What do you think of Latin America? When you hear that name, do you feel anger or admiration?

What do you think of Latin America? When you hear that name, do you feel anger or admiration?

Attached: Latin America.jpg (728x425, 20K)

Los Estados Unidos

>When you hear that name, do you feel anger or admiration?

I think of sun, hot climate, latino dances and music, poverty, favelas, black and white people living next to each other in peace and harmony

Latin America is my home

Attached: images (3).png (656x468, 9K)

Strong dislike.

:(

Cringe.

Argentina is completely different from El Salvador that is completely different from Brazil and that is completely difference from Mexico.... but they think it's all the same.

But Spain was largely responsible, including part of the United States

>they
did you mean ((((they))))

that's anoher reason more why they dislike it

drugs and fat asses

The same could arguably be said of Poland, Italy and the UK, countries which do literally speak very different languages, or at least much more different to each other than Portuguese is distant from Spanish, yet I don't think anyone has a problem grouping them together as Europe even if that is even more likely to lead to mistaken asumptions regarding their commonalities. I don't think memes aside most people around the world are likely to mistake Brazil for Mexico at the very least.

That's a bit harsh, I can get dislike, that tends to be a rather personal thing, but "strong" implies a personal sense of grivance which does look like a rather unfair attitude.

Nice people, shitty food.

>personal sense of grivance
he got cucked by an ecuatorian probably

Mexico and all caribean nations ruined our image forever. Peru and Cono sur try to improve it but we just can't

Do you think we like being associated with a history of junats, coups and petty dictators even tho that doesn't apply to us? It works both ways.

>ruined our image forever.
what image illiterate indio, the Flaite one?

More like nice food, shitty people

>Peru and Cono sur try to improve it
this NEVER happened
and no, Don Francisco isn't a "try"

Being associated to dictatorships is better than being seen as a murderous narcoshithole
Your image is also ruined by Mexicans, and by trying to improve it I mean being civilized enough to not have a 2 digits murder rate and not have your countrymen be disolved in acid

But the European countries have an undeniable common history, which is not true for the concept called "Latin America".

All my fellow Latins are extraordinary people. I know this is the general consensus worldwide but it's worth mentioning again

Attached: chad.jpg (1080x1246, 119K)

We're not both a product of Iberian colonization?

So it speaks more highly of a society when murder is the army overthrowing democratically elected governments than when it is criminals?

kys

>by trying to improve it I mean being civilized enough to not have a 2 digits murder rate and not have your countrymen be disolved in acid
which nobody notices
the issue is not only behaving well,
gotta send delegacies and embassies too, showing ourselves more

What troubles you friend?

I want to visit Argentina and Chile. The food and hotels there are cheap but the flight itself is very pricey so maybe another time.

well, i live in a shitty place, it's inevitable to feel anger.

however, i still think that latin america can become a nice place in the future. It will take 100 years + though. For the most part it's a shitty place but it's not in the dystopian tier like most parts africa, some parts of india, etc.

>The food and hotels there are cheap

Attached: 48367904_454876558375073_4074640460172230656_n.jpg (261x192, 13K)

>We're not both a product of Iberian colonization?

Yeah. But what common history would, say, Cape Verde have with the Philippines?

Latin America has a common history, traditions and institutions, granted we stand appart from the rest but Brazil has more in common with Argentina than with the former Portuguese colony of Angola.

>Brazil has more in common with Argentina

Only Rio Grande do Sul, mate. We are leagues away from the platines in nearly everything I can think of. And I like them. I think you're a little misled.

t. Gaúcho

So outside of Rio Grande do Sul you're more like Africa than other Lat Am countries?

I agree, my fellow latin friend.

I can't think of a country which can be grouped with Brazil (except Portugal and Uruguay). Brazil has similarities with itself, that is, between the regions and states: Amazonas and Pará. Rio Grande and Santa Catarina. The northeeast and the midwest. The south and the north, etc. Each cultural zone has its own particular history and could be considered the equivalent of the countries that came into existance after the Spanish-American independence. Of course Brazil has similarities with the Hispanic countries and the former Portuguese colonies in the outer world, but they are invariably tenuous.

Yes, but speaking in wider terms Brazil should be more like other South American countries than those in Europe, Africa or Asia, it isn't Portugal in a tropical climate.

Thiccc latinas, sun, beaches, cocaine

Mostly good things