Is UK nice to stay?

Hi lads
I am accepted from Imperial college london.
I am not sure to attend it or not. It will take one year to finish my master degree.
So let me ask this question, Is UK(London) nice place to live in?
Is imperial college london known in UK?

Attached: UK-flag.jpg (1646x1080, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

topuniversities.com/student-info/choosing-university/top-universities-london-ucl-or-imperial
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QS_World_University_Rankings
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/engineering-technology
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/natural-sciences
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/life-sciences-medicine
thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?
timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2019/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/29/university-league-tables-2019
timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/international-student-table-2018-top-200-universities
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's a 60% chance you will return home without a head

>London

RIP op

Is it That bad?

we are friendly and good people
welcome to england

no you're going to get bullied and rightly so you jap fuck

you are one of asians (not the brit meaning) there. brits treat you as chinaman or dont really see you as someone special

WTF?

konnichiwa

Yes, the UK is a nice place, a lot better than japan

Sup.
Do you know imperial college london? is it worth attending?

it has a prestigious reputation, I don't know much else about it though I am a NEET from Wales
thanks Lorenzo

yes, it's one of the best unis in the country
if you're a beta sheltered freak that is scared of Jow Forums memes then don't bother

>thanks Lorenzo
he was talking about england

UCL or imperial college, which one would you attend if you are accepted from both school?

Anyway, thank you for response

Wales is nicer than England so anything that applies to England applies here tenfold lol

hope you like Sharia

imperial

Attached: aberfan.jpg (920x720, 233K)

passportless virgin

>not living on the slopes of mount doom

ok. I didn't know Imperial is prefered so much.

Holy shit I'm not user anymore

Attached: happy.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

i'm no expert to be honest, ask /brit/

I went to university in London and I worked and lived there for a while afterwards.

Do you have any specific questions? I would definitely recommend London as a place to study and live. It's awesome.

Don't listen to all the twats in this thread who have never even been to London.

It's one of the best unis in the country. I know some people who went there. Whether you attend is up to you, but it is a very very good university with an excellent reputation.

It completely depends on what course you're taking and which university you think is better for that course. Do some research and see whether one of them is better for the topics that interest you. They're both very highly regarded universities.

And most importantly don't listen to people telling you to go to one or the other if they've given you no reasons whatsoever.

I seriously wouldn't listen to him since he's given you no reasons whatsoever to prefer Imperial. Both universities are very highly regarded. You should look at which is regarded as better for your particular subject. And have a look at the particular modules that each university offers, and whether one interests you more than the other.

Then choose whichever one you prefer based on whichever criteria you think are most important. But it's always best to inform yourself before making a choice.

calm down nerd

>I would definitely recommend London as a place to study and live. It's awesome.

Attached: eb3.jpg (800x668, 52K)

>Hi lads
>I am accepted from Imperial college london.
Nice one.
>I am not sure to attend it or not. It will take one year to finish my master degree.
>So let me ask this question, Is UK(London) nice place to live in?
You really have to choose the right area. Have a proper look into where you'll be living. It can be very expensive for not a lot in the good area, and in the shitty areas. You don't want to skimp on location. It could be nightmare to get to and from uni or you could live in a shithole. I would recommend looking up if they do studio flats accommodation or a private self contained one with security. Basically you're foreign and not European there's gonna be some cultural cues you're not gonna get about bad situations or areas. There's literally anything you want to buy, eat, see or do though its a great place for fun. Probably loads of Japaneses for you to meet up with if you wanted.
>Is imperial college london known in UK?
Yeah, its a fucking good uni. One of the best in the world. Not as famous as Oxford, Cambridge though.

well, Thank you so much for amazing answer.

1. It is expensive to live in london? I heard it gonna cost over £1000 to live in decent apartment in london

2. Is it true master student in UK(especially foreign students) are not respected?

fucking poor runts, too much of a poor brainlet to study here.

Imperial and UCL are both good unis, but I would go with imperial if I had the choice.
topuniversities.com/student-info/choosing-university/top-universities-london-ucl-or-imperial

who needs money when your mum does it for free?

These are not arguments.

>It is expensive to live in london? I heard it gonna cost over £1000 to live in decent apartment in london
It depends where you live. Are you familiar with the London travel zones? See pic related which is the Underground map. Zone 1 is the centre of the city (usually too expensive for mere mortals - it's a waste of money trying to get a place there, unless you're stinking rich). Zone 2 forms a ring around zone 1, then Zone 3 is further out, etc.

The last place I lived was Stockwell, in Zone 2. I paid £715 a month for my room in a shared house, with four other people. In my opinion it was a good location - could easily and quickly get into the centre of London.

During my last year of uni I lived near Manor House, which is on the edge of Zones 2 and 3, and I only paid about £380 a month in a shared house, which was abnormally cheap to be honest.

