All saints day

1. your country
2. will you go to the graveyard today?

Attached: 59f20eab7bfe7_o.jpg (1600x1067, 649K)

No, already went to the graves yesterday

based
are we slavs the only people who do this?

I thought it was a Catholic thing

flag
no

so the irish and spanish do it too?

Flag
No. I don't have any dead people I want to remember.

I know they have day of the dead in Mexico and the Caribbean (although a bit more radical than here)

Yes

By the way, I think the visiting of the graveyard happens tomorrow because tomorrow is All Souls' day.

oh yes, the one with the crazy skull makeup and processions with creepy stuff and costumes, now that's really spooky

now this is just sad, you can go for the pretty lights and to see the faces and names of the people who died but don't have anyone to remember them

No

we have a national holiday today, so we get the day off and go to the graveyards

Makes sense in that case.

Yes, I think its a better tradition to be with the family than cosplay and candy

why would you do the American things?

American consumerism is stronger than you think. It has infected Germany too, but Halloween is not really popular here (now).
All my relatives are buried either in Bosnia and Croatia so thats not really an option sadly. And since i live in a Protestant state i dont get a day off, only the Catholic states in the South and West get a day off.

oh yes I know, germans are basically as fat and as dependent on super markets as the americans
poor dijaspora, I hope you visit them when you come home eventually

Attached: public holiday map.jpg (213x237, 7K)

1. France
2. Yes, gotta visit Grandma

>they only visit their dead once (1) a year
Catholic heretical scum

sweden yes

Its called Dušičky herr and its tomorow

Attached: a435f95aeb90561ac174e7c3323f23da819c1053.jpg (1555x1037, 488K)

Some people do it here, our vertion of the holyday is to have a special lunch with the family, go to the gravedad put flowers and candels, and fly kites

dušički? this sounds so cute, like little ghosts

How many of your friends are in caravan?

no
our death-related holiday is in spring, a week after Easter or something

jolly folk occupies cemeteries, make barbie and get shitfaced

Attached: abqzrrJZS44.jpg (500x357, 72K)

rip grandma :(

it is tomorrow

isn't this disrespecting the dead if you eat like a pig on their dead bodies?

of course it's barbaric and shit
none of deadmen ever complained though

been there already.
Woke up at 8am.

When you go later it's so overfilled that it's just not nice and pricate anymore.

Close enough

It means little spirits

no its today tomorrow is dead people day kek

No no, that would be all Slavs day. That's on May 9th and everybody dresses up in tracksuits and drinks kvass.

yes but I like the darkness, also my family is lazy

I have no idea what any of that means

Kondominium rosyjsko-niemieckie pod żydowskim zarządem powierniczym
would go, but this year i can't

that sounds nice, we do the same but not the kites thing, this sounds a bit strange

>be protestant nation
>still celebrate all saints day
u mad cathocucks?

Attached: 200px-Trollface_svg.png (200x159, 12K)

hmmmm well duh is ghost here and duša is spirit or soul

I'm happy for you

I got about 2 hours drive to the nearest cemetery so no. I'll be home.

that means to shower in swedish

No, this is my birthday, I got no time for that. Plus, 1st of November is fucking ALL SAINT DAYS, NOT THE DAY OF THE DEAD!!!

I went yesterday. It took me about 4 hours to visit three different cemetaries, and that's only going as far as 1800s. Tbh I don't even know where all the graves are. We went looking for one last summer, with my mother, and we only got to the general area, but couldn't find the gravestone. Too many weathered gravestones, with writing thats unintelligible.

Attached: IMG_20181031_171317-01.jpg (2000x1496, 1.19M)

Me and my brother are going in a few minutes

nikad nisi čuo za zadušnice?

I think it's the same in german, duše means shower and dušen means to shower but you write it differently and your word for shower comes from the italian doccia, we say tuš

Duch and duše in czech

oh wow this is amazing, 1800? we only visit my great grandparent and other family members, I have no idea where the rest it, maybe in the ground bellow me

None

It is strange, its like a conection with the afterlife or something

Attached: Wonderful-Kites-2.jpg (1800x1198, 498K)

Some of the lots are "family graves" so they're all nearby or even in the same lot. It doesn't even go that many generations back, it really is just grandparents of my grandparents, so one generation over you. It's obviously branched out over the years, but we only visit 4 different surnames.

wow, those are very colourfull, must be looking nice in the air

jebem ti mater konjušarsku
vidi

nisam, što je to?

Yeah, I've seen people buying flowers yesterday, today is a day off here. My mother buys two candles every year and put them in the living room.

we have that too, family graves, but it doesn't go that far back, this is amazing

dan za upokojene u pravoslavaca
sad će za nekih 15 dana mislim

that's nice, do you have this?

Attached: lampasi_1_big.jpg (869x581, 141K)

ne znam ti ja to, oni ionako sve slave što i mi samo dva tjedna kasnije

i was on sunday and yesterday, graves of my whole family looks nice and clean.

good man