Occurs only in a random day of the year

>Occurs only in a random day of the year
>Go to the cementery with the exausting heat.
>Celebrate old ass dead people
>Literally is just a celebration to press F
>Boring religious ceremonies
>No gifts
Fuck this holiday

Attached: Dia-Web-Graphic-945x1024.jpg (945x1024, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kG6vC1vlWzo
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutti_i_Santi
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorazione_dei_defunti
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Rome
news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/04/mass-child-human-animal-sacrifice-peru-chimu-science/
youtube.com/watch?v=MY9xh6AVwMA&t=529s
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santería
youtube.com/watch?v=MVd_eSN4X0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does el salvador have their own version or do they simply celebrate it because they were once part of mexico?

They are Mexico in denial
Somehow managed to be worst than Mexico

We have our own version, but its more boring .

El Salvador's indigenous roots lie chiefly on two ethnic groups, the Pipil and the Lenca. The Pipil were Uto-Aztecans (distinctly not Aztecs) and spoke a language very similar to Nahuatl known as Nawat.

This makes it difficult to ascertain whether their own day of the dead tradition may hold some indigenous influence or wether it's based on traditions derived from Mexico/New Spain tho they may have also been influenced by the nearby Maya, which seem to have strongly influenced the Lenca people.

They do seem to hold a lot closer to the Catholic All Soul's day celebration than we do. Central America did undergo more severe a process of supression of indigenous culture than Mexico through their post-colnial history.

We just go to the fucking cementery, let some flowers, pray some padre nuestros and then continue with our lifes minding our own buissnes, theres no pissing science about it.

very interesting, we have the regular catholic day of the dead, which is pretty much this but you're supposed to go to mass too,

so how's mexico different from that and what are some things that are derived from old indigenous celebrations?

It's just a meme holiday invented with the purpose of making the country look more interesting.

I didn't ask you Tyreese

>"MUH COCO"

day of the dead is ours
what you have is all saints' and all souls'

>literally called giorno dei morti = day of the dead

okay brah

We do elaborate offerings for the dead, tradition holds it they cross over to feast and to visit their loved ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=kG6vC1vlWzo

It's mprobably easier if you just watch Coco.

Didn't mean to upset you man

only countries with culture can post here

we should appropriate it then, that is the majority of holidays in the usa.

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutti_i_Santi
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commemorazione_dei_defunti

hmmmmm
whatever, in english they aren't the same and neither in spanish

Glad to see that at least one european country still has christian values.

Forgot to post the offering

Attached: Altar dia de muertos.jpg (800x600, 107K)

it's celebrated that way in most of europe, stupid

don't really give a fucc how the english say it, to me it's the day of the dead

>commemorazione dei defunti
this is some politically correct way to say it which is frankly ridiculous, but it the first line it says " comunemente detta "giorno dei morti"", which at least acknowledges normal people call it like that

Don't you like those yucky hojuelas con miel, don't you like them muchacho?
At least Guatemala has fiambre which is very tasty.

okay, i will call it
>>commemorazione dei defunti
if i ever learn italian ;3

Here we simply go to mourn at the cemitery
What the hell have the natives done to Christianism?

>not eating and drinking
lol

that's like calling a car a motorized quadrupede vehicle and you will get laughed on even by grannies breh

at least it looks interesting, I hated the day of the dead (TM) as I kid, it was boring as shit

No need to get upset

I don't know what that's suposed to mean but if you meant to make a thread about Catholic all Soul's day there was no need to put Mexican symbols in your OP, I mistakenly assumed you meant a celebration similar to ours, which I know some people in Central America do.

Dia de los muertos is the most retarded shit i've ever seen.

They deify death and somehow they don't see the correlation between this shit (which is basically their most beloved holiday) and their incredible high violence standards.

Mexicans are fucking retarded people and violent monkeys, the've been like this since way before the conquest. Fuck them all

Guatemala cucks on the other hand are cool and chill

Attached: mexicolindoyquerido.png (400x400, 21K)

>The eternally jealous der peruaner
Why don't you go choke on some ceviche?

si concordo con te

Peruvians are dark skinned and ugly

Based Lima coming out of the woodwork and putting the mexis on blast.

How butthurt are other L*tinos over stuff like Santa Muerte?

Attached: santa_muerte.jpg (960x960, 214K)

DURANTE SU NIÑEZ

shut up racist fuck

>a coca cola can

that's a cheap bastard

Hmmmmm...

