Does your city have a lot of these shitty kebab/pizza places?

Does your city have a lot of these shitty kebab/pizza places?
Mine is littered with them. I always feel a little bad about it. The owners are often hard working but poorly skilled people that in order to make some money have to resort to lowest possible prices and very long opening hours (often past 00:00)

Attached: 43047155_1863610487027470_771742817784430592_n[1].jpg (960x720, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/my-favorite-falafel-231755
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

restaurants that sell Vietnamese or Thai food replace them in my country

Why do you feel bad for Turks and Moroccans? They are scum.

Really? Thai food is pretty middle class stuff here.

Dunno, just got back from a new one that opened up nearby, I suspect them of being Syrians. It was just kinda sad, the place was well kept and new but clearly has little business and the owners family was there with their handicapped son.

I have worked at a dying delivery restaurant myself and I can only feel sympathy towards these people. My own boss went through hell to try and keep a failing business running and only blamed himself.

Western sydney is filled with kebab stores its esentially a staple fast food

What's danish pizza like?

It's not about the kebab more about these shitty family owned fastfood places in general.

Well the Syrians I've met were better than Turks and Moroccans. I can understand having sympathy, I personally don't. Many skills to be learned if one tries.

It is very hard to gain capital to start a business to begin with. It costs a lot of time and you cannot really learn any lessons. If it fails, you are fucked.
Nobody loans money to people that have failed before.

by danish i mean dutch

doner kebab pizza is godtier

Pretty shitty. We do not have a pizza culture like you have hence these 'Muslim' grill rooms that make cheap pizza are popping up everywhere.
I think Domino's too is doing big business in the Netherlands for that reason.

Also to review my pizza: it was very thin but the taste was good because of the usage of spices/herbs. Which is rare for these places to use.

That's not the only thing you have netherlands, youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA

hahahahah.

Epic
Actually it's good that they add some sort of sound to these things. I was scooter delivery driver for 2 years and driving like maniacs is how you get your coworkers to respect you. A lot of accidents happened because of those electric things having no sound.

After the 2008 crisis many places closed, but latelly the number of small joints opening is ridiculous.

Actually this is fucking hilarious, sadly Domino's in my city still has a motorized fleet.

Attached: Dominos-Stadhuis[1].jpg (1250x493, 236K)

Dominos is mediocre as hell. Offers are good, but i'd rather eat less times at my local pizza place than there.

No, I live in a village so there's nothing there except for a tavern and there's three stores and a tavern in the neighbouring bigger village

It is super shitty. We have our own domestic dominos which is a literal dominos copy with garlic oil sprinkled on top and tastes better for that reason alone.

But dominos is cheap and people like cheap. Especially combined with coupons

Haven't eatten for years and years.
Ate a pizza at my local place couple of months ago and it was to die for tbqh.

Fun fact.
They sell shitty and small falafel for 3-4€, while if you are not a faggot and go and buy from the Arabs, the thing costs 1.5€, is massive and delicious.

What is falavel like? I'm curious what they put inside it

No, we have Tacos stands and they usually do well.

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/my-favorite-falafel-231755

I live in London, they're absolutely everywhere (either kebab shops, chicken shops or some combination thereof)

It's great if you know a good one, but some of them can be kinda grimy and give you real bad diarrhea afterwards.

Falafel over here is kind of hipsterish food. Often vegan and never really sold by cheap Arab places.
Pretty cool you have it as a fastfood in Greece, though I suppose it's popular all over the eastern-Med region

yeah they make better pizza than the southerners, at least in the north

Lots of kebab shops in my area are becoming a bit posher and selling normal turkish food. Still loads of chicken shops though

>chicken shops
Like fried chicken? Those are very rare over here outside of KFC.
I remember from my trip to the UK as a teen I loved the 'Chicken Cottage'. Seemed like heaven to me with so much fried chicken

Man, everything cheap and everyday for normal folk becomes A BIG FUCKING DISCOVERY for all the HOW TO FILL MY TIME NOW hipsters and other proffessional consumers.

There's only one place in my town as far as I know that sells döner kebab and gyros. There's however a whole load of pizzerias, some better than others. There's one place that has housed like 4 different pizzerias in the last 2 years or so. They never do that well because of the awful location.

Kind of. They're like really low budget versions of KFC that just sell things like chicken wings, legs, chips and sometimes ribs and burgers. They have all sorts of meme names like "Ken's Fried Chicken" or "Tasty Fried Chicken".

If you ever pass a Morleys are like 4pm, it'll be packed with schoolchildren buying boxes of chicken

Attached: Morley's,_Wandsworth_High_Street_01.jpg (1200x900, 241K)

I just buy souvlaki in an oldskool place nobody really goes to except people who know.
The old guy's guy's a fuckin artist though.
Worth the money.
+ he doesn't have nor the kill me nor the I am fucking changing the world right now attitude.

Small businesses are really tragic
They either die tragically or live long enough to be the villain

In the UK I unironically liked the places who sold pies, sandwitches with bacon etc and fish&chips.

The places that sell EVERYTHING from pizzas to kebabs to burgers to..., are automatically dropped.

almost every town and city here does

they're generally fronts for some dodgy business or another.

It's part of a city's lifecycle. Eventually all businesses will be places that serve food, and that's when you move to somewhere with real employement opportunities.

Half of these places are for money laundering

Nahhh, I don't believe so.
It's just that after the great recession loans are hard to get by and restaurants and cafe's and bars are the only places that operate with come and go cash.

Good thai food is the best.

This

No we have much worse looking plazas. That looks quite nice.

friend used to have a kebab place downstairs of his apartment, the guy running the place would sometimes bring free pizza and talk how much he hates israel

Not all of them. But yes I am aware of the amount of money laundering going on, though you can clearly see when someone is making an effort or not.