If I shoot myself, would I lose consciousness before my brains get scrambled?

If I shoot myself, would I lose consciousness before my brains get scrambled?

I don't want to go to the afterlife as a down syndrome

Attached: images (25).jpg (235x215, 7K)

It would be like being punched by Gold Experience

Why you want to an hero user?

There is no afterlife. All that happens is the experiences, thoughts that make up YOU simply cease to exist.

You enter an eternal darkness of non-existance and nothingness.

Which is just returning to where you--and everyone--comes from before you're born.

Then how was I born?

You sound pretty fucking retarded as it is, user. I wouldn't worry about it.

throughur mothers ass, you're a unique case, that's why you look like that

benis in bagina

Yes. If you hit the brainstem, it will get destroyed before it can process pain and without the brainstem the brain simply shuts down instantly. It will be fade to black literally.

Shotgun is the best method. ALOT of people fuckup pistol an hero.

you made me laugh user thanks

There would still be incoherent brain activity till you bled out. Pretty bad way to go honestly.

>You enter an eternal darkness of non-existance and nothingness.
You don't "enter" anything. You just said so yourself. The whole "darkness" thing is a confused way of thinking about death.

do you have any proof?

Are you autistic? I wasn't being literal I was trying to sound poetic by using figurative speech

>would I lose consciousness before my brains get scrambled?
no, it will depend on the angle the bullet hits your head.... IF you shoot there that is

oh, and also depends on the caliber

why are australians so strongly against suicide?

*tips fedora*
faggot

Attached: images.jpg (1024x983, 175K)

You both confuse me. Define "nothing". If something exists and then it ceases to exist then it obviously transitions to a different state, nothing or whatever. But what happens in "nothing"?

Your brain transitions to mush so there is nothing experiencing anything since mush can't have experiences

If that's what you took away from the post then I wouldn't worry about becoming an hero because you're already functionally braindead.

It's like when you have an electronic functioning and then you pull the plug from the outlet and it just stops, there's nothing there anymore, it's just a bunch of plastic and conductors that without electricity are as useful as a rock.

Attached: australian.png (625x682, 125K)

the data isn't deleted when you unplug it
it's just unavailable
if you wanted to pick a nihilist materialistic example, you chose quite the wrong one
you don't turn "something" into "nothing", you just transform it into another "something" (less useful, usually)

the analogy is not perfect, when you unplug your computer the data that RAM contains is irrevocably lost, however the data stored inside your SSD or HDD will persist after the device is powered off.

well but what happens to the conscience? it can't just disappear due to the conservation of matter.

but again due to conservation of energy, it is not created or destroyed. so you pull the plug, the flow of the electrons will stop but they won't disappear. so maybe our conscience behaves likewise.

yeah i am thinking vaguely along those lines

same with anything in this world. they all affect something else
the famous question "if a tree falls and no one is there to see it, does it really fall?" has the answer "yes, because someone will find a log lying there one day"

you mean a log file, right? with the timestamp. as a proof of when that happened.

>well but what happens to the conscience?
it's lost
what persists is the memory of you on other people
even your mom or your pet or the paramedic that had to take your dead carcass to the morgue will become affected by your death

>There is no afterlife.

Attached: download.png (211x239, 9K)

Of course there is an afterlife. It is just not what we tend to think it is.

why do you want to die such a violent death? use helium and a oven bag with some tubing.

i guess OP thought "violent" = quick
hmmmm but again, depends on the nature of the wounds

i think consciousness is the effect of the brain's processing of information and the body's sensory
equipment. our bodies' sensory organs are stimulated and that data is sent to our brains for processing.
the data is processed by a network of neurons and from the billions of connections that exist among the
neurons our mind manifests itself as an 'executive function' for interpreting the data and making decisions
based on the data. this is cliche but i really do believe that our bodies and minds is analgous to the computer
hardware and the software programs, the brain is the hardware and the mind is the software. without functional
hardware, the mind cannot exist.

Haha what a retard