How come foreigners mention New York, LA, SF, Chicago, DC, but never Atlanta?

How come foreigners mention New York, LA, SF, Chicago, DC, but never Atlanta?

Atlanta has made BIG strides and become a nice city.
I'm not from there, but I think it's a really nice place.

Attached: atl.jpg (672x378, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States#20_busiest_US_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic_(2017)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_city_airport_systems_by_passenger_traffic
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Atlanta
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it's a flyover city that nobody cares about

Atlanta is a literal who unless you like old music.

Isn't it full of niggers?

Doesn't it have the busiest airport in the world or something?

Attached: black people.png (500x373, 201K)

All the major cities has black people in them

This
out of all the major cities scourged with niggers, Atlanta is the most tame in nigger violence. Has to do with southern hospitality

Because it's culturally irrelevant. There's nothing going on in Atlanta aside from a bunch of hip hop artists. And we don't particularly fancy the southern climate.

Atlanta is in the South and therefore considered shit by the rest of the country

Attached: 1538160362622.webm (640x800, 1.38M)

is stacey abrams going to win?

All of the other cities OP mentioned (NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, DC) do not have as large of a proportion of blacks as Atlanta does (although DC is relatively close, I guess).

But DC is a very important city, unlike Atlanta. Here is why each city that OP mentioned (apart from Atlanta) is important:

NYC is the biggest city in the US and is renowned for being the financial capital of the country.
LA is the second biggest city and is renowned for being the home of the globally influential movie and TV industries.
SF is renowned for being the home of the tech industry, and the home of the '60s hippie movement.
Chicago is renowned for... I dunno, being a big city (third biggest in the US), and the capital of the midwest.
DC is of course renowned for being the capital, and the heart of government.

What the fuck has Atlanta ever done? Nothing. It's only the 38th largest city in America (pic related). Okay, it's part of the 11th biggest "Combined Statistical Area" (metropolitan area, basically), but that's still not very impressive. More important and renowned cities like Miami, Houston, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Boston are part of larger statistical areas.

I think Atlanta is becoming more prominent as a filming location in the TV/movie industries right? I keep seeing things that are filmed there. Pinewood Studios (British film studios) has opened a location there. But still, Atlanta is a pretty fucking massive way from being Hollywood, isn't it?

Exactly.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 19.50.30.jpg (1722x1772, 1.04M)

I think so. It has lots of connection flights with Europe.

it has the blacks

I've been to the US only once, when I was 8, and the only 2 states that I visited were Alabama and Georgia. If I recalled correctly there is a big Coca Cola museum in downtown Atlanta. When in Alabama I visited Alabama Space Center. This was back in 1999.

OP here, I'm well aware of Atlanta's black population.
Actually yeah a lot of stuff gets filmed there.

Anyway, Atlanta is a fast-growing city. One of the fastest in the country.
But more important to me, it's a place where they're building a lot of comfy new stuff in the Midtown area. A lot of skilled and educated people are moving there and it's becoming wealthier, whiter, and larger. If you've got a minute check out curbed.com/atlanta and they show billions of dollars in new development projects.
Not shopping strips and cookie cutter houses, it's more traditional stuff.
They're expanding their transit system, their subway, and building a mind-boggling amount of new shit.

Attached: glenwood park.jpg (1500x997, 674K)

And one of the most memorable thing that happened to me when I was there on a train, there was a black girl in double ponytail, about the same age as me, smiling at me and playing with her hair. She whispered something into her mum's ear and her mum said to my mum that her daughter likes me.

Damn man, we were there around the same time.

Southerners think of Altanta as our "capital". When I was growing up it was super boring, but since 2010 or so it's made incredible strides.
I love how chaotic and free-form it is; there might be suburban houses a few blocks from skyscrapers, a block over from rowhouses.
Anyway I'm from Alabama and Huntsville is now our fastest-growing city. Nowhere near being a big city but it's doing well lately. Lots of factories and tech jobs.

Attached: metropolis_mm_march16.jpg (619x381, 175K)

How come San Antonio is so big, yet so irrelevant?

Stop shilling for ersatzChicago.

>Doesn't it have the busiest airport in the world or something?
Didn't know that but apparently it's true - however, this is mainly due to being a hub for domestic flights, within the US. It's only 7th in the US (let alone the world) when it comes to international traffic, only having about a third of the international passengers that JFK does.