I guess the most common prices in a shared house would be in the range of £500 - £800 a month, depending on the area, and the size of your room, etc. If you were thinking of getting an apartment by yourself, then yes I think the costs might be around £1,000 a month or more. Shared houses are my preference because you can save money, but your preference may differ.

If you were going to Imperial, which is in West London, you'd probably want to look at areas in the West - possibly Hammersmith, or even Acton or Ealing, which are still nice places to live (I've been to Ealing a few times, it's a nice area). I guess you want to look at transport links to figure out how you would commute from your accommodation to university. If you were going to UCL then you might want to look more in North London (e.g. Camden, Finsbury Park, Manor House, etc.). But these are just suggestions, at the end of the day you should choose a place you're happy with.

(Continued in another post)

Attached: tube-map.gif (2483x1832, 424K)

さあ日本くん、大冒険へ!!

One of the best colleges.

These things I've suggested are just suggestions and what's most important is making a decision that's right for you, at the end of the day. Everyone's got different preferences - perhaps having a place all by yourself is more important to you. I'd definitely recommend doing more research and speaking to your family about it etc.

By the way, I bet if you looked on the internet, you might be able to find other Japanese students studying/living in London who might have spare rooms available in their shared houses. But then again nationality is not necessarily a barrier between people - in the last place I lived in London, I was living with people from various different countries. I was the only native Brit. And there was no problem at all - they were very decent people and we got on well.

If you wanted to look for vacancies in shared houses, by the way, then spareroom.co.uk is a very popular site which I've used before (I think I found my last place in London through that). But also you could look at Imperial/UCL internet forums which might have people advertising spare rooms they have available.

As I say these are just suggestions and ideas. My preferences may well be different from yours and you should definitely follow your own preferences.

>Is it true master student in UK(especially foreign students) are not respected?
There are tons of students in London. And there are also MANY people of all sorts of different nationalities (I have worked with, lived with, studied with people from all over the globe when I was in London). So I don't think students / foreign students are not respected.

Also another website I might mention: thestudentroom.co.uk is good. It's a big student's internet forum. You might find other people from Japan on there who are studying in London if you search for it.

I think I'm probably rambling too much. Anyway hope this helps in some way.

After Oxford and Cambridge what university do you think is the best for studying History? Durham?

According to QS world rankings (which are considered quite reputable), LSE (London School of Economics) is the next best uni for history in the UK after Oxbridge. Which doesn't surprise me because LSE is very good.

Source: topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/history
And if you want to read more about QS world rankings: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QS_World_University_Rankings

However, as a humanities graduate myself, I would probably say this: humanities degrees are pretty pointless. Unless you plan to become a journalist, but even then, your published work is what will get you a job, rather than a degree.

Humanities degrees aren't really required for anything. If you wanted to go into law, for example, just do a law degree. Otherwise, if you just have a humanities degree, you have to do an expensive conversion course to get into law (at least you do in Britain).

Science degrees, on the other hand, ARE required for many jobs, and will basically guarantee you a job in some fields (well, assuming you're competent and you have good grades).

It's up to you of course. In my case, I did some computer science modules as electives during my degree. And those are what got me a job after university. My humanities knowledge hasn't really opened any career doors for me. So I probably would have been better off doing a degree that opens more doors. Like physics or something.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 19.04.18.jpg (786x1290, 182K)

It's a great university. Come to the UK and get away from your painful culture for a bit.

Do you love Britain?

brits are ok

I went to UCL which is about the same level as Imperial, or very slightly worse, depending on subject area.

Imperial is regarded as a top 3 or 5 uni, especially for STEM subjects. Though it is not regarded as a 'cool' or for a particularly fun student body. Has a campus in a very nice, if slightly dull and expensive area of London.

Which uni you pick, and where you choose to live in London depend on your interests (social vs. purely academic) and budget.

Thanks. my friend!

I am totatly not familier with London or UK(I just applied to UK school because my supervisor recommended to do so)

Thank you so much precious feedback!

Hope it helps a bit.

I would definitely recommend doing more research though, perhaps searching around the internet for other Japanese people (or just other foreign students, or students generally) who have studied or are studying at Imperial / UCL. Talking to people who are in the same boat as you is always a good thing. And if you find people you have lots in common with, then maybe you could share accommodation with them.

Definitely don't use Jow Forums as your only source of opinions and information. Jow Forums definitely isn't the best place for serious, balanced advice.

>Flags

Attached: 1527950803230.jpg (307x353, 19K)

Imperial college is high-tier in the UK
Perhaps fourth place below Oxbridge and St Andrews.
It's a high top 100 university.
London can be very pleasant though rather noisy, but it also has its downsides.
I haven't been to imperial college but would you not get student accommodation?
England is very sociakly liberal so as a non-white you would be treated very favourably and likely experience no discrimination

Yes, and yes.

no we regularly round up japs in the town square and hang them

depends what you're studying, I'd go for UCL
they're both really good unis though

>No Discrimination
It's London. There MIGHT be a BIT of discrimination if he wanders into the wrong places...

