How do I tell the difference between someone speaking Swedish, Norwegian or Danish?

Without knowing any of these languages I mean.

Attached: 1522718294195.jpg (720x687, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nPlkRfX0p4
youtube.com/watch?v=jPTGRigwYug
youtube.com/watch?v=UCZMbeq9XyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LIEdmaoMjD8
youtube.com/watch?v=suK34prc56o
youtube.com/watch?v=tgwbi0BedkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you don't

Norwegian would be like how Varg speaks but it being a bunch of gibberish instead of English.

Swedish would be like how pewdiepie speaks but it being a bunch of gibberish

Danish would sound like a mix of Dutch and Norwegian.

swesish sounds different. kind of like "florpdy dorpsy doo?"( listen for the word "ikea"). Finnish is more like russian (think czech, ugly gutteral language). Danish is the hard one. Not much you can do there.

Norwegian is very jolly.
Swedish is more baseline.
Danish is very guttural.
Finnish is very dumb smelling and sounding.

they'll all go the way of the dodo in 10-20 years so I would just wait it out

Swedish is just basically gay black cock gargling :DDDDDDDD

Finnish is ugly language that is russian in origin. You can spot a finn because they flee in terror when hearing swedish.

danish is like a mix of dutch, german and swedish, norwegian is like swedish but it sounds really nice and sensible and swedish is gay as fuck

Swedish sounds like a cum farts of gay man :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Attached: KEKKERONI.jpg (600x539, 34K)

Why hasn't anyone made any decent banter yet...

Attached: 1422002748298.png (509x411, 19K)

>You can spot a finn because they flee in terror when hearing swedish.
literally every time i've heard anyone speak swedish i've immediately beaten the shit out of them

>Zhang Literacy 101
You have to go back.

I came to write a decent response and what do I see, people comparing finnish to slavic languages?
Fuck you all, we use vowels, not consonants.

She's cute. I want to save her.

>Finnish is more like russian (think czech, ugly gutteral language).
Literally what? Are you retarded?

dobry den, jak se mas?

ching chong, ping pong

If their skin is black or very dark brown they are Swedish

If their skin is black or very dark brown they are Swedish

Was about to say this too

Swedish is more sing songs
Danish is gutteral
Norway is kind of in between but I think it sounds a bit more neutral

Swedish sounds like Dutch but everyone is swallowing the words instead of using them

Norwegian - Fun and sing-songy
Swedish - Enjoyable, rough sounding Norwegian.
Danish - Ooga-booga sounding German, sounds weird how they swallow their 'L'.
Finnish - Masculine sounding moon gibberish
Dutch - English spoken underwater.
Estonian - Parim keel kunagi!

t. lived in Tallinn and Karlsruhe

finnish food

Attached: 29124997.jpg (800x600, 73K)

you cannot tell the difference. its all jard vard skard blard

based

Attached: 7379b983dbaa1cfda59849269a1aec92.jpg (610x343, 27K)

Swedish sounds like you stumble over your words and letters and then jokingly go on with it.
Danish sounds like a Dutch farmer accent.
Norwegian is qt.

Finnish sounds a bit like Italian to me.

Danish sounds like Norwegian if you had a potato stuck in your throat.

Swedish is like Norwegian but less Danish

Norwegian sounds like they’re overly happy all the time, almost singing when they talk.

Danish sounds likey they have a hot potato in their mouths.

Swedish is beautiful and neutral.

There you go

thinking of moving to karslruhe.. ja oder nein?

What do you think about Faroese?
How about the sound of Icelandic?

You cant because they arr sound the same

swedish is all bouncy and fun sounding
norwegian is like swedish but not as fun
danish is just fucking weird

Attached: 1496388758912.jpg (649x960, 69K)

Ja;
1. 10/10 excellent public transportation.
2. Geographically perfect - Black forest, France is right down the road, 2 hours to Switzerland and 1 hour to Frankfurt airport.
3. Good nightlife
4. KIT is a great university
5. ZKM is the best movie theater I've been to.
Nein;
1. More Men than women due to the technical university.
2. Hot af during summer.

>Swedish is more baseline.
>Swedish is beautiful and neutral.
Seriously niggers. Swedish is the least neutral of all these languages.

>Swedish - Enjoyable, rough sounding Norwegian
Funnily to us Norwegian sounds a lot like a rough Swedish hillbilly accent.

I think that's why so many Swedes say we sound neutral. We have regional dialects that are fairly similar to Danish and Norwegian so to us Swedish people with a neutral/Stockholm accent is the baseline Scandinavian and sounds very clean.

