Tetsuo Sakurai was born Toshizo Nagamine in 1924 in Myodo-zaki...

>Tetsuo Sakurai was born Toshizo Nagamine in 1924 in Myodo-zaki, a small village in Tsugaru in the far north of Japan’s main island of Honshu. Toshizo was the seventh son in a wealthy family that owned large apple orchards, and his early life was a comfortable one. A sensitive boy with a good sense of humor, Toshizo entered elementary school in 1931 and was popular with his fellow students.

>At 13, he exhibited the first symptoms of leprosy. Two years later, when he was studying for middle school entrance examinations, he was suddenly told by his father that he would have to give up his studies. At that point, he realized he would be leaving home and that life was about to take an altogether different course.

>At first, he received treatment in neighboring Hirosaki for 10 months but after he showed no improvement, his parents were obliged to have him quarantined in a sanatorium under Japan’s 1907 Leprosy Prevention Law (not repealed until 1996).

>They saw him off from Hirosaki Station as he departed for the town of Kusatsu, Gunma Prefecture, more than 500 kilometers away from his home in Tsugaru. Although he felt utterly desolate, Toshizo did not want to upset his parents by crying in front of them over the enforced separation.

Attached: tetsuo sakurai.jpg (600x600, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/桜井哲夫_(詩人)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Merrick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>At 17, Toshizo entered Kuryu Rakusenen, one of 13 sanatoria established by the Japanese government between 1909 and 1945, and was given the new name, Tetsuo Sakurai.

>Although called a sanatorium, those with mild symptoms were put to work on nearby farms, forced to do hard labor and nurse seriously sick patients. Despairing of their future, many patients took their own lives. Any attempting to escape were placed in solitary confinement as a warning to others.

>To cope with this harsh life, Tetsuo decided to devote himself to study and purchased a collection of Japanese literary classics. He was befriended by the educated daughter of a wealthy Kyoto restaurant owner who become Tetsuo’s mentor. Under this erudite teacher, he began studying topics such as theology, European philosophy, Buddhism and literature at the age of 19.

>At 21, he “married” a young woman named Masako. This marriage had no legal basis, but was recognized within the sanatorium. In those days, before they entered into such a union, male leprosy patients had to be sterilized. The procedure was not properly performed on Tetsuo, however. When Masako unexpectedly became pregnant, she was forced to have her baby aborted.

>Two years later, Masako died of leukemia. The following year, Tetsuo came down with high fever. By the age of 29, he lost his sight, all his fingers and the use of his vocal cords due to the disease.

Attached: people_subimg_takaki_07.jpg (960x480, 307K)

>It would be many years before Tetsuo adjusted to his condition. Eventually, he joined a group for the blind and developed a passion for Japanese chess. Then, at the recommendation of Shigenobu Kobayashi, the sanatorium’s director, Tetsuo joined the poetry group. Listening to poetry turned him back onto to literature, and at the age of 57, he composed his first poem, whispered to a member of staff who wrote it down for him. He also began reading the Bible, and was baptized as a Catholic at the age of 60.

>In 1988, Tsugaru Lullaby, his first collection of poetry, was published. Two more volumes have followed.

>Another fateful encounter came when he adopted Chongmi Kim as his granddaughter. She was a third-generation Korean-Japanese, who later joined him on a trip to the Korean Peninsula, where his late wife spent her childhood. A life with Chongmi brought Tetsuo out of his confined studio, and he began to enjoy more of the fresh air.

>Tetsuo finally returned to his Tsugaru homeland in October 2001 at the invitation of his family. He spent only a few days there, but it was a time of great joy for him. A TV documentary about Tetsuo’s return to Tsugaru after 60 years was broadcast by Japan National Broadcasting Corp. in 2002 (OP pic), generating a huge viewer response.

>Tetsuo passed away on December 28, 2011. He is buried in the Nagamines’ graveyard in his native town of Tsugaru, Aomori Prefecture, surrounded by an apple orchard.

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/桜井哲夫_(詩人)

Attached: リンゴ.jpg (1024x768, 292K)

what you looking at, smoothskin?

>why yes, i am japanese, how did you tell?

>mfw reading about japanese leprosy laws
the more i get to know about japan the more i realize that the whole view of japan as a modern, wealthy country is nothing more than a facade

gnmgnmgnm good apple

Attached: real shittt.jpg (1200x675, 107K)

New dead space game looking sick

>incels have hard lif...

>get leprosy and transform into a hellish abomination
>live a cursed life as something less than human
>still do better with women than the average chan poster

based

>virgin gamer
>chad lepra poet

You should read about the untouchables(Burakumin) too. Japan is still very barbaric nation since they were never effectively civilized by the western powers.

That's Nemesis

I thought this was an atomic bomb survivor.

so what are the poems about

Even la creatura japonés has fucked more women than you...

>whatcha lookin at, gaijin

Joy of fuckin bitches with a shriveled cock

reminds me of John Merrick, the Elephant Man who was trapped in a body he did not deserve

It's actually a guide on how to pick up women when your face looks like an overcooked chicken

how did he live for so long with leprosy
also I thought it was highly contagious how was he allowed out

It is snork from S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

no it's the average russian creature

>> 97868379
Thank God, i was thinking that is your mother.

thanks

>second world banter

>Get bombed by Americans
>Become el goblino
dios mio, that is how they multiply...

>israelis can rea...

Stupid goy detected

Leprosy is non-contagious. It is difficult to catch leprosy from other people.

>hey smoothskin
What woul you do?

It was worth the joke

Attached: aqua autism.png (426x465, 279K)

Historically people thought it was highly contagious which is why you hear about leper colonies and this jap shit, but in reality it's not

God i wish that apple was my penis

So wtf is leprosy and why is it not a thing anymore? Your body just rots while you're still alive?
Life was a mistake.

Looks like the mutt meme

Its still a thing in India

Japan has ghouls? Sick.

based

Well is it contagious or not?

Attached: wtf.png (1542x833, 481K)

La bestia de Oriente...

ぼくぱきすたんじんですえいごわかりません

May they all rest in peace and be happy in heaven and free from suffering, now and forever.

cool looking dude

pretty much supreme wise man tier in a postapocalyptic game or a relatively fun rpg like souls series

how hard is it to use katakana at least you dumb paki

i'm sure he did it on purpose

no kidding

same here

only among those lacking the immunity to it, usually caused by genetic defect as far as I know, jews are particularly vulnerable to it

>jews
huh, that makes a lot of sense

ばふぉめっとのおしえにしたがって9さいのよめをようきゅうしまする

Poor soul, he never got to play Nintendo Switch

t. るいす きゃろる

the only guy who was actually cool and worth attention in the shit game metal garbage 5 ground zeroes was that

Attached: geno-11.jpg (1600x900, 173K)

Well India got the full treatment and they are even worse. South Korea is the most civilized country in Asia, though even they eat doggos

It's not a thing anymore because we discovered treatments for it

あやまてくだしあ

Skull face?
He was born in a small vilage

Had a better live than you non white

>I was only pretending to be retarded

on the bright side, he wont have any problem with facial recognition softwares

lol

US rednecks still catch it from time to time when they try to eat armadillos.

Attached: 2132401742_view-noscale.jpg (413x420, 75K)

Why did he change his name?

I did not ask for all these feels

Even this guy isn't a virgin lmao the absolute state of incels

>jews are particularly vulnerable to it
Heh.
You know I've eaten roadkill before but never got sick. Anyway them armadilllos and rabbits and shit have black plague, didn't know they had leprosy too. Fuck animals.

dios mio...

based and redpilled

This is only because you can instantly see that he badly lost the genetic lottery, he pretty much only got a wife out of pure pity. Also remember that this is Japan, and asian women in general are much kinder and willing to date physically unattractive guys.

see

Actually now that i think about it, he pretty much only got a wife because he was lucky to be living in Japan. Take a look at the Elephant Man (Joseph Merrick) for example, not only did he never get a wife because he lost the genetic lottery just as badly as Tetsuo Sakurai, he was infact barely considered human by everyone around him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Merrick

>she was forced to have her baby aborted.
Would it have leprosy?

post ww2 society vs. 19th century though

>black plague
in 2018? it doesn't exist

>nip women
>kind
only the old ones, the young ones are as shit as western women
thats why nip men prefer waifus nowdays
pic somewhat rel

Attached: PrawaKobietJP.png (1018x616, 138K)

you will soon be able to join in
nice digits btw

Attached: mpvshot0003_2.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

Trust me it would've been the same lad, even today everyone outside asia would call this guy a disgusting freak. It's kind of similar to how smart kids in school tend to get bullied in the west but honored in China, Korea and Japan, not a weeb just saying the truth.

yikes

Is this because of what I posted?
Do you want me to kowtow and apologize now?

It had to be a g*rman to give such a lame and useless comment

It was under the impression that it is contagious, but nowhere near as much as it has been made out to be in previous centuries

I feared as much, third-wave feminism needs to be eradicated.

>tfw no ghoul husbando

Attached: 14477711249830.png (1217x879, 1.91M)

>third-wave bad
>first way good
thats a common missconception
all feminism is cancer it only caught on becouse men dont understand women and project onto them
looking from an egalitarian perspective women dont even deserve the right to vote when looking at statistics (men contribute much more money in taxes throughout theire lives and serve in military to protect the country during war)
not to mention a strong tendency to emocional thinking
im not even baiting or merly pretending

Attached: 1508460061374.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

It is contagious but 95% of the population are immune to it and cure was found in 1940 or some shit. It wont eat away your flesh but since you loose the feel in the infected area you're more proned to suffer a serious injury resulting in an amputation.

It's still a thing in poor tropical areas in africa, india and asia due to poor living conditions and healthcare.

Attached: 1508930720836.gif (500x500, 2.04M)

>he lost his sight
probably for the best, damn

massive cope Sven

Everything about Japanese culture and society seems very manufactured and "forced". Japanese people are pros when it comes to aesthetics, but Japanese culture lacks essence and depth. What I mean by that is that Japanese culture appeals to the senses (mainly sight more than anything), but rarely ever touches your soul deeply on an empathetic level.

Nah, I admit I was being retarded, but it was worth it

Not even mad as i've went into monk mode, just saying the truth.

Attached: mgtow26.jpg (500x597, 109K)

His pic has been used for the purpose of looking down on Japan with him.
The burns with the atom bomb don't change with the thing by other air raids.

It does, we were warned the rabbits around here have it. A lot of the bats and other varmits have it too.

big words from an ameriburger, make another spiderman movie and then tell me about depth

Seething weeb detected

he's the victim of an allied terror bombing, not leprosy

Call Geralt

Based compatriot of mine brought terror to the Americlaps

tl;dr?