that in regular conversation nobody is going to identify themselves by their continent before their country. You are arguing a point that I did not make. Your so stupid that im starting to think you are a phone poster

This is your last (you). Savor it

Attached: laughinglemon4.jpg (225x225, 6K)

If North and South America have nothing to do with each other, why do they share the name "America"? You'd need to come up with a new name for SA for consistency, but if you're using the cultural difference as a divider, the line might as well start at the south of the US.

>if you're using the cultural difference as a divider, the line might as well start at the south of *Canada.

Ftfy

>why do they share the name "America"?
You know, you're right, South Tyrol shouldn't be called that, it should be called Tyrol. And you should give it back to Austria.

Attached: 1332163852237.gif (100x100, 164K)

>Mexican replies to me after an Italian
fuck, change your flag or don't butt in

Attached: give up.gif (319x175, 2.97M)

Fatlands

I'd be okay with this as long as the lands part is pronounced like Fat-linds isn't of fatlands, which just sounds bad.

Murica

Latvijas Republika

>all those shitty european inventions
>not a single Native name
Nah, Canada is perfect, it's a Native American word. But "Borealia" would be good to satisfy me. Canada and Australia are the worst shitposters on Jow Forums, but everybody loves Australia and everybody hates Canada. Borealia and Australia. Yin and Yang.

>Freedonia

usaisnotamerica.com
Do with the anonymous comments below what you wish

Israel without Palestine.

United Kingdom

no

Hochelega was the aboriginal name for Montréal
And yes, Canada and Australia are just bizzaro world versions of eachother

Attached: PicsArt_02-14-12.31.47.png (363x267, 204K)

What's the Canadian version of the kangaroo?

Im American

we get a lot of turkeys in our backyard

Anglia is beautiful.

They would just call it Hegemony.

No

agreed, America is a continent

>stop calling the only relevant -america "America"

No.

Attached: AMERICA.jpg (375x523, 93K)

continent

whiter than you muhammad