Why is America so bad at creating impressive cities...

Why is America so bad at creating impressive cities? Even with all the money that flooded into San Francisco they failed to do anything cool. Literally the only exception is New York and Americans shit on it all the time

Attached: 1460871042001.png (657x527, 86K)

don't know

Thanks anyway

np xx

what do you consider an impressive city

Many cities in Canada and the United States really didn't start growing until the car was invented, as a result many(almost all) North American cities are designed almost entirely around the automobile, and that is why our cities are so shitty.

They're built for automobiles and the automobile lobbies will fight to the death to prevent this from changing. San Francisco was due to get an amazing public transportation system, but General Motors invested a shit into making sure it became the traffic infested hellhole it is today.
This needs to change ASAP. Europe, China, and even parts of Africa are outdoing us in urban development because we refuse to abandon our debt cages. Not to mention the sheer amount of pollution caused by cars.

Cities aren't supposed to be cool you retard

>bring foreign gf to SF
>she is blown away by driving on the golden gate bridge because she's seen it in movies and such
>actually bring her out to the city
>she's disappointed as fuck and doesn't want to do anything

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>me see big seety
>me impress

Upgrading cities to public transportation would increase the efficiency of cities as well. Seattle and NYC having more public transportation over car reliance is why they became such massive cultural and business hubs.

>
>

Ours aren't exactly any better.

>Seattle
>public transportation
haha what

Excuse me? You've no idea how abysmal American cities are compared to ours.

Attached: houston.jpg (1600x999, 917K)

>tfw user will never respond to my post mocking them for thinking that seattle has god public transportation

Attached: adfe.png (1070x601, 507K)

>Aussies think they have good cities
>Aussies think JYC, a shitty dismal concrete jungle is a good city

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 29K)

Modern architecture sucks ass
Also modern people, you think something like the renaissance could ever happen in murrica?

Do you have a point here

You don't see anything wrong with that picture?

Cherrypicking to prove a point completely irrelevant to the OP?

Is that real?

Now GM is dead and everyone is driving Japanese.
This is what happens when you try and game the meta instead of being good at your job.

It's a picture from before he was born. Here's today.

-
The irony of this coming from an Australian. Your cities are straight up copies from American cities.

Attached: DejRvjcUwAAaCpV.jpg (880x440, 152K)

This is it today and it's still fucking awful. Of course the car parks are going to be less visible from a lower angle

Attached: Houston2.jpg (1602x890, 816K)

Houston possibly is the most irredeemable city in the entire United States. For decades and decades the only planning directive in that city has been "yeah, whatever, just add to it". It's catastrophically sprawled and catastrophically sealed, and worse yet, they still believe it's possible to run a city where everyone gets around by car.

Attached: rawImage.jpg (1367x2048, 322K)

You can clearly see the progress over about 30 years. And it has nothing to do with city planning or car culture. Investors buy up the lots, tear down buildings they can get taxed by, charge people for parking on the lots and then wait for someone to buy the lot for an office buildings or something else.

Should I post a picture of Canberra and ask why all Australian cities are so car-centered too?

Attached: 2_guxs5n.jpg (1496x844, 248K)

Is that supposed to be ugly? I think it looks cool. It's weird to see a Dane defend America

I fucking hate that you have to pay for parking the car in our cities, and in the weekend it's really hard to find a spot to park too. Americans are lucky.

It's not ugly, but it's inefficient. No part of it is spaced to ease walking, it's quite literally designed around driving. And putting it inlands in the sweltering heat in the first place doesn't help its case.

Yeah but imagine how much worse your cities would be clogged with cars if parking was free. Cities and cars are inherently opposing entities.

Canberra is not at all hot. Actually it's colder than Melbourne

why are all Euros obssessed with America?
I swear I went to the UK a people were tripping over themselves to please me, one man demanded I fucked his wife.
You're a strange group

>Stop talking about my country on the board for talking about countries!

what did you take her to do