Why dont you speak danish?

why dont you speak danish?

Attached: 11rxv0ac78521.png (1024x713, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>denmark

its hard, you have potato in mouth, swedish and norwegian is easier

It sounds awful

yes swedish and norwegian is easier when you're used to having a dick in your mouth

no source

Attached: Untitled-1.png (1024x713, 420K)

fixed it

Attached: fs.png (1024x713, 280K)

isn't sk*ne danish?

very funny, the only prostitute i personally know is danish

we have roughly 0,1% native danish speakers.
Thereore we deserve the same colour as Norway.

why do you know a prostitute?

we met not "business" related and then became sorta friends

>Denmark
>Porkugal

I don't want people to spit on me

Attached: 1536258009446.png (769x440, 356K)

Norway should be 100%

Well mainly because Danes speak English.

What language do danes speak?

Contrary to popular belief, spoken norwegian and spoken danish aren't really similar at all.

Pig Latin

>more swedes than norwegians understand danish
>only half of danes understand each other
Fake and gay

I spoke a few sentences of Danish last saturday when I threw up.

Kamelåså?

jeg kan ikke danska

men jag kan svenska en lite

Attached: based & redpilled.jpg (157x117, 3K)

Because im not danish

OBSESSED

It really is incredible desu
In one of the autistic flamewar threads yesterday faroe flags kept going off on Norway
I reminded him that the faroes were populated and later colonized by norwegians, then handed over to danes who colonize them to this day
He wasn't very happy desu

Yeah I seem a lot too, I don't know why he has such strong autistic feelings about Norway. maybe the Norgesveldet posting got into him?

No, I don't think that Norgesveldetposting is the reason.
He just hates himself because he's still part of Denmark, 214 years later.
I pity him, if I'm being quite honest.

why is denmark only 60% at most? what?

Seems plausible, we were the first after all.

Why does Denmark have such a light color?

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

You'll see the inconvenience when you learn Danish

Attached: danishnumbers.jpg (541x828, 35K)

kamelåså is spreading outside of scandinavia finally
might just be one of the greatest norwegian sketches of all time, it's crazy popular in both norway and sweden lmao

I am just saddened by most norwegians using danish as their language. I just try to bully a little, so you think about it, and hopefully make the switch to högnorsk

Because we kicked your asses.

Attached: 1498596971521.png (1200x900, 47K)

Huh?

>switch to högnorsk
Are you high? Högnorsk is a novelty at best. Nynorsk is already fucking on the decline, we can't go further beyond nynorsk right now.

Isn't Faroese greatly influenced by Danish as well? Loanwords and all that. Reading Faroese is not the hardest thing in the world, Icelandic is a lot harder.

I agree with you, I wish we used Norwegian.
Technically, linguistically speaking, what we speak may be "Norwegian", it has some Norwegian syntax and sounds, but everything else is pure Danish.

högnorsk is based

Yeah but it's not realistic right now
Nynorsk (should really just be called norsk, and bokmål renamed to danish) is the best we have that also is viable and used.

just go back to old norse

"linguistically speaking"? we don't even have stöd. most norwegian dialects don't carry significant danish influence, this is just the way we speak.

The big problem is that the dialects that nynorsk is based on are dying and being replaced with spoken bokmål. If people still spoke their traditional dialects properly, it'd be a lot easier to convince them to use nynorsk.

Yeah, the sounds are Norwegian for the most part, but almost everything else is Danish.

>spoken bokmål
lol, you have no clue what you are talking about
Western Norwegian dialects are alive and well.
t. actually lives in a western norwegian bygd

Do you use feminine gender? Do you differentiate between masculine and feminine in plural nouns? Do you actually use the traditional "dialect words"?

nynorsk is a danified version of högnorsk.
yes, we have many loan words. But not anywhere near the level of norwegian.
Also, faroese written is nothing like the spoken language. The orthography was made by a autistic linguist, in such a way it should be possible for all nords to read the language.
based

Yeah that process is definetly not happening here
t. Vestlending

Why would I speak Danish when I speak Swedish and Gutnish?

Attached: 12355.jpg (307x478, 22K)

Yes, we use feminine genders if you're not from Bergen (bokmålskommune).
You need to specify "dialect words".
You're probably from Bergen in which case none of this applies

>41-60%
I'd love to see a source on that shit

You're still missing the point.
Yes, högnorsk would be ideal.
But it's not actually practical or ideal right now to even think about using högnorsk instead of nynorsk. Nynorsk is the best we can have right now

At Danish doesn't sound like gay vomit spoken by a pic related like Swedish

Attached: 829bad39.jpg (532x446, 25K)

No, just a random bygd in Möre og Romsdal

only Germanic language worth knowing is German which I am fluent in

also your map is bullshit since Swedish, and Norwegian are just dialects of danish and they can easily understand each other

Don't you have a bunch of weird words that only adults or old people use? Do children also use these words?

There's room for improvement though. Nynorsk is in large part based on dialects in Eastern Norway and Tröndelag, but those dialects, at least in Eastern Norway are extinct. Don't most of the core areas for Nynorsk use i-mål nowadays? Maybe it'd be easier to get them to use nynorsk if i-mål were brought back.
Don't most people from Western Norway mostly write in dialect, and rarely nynorsk, maybe they'd write in nynorsk if it were better adapted to their dialects.

>the countries of combined population of my city talk about how different their languages are
Fascinating how 10 people on small piece of land can speak 5 different languages

I live an hour drive from Denmark. I still don't understand a damn word when they speak.

>finnish is best and veri much not gay like sweedish becaus speek in veri monotoon voise viit no emotion

Attached: 15075894109247.png (430x721, 12K)

>w-we are different guys
>w-we have our own language r-eally
>proceeds to type in Danish and speak in a danish dialect

>Eastern Norway and Tröndelag
Do you have a source on that? I thought he focused on Sogn og Fjordane and up, not Hedmark and up.

Don't reply to american baitposters.

>emotion
>not monotone

>straight
pic one

the truth is europeans love to exaggerate how different their language is from other related languages. Their perception is muddled by the social abstract of Denmark being another country. if denmark was part of Sweden or vice versa , people would exaggerate the difference in speaking as much, they would just call it a dialect.

In fact there are German dialects that are even more different than Swedish to Danish

I don't understand people from trelleborg and they're swedish (supposedly)

>people wouldn't exaggerate

you could call norweigan a dialect to swedish, but danish is clearly not "just" a dialect. it is very different.

The fact of the matter is that language is a part of national identity, and when you want 3 different nation states you need 3 different languages.

>you could call norweigan a dialect to swedish
Why do you feel the need to say these things?
I could just as easily call spoken swedish sub-dialects of spoken norwegian dialects.

At least the a-mål thing

Anyway, it's an oversimplification to say that Ivar Aasen based nynorsk on Sogn og Fjordane. Maybe a little bit, but it'd also be dumb to use degenerate forms that exclude the higher quality dialects. If Sogn og Fjordane happens to have the highest quality dialects, then it's only natural that their dialect'd be closer to how the written language turned out. The only clear western Norway bias I can think of is the ending -leg not being -lig, but that was also based on how pre-existing written tradition for Norwegian up until then had been. (although I'm no expert on all Norwegian dialects so there could be more)

However, during the samnorsk era, Nynorsk underwent many changes to pander more to Eastern Norway and Tröndelag, which was what I was thinking of. Feminine nouns ending in -a is one of them, another is perfect tense ending in -i, which was the only allowed form for a while (however that didn't catch on so now -e is the only allowed form again) (actually this may be another example of Western Norwegian bias)

all three are just variations of modern Norse according to linguistics

you don't need 3 different languages, Germany and Austria, and Liechtenstein exist just fine next to each other. they don't have to larp and call their language by a different name

And Russian and Polish are just variations of proto-Slavic. Still different languages

hard to say at what point you can call a dialect a language, but truth of the matter is, most Scandinavians can understand each other just fine. after a few weeks of exposure, Take this swede for example this nigga can't even understand his own country men, but yet there's a swede in /lang/ that helps an American with Norwegian and can translate Norwegian for him when the American gives him a video.

>most Scandinavians can understand each other just fine.
Yes? What does that have anything to do with the fact that there are 3 separate languages here?
Why does mutual intelligibility automatically disqualify languages from being separate in your head?

Stop replying to the Americans, they don't contibute to the discussion at all and are only here for (you)s

>his own country men
>skåne

Attached: 15014944671616.png (396x385, 131K)

>Why does mutual intelligibility automatically disqualify languages from being separate in your head?

maybe because that's literally what makes a language it's own language? Nobody in the US is going to say New Yorker or a texan speak a different language just because they speak slightly different, they can still understand each other (mostly) and are still speaking English

Don't reply to the poster above me, he's just here for (you)s

*psst* Hey there, muttboi...

Attached: 1521753772429.png (785x757, 26K)

>Nobody in the US is going to say New Yorker or a texan speak a different language
Poor comparison. The differences between Scandinavian languages are far more substantial.

it was just an example for the brainlet Norwegian to understand why mutual intelligibility is important when defining a language.

>the differences between Scandinavian languages are far more substantial.

sure but not substantial enough to be their own language

Ikke svar ham da, nabo. Han er som sagt kun ute etter oppmerksomhet.

jeg gjör

på en måte

lel I been studying Swedish for 2 months and understood this, Norwegian really is meme language

Muttie muttie...
Come here! I have tendies!

Attached: 1534084728273.jpg (600x600, 21K)

who cares, english will be mother tongue in a hundred years anyway

lol

Attached: Færøyanon.png (600x583, 96K)

holy shit

Attached: 1480690515251.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

delet

>mutual intelligibility is important when defining a language
Naturally. But in such cases where mutual intelligibility is not extremely high, it is not enough to establish whether or not two languages are in fact the same. Because simply roughly understanding what another person is saying does not generally take into account grammatical differences nor complex language use.

Furthermore, mutual ineligibility is not even one-to-one. A speaker of Norwegian usually understand a speaker of Swedish better than the other way around. Which in combination with your threshold-view of what constitutes a language, could end up with bizarre situations where, for instance, Norwegian is considered Danish but Danish is not considered Norwegian.

Secondly, being able to read another language with relative ease does not necessarily translate into being able to understand the spoken form of that language and so must in part be considered separate entities.

>sure but not substantial enough to be their own language
Duly noted.

Where does this utterly nonsensical belief come from? Despite it being well understood, and to a lesser degree spoken, it is not used in everyday situations. Hell, it's not even that common among immigrants.

Sluta mobbas.

Nei, ikke faen. Han fortjener det bildet.

Vem var det som övergav Färöarna till att börja med?

Åh nei noregsmađurin er so ondir

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15K)

all good points , but just use common sense, you can understand each other just fine , you can read each other sentences just fine, it really comes down to you having a different country that makes you think you have a different language

>Given the aforementioned homogeneity, there exists some discussion on whether the continental group should be considered one or several languages.[25] The Scandinavian languages (in the narrow sense, i.e. the languages of Scandinavia) are often cited as proof of the aphorism "A language is a dialect with an army and navy". The differences in dialects within the countries of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark can often be greater than the differences across the borders, but the political independence of these countries leads continental Scandinavian to be classified into Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish in the popular mind

>The Nordic Council has on several occasions referred to the (Germanic) languages spoken in Scandinavia as the "Scandinavian language" (singular); for instance, the official newsletter of the
Nordic Council is written in the "Scandinavian language".[26] The creation of one unified written language has been considered as highly unlikely, given the failure to agree upon a common standardized language in Norway. However, there is a slight chance of "some uniformization of spelling" between Norway, Sweden and Denmark.[27][28]

Wow lad Norwegians sure do have an inferiority complex

dont get it, why would you make fun of someone who isn't cucked like you and has their own language? I mean you're literally a danish rape baby