33 days of paid vacation left

>33 days of paid vacation left
>your boss makes you take days off otherwise he'll face legal consequences
>you don't want to because you like your job as it's the only place where you can actually meet other people and sitting at home alone makes you depressed

Such is suffering in Europe.

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

What do you do?

Here you can ask your boss to pay out your vacation days.

Public administration

Here they can give you money for unused days off only if they fire you

Do administration workers get extra vacation days? 26 days is the standard

are you German?

literally cringed
such presumption...

Attached: pepe.jpg (380x250, 12K)

>41 paid vacation days every year
>love my job so I work from home instead during the vacation
>when the days are over I can turn in the work and get a bonus
>double win

Attached: 15789457677.jpg (595x599, 39K)

>mfw got promoted last year because im always working in summer etc. when all the normies want to go on holidays
>mfw I simply have no hobbies, friends, etc. and if I don't work I sit at home and do nothing

They think I'm a good employee but actually I'm just a sad sack of shit.

Attached: 1505818384922.jpg (3072x2304, 934K)

OP is a dumb neet larper, public administration workers get from 20 to 26 paid vacation days per year here

They send me away for the month December with a month bonus salary. What the fuck am i supposed to do? Celebrate Christmas with my non existing children? Europe is suffering.

Attached: 35465456.jpg (852x480, 21K)

i had 40days free when they laid me off the job because i could never take any over the years then they changed it so you cant keep them
normal places pay you out for the non used days unlike in shithole part of europe

You can go to Thailand and inseminate multiple girls or boys there

I don't like brown people. Can you send me a Polish qt? Thanks.

Why not just go to Poland? Polish girls would be all over you considering you are Dutch and presumably have decent amount of money and good looks

Join a sports club.

i have 28 paid vacation days left this year. i'm not gonna take a vacation because vacations are for the weak. instead, i will get my employer to pay me for those days.

Join some shit like helping hobos, taking care of abandoned animals, join a local church, etc.

Read what is urzednik mianowany

Opt for three day weekends until you're out of paid leave. Simple as

41 days?.... I get 10 days and they're unpaid... which is more than any of my friends

Fuck you guys I'm big mad, how do you get to leave work for more than a day at a time, that doesn't even seem real. Like you live in fucking meme-land

Should have voted for Bernie

Jeez. Everyone has at least a month here of paid vacation.

Find a real job with paid vacation you unskilled poorfags

I'm an entry level law school grad, fuck you, my life is billable hours and pain. Kill yourself.

Land of the free :^)

>law school
Lawyers aren't human

USA is pretty behind when it comes to paid vacation I've heard.

Paid vacation is a sign on incentive that employers use to attract workers. I'm a truck driver and I have 3 weeks a year. My cousin works for the government and he gets 2 months a year

>2 months
based

>yesss... some great blessed COMPANY will take care of you fellow blubber.

Still have 16 days left out of 25 plus sick days.

Taking whole december off. Plus I have thirteen salary for december so I guess this will be really nice Christmas.

Just travel lmao

>undesirables should be granted benefits for being disposable and universal

Just do a forge in your garage and build a sword

Literally me, except i have 40 days.

Just my opinion but every person who is working full time shoul have similiar benefits, its good for social peace

In the Netherlands there are plenty of boomers that save up all their overtime and vacation days and retire a year earlier. These measures were very normal back in the days, but nowadays you have to use them all in a year since it starts to cause a big financial risk to companies to hire older employees this way.

Don't you like to go to the mountains? Its a good hobby if you're alone

>the blubber wants to live in service to the undemocratic COMPANY who only cares about profits, being completely dependant on an ever changing economy
>the blubber ACTUALLY thinks it's a huge challenge to give a bit to the poor, would rather give more billions to billionaires

>missing out on your entire life to retire 1 year earlier when you are already an old fart anyways

welcome to Germanosphere
you sound really obnoxious

Paid vacation shouldn't be mandated, it should be offered by the employer if they want to provide it. Don't like the idea of working somewhere that doesn't provide vacation? Then don't fucking work there. Employers provide benefits because they would never find employees if they didn't, and their competitor might be providing benefits to get an edge and the cream of the crop.

Interesting. Japanese do something similar. They accumulate their "golden weeks" and then see the world in one trip. Thats why their tourist do so many photos because its their first and last holiday. Or at least thats what I heard

Great fucking reasoning

I'm not forced to work for some shitty company retard. I can pick the better ones

Looks like it works pretty good for Europeans, maybe we could stop getting cucked by multinational corporations and have a quality of life comparable to the rest of the developed world

Sound almost like you want to work :^) Life should be a long holidays payed by the ragies wagies

Attached: 1540425358002.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Do you also believe that if a boss feels like it he should be allowed to fire you on the spot?

It's a weird phenomenom but then again the mindset of the people thare are now around retirement age is very different from the average employee today which often runs out of vacation days around summer.

Well, Europeans earn way less than Americans

A lot of workers also don't work very hard if they're granted something without conditions in place to keep them busy. People should be rewarded the same amount for the effort they put into their work. I know some people who have shitty work ethic and i'm glad that they're stuck in a shitty position with no benefits.

No, there has to be a good reason. We have worker protection laws for that.

Life shouldn't be handed to you on a platter if that's what you're trying to say

Yeah and than half your population is on some antistress pills

Well I just think its bettet for whole society if there is some basic standard

Even street sweeper who is working full time deserve it

We are not the same, some people are stupid and lazy but its still better when everyone have decent life. Meybe street sweepers kids will be some genious and its better when he have good upbringing.

But imho you are just trolling and fishing for responds

>But imho you are just trolling and fishing for responds
The current president of America won his election based on an anti-'red tape' or workers rights platform.

Can't imagine not having paid vacation days.
I have the basic 41 days then there is the unpaid days over Christmas/New Years, paid sick days and all that.
All in all, about 2 months of days off for me.

>People should be rewarded the same amount for the effort they put into their work
Cool, seems like it's time to tax the megarich and give more to workers.

It isn't a zero sum game, you don't need other people to have shitty lives for your life to not be shitty
$31,099 is the average yearly salary for the US, lower than germany, france, the netherlands, etc, and shit isnt cheap here in the cities

American median wage is far higher than the European one and that is often before taxes. There is no denying in the fact Americans have the largest purchasing power on earth.

Still doesn't mean they don't deserve vacation

I agree
There is a reason why the US is the most stable economy in the world. We are among one of the most productive countries in the world. People here work hard because they know that things aren't given to them for free or a matter of privilege.

Attached: work productivity.png (356x594, 19K)

You are aware that #1 and #2 have 10 minute work weeks and even paternal leave?

Doesn't matter what you earn, everyone should have paid vacation days. Minimum 30 days.

Hell here in Sweden, parents are entitled to 480 days of paid parental leave per every Child. For both parents.

I hate waking up to go to work in the morning but every week day I wake up and don't go to work when in vacation or even holiday I have this looming sense of guilt over me that says I should be working
such is the wagecuck life

True, americans have great purchasing power

On the other hand americans have insane high property tax(I paid 60usd/year for 350k usd appartment), no free higher education and probably some more. Europeans have larger vat and more expenisve gas, electricity etc.

I think the golden rule is that if you are skilled you are better off in US while if you are not than Euope is better for you

Things are different in the first world you know..

Even unskilled people can make a lot in the USA. Still I don't really think their society is all that appealing.

We have 3 years maternity leave lel

Europe isn't a country, the US is behind certain European countries who have far higher qualities of life. We also work far more hours. Those medians for the US so do not accurately reflect life outside of the fun parts of the US. The poverty and despair of places like Arkansas and Oklahoma would shock the average European, trash burning in the streets and houses made of scrapwood without water and electricity. We don't have access to healthcare, or higher education unless we become soldiers(which I had to do at 17 to afford doctors bills). It's alot harsher than you would think outside of wealthy core cities.

Both are small countries with great cultural emphasis on work ethic. America, not so much. I have no doubt in my mind that people here would be lazier if they could. The whole Americans take pride in their work thing is somewhat false, a lot of people I know try to do the bare minimum. I really don't feel like it's the same in Norway and Luxembourg

No, the truth is it doesn't matter because you'd have to be so skilled you could pick and choose everywhere. And even if they make a bit more it doesn't make their life automatically better, in reality people just pick the country they like to live in more.

How the fuck is paid vacation even a thing? Why would you get paid for NOT doing work? Really boggles the mind. And who the fuck takes over for you while you're jerking off in the basement for 3 weeks? Do they have to find a temporary guy and just fire him when you come back?

