How do nips treat gaijins that clearly has learned enough japanese to sustain a normal conversation?

How do nips treat gaijins that clearly has learned enough japanese to sustain a normal conversation?

Attached: 1520594199010.jpg (4500x4334, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_of_the_Phantom_Master
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Japanese people are unexpectedly xenophile to you gaijins imho, it's not that our society is amicable with outsiders, tho

Attached: 1541010280548.png (1040x1250, 344K)

My friend speaks perfect japanese, studies in one of the best unis of the country and even so japanese people donĀ“t like him.
Japanese people like japanese people (but not so much too)

can I get a job as a writer in japan?

I just want to work with japanese, not live in japan.

>writer
as in what? like a journalist?
your colleagues must be comparatively highly educated to the point they have relatively little cultural gap you expect from the average Japanese i guess

Is he your "Average" BR?

If you had a white wife and look professional, how would you do? Honestly i would not care about working class kiosk fellas calling me gaijin.

Already had a similar thread. It applies to you too

writing light novels.

>huh duh weeb retard kys

do you think that has changed, or will change eventually?

Japan recently let in 500,000 SEAs/indians so slighty maybe.

>writing light novels.
u wot m8 u r gonna write in Japanese?
it's backward, for example I've heard our Immigration Office is far from the 1st world tier treatment to such an extent foreigners there claim "we aren't animals"

I'm learning the language, is expected I need to write japanese as well as I write this english, I expect one year or two of studies will let me write to the level to enter light novel contests.

Of course I don't plan on living in japan.
I just wanna write something that one day may become games or anime.

Soon inshallah

How long have you been writing? How many have you written? How long are they typically, by word count?

I can write, and I've writen a couple novels for fun.
Right now I am reading a bunch of creative writing books, books about grammar, rhetoric, figures of speech and books on writing fantasy and genre fiction.

I dunno how much time I've been written, maybe since I was a teen?

I don't know how much a light novel may be word count, but a western genre fiction novel may be around 80k words, and I know light novels are less than that.

the case of foreigners writing/drawing novels/manga is little to no here, i can name, for example, Shindo Eru, who is an American drawing hentai, and there's a swede mangaka drawing manga where the cultural differences between Sweden and Japan are depicted. as for novels I'm quite sure there have been no light novelists with a foreign origin, same goes for a novel. IIRC an Iranian woman applied her work to Akutagawa Award and got picked as one of the final candidates but she eventually failed.

it's basically a tread of a thorny path

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f706f7273746f2e66696c65732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031362f30362f67757066696e6e (540x304, 1.83M)

I'm asking about your work and experience specifically

being an artists is not an easy path and it usually takes a while to get noticed as a writer.
It's not just easier in the west, less than 10% of UK writers can survive off writing, and is usually the top 1% that makes the most money.

It feels a lot like music or any other art.
Music works the same, as being an artist is equally hard.

But I think anime is an industry and they wont decline a good writer they can make money from simply because he's a gaijin.
It may be harder for him initially, but if he can prove he can be profitable to their publishers I don't see why they would refuse to work with him.
It's not like japan translate gaijin literature that hapens to be famous or clasics from the west.

I already told you I've writen for fun in my house, but my goal is to spend maybe six months reading the most from creative writing books and poethry and other types of advice to novelist, so I can get to a profesional level.

Experience is irrelevant if you're good.
My goal is to even lit contest as a way to measure my skill and get notice.

I didn't refer to being an artist per se as a thorny path as it's obvious, i meant to say overcoming the language barrier is the path you must make every effort to go through.
>simply because he's a gaijin
yeah in this regard i firmly believe our so-called subculture industry isn't backward. they aren't so retarded as to decline something simply amusing, i dare say.

>I've written a couple novels for fun
You have nothing specific to say about them? Length, genre, experience writing, etc.?

there's a precedent that manga drawn by a Korean duo was published and won some popularity previously

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_of_the_Phantom_Master

japanese isn't harder than a romance language, no verb conjugation, not complex rearragement of words, no free form phrases like spanish.

japanese main dificulty for me is the fucking weird vocabulary that has not relationship to any romance word (harder to memorize) and the fucking kanjis.

At least that's my major roadblocks, but I've discovered I can use custom vocabulary list on memrise, will do a bunch of vocabs to learn and then I'll try to read light novels for a couple months to learn japanese.

It's not like light novels are somehow even considered literature in the first place, and they're just cheap fantasy most of the time, and very amateurish, at least that's what the translations show me there's not much to worry regarding skill level.

I wrote once a 120 page fantasy novel inspired by berserk.
And smaller novelletes of maybe 20-30 pages.

I remember I wanted to write a novel about a cuck utopia and even showed the plot to lit for fun, they were perplexed to say the least.

I talked to plenty of bilingual Japanese students when I was studying there. Always very nice but the more japanese/only speak japanese they are, the less friendly.

Now I work with heaps of Japanese people in a place with no gaijin, I can say they just speak Japanese to me like I'm a normal person until I show that I clearly have no idea what they're saying, then they switch to some Engrish that also makes no sense.

GL ever being perfectly fluent in Japanese as a second language, gotta say after all I've studied I kinda wish I didn't. You don't want to work or live here, trust me.

I want to work with japanese, not live in japan.

>"can I get a job as a writer in japan?"
not if you don't live there

just meet some japanese people in your country

I just want to win some light novel contests, not get a working visa.