I got forced by parents to study computer science

I got forced by parents to study computer science

Attached: file.png (859x737, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xh0-x1RFEOY
cio.com/article/3293010/hiring-and-staffing/10-reasons-to-ignore-computer-science-degrees.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wah my parents want me to be successful

what would you rather have studied?

>my parents never forced me to do anything

Attached: CDF0EC3D-C7C6-46AD-85F4-6E8165CE736F.jpg (421x675, 56K)

Well, it helps to have a genuine interest in programming if you're gonna be pusuing a CS degree, but I knew people who started competitive coding in college and got really good. Dunno if they could build any projects and stuff, but competitive coding skills can help you pass the interviews in India.

Idk I don't have any special interest desu

Funnily enough you're not the first indian to tell me he was pressured by his family to study euther medecine, CS or engineering.

Your parents did you a favor.
It's the best field right now.

Attached: oreilly.jpg (4076x1376, 1.32M)

Which university are you from?

I tried C and C++. Can't understand shit. Like, idk man. It just makes no sense to me.

university of pune

Isn't that degree really commonly studied in India? Can't you convince them to allow you to study something else?

i think the same i dont understand shit about programming

I tried but they won't understand.

all of Canadian Poojets got to Canada that way.

Attached: 1538261829527.png (959x617, 92K)

At least you don't have two dads

Do you have two dads?

Please take back all your fellow Indians, thanks

Used to not anymore thank the fucking god

I need some backstory

that's what happen when half the planet speak your langage.

I was basically stuck at shit system and kept being adopted by different people and stuck in social centres for good ammount of my childhood. To this day I still have no idea who my parents are. So basically when I was 12 I was adopted by a gay couple. Was there for a year and half. I still have traumas from not being able to sleep because I just kept hearing two men moaning every night. Despite that, they were good people and kept me fed and provided some good shit, even getting me ps2. Still it's pretty bad being raised by gay men, even for year and half. Now I reached adulthood and I study mechanical engineering living in student dorms, living off government 200€ per month. 50€ go to dorm upkeep, 50€ monthly for food. 100€ for various other shit, mostly cigarettes. Have no idea where will I live when I finish uni.

As if we needed more pajeets in the industry.

Can't you track your birth parents down by your name? Or is it a common name

Cuck tier my friend. My parents wanted me to do MBA but I chose Phil+lit.

Attached: 126474775757.jpg (234x215, 7K)

Do you at least know if your parents left you or did they die or something else?
Man that's pretty fucked up

I have generic name and generic surname given by authorities. I wasn't given a name by my parents and don't have their surname. I already tried that, I simply have no idea what to do.

What are planning to do with it?

Don't know, only slightly logical explanation is that they died few days after I was born. Still would have had their surname, but that is not the case.

What are you gonna do with a philosophy and literature degree in India, my man?

That's so sad mate.

Attached: 1540219374576.jpg (494x494, 42K)

That sucks man, wish you the best

>because I just kept hearing two men moaning every night

jesus christ, my most sincerest condolences, this is a terrible experience for any child.

Are you a expat or real chinese??

why is hatred of computer science so common?

even i hate the slav , you have my friendship :)

wtf I would have killed myself for sure

you are alpha

Do you really think I'm alpha posting on Jow Forums

Jealousy, mostly. We make more money with less work. But in engineer/scientists/mathematician's defense, many comp sci grads are dumb as shit, can't do even simple math.
>hey user can you make a program that connects two client programs over the internet?
>HURR DURR Socket.openSocket(); now pay me $5,000.00 plus tip
>wtf this is absurd, you can't even count past 10 without taking off your shoes

There are a lot of retards who just want to get paid. But also a lot of absolutely brilliant people who can do fucking anything.

My friend is making $120,000 with stock options at 29.
>no Linux
>no languages other than C++/C#
>no database
>nothing past Calc II
>couldn't even answer the most basic shit when I was in school
>went to a no-name undergrad program
>took an online masters degree for cybersec

But jokes on me, I know C/C++/Java/assembly like the back of my hand, got within 1 semester of a math degree in addition to comp sci, and I'm making less than half what he is. I've also been doing it longer, I started programming when I was 14 and he only started in college. I think he had good connections somehow

Don't need to do anything, I will never have to be a wagecuck in my life.