You're right. Where I grew up there were four jobs when you graduated: prison guard, soldier, miner, or slaughterhouse/meat packer. I wish the US was farther ahead but it really isnt.

Not much would shock europeans anymore, Trump is unable to figure out how to put down an umbrella. It was in the news for like 3mins today and everyone shrugged.

Where'd you grow up?

Heathcare is intersting topic because even the most right wing parties here agreed that healtcare should not be a business

Few years back our right wing coalition govement introduced "registration fee" for every doctor visit. It was one us dollar. They lost next election and supreme court decided its unconstituonal.

Oklahoma

I had my toenail removed last month, my bill was $650 dollars and my insurance denied my claim because I didn't see the proper general practioner before visiting the podiatrist(foot doctor)

No one really takes over. The office I work in is empty over the vacation season since everyone takes their days at the same time.

I haven't had a break ever. In 15 years, no break. I've grown up in severe poverty, still am in it, have done everything objectively right, and I'm still stuck. I'm bipolar and slowly deteriorating, I can't get healthcare to fix it, and I'm on the verge of attempting suicide... again.

I fucking hate myself and this country. Europeans have zero idea just how bad it is in the US.

Yikers, you know in Norway it’s impossible to spend over 230USD per year on healthcare, i paid 300usd one year and got reimbursed by the state.

I guess if you work at a place that can just shut down on a whim it works. Some places literally can't shut down ever.

Public administration don't like to pay vacation days

I worked at an energy plant and if you wanted some time off you just informed the people in charge of making the rosters before the next one was published.

>Do they have to find a temporary guy and just fire him when you come back?

Big companies and factories have usually whole month during summer vacation.

elmao wtf, what a foot doctor has anything to do with a toenail, your insurance is a scam

Here 14 days for every 6 months. You can save them up, to get 28 days, or even more if you feel like it.

I feel like you didn't push hard enough to climb the ranks or risk finding a different job for more pay. I grew up poor and I found myself working at a mechanics shop until I was 19. The entire time I kept searching for other opportunities and I finally found one that paid well.

His insurance probably requires some contracted doctor to arrange an appointment for him, or else they just claim he did it by himself.

>just pull yerself up

60 or 600? 60$ doesn't seem "insane".

Unironically yes

>unpaid days over Christmas/New Years,
Wtf Sweden?

It's very logical. It means you are not obligated to work but they don't have to pay you at the same time. It's pretty good deal

>have to go to work during my vacation to finish something for school in their software
At least it's paid, i.e. I get the same shit wage as if I weren't taking vacation.

>I make only $10,000 after taxes BUT AT LEAST I HAVE PAID VACATION

Such is suffering in Eastern Europe

because they said so
I saw that future when I was in highschool so I joined the Army to get healthcare and school along with like 20% of my highschool. I'm not blaming you for not being a soldier, but it drives me crazy when Americans are poor they get blamed for not joining the Army. Its so fucked up. You shouldn't have to become a soldier to have access to doctors or schools

Thing is, every single worker have a minimum of 41 paid vacation days. Doesn't matter if you clean toilets at McDonald's or earn a million per year.

How big companies solve this is with splitting the work force. Some take their days in July, some in August. Some in January etc. You take your days when you want to.
Christmas and New Years (and Halloween, Easter) are red days here. Like a Saturday or Sunday. So you get the days off but no pay.

But it's not your fault your company isn't opening over Christmas and New Years. Therefore they should pay you.

Not like it makes a difference, the annual wage would still be the same in different legal settings.

The government can also be open and watch armies of very angry employees arrive late, do jack shit and go home early.

>I feel like you didn't push hard enough to climb the ranks or risk finding a different job for more pay.
I took 11 AP classes in high school, was valedictorian, and got a full scholarship to a top 30 private university after caffeine binging my health into oblivion, turning into a skeleton, and giving myself arrythmia.

They've proceeded to fuck me left and right at my university, refused to fulfill their obligations and caused me to starve while I sit everyday around rich assholes.

I've gone from homeless to practically ivy league in 7 years and I'm no better for it

I pulled myself up by my fucking bootstraps and all I got is mentally ill, scarred, and miserable

Even if I get a job after college which pays decent, I'll never be the same