Attached: images (17).jpg (300x168, 14K)

native americans in peru also did human sacrifice

sì concordo con te, è davvero interessante, però credo che la cerimonia non dovrebbe esser così festiva
Virgin Mary should be qt, that is simply terrifying

Attached: dd1e53b9c4c668a5f7a7fae8ba4229f3.jpg (1240x1754, 364K)

the largest mosque in europe outside of russia is in italy lel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque_of_Rome

meglio che andare al cimitero e basta a guardare le tombe di sicuro, comunque buon italiano ;)

That's not the virgin Mary

>Mexicans are fucking retarded people and violent monkeys, the've been like this since way before the conquest. Fuck them all

Attached: 1541193483489.jpg (640x640, 129K)

Popular in the LGBT crowd.

Attached: Cg-JbbWWIAER-Fm.jpg (720x960, 135K)

gladly would die that way desu

they didn't do it on the scale of the aztecs, and they did it pretty chill. They'll made the victims drunk and high and walked them to the top of the mountain and let them sleep until they froze. Then they'll bury them and have all the honors. They didn't cut their hearts out and rolled their heads through pyramid stairs

I'm not OP, I was replying to OP

Whats the purpose for praying to that saint? Is it to prevent death or to wish death to someone?

honestly it sounds good. if yellowstone erupts or ww3 starts i will move to some obscure corner of latin america, get a mestiza wife, and just assimilate. I would become catholic too (though i understand central america is being washed with disgusting anglo US-style evangelical protestantism right now)

>Not going to capillas memoriales to decorate your gramps tombs with flowers and be thankful of their hard work
You're a huge faggot so

>They deify death and somehow they don't see the correlation between this shit (which is basically their most beloved holiday) and their incredible high violence standards.
Considering the holiday is about remembering the dead and all that jazz I don't quite think this makes sense.

Well I suppose it's one of her representations right? Pretty much like we have Nossa Senhora de Aparecida

Attached: oracao.jpg (750x500, 122K)

>basically their most beloved holiday
Looks like nitpicking at this point but our most beloved holiday is the posadas, that's a series of Christmas celebrations starting on the 16th December going to the 24th also based on Aztec culture.

Attached: Piñatas.jpg (1024x371, 231K)

Kek, yellowstone erupting, that would be a hell of a romantic finale for the americans.

Everywhere is being washed by evangelicals, including here. But meh, I think they won't last long, Catholics are already picking up, and the catholic commies in the churches are ready to be purged

>capillas memoriales
La Bermeja you mean, check you are privilege fella

No, our equivalent to aparecida would be Guadalupe. Santa Muerte is not the virgin, she's the grim reaper, a literal persona of death, which in Mexico is seen as female. She's also sometimes represented as a seductive dark woman.

Attached: Guadalupe Tonantzin.jpg (720x957, 70K)

posadas aren't even an official holiday

Oh nice, that is cool then. It's just bizarre that Santa Muerte has the same crown and blue robe as the Virgin Mary tho, maybe the priests tried to convert the natives, pretty much like they did with the african slaves and their gods, like Iemanjá kek

Our holidays are older than our country, Justin Gomez-Gomez.

how would people in brazil react to THIS?
is this in america?

Attached: santa_muerte_2.jpg (401x700, 91K)

pissed as fuck, some grannies would probably have a heart attack lol

fair enough

I don't like saint death as a translation, think holy death would be more appropiate. Either way it's something of a Faustian deal you pledge something in return for a supernatural favor. Devotees are those who seek death to protect them. It has absolutely nothing to do with day of the dead, Santa Muerte is a 20th century fabrication and is only linked to Aztec beliefs through folk mythology, it's more European in terms of iconography and theology.

Attached: Santa Muerte1.jpg (735x1088, 124K)

Yes. Santa Muerte isn't even that popular here outside of the artsy kids and the LGBT scene.

no. i think she kinda does a little bit of everything, you ask for protection, good luck, good health, stuff like that.

Nah, some people use the symbology of the virgin but its only because the virgin Mary has a fanatical following in Mexico and they mean to piggyback on that.

Well here the jesuits tried to convert the slaves by slowly introducing some religious aspects into african culture and the result is basically this

Attached: iemanja-camdomble.jpg (820x1024, 262K)

incas weren't the only ones who lived there

More than 140 children were ritually killed in a single event in Peru more than 500 years ago. What could possibly have been the reason?
news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/04/mass-child-human-animal-sacrifice-peru-chimu-science/

Neither is Guadalupe-Reyes, which one do you think is more important? Day of the dead is 3 days a year, December celebrations on the other hand are literally the stuff you travel for and arrange family meetings around.

