Ugh... what could have been

ugh... what could have been

Attached: Screenshot_20181225-221907.jpg (1280x720, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g
remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/g11/g11.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I unironically do wish the nazis won though. would've been amazing

Calm down,paco

What am I seeing?

Kraut space magic.

looks like a G11 assault rifle that uses caseless ammo that was discontinued

and what are we looking at?

In english doc!

youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g

a german pewpew that shoots bullets that don't have bullet casing. that picture is the loading mechanism that feeds the case less ammunition into the barrel.

What does the 45 indicate on that selector lever?

Thank you

Is there any real reason to use caseless bullets?

It's auto fire.
The Magazin hold 45 Bulltets.
It's -45 btw.

One trigger pull to empty the whole 45 round mag

not really. too many extra problems.

>Caseless ammunition is an attempt to reduce the weight and cost of ammunition by dispensing with the case, which is typically precision made of brass or steel, as well as to simplify the operation of repeating firearms by eliminating the need to extract and eject the empty case after firing.[1] Its acceptance has been hampered by problems with production expenses, heat sensitivity, sealing, and fragility. Its use to date has been limited to prototypes and low-powered firearms.

Legit don't understand why people like G11. Literally a fucking rectangle, ugly as fuck

The thought behind it was to reduce weight so Soldiers can carry more Ammunition.
The other advantage is that no case needs to be thrown out of the gun what allows higher firerates.

Disdadvatage: Weapon gets hot fast.

Isn't the case the part that contains the gunpowder, though? How does this even work?

They weigh less so you can carry more. The guns action is more sealed since it doesn't need go eject empty casings so no chance of dirt getting in. Other stuff too probably.

>though? How does this even work?

>Modern caseless ammunition consists of a solid mass of propellant (originally nitrocellulose) cast to form the body of the cartridge. Cavities exist in the body to accept the bullet and a primer (both of which are glued into place). The completed cartridge might also contain a booster charge of powdered propellant to help ignite the body and provide initial thrust to the bullet.[1]

That bullet has the powder that shoots it simply glued on the arse.

If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like the ammo itself would be dangerously volatile, too.

Attached: 4.73x33_Caseless-crop.jpg (950x405, 359K)

yeah, basically. shit gets hot really easy and is fragile.

It's almost as if there is a reason that bullets have casings, kek

>Tfw no caseless ak107

which is why pretty much all caseless stuff has just been prototypes so far.

By proper handling of the ammunition and a smart weapon design those issues shouldn't play much of a role.

A much bigger issue is to get the bullet out of the weapon when it misfires. But even this can be solved or was solved in the G11.

The G11 was actually already on the way to be adapted here but than the Ostblock crushed and all Military funding was reduced to a minimum.

I personally think that this is kinda a superior military weapon since it allows for a bigger amount of ammo per soldier what gives him a clear advantage. Besides the burst fire can be done in a very high precision.

150 rounds per dude seems pretty good. especially when it's all stored on the gun itself.

Attached: eoe g11.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Only reason it was discontinued is because the USSR fell and the west kraut government decided they are stingy kike fucks after all

If not for that we'd be in fucking Starship Troopers universe now.

the contracts where already signed.
Only a few month more the Sovjets had to surivive to make it real.

It's literally portable BRRRT you stinky Ivan motherfucker.

It uses CASELESS AMMO. It has a ROTATING PISTON DRIVEN DRUM BOLT. Instead we're all stuck with glorified Cei Rigotti systems. The newest fundamental operating system used in any gun is the meme roller delayed blowback shit. If you're really autistic you could say Stoner's direct impingement system was novel but that's still fucking 19th century tier.

I am really torn

On the one hand, my people are now free. On the other hand, all the cool 90s sci fi star wars shit got cancelled. Applies to Strategic Defense Initiative too.

Help me out, anons. What the hell am I looking at?

that and the fact that it actually not a reliable rifle? the caseless ammo creates too much heat and makes it dangerously hot and susceptible to cookoffs.

It is a reliable riffle.
Even not the most reliable one in tests it was by far more reliable than the common assault riffles that were in use and even today can still compete in reliabilty.
I think only the FN SCAR is slightly more reliable.

Maybe I find the test. It was an US one after complains about the M16.

What could've been...

Attached: 1538103132841.webm (720x540, 2.89M)

remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/g11/g11.htm
This is a report of the German troop testing.
I think it's a kinda good inside.

A fucking clockwork

>it actually not a reliable rifle?
It passed all the tests you little gook shit

It was a reliable rifle. By the late 80s everybody knew what to test for already. Nigger

This is a gun made by the German Republic

a future denied to us..

Post unusual weapons.

Attached: index.jpg (374x135, 7K)

looks like shit though

Attached: 5225125.jpg (600x428, 66K)

Looks dumb

No

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 5.07.04 PM.png (692x546, 337K)

Caseless is a joke. Typical German over-engineered solution to a non-problem

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 5.09.59 PM.png (1114x796, 276K)

Is it peak German autism?

No. Peak German autism is when Hitler cheered Pearl Harbor

dead americans are always a reason to cheer

Typical German over engineering, a gun with a 1000 times more points of possible failure than any other gun.

Funny, this is an excellent example of a German's inability to logic. Pearl Habor is what led to many more German deaths.

sacrifices have to be made

(this is also what made Hitler shit at war. Probably sucked ass at chess, too)