1. Your country

1. Your country
2. How common is this feeling in your country?

Attached: average american morning.webm (640x350, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kq9MBm1Piko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw free of this

Attached: download.jpg (233x216, 7K)

it's a shame that the auto industry completely fucked any hopes of having a half decent public transit system in this country. insane how what they did was legal.

>tfw use the train so I'm free of this
if you drive to the city in peak hour then it's probably like this

>tfw night shift
>tfw the road all to myself

Attached: 1540270420851.jpg (578x563, 212K)

angaran WOLF, so no lol

All too common. A 15 minute trip turns into an hour.

Yes, in morning time. Then streets became almost empty

Only the ultra rich here have automatics. The rest of us have to do this shit with a manual.

Attached: 1520529325113.png (917x871, 139K)

Late night/early morning driving is the comfiest

late night driving in the city is kino

Makes me wonder why there are often threads of euros making fun of Americans for mostly driving automatics

>press pedal
>move stick
wow that was HARD

Last week, it took me 2h and 40 minutes to get to the center of Valencia on a route that normally takes 20 minutes.

I drive automatic and I'd rather manual 2bh

this

Attached: chicago lake shore drive night.jpg (900x900, 284K)

a snapchat favourite round these parts

Attached: rainbow road.jpg (3089x2217, 601K)

Is it still a criminal infested shithole or has it improved over the years?

All dumb smug Euro's want to drive big American automatic cars combined with American gas prizes.

That wasn't the point retard.
It's about doing that shit 300 times in traffic.

This is my life every single day

A few years ago there was a false bomb threat from an unattended package at el train station between the expressway roads. Took an hour and a half to drive the .25mile/.4km to get to the nearest exit and take the street instead. Would have usually taken twenty seconds of driving at night.

Damn terrorism ruining everything

Attached: chicago-addison-blue-line-station.jpg (1024x768, 189K)

what?

Reminds me of the mario kart track by the same name

But then you have to be packed in with a bunch of cunts like in a tincan of sardines and there's sometimes smelly people (usually homeless).

Probably less of a problem in non-big cities though

Well it's :30 of that vs like 1 to 1:30 stuck in traffic. I prefer the former

don't know where you take your trains but our trains are perfectly fine and the only time I see homeless people in the train is when I take the nighttrain back home and literally the only time it's really packed is when you take the train during the morning rush hour with shite weather and you decide to step in a later station instead of the very first / last station
t. takes the train daily

Attached: sdv.jpg (512x384, 91K)

I'd rather take the train too, desu. I work in a tech company which are usually either downtown or in the suburbs. Unfortunately the one that offered me a job was in the suburbs. Aside from the annoying commutes I was crashed into twice the past year by dumb cunts so I also had to deal with that shit too.

>auto
Fucking lmao.

>takes me about 1h:15 - 1hr:30 to drive 12 miles to work at the moment.

fucking hate commuting to work. wish I could afford to live in town.

Attached: 1541178945506.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

I live in Chicago. I usually couldn't get a seat unless I took the train in one of the few non-busy times

Attached: eltrain.jpg (596x900, 228K)

Easing off the clutch and rolling forward is a million times better than the shuddering stop start of an auto.

most times I catch the train outside of peak hours and there's lots of space. it's pretty jam packed after all the wagies finish at 5 tho

>takes me 50min in the morning to drive 16miles to work and 1hr to drive home
>used to be 1hr and 15-30min each way before job gave me more time flexibility

Hopefully I can get a remote job in a year or two so I don't have to deal with this.

That's a brilliant photo.

How can you live like that? Doesn't it feel like a massive waste of your free time?
It takes ten minutes for me to get to work... By foot.

Also would have been nice to work downtown since it looks nicer than the suburbs, even in the north shore where I work (around where all the John Hughes movies take place)

Attached: chicago el train heading downtown in storm.jpg (500x348, 105K)

Not common. Places with that many lanes have public transport.

Not him, but because it's the best we can do at the time.

>french coworker who doesn't live too far away from me's face when I comment to him that we spend at least 40 hours a month commuting which is like a whole extra work week each month

Attached: sadfrog4.jpg (708x664, 153K)

somehow
youtube.com/watch?v=Kq9MBm1Piko

Just buy a scooter.

And me and my other coworkers' faces when he tells us about his dad who has 50 days of paid vacation a year

Attached: sadfrog5.jpg (597x519, 61K)

I grew up in the DC area. This was a regular occurrence.

Sorry, meant for: I was asking about Chicago

on the plus side
it looks comfy though lad

The crime mostly all happens in a few neighborhoods and unless you have family in those neighborhoods there is no reason to stay in them (there are other neighborhoods that are just as poor/affordable but without the violence).