>neutral/Stockholm accent
You mean “wallah jag knullar dig och mama din”

The Swedish 'TV news' accent does indeed sound clean.

ITT: people listening to the Oslo accent and thinking that that's what all of norway is like.
Our range of dialects is larger than any other scandi cunt, come and visit Sogn og Fjordane or Bergen and you'll see

Swedish sounds unironically pretty gay. They actually sound like stereotypical queer with the way they stress some parts of their words

Nynorsk sounds better than Bokmal?

While you technically can't "speak" bokmål or nynorsk as they are strictly written languages, yes the dialects in the areas that use nynorsk are prettier IMO.
And as a bonus they are DEFINITELY "more norwegian" than the dialects in the bokmål areas.

Swedish - language of the sofisticated
Norwegian - qt
Danish - Hebrew of the North
Finnish - When illiterate forest trolls invent a language and miserably

>Stockholm is the baseline Scandinavian
Yeah nah Krille. There's no baseline Scandinavian, and if there was then we would have to talk about two since Norwegian stems from West-Norse while Swedish and Danish come from East-Norse. Stockholm is just baseline swedish, just like Östland dialect us baseline norwegian.

>Sogn og fjordane or Bergen dialect
Lel the insecure western dialectlet strikes again.
It's funny you should mention Bergen of all places though, as it's the most heavily foreign influenced dialect in Norway after Oslo.

>>Sogn og fjordane or Bergen dialect
>Lel the insecure western dialectlet strikes again.
I didn't say they were superior you dickhead, I'm just so fucking tired of people listening to Oslo people and thinking "That's Norway!"
There's much more to norwegian dialects than some sissy femboys pretending to be Norwegian.

Whether you like it or not, it's just as Norwegian as any other dialect, by some standards even more norwegian than others because so many more speak it. Definitely not the most unique obviously, but neither is western norwegian dialects. The most unique is probably found in northern Trondheim, up against the border of Nordland. Those guys talk fucking weird.

Interesting. I've seen many times on Jow Forums that Western Norway has the prettiest version of Norsk. Trondheim seems to be the favorite accent.
>Finnish - When illiterate forest trolls invent a language.
L.O.L

See

Whatever you say, Jens-Christian.

>In denial
Oslo dialect will always be how foreigners see norwegian, that's just how it is.

>haha lol norwegian sounds so cute desu! =3
End yourself so we don't have to please

Attached: 1539088075661.jpg (295x378, 10K)

>Finnish is very dumb smelling and sounding
REEE

>Yeah nah Krille. There's no baseline Scandinavian
I wasn't trying to imply there was. I just meant to say that to a lot of Swedes out there due to the fact that we have regional dialects that reminds you a lot of Norwegian and Danish it feels a bit like the languages are just extreme regional accents of Swedish.

Not sure if Norway or Denmark have something similar with your accents so it's a bit hard to describe.

What?

I actually really like Finnish, but I learned Estonian while in Tallinn. I always get laughed at when I try to speak Suomeksi.

>What?

Attached: last ned.jpg (304x166, 6K)

I would like to ask the foreigners in this thread if they are able to distinguish between dialects of Norwegian?

In the first video, the guy (the whitey) is from Bergen.
youtube.com/watch?v=5nPlkRfX0p4

Second video people are from the Oslo area.
youtube.com/watch?v=jPTGRigwYug

Oh okay, just sounded like the typical "sweden is the center of the nordic" schtick some swedes go on about.
I legit didn't understand what you meant about the whole "norwegian is cute xD" thing you were on about.

People go on about Norwegian "cute, funny, happy" etc 24/7 when what they really are describing are the eastern dialects.

t. dutch, the world second ugliest language(after danish)

Bergen sounds smoother and casual. I like it better.

i know what you mean. bergen is the boston of norway by the way

t. easterner

my gf speaks nynorsk and from nynorsk area but sounds different to both to me, when im sitting on norwegian its like oslo, then when i get there its more like bergen

I think that's just norwegian in general since we got the weird pitch movements, specifically going up at the end in sentences which is unusual in other languages. Pretty much all norwegian dialects do this so not sure what this has to do with eastern dialect.
You should check out Molde dialect, best one imo.

Bergen dialect sounds quite rough and feels like it has similarities to danish.
Oslo dialect sounds very articulated and quite much like swedish language.

>bergen is the boston of norway
*shudders*
Is their accent also equivalent to Boston? If so yikes!

>Molde
youtube.com/watch?v=UCZMbeq9XyQ
They say 'I' instead of 'Jeg'. I like this dialect!

Punch them in the balls until they start speaking English

More like the texas of norway

Swedish is very fluid and almost seems like it has no consonants.
Norwegian sounds pretty much the same, but slightly less gay.
Danish sounds like someone trying to do a mocking impression of Swedes or Norwegians.
Finnish is completely unrelated to any of them and if you can't tell it apart you either have severe hearing loss or Down's syndrome.

nah, that's the north

youtube.com/watch?v=LIEdmaoMjD8

Ah, you're right. I forget about them often desu

>Finnish is completely unrelated to any of them and if you can't tell it apart you either have severe hearing loss or Down's syndrome.
It doesn't matter how different they are you need some experience to tell any two languages apart.

Well, "any two" is a bit of a stretch. You're telling me you couldn't tell the difference between some Sub-Saharan african bush dialect and Mongolian?

I wouldn't if i never heard either. It was an unecessarily extreme arguement though

i bet you wouldn't be able to tell swahili and japanese apart

swedish has gay hehe

I obviously understand mixing up scandic languages, but mixing up finnish with any of the scandic would be like mixing german and italian. It's completely different language families man, I'm suspecting you've never actually heard finnish.

>dfn kommer aldri til å krama en söt svensk bögpojke

Attached: 1517443889021.jpg (519x648, 50K)

No, it's nothing like mixing up German and Italian. German and Italian are part of the Indo-European language family. Finnish isn't even that, it might aswell be mandarin and it wouldn't be any less different from Scandi languages.

Finnish has a huge amount of Swedish loan-words so some sentences can be easy to understand

The problem si actually i neve rheard scandies, maybe a couple times. But i have no idea what the difference is and i heard so little finnish it's likely i wouldn't be able to recognize them. If they really are so different, maybe for example i would be able to recognize out of 10 audios from both languages two groups of languages. But i am not even sure i would be able to tell which one is finnish. Also it's not about how different they are, some peopel confuse portoguese with russian, I aqm sure someone somewhere confuses italiana nd german too.

having a shared language family does not necessarily mean they sound similar. the history of the languages says more about the grammar more than the phonology.

example: the basque language. it has literally no ties to spanish or any other indo european language. still language SOUNDS like spanish.

youtube.com/watch?v=suK34prc56o

i realise that the original basque language probably didn't sound this way, but this is the modern basque

So which Norwegian accent/dialect is the most "old-fashioned/sexy/mystical/enchanting"? The kind of accent that makes people think of fairy tales.
>If one exists

>the basque language. it has literally no ties to spanish or any other indo european language. still language SOUNDS like spanish.
That's where Spanish got ITS sound. Why do you think French sounds so dramatically different from the other Latin languages? The Gaulish predecessor influenced it - an old Celtic language.

See

>So which Norwegian accent/dialect is the most "old-fashioned/sexy/mystical/enchanting"? The kind of accent that makes people think of fairy tales.
I don't think you can point out "one", but for a fairytale-esque story I like the Tromsǿ + Bodǿ dialects.
I stand fast on my general opinions though, western Norway and its dialects are genuinely the best part of Norway.

you're probably right. i don't actually know. my point was that having shared grammatical history doesn't necessarily make the languages sound similar. another example is how for some weird reason, swahili sounds somewhat similar to japanese.

as for your question: since the romantic nationalism days in the 1800-1900s, we have learned to adore the hard working farmers who live in remote places inland. in the video below, the guy with the dark hair has a typical dialect from the remote inlands. it's not so different the from standard eastern accent, so you probably wouldn't even tell it's a different accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=tgwbi0BedkQ

Odin-tier GOAT dialect is unironically either from Värmland in Western Sweden or from places in Eastern Norway. It is peak NORD

Probably what this user said The dialects from middle-inland norway, like Buskerud, Oppland, Telemark and Hedmark is the most fairytale-like dialects. The two most famous authors who gathered and published norwegian folk tales, Asbjörnsen and Moe, were from Oslo and Buskerud respectively though.

literally the same
dunno why they're three different countries desu

>hedmark
no one glorifies us though

ivar aasen didn't even bother visiting us when making the new written language

forever peasants

>Hedmark
I went there once to participate in some gay summer camp.
t. Bergenser

Estonian sounds like baby Finnish, it's pretty funny

>So which Norwegian accent/dialect is the most "old-fashioned/sexy/mystical/enchanting"? The kind of accent that makes people think of fairy tales.
unironically Icelandic

this might just be the most based post I've seen this week

We need a vocaroo of every language to judge all the accusations thrown itt

Danish is the only non gay one, based danes