Attached: Nochebuenas.jpg (5184x3456, 534K)

OOoga booga

>lemanjá
what's that

i don't actually anyone who celebrates the virgin's birthday if that's what you meant by guadalupe

also day of the dead is just 2 days

Here is was native beliefs, Jesus is sometimes linked with Quetzalcoatl and the virgin Mary with the goddess Tonantzin. I think there is a whole correspondence involving several catholic saints and people still sometimes treat them in a manner that is inherited from indigenous tradition, eg they'll turn saints upside down if they fail to deliver on prayers.

is based on some previous native/african goddess?

Only subhumans that quitted elementary school praise it

Guadalupe-Reyes es cuando te embriagas del 12 de diciembre al 6 de enero pendejo, dia de muertos es 3 dias si cuentas Halloween como los borrachos.

the Niño effect probably, it fucks us every 25 years or so, last year you prob. saw all the floodings and avalanches caused by the El niño effect.

Imagine being a bumfucked mountain injun a thousand years ago and experiencing that shit

Attached: thicc cuzqueñas.jpg (1024x825, 173K)

sounds decadent

Welcome to Mexican culture

Why are the women and llamas so thicc? Easy on the chicha.

its actually a tool to wish someone bad generally
or when you want to succed in something you shouldnt do or is very difficult
also a tool when you or your beloved are in danger

African goddess of the sea, the jesuits basically outlawed the slaves' religions and they started praying to catholic figures and saints but referencing to the african gods and the result is basically mixed figures of their gods like Nope, she is based on a miracle by related by a fisherman in Minas Gerais, SP, which he was on a mission to fish tons of fish for a governor's party in the 1700s, but he failed all the time, then suddenly he throw a headless image of Nossa Senhora da Conceição at the lake he was fishing and suddenly he found all the fish he needed and the same figure with a different head on it. Then they called it Nossa Senhora Aparecida, the one that appears kek

>artsy kids and the LGBT scene.
Isn't la santa muerte something idolised by literal narcos and bona fide murderers? Why would they glorify something like that

to risk sounding like a jordan peterson acolyte, they revel in chaos
they think "oh look something strange from another culture let's obsess over it"

It's probably more for the style and appearance. I don't really know.

these are probably 40+ women, and they get pretty thick because of their genes, Quechuas women are more stocky and quechua men are more nimble. The Opposite is true for Aymaras.

Altough younger quechua women are skinny qts like this one in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=MY9xh6AVwMA&t=529s

Narcos pray to Jesús Malverde, Sinaloa's Robin Hood turned saint (not oficially ofc) Santa Muerte is for the lowlifes, it evolved from the narco-satanics of the 70's-80's and is very strongly tied to prison culture so is more for minorities who feel themselves as persecuted and with nothing to lose. It was popular with Mexico city transgenders so I guess that's where the association with lgbt comes from.

Attached: Malverde.jpg (648x393, 232K)

The article says that it was in and dacrifice event and their chest were cut open and their skulls were stained in a red pigment

Maybe we don’t hear about all these events because scientific research is nonexistant in Peru

santa muerte is the god of the oppressed and hated

do only black people practice afro-religions in brazil?

what do the rest of brazilians think about them?

Bro are you retarded

chimu =/= Inca

that's a native accent? i feel like her first language is not spanish

but he didn't imply that

>do only black people practice afro-religions in brazil?
It's not that different from the Caribean reglas here in Mexico
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santería

This is Chinchero town so yeah, wikipedia says that chinchero 80% of the population speaks quechua as a first language.

i mean i was comparing biggest empires like aztec vs Inca... Yes there were children sacrifices in ancient Peru but as far as we know Inca didn't do it extensively as well as the latest andean cultures. Chimor civilization is an inbred civilization child from the ancient mochica civilization in the desertic coast, not andean.

santeria is cuban

nah, some mixed people do too, but it's mostly poor people from the Northeast, where most slave descendants come from.
>what do the rest of brazilians think about them?
Most people don't give a fuck, but some people get somewhat disturbed by some animal sacrifices they do and other shit, and some catholics literally call them the devil and satanists. I mean like most pagan religions it's somewhat diffuse, some in the end just preach umbanda like a really watered-down catholicism and some tru to be literally 100% faithful to their origins and try to purify catholicism from it. I mean they believe in predestination, incarnation, sacrifices and some other shit that are really alien to catholicism. In Cidade de Deus you can see it a scene of it

Woah she is pretty.

here the scene lol
youtube.com/watch?v=MVd_eSN4X0w

Is there ever been a proper research? As i said how can we know if there’s no qualified archeologyst, peruvian universities are pretty shitty

bruh at least try harder