By international traffic, Dubai has the most passengers in the world, followed by Heathrow in second.

Also, apparently London has the busiest airport system of any individual city in the world (which includes Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London City, and Southend aiports).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States#20_busiest_US_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic_(2017)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_international_passenger_traffic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_city_airport_systems_by_passenger_traffic

Attached: hank.png (500x373, 243K)

>Isn't it full of niggers?

Yes. Its a shithole. Dont get memed on.

>Atlanta is a fast-growing city
>it's becoming whiter
Indeed, I saw that it's growing, and that it is actually becoming whiter (despite turning progressively blacker over the 20th century, that trend now seems to be reversing).

>They're expanding their transit system, their subway, and building a mind-boggling amount of new shit.
That may well be the case, but OP asked why people don't mention Atlanta alongside the most important cities in the US. And the answer to that question is that Atlanta just isn't important enough. Maybe it might be in 100 years time but it isn't right now.

Like I said, cities like NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, DC are all culturally important for various reasons. But Atlanta isn't. Not to people outside the US, anyway. If Atlanta became super important in some way, like creating some super influential new industry, then I'm sure people would take notice.

54%

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Atlanta

Also, OP forgets that it isn't a big city, is hot and humid and its points of interests include the world of coca cola and some MLK shit.

Did you at least go to a nice part of Georgia?

>Indeed, I saw that it's growing, and that it is actually becoming whiter (despite turning progressively blacker over the 20th century, that trend now seems to be reversing).
It's the same in most major cities gentrification is basically pushing it.

I fucking love gentrification.

Attached: 8626F0A4-3CD8-4EEB-96DB-9300CE01BCF3.jpg (1200x900, 392K)

How is that picture an example of gentrification? That looks like the Netherlands, and those look like old buildings, and it looks like what has probably always been a pretty wealthy area.

Chill, it is the Netherlands. But I think it’s new, and the style is similar to US gentrification buildings. And gentrification doesn’t strictly require new buildings anyway. A lot of US gentrification is from historic renovation and factory conversion.
I’m just phoneposting on the bus, cant be bothered to inspect every pic in the camera roll.

No, Alkmaar is shit

Atlanta is a very domestic US city. I think within the US too it's main position is being a transit center for domestic flights.

>and the style is similar to US gentrification buildings.
You mean brick facades like they do all over earth?

desu Phoenix and San Antonio are even less relevant than Atlanta.

I very much doubt those buildings are new - they're built in a very traditional Dutch style. They look well maintained, but I would have thought they're at least 100 years old, probably more than that.

Look at pic related, it's the same row of houses (in this picture you can see the "Veerhuis Alckmaer" from your photo, this time on the right of the picture). Look at the white house on the left - it says "1756" on it. It also has a plaque on the wall (which you can see if you zoom in on Google Maps) which says that some famous person lived there between 1848 and 1851.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 22.05.35.jpg (2880x1800, 1000K)

Pic related is a good example of gentrification because it shows a swanky new modernist building next to an old crumbling building which was probably originally inhabited by poor people (and may still be).

Attached: gentrification warsaw.jpg (2000x1314, 974K)

From left to right starting with the white one, 17th century (not 1756), (late) 19th century, 1650, 19th century, 18th century, 19th century, 18th/19th century, 18th century, 19th century, 18/19th century, 18/19th century

wh*toids must stay out of atl

they dont call it a black mecca for no reason

same with dc. otherwise it turns into a bland, cultureless suburb

Well the façade of the white building is probably dating from 1756, but the base is older.

>Isn't it full of niggers?
Yes if you don't like it don't come. Get blacked or begone.

No, I mean the height of the buildings, the style of roofs, the way they’re built right up to the sidewalks. That’s the style of a lot of our new urban buildings.

That’s new by europoor standards

because of foreigners don't want to get raped by blacks and return home with AIDS
also, it's boring.

It's new by Italian standards, but old by French and German standards considering most of their buildings from that age were made of wood and had been replaced in the 19th century. But it's just a street on the edge of a town nobody cares about.

Midtown, Buckhead and the suburbs are actually a very safe and pleasant place.
I’ve been to every big city in this country and I’d say Atlanta’s my favorite to visit.

Attached: 8E939F4C-3031-487D-906C-E5EE5000FEA0.jpg (604x516, 52K)