As a child, I never listened to my immigrant parents asking me to learn their language. However, as I grow older...

As a child, I never listened to my immigrant parents asking me to learn their language. However, as I grow older, I realized that my parents might die without ever having a fluent conversation with their son in the language that they grew up speaking. Now I am hastily trying to learn.

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

And that is

what language? hopefully it isnt spanish

Which language?

Why would you not teach your kid the language as they grow up? There is literally no disadvantage to this.

It only takes maybe 5 years to become fluent.

My grandparents moved from Vietnam to Czechia during the Viet war. I only know Czech, I was born in Czechia, I'm culturally Czech, but I'm a 5 foot chink.

ch-chinese
because i wanted to spend my free times playing gaems and not studying even more

Attached: 1503373270458.jpg (705x527, 247K)

How do (other) Czech people react? Isn't it more homogeneous compared to the countries further west?

>ch-chinese
gg loser.
good luck trying to learn that shit as an adult

>inb4 spanish
Opposite here OP. They tried teaching me Hungarian but I always curved them no matter what because it’s a stupid tongue. I can still understand it and speak some for the most part but my brain could use that space and energy on more useful skills
Also they named me after a shithole Hungarian city and I’m still mad at them

i can understand it, i just need to learn to speak it and become literate

Attached: 15380404093380.png (656x755, 39K)

There are lots of gypsies in the countryside and they are very despised, they steal/leech/rape. I was bullied for being short and having small eyes. The Viet girls were whores to Czech guys. But I was never attacked by Czechs.

>muh heritage
Fuck off. You're American now.

But the dang kid picks it up through osmosis if you just use both languages at home.

This. Your parents are at fault as well.

this fate is not uncommon, happens in Finland too, Vietnamees youngsters do not speak Vietnamic language

maybe... when i try to speak chinese it comes out as this retarded chinese-english pidgin

Attached: fad.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

based

Attached: 893469846934.png (352x143, 61K)

Good luck. When I look at the chinese moon runes I become intimidated. There's just too many of them. Russian isn't so bad but the moon runes are too much

Attached: 1401427319177.jpg (396x388, 37K)

how does being bilingual make you less american

fucking hell

Attached: 1528319191082.jpg (1400x569, 209K)

do you look like a cute kpop boy?

if yes can i fuck you?

If you can understand it, you don't need to learn the grammar and tones.
Try Pinyin(Jyutping if you are Cantonese) first and learn the characters day by day.
There are plenty of free learning material on the net.

CHI

how are you posting here

Lol, even the "Chad True American" still muh heritages. Proof that no matter how american you are you'll still be a mutt

By paying Hiroyuki.

Vietnamese doesn't seem too hard to learn if you can survive the mind rape of tones and you parents could help you out with that part.

>The Viet girls were whores to Czech guys
hot

Does that copypasta work? Have you tried?

Viets laugh when I attempt the language because I butcher the tones

My sister is dating a tall handsome Czech guy and in high school she always brought home Chads to fuck meanwhile I'm still a virgin at 23

Attached: 1458974697107.png (398x397, 152K)

I'm using omnichan on my phone. I don't know what you talking about.

get a kpop look

Attached: 2.jpg (367x387, 21K)

no. and i am not a homosexual
(nese)

Whenever I tried it they would say that I sounded like a little kid. I thought that was good to hear because I basically only knew as much as a very little kid did.

>tfw viet gf dumped you and now you are too lazy to continue learning it

You my friend are a complete fool. I believe regret will come to you, just as it has this OP.

im dark skinned, big nose, square face, it wont work

My mom didn’t teach me the languages she spoke because apparently it messes with your actual grasp on other languages temporarily as a child, making it harder for me to learn English

That and I guess it just never occurred to her, but it’s okay because I learned spanish and french on my own.

Because you are white. They berate you if you are one of them but cannot speak the language.

>tfw their comment was disingenuous

Attached: 1540913870795.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

Both my parenta are mexican but i dont know spanish. Such is life for diaspora

You're brain actually develops more neural connections with more language... in a way it's actually expanding the amount of room in your brain. You're fucking retarded

you can find CHIs all over the damn place IRL and online that would love to help you though

All my friends are chis and they dont know spanish either

When i was younger i could speak it fine. Then when i went through high school everything went to shit.

do you live in one of the whiter states or something? that's so strange to me

Same. I spoke solid spanish until 2nd grade and then i forgot it all.

Socal

If your native language doesn't originate from the same place as your ethnic origin you're the ultimate cuck.

>socal
oh shit I wasn't expecting that. is it some kind of zoomer thing? all of the chis seem to know it in norcal

Says the scot or welsh man speaking a norman language

I know how to say basic things like "quiero dos chips" but writing wise grammar sucked always.

Go to any high school in socal. The students speak english not spanish despite 85% being hispanic

Same. Just simple phrases but anything more complex becomes mangled spanglish spanish

it does seem to be connected with age then. I wonder if growing up with internet connections is what killed it.

I forgot my spanish before even had a computer. Media was really powerful back then too. You gotta remember how popular TV was.

>You gotta remember how popular TV was.

What?

Other forms of media in English made it easy to forget Spanish

>not only speaking to your children in your native tongue and letting them learn english via osmosis

>not learning your own language, or at least have a capacity to understand it
Disgusting. Like those Flips abroad who disown being a flip. An embarrassment.

Can you blame them? Who wants to be a flip? Dirty country trashy people.

well im trying to learn it now and i could always understand it so maybe be less mean?

Attached: 123847328947382.jpg (657x527, 50K)

Hey man, just because it's true doesn't mean you have to say it.

Uh, yeah, hate to break your bubble, but filipinos are the most powerful race in the world.

Chicano posts

Whatever you want to believe mutt aka Pedro, being a flip is great, fun and happy people, lived in C*li a few months and I have to say there's no place like the Philippines.
Even the Americans I know say so.

It's almost too late now. Chinese is hard.

Nope
My flabby white American belly says otherwise

Attached: 20181220_225113-1.jpg (1826x2739, 945K)

>Other forms of media in English made it easy to forget Spanish

What?

慈鳥反哺

Attached: 1541964785404.png (649x607, 206K)

Post your face

i puked. white people are apes.

Black hair. Yellow skin

Why don't your parents learn English instead?
I lived in the US for only 2 years in my 20s, but I can pretty much talk about anything I want in English.

My parents do know English. That's probably one of the reasons I was able to grow up without learning Chinese properly. But I want to be able to communicate with them in their native language.

Why so easy to learn English but nigh impossible to learn Japanese

How shit is your Chinese?
You don't know it at all?
Can you tell the tones, do you know some Hanji?

Ching chong ling long there you learned it

You can do it, though it would be very hard.

English is Germanic for the most part, the Normans brought only isolated words

>My mom didn’t teach me the languages she spoke because apparently it messes with your actual grasp on other languages temporarily as a child, making it harder for me to learn English
This is bullshit

, so I know a bit. I can tell the tones apart when listening. ~300 hanzi

Studies show that, but I don't think they;re conclusive at all.
Here in flipland we learn like 3 to 4 languages average.