WHy didn’t they make you be a doctor?

youtu.be/Xh0-x1RFEOY

They gave me choice between doctor or engineer. I choose computer science because it seemed easier.

i actually see people writing arguments to why not to hire them
cio.com/article/3293010/hiring-and-staffing/10-reasons-to-ignore-computer-science-degrees.html

Oh :(

>either be a dentist or CS graduate
Cunt doesn't need either tbqh. Should've done MBA or something. Hopefully you are in tier 1 uni otherwise you should kill yourself already.

I am from a IIIT (not IIt). Is it tier one?

based and redpilled

Indians here do that.

Therer are Indians in sweland?

They study at the tech wing in Stockholm university.

I did my BS in applied math, MS in pure (theoretical) math, but also studied some good statistics stuff. Couldn’t find a job so I’ve been learning a lot of data science online. It’s nice cause I’m blazing through it and people seem to be offering me jobs now.

You got lucky, my parents' attitide toward me was ignore, they didnt care about me at all, fuckin' slavic niggers.

Dentist in my state make the most money. I'm not even joking it's 100k starting and easy to learn and do

How are you gonna earn money?

I hate compsci because everyone has a computer so everyone can do it as much as they want to, which means that turbo-autists who do fuckall with their lives other than brograbbing make you feel awful for "wasting" time doing other things.

He's probably from a rich family

they have a point though. it has to be like that if you even want to think about getting a cs job these days. you need to do leet code 4 hours everyday. you will have a tough time otherwise

>DUDE WHY LEARN HOW STUFF FUNCTIONS WHEN YOU CAN JUST PUMP INTO IT AN APPLICATION WHICH REQUIRED ITS CREATOR TO UNDERSTAND HOW THEY FUNCTION TO MAKE IT
Is he, I dare say, retarded?

I do coding for 4 hrs/day
I’m trying to catch up because I felt like a cuck after finishing grad school and not having a job.
On the other hand I already know all the hard math so people think my resume looks good. In reality I just went wherever there was a little job for me or I could level up my skill set.

This in pants-on-head retarded. Modern nations need are getting between 1/3 and 1/2 of the number of graduates they need every year. Like, hundreds of billions of lost revenue because they can't churn out programmers fast enough.

Part of the problem employers hate comp sci people who only have their degree is that they learn more in their first 6 months on the job then they did in all 4 years of school. They have all the knowledge, but they can't always apply it usefully straight out of school.
Like, maybe user has done course work in all of a dozen areas of expertise needed for a project, but can he/she actually write an application from start to finish that utilizes all of them well? Do they know how to use MSVS to it's full potential? CMake? Boost? Other real-world shit that is omnipresent but not really taught in uni? Almost always, the answer is no, and we have to teach them. Even kids who had good internships know fuck all most of the time. Ugh

But apparently that's a problem most skilled professions are having. For instance, I read about a group of many top law firms that publicly went off on top law schools for giving them (for years, apparently) graduates that knew everything about law but almost nothing practical. The law firms were pissed about having to teach these Ivy Leaguers and others 99% of their real-world expertise when they should have been teaching it in school.

>Hey user can you hammer out a contract with this client?
>Sure! I can tell you the history of contracts, the 14 points of a legal contract in this state, differences between corporate and personal contacts-
>No, I mean can you actually SIT DOWN with the clients over lunch and come back in 2 hours with a good contract
>...uhhh let me check Quora, one sec
>

my parents are also really rich, doesnt mean im gonna study fucking philosophy and literature

should've studied finance + STEM and done an MBA from a top 10-15 biz school here, then expand your parents business not just eat off it

That's pretty much the norm here or some go into accounting.

I got forced by parents to go to university

Attached: lGLq8xU.jpg (750x704, 107K)

i'm coding a botnet in C ,using winapi , wininet for downloading the bot from a FTP server and i want to add a DDOS module too

I'm forced by my parents to stay alive

It fucking SUCKS

Attached: Unfinished_portrait_of_Daniel_Boone_by_Chester_Harding_1820.jpg (220x305, 11K)

You should apply your skills to greater things

Comp Engineering major here. I remember before college constantly hearing about how CS people had to be good at math. From taking CS and Enginnering classes it clearly is bullshit. So little math is required compared to engineering.

are you in either of these?
-NIT
-IIT
-IIIT
-BITS
i am gonna learn programming in winter holidays so that i can create my own apps and bots for MMO RMT, stuff like that.

>Web development with Assembly
Every single pajeet programmer i've met is total shit

Attached: 1533242820423.jpg (980x735, 668K)

There are Indian programmers in Bulgaria?

Yep.
But I think it’s pretty hard to train a coder in a University setting. It’s important to teach them the theory but I really don’t see how a University can give someone all the hands-on hours they need to be a real programmer. That’s why I like bootcamps and online places like DataCamp. They’re slim on theory but you’re supposed to get theory from your education.

its not difficult at all

My parents met at an elite university here and my brother got his PhD from Berkeley. I was forced by expectations to do grad school even though it did fuckall for me. However I went to a crummy school compared to everyone else.

This. Based.

Best thing is to study math finance, there are a lot of programs for that now and it’s really interesting.
If your scshool doesn’t have quantitative finance you can always just study statistics and be fine.

No, he's just parroting what Americans say without realising how stupid his comment is.

Programming is international. Often remote. Indian programmers are dog shit
The stupid thing is your gross brown skin

Attached: 1539576721778.jpg (600x960, 162K)

Must be nice to have parents that force you to do something productive

>CS = Poogramming

Kys, CS is a subfield of mathematics.

Stop saying that.
t. actually knows mathematics

stop saying that.
t. actually knows CS

DELET THIS

Attached: 1539099424545.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

I don't understand this pic. Why are all those fields of mathematics listed and connected while CS is alone? Is this to mock people who say CS is math?

If your school won’t let you double-major, just study applied math with a minor in CS.
Doesn’t hurt to study statistics really, you’ll learn a lot about math and information, which is relevant to CS (and data science).
But no matter what you study, make sure you get some SQL skills. Fucking sql is a pain in the ass.

Why don't you just do what you want to do and stop doing what your parents say? You're an adult now (I'm assuming), therefore it's up to you to make your own choices in life.

If you're an adult then there is nobody to "allow" you to do anything FOR FUCK'S SAKE. It's your own fucking life. Your life is YOUR responsibility, not anybody else's. If you're not doing what you want to be doing, that's YOUR fault and nobody else's.

>applied mathematics
Kek, are you that person who did his masters in statistical theory and hated his department for being too theoretical?

It will probably hard to understand for a westerner to understand but in India parents decide everything.

His parents will pay for his education so they kinda have a say in this matter.

>Imaigne being born and ugly brown skinned midget in a poor family in a 3rd world brown shithole where you can't even decide what you want to do with your life.

I'd rather not be born at all

Going around seeing all those pretty white girls that will never like you because you look like shit (literally and figuratively)

Attached: 1fe747bd3c5d20ff3947aa50adb57318cb2ce8ae_hq.jpg (584x576, 62K)

The point he is thinking but not making is if you don't like it leave your home and live on your own. But it isn't as easy as that usually.

I don't need any white girl. I can probably get a decent looking Indian wife on the virtue of my cs degree.

Attached: file.png (305x270, 183K)

>living on your own
Ah yes, competing for menial labour against thousands of people.

>hey you are single? I could set you up with user, he is a friend of mine, he has a CS degree

>Ah yes, competing for menial labour against thousands of people.
In the first world that's not too bad. You can do a work on the side and live with your friends pretty comfortably.

>what are arranged marriages?

Attached: 1.png (500x500, 178K)

Most of the marriages in India are arranged by parents so even the worst looking men can get a decent wife if you have decent job.

thoughts?

Attached: ISLAMIG GOMMUNISM.png (2000x1333, 43K)

Looks stupid

>Most of the marriages in India
Most? I thought it was just a thing, not such a big thing. Are divorces very common or is divorce seen badly?