I love Italian food!

i love Italian food!

Attached: Neapolitan sausage italian style.jpg (400x300, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Wbvy0SJH2y
youtube.com/watch?v=6TFeGkjN6Rc
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina_romagnola
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina
youtube.com/watch?v=VtaOrGGW5KY
youtube.com/watch?v=UiZWXB0BKPM
youtube.com/watch?v=s8py6cAf688
youtube.com/watch?v=d8Tq1PUl4rE
youtube.com/watch?v=rPmUntWfQDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f9HZJImzt8s
youtube.com/watch?v=Plg-SKUYXpc
youtube.com/watch?v=hIaDbignr04
youtube.com/watch?v=bV9ZkQ3nTpg
youtube.com/watch?v=242kAGJz38g
youtube.com/watch?v=__FMkHDxb_M
stradