Need some serious advice Jow Forums

Need some serious advice Jow Forums

I'm from Serbia, at the moment I'm finishing High School. I do not want to continue my studies here because I truly hate this country and it's people, mob mentality, nationalism, unfairness etc..

I want to go study in America / Canada since I know English pretty good. I've been saving enough money to take TOEFL ( which is expensive to take here ) and am ready to.

Now the only problem is, me and my family ( Single mother, father died of ALS 10 years ago, and a younger sister who is 10 at the time ) have absolutely no means of paying my studies, mother works minimum wage ( 200 euroes a month )..I can get sent like around 4000 USD a year and that is with the help of relatives.

Is there any chance for me to get into a uni / college from USA / Canada where they can cover my expenses? My GPA, when converted to American standards, is a bit higher then 3.60. I'm willing to work while studying and doing everything I can to pay as much as possible. I would like to study criminal justice or psychology.

I really want to leave this country because there's no future for me here. It's terrible out here and I'm not even from the Capital which makes it far worse. Serbia operates on how rich someone is and how many connections you have. Smart, top of the class people end up as minimal wage workers in a shitty Korean car company.

Please Jow Forums help me. It would be really appreciated if you can suggest some unis you know work with people like me.

Second attempt at posting this after not getting many replies yesterday.. thanks for the 1 guy that did reply.

Attached: aa259d3b8aeb5c9815695ebdf31c4242.jpg (3024x4032, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment
studyusa.com/en/a/536/scholarships-for-international-students-planning-to-study-in-the-usa
capella.edu/online-psychology-degrees/FAQ/how-long-does-it-take-to-become-a-psychologist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

>Serbia operates on how rich someone is and how many connections you have
If you think it's dfferent anywhere else then I don't know what to tell you, enjoy shining shoes in Detroit

Attached: 729.png (645x729, 68K)

I would bet anything that you're from the north, try living in the south for a bit. It's quite difficult when Vucic sees your city only as a place to bring foreign companies who hire minimum wage.

>I truly hate this country and it's people, mob mentality, nationalism, unfairness etc..
Don't worry, all of us have been 16 at some point

My house doesn't have a paved road, just gravel

>Is there any chance for me to get into a uni / college from USA / Canada where they can cover my expenses? My GPA, when converted to American standards, is a bit higher then 3.60.
>I can get sent like around 4000 USD a year

oh naive user. why dont you marry someone here for your papers? you can be a nice housewife.

Attached: college.png (1136x640, 49K)

I think that if you get a visa to study in the US your employment options are limited.

uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment
According to the address above you may not be able to work your first year, and after that year you may need to stick to a job in your field of study.
Depending on what you study getting employment in school could be difficult, I imagine.

don't be under the illusion that they'll treat you like anything close to an equal
friendly warning

Russia I see, so, big Serbia. You may like us because of the friendly status between the 2 countries but you have no idea how it is to live here.

Also you missed by 2 years.

Lmao, I don't think I've seen that much money with my own eyes in my entire life.

I bet no one really understands you huh?

I meant more of like a job on campus but didn't mention it so not to limit myself.

I don't care about racism, not everyone is like that.
For example, I give no shit about hating Croatia like the mob mentality here neighbor user

You'd escape Serbia if given the chance in an instant

Reported for underage

>because I truly hate this country and it's people, mob mentality, nationalism, unfairness etc..
>I want to go study in America

Attached: 1500124279251.jpg (727x641, 59K)

Never. Maybe when I was a teen, but now in my late 20's, I'd never leave. Been there, not impressed, here is the life.

Do people in Bulgaria finish HS underage? In Serbia you finish it 18 / 19

it is partly about racism, but it isn't just about racism. there you'll be an economically disadvantaged foreigner, without family or connections. that isn't a position you'd like to be in anywhere, but it particularly isn't a position you'd like to be in in america.

>I truly hate this country and it's people, mob mentality, nationalism, unfairness etc..
>I want to go study in America

Attached: laughingnic.gif (267x219, 1.05M)

Ok you dumb bitch. Hers' the real advice.

1/ Do whatever you can to join the UNITED STATES AIRFORCE
2/ You do that for 4 years
3/ You get your citiznehip or greencard or w.e the fuck
4/ You use you GI bill to pay 100% of college + your living expenses (it will cover all of that shit)
5/ Do whatever i dont give a shit

there you go now shut up you moppy teen

Attached: 1532777097618.jpg (1181x1873, 1003K)

You have no idea how Serbia is then, that's all.

Slaving away for a Korean car company for 200e a month isn't living user.

The thing is that you should stop caring about people, nationality, mentality and etc. and start caring only about yourself. I guess you've got no idea what's life in the West's like, so don't rush for it, better take some prestige uni in Serbia and then participate in an exchange students' programme. If you like the West, then you surely can emigrate and stuff, but if you don't there still will be chance for you to have a bright future in your homeland. Just keep in mind that if you're good at your job, you'll be able to live a nice life almost anywhere

>joining an army that's not your own country's

If you don't have the money, your only option is to get a scholarship. If you can't get that, then Belgrade/Nis/else it is.
Even in the EU countries where there is no tuition fees you will be demanded proof that you are able to finance your stay in order to get a visa, even if you are accepted at a university programme. And considering you don't have the money...your only option is to study hard enough at uni and then get a job abroad or get a scholarship for a master.
Either way you are fucked without money, welcome to reality.

Quality advice

yea dipshit stop fucking whining and look into it. god damn whiners

>can't study psychology in my city because only 30 students can study there free without paying a lot like others
>can't study criminal justice in Belgrade LITERALLY because I'm short, you have to be at least 172 and I'm 169.

>go die (or kill, at least) in the middle east for the interests of american companies because otherwise they won't let you live as a man

Attached: i would prefer not to.png (500x281, 119K)

>I'm 169
lmao life really fucked you up
UNITED
STATES
AIR
AIR
AIR
FORCE
Are you a fucking retard? Just do your 4 years reparing trucks or w.e in some shitty US base and go to school. im down with you faggot

Why would I kill for a country that's not mine. This is just retarded.

so you are dumb faggot teenager AND you are manlet born among some of the tallest humans on planet?
fuck off to kikerica asap you stupid retarded traitor scum

You are literally functionality retarded and I'm glad your life sucks and am now actively hoping it gets worse and you get AIDS for how stupid you are you pathetic manlet faggot

Fuck you we're full

Yeah, forgot to add that you also should START FROM YOURSELF
>>can't study psychology in my city because only 30 students can study there free without paying a lot like others
Why have you given up on the idea of being one of these 30 people already?

>Why join a military that pays 100% of my university and living fees
>Why join a military that gives me free healthcare
>Why join a military that pays me 45k/year for doing jackshit as an uneducated retard

Hurr urr theres NO possible soluytion WAHH WAHH poor is me the manlet serbian pussy bitch whore

get ufcking AIDS fag

>wants to go to university
only retards do that. become a good plumber, a welder or an electrician and you'll live like a boss even in serbia

>can't study criminal justice in Belgrade LITERALLY because I'm short, you have to be at least 172 and I'm 169.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: average montenigga versus an albanian.webm (480x600, 761K)

Look. Your country is in europe and you can access the EU. Why don't you go there to study. It's closer and you won't get marooned half way around the world if all goes to shit. Ask yourself this. Are really about studying or are you trying to migrate to the US? My 2 cents is study in the EU and when you have your degree, then find work in the US. Do it legally and properly.

>That retarded manlet being good at anything
I don't think so

damn I wish I was mountainblackian

Serbia isn't in the EU bro. They're a corrupt retarded shithole even by bulgo-retar standards. For proof see the whiny cuck manlet ITT

he's a young fag so maybe there is still hope for him if he gets his act together

Because there's already 5 in my class only that have deep connections.
My school has 6 classes per year.
There are more than 10 high schools here and more than 6 classes per year are common.

Okay lads, now this is starting to seem like typical /balk/ thread now to me
...and that's based

are you a qt gril

also i hope you have some claim to "diversity" or downtrodden status that you can talk about in an application letter, admissions people love that stuff

Your best bet is to go to Germany or Sweden or one of the EU countries that gives free education to anyone.
You will not make it in America, America does not give anyone a hand-up except wetbacks, everyone else gets hand-downs.

Canada is like an incredibly worse, POZZED out of its bleeding cock-ravaged anus, version of the US that is drowning in propaganda about what a great multicultural and diverse society it is, while in reality everyone is falling down the socio-economic ladder like they're falling down stairs.
They won't even let you in because you are white and not rich.