When I was a NEET I lived in a working class neighborhood and would go running late at night/early in the morning (11am-6am) every other day for years and never had any problems or came across any violence.

When was the last time you drive in an auto? You don't get shuddering, rather, you're more likely to get with manual. Besides, having to fuck with the clutch 8000 times because it's rush hour is tiring

with our shitty public transportation it takes me 1,33h to move for only 10 km, without traffic. i fucking hate this city

Attached: italyball 1.png (640x640, 122K)

Yeah, I would much rather have a train/bus commute than a car commute. Used to do it for school and it wasn't too bad. Most annoying thing was just waiting for the buses/trains desu (still makes me REE internally when I'm driving and see 2-4 buses driving one behind the other)

Attached: CTA_Night.jpg (2560x1691, 1.82M)

>when her train isn't really late, she' cheating on you too

Good to know. From what I've heard, it seemed Chicago was a crime city but it seemed to be just an American inside joke.
Also those pictures look really good.

If I had an Italyball with lens flare eyes I'd post it.

Yeah, my job is kid of flexible with time. I've been considering coming in later but I do like coming home whilst it is light.

Can't afford to live in the city and where I live is too rural for jobs. I was unemployed for about 2 months before this job so it could always be worse. The only upside of my commute is that I finish a bit earlier than most people (3pm) so my drive home only takes about 25-30mins due to lack of traffic.

I don't really feel like getting a scooter/motorbike. everyone I know who had one crashed it at some point and someone I know had one of the legs amputated when they pulled out at a junction and a driver did not see them and drove straight into them.

>Probably less of a problem in non-big cities though
Or non-American cities. The American homeless problem is home-made.

every day. you get used to it. i've started listening to podcasts and ignoring how bad the traffic is, don't even bother switching lanes now. the train system is shit where I live so I have no other choice

Attached: 1523848544311.png (431x512, 367K)

also should have added the route I take is so shit that 2 weeks ago there was a crash on it, had to divert for a new route in town I was unfamiliar with and was running late. Ended up doing 38mph in a 30mph zone and got caught by a speed camera I was unaware of and will now have to go on a 4 hour drivers awareness course on the weekend soon.

Attached: 1541183387674.png (714x810, 87K)

>I've been considering coming in later but I do like coming home whilst it is light.
Same here.

I listen to podcasts too and don't switch lanes much but still haven't gotten used to it after two years. Constantly getting triggered by cunts in front of me leaving more than a hundred meters of space in front of him while me and everyone behind him are backed up because of him and the other lanes are slower

Wtf. That's a harsh punishment. You would just get a speeding ticket you have to pay off here.

you can do that too here but its £100 fine plus 3 points on your drivers license. When you renew your car insurrance (mines in January) if you have points on your licence they charge you more. I'm still going to have to pay like £70/80 to do the course as well. yikes.

I should have phrased that better, I meant lots of people packed together in a small space

Thanks pal

city traffic has made me pretty stoic. not worth the energy, there's always going to be stupid drivers.

where you from

southern gold coast. offices in brisbane and ipswich

oh. I'm not from there but I've been before. the gold coast tram is nice

it takes me 20 minutes to go 17 miles to work

Do busses and trains not come at certain planned times? I usually have to wait max. 5 minutes for a train but we have lots of delay over here, but the station I usually take has 20 trains an hour or something going to the same destination so it kind of is understandable

Wonder if DC still has the worst traffic in the country. All those convoys that must get around and shut down roads can't help things. People here would get annoyed whenever Obama would come visit his "home" since it would mean more traffic.

Attached: obama-motorcade.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

yeah it's good for getting around the city. m1 highway around the gc is terrible at the moment though. same as the logan motorway going to ipswich.

Pic related
>worst traffic on earth and 9th worst place to drive

Be happy ypu will never experience it. Even Dave fucking Chapelle jokes about it all the time.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-03-23-34-22.png (1080x1920, 439K)

There are scheduled times but sometimes the bus or train are late. Though I honestly don't know how trains get so out of schedule that sometimes many eventually end up right behind each other so that some are empty even though they're in service.

Most of the annoying waiting happens on transfers. For instance, arriving at a trainstop and the nearby bus always leaves just as you arrive and only runs every seven-fifteen minutes so you have to wait all of that, plus the next one is late so add on an extra five minutes.

>Though I honestly don't know how trains get so out of schedule that sometimes many eventually end up right behind each other so that some are empty even though they're in service.
* buses

>For instance, arriving at a trainstop and the nearby bus always leaves
yeah iktf, but 7 - 15 minutes isn't that bad right, I usually leave just a bit earlier so I have room to play with if something like that happens or if I want to grab something to eat/drink when I'm travelling

bump

Anything newer than 1995 doesn't do that anymore bruce

Everyday.