>St Andrews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Imperial: 8th best university in the world (3rd best in the country)
UCL: 10th best university in the world (4th best in the country)
St Andrews? 97th best university in the world (18th best in the country)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You Scottish twat.

Attached: laugh.jpg (500x421, 40K)

come to england, we love japs

Attached: 0c2364db9144425495c0194ba258d695.gif (540x427, 45K)

hey op, listen to these posts: also, londoners aren't as friendly as the rest of the uk but you'd probably be used to strangers not being chatty seeing as you come from japan, good luck and enjoy it here if you come over.

>not doing STEM
Fucking become an hero

University rankings for engineering and technology:
Imperial College London - 6th in the world (2nd in the UK, behind Cambridge, ahead of Oxford)
St Andrews - 301st in the world (30th in the UK. Even the University of Strathclyde is higher.)
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/engineering-technology

University rankings for natural sciences:
Imperial College London - 10th in the world
St Andrews - 148th in the world
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/natural-sciences

University rankings for life sciences and medicine:
Imperial College London - 11th in the world
St Andrews - 338th in the world
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2018/life-sciences-medicine

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How can you be so UTTERLY deluded? What the fuck is wrong with you?

St Andrews isn't even the best uni in Scotland (Edinburgh outperforms it in pretty much every way)

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laugh2.jpg (1000x667, 77K)

Shut the fuck up
thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?

norf > souf
that being said UCL is a nice uni

Attached: 1462797248684.jpg (1152x2048, 1.33M)

You fat inbred geordie cunt

Imperial College London: 9th in the world (3rd in the UK)
St Andrews: 165th in the world (24th in the UK)

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2019/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In all serious, OP, the evidence should be clear by now. This absolute moron is trying to con you into thinking his alma mater has any shred of significance at all, when in reality St Andrews is a THOROUGHLY average university. There are many, MANY British universities which are superior - Oxbridge obviously, Imperial obviously, UCL obviously, but also Edinburgh, Manchester, King's College London, LSE, Bristol, Warwick, Glasgow, Durham, Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, Southampton, and others.

user is trying to pass off a Ford as a Ferrari. How pathetic.

Attached: laugh3.jpg (506x337, 53K)

People will meme, but yes it is. London is expensive though.

Don't use any ranking apart from completeuniversityguide

Yeah its the highest ranked in the UK outside of Oxbridge, its kinda autistic though it has the highest male:female ratio in the UK iirc, (like 65% male) probably cus of the computer science/maths programmes

St andrews is top tier

Attached: 1515235478898.jpg (583x473, 19K)

plenty of open bobs go there

>don't use any ranking apart from the one that artificially inflates the standing of my alma mater
>ignore EVERY SINGLE OTHER RANKING, including the ones that are FAR MORE REPUTABLE, which rank my alma mater MUCH, MUCH LOWER
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And if you look at your shitty little ranking that you're quoting, you find:

a) IMPERIAL IS STILL HIGHER. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
b) The ONLY category where you shitty alma mater is higher than Imperial is "student satisfaction". OH YEAH BECAUSE STUDENT SATISFACTION ISN'T GOING TO GET YOU A FUCKING JOB ISN'T IT
c) Imperial scores higher than your shitty alma mater in EVERY OTHER CATEGORY - entry standards, research quality, and graduate prospects - and by a significant margin in each category.

YOUR ALMA MATER IS GARBAGE. GET OVER IT.

Attached: laugh4.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>London
Lmao enjoy being stabbed and having acid thrown on you, then the police do nothing because they're too scared of blacks and muslims

You sound mad
theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/29/university-league-tables-2019

>deluding yourself into thinking your alma mater is anything other than garbage
>MUH STUDENT SATISFACTION! THAT WILL GET ME A JOB RIGHT?
>meanwhile imperial outranks your garbage alma mater in student to staff ratio, spend per student, average entry tariff, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, career after 6 months

YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY BE THIS DELUDED

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laugh5.jpg (640x480, 74K)

calm down mate

no stay where you are

差別されたいなら行って来いww

Ok retard

>doesn't have an argument
Lmao.

Attached: laugh6.jpg (590x421, 20K)

Make another long post that i won't read

Mate, he wouldn't face discrimination at Imperial or UCL for fuck's sake. Both of them are highly academic institutions, full of people of all sorts of nationalities and races. London is also a highly multi-ethnic city. It's a socially liberal city, and especially among university types, you will not face discrimination.

According to an article I just found from Times Higher Education (owned by The Times, one of the major newspapers of Britain), a whopping 55.4% of Imperial's students are international (i.e., not British), which is apparently the 7th highest proportion of international students of any university in the world. For UCL, the figure is 48.8%, which is 11th in the world.

timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/international-student-table-2018-top-200-universities

>doesn't have an argument
LMAO

Attached: laugh7.jpg (1600x1150, 191K)

Hope you enjoy getting stabbed then get fined for no tv license

kek

>has never been to london in his entire life
Fuck off you bogan cunt