The West is shrinking, possibly even dying, if you had half a brain you would stay in the East until the West comes to whatever end it is racing to.

Also the fields you want to study are shit and you will never get a job with either of them and will be poor forever.

Get a real degree you entitled shithead.

Attached: 1512511254890.png (719x538, 198K)

he is obviously asking about scholarships and you are being an asshole and quoting the full price.

Go to a mental clinic my frend.

I know user

Too late to learn another language at that level, UK IS a possibility tho.

Seriously fucking die retard

Speaking my language

Attached: numbers577.jpg (517x579, 71K)

are you speaking from experience on Jow Forums apparently?

Thanks for bumping.

shit advice
especially the part
>if you're good at your job, you'll be able to live a nice life almost anywhere
that's bullshit and i speak from experience

no

So? I guess if you really wanted to be a psychologist this much you would've taken additional courses and other shit like that to make sure that you'll be one of 30, but in the case you're seeking for an easy way, just learn German

>I meant more of like a job on campus but didn't mention it so not to limit myself.
I think you could get get an on campus job, even during your first year.

itt: the butthurt belt is hating on one of their own simply because he dared to think about making his life better. jebem vam majku

>make sure that you'll be one of 30
Nigga, what the fuck could I have done?
My parents are nobodies, mother finished law school and works minimum wage, father finished Economic, ran a market for a bit and died of ALS.

I'm not Jovana or Dragana over there whose parents are best buddies with higher ups or are rich.

They are just jealous they missed the train.

take a look here. there might be some leads there.
studyusa.com/en/a/536/scholarships-for-international-students-planning-to-study-in-the-usa

and i hate to say that, but reddit would be a better place to ask questions like this. here everyone is just memeing and hating on you.

This, OP needs to get a scholarship.

Just put some ridiculous high goal, like sending 200 applications and chances are you will get something.

BTW getting any kind of visas right now in America is kinda hard, and the process is expensive and slow.

Yeah on campus jobs are alright with an F1 visa.

>memeing and hating on you
Don't care, it's worth it for the genuine replies like yours.

Yeah I'll try reddit, tho idk what's an active sub that talks about this stuff.
I'll check out the site

>sending 200 applications and chances are you will get something
This was my plan at the start.. until I saw that sending an application costs, and does so a lot by my standards. I can't afford more than 5 from what I saw.

what major do you want to study for? can you do a STEM in your country and then apply for a job here later? it is not that easy, but it sounds like a more popular path. is college free in serbia?

Contact schools you're interested in and ask about merit scholarships for international students.

Psychology or Criminal justice, college is free but not for everyone, there's a certain amount of spots and others pay.
I'm going to do that, I'm making a list.

Did you consider yet where you want to live in America. The Pacific Northwest is really beautiful. But be warned, the locals are not very friendly, the weather can be very depressing in the fall and winter.

But seeing as how you’re a foreigner, I think they’ll like you. They mostly have a problem with Californians moving onto their turf

Anywhere honestly, no preference.
Heard south is cheaper though.

Did you research those two specific tracks, i.e what it takes and how long you would need to study to become a psychologist for example? salaries, opportunities are, etc ?
capella.edu/online-psychology-degrees/FAQ/how-long-does-it-take-to-become-a-psychologist/

>the locals are not very friendly
Subjective and not really important in his situation

I have not because I'm not set in stone yet.
I'm willing to study anything if it's outside of Serbia.

bump for nice serb bro

yeah I don't blame you. I have a soft spot for Serbians because of how much we fucked you over so here's a 20 year old college student's advice.

Schools generally love foreign students because they have to pay more and they get to show off how "diverse" their campus is even though it just ends up making 1/6 of the student population chinese people with no grasp on English. So to take advantage of this research large American schools such as those in "The big 10," "SEC," or schools that are named "University of [US State Name Here] or [US State Name Here] State University. Those tend to be big name schools with a lot of students in them making it cheaper than that of a private school. They're not bad schools tho due to numbers, they're just popular is all.

Also, once you get accepted search for every scholarship possible and apply for them. Usually they require you to keep above a certain GPA which can be difficult sometimes but they give up to thousands of USD sometimes.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I'll be checking this thread out every few minutes or so.

Attached: 6da5o90j0dqx.png (2000x1429, 39K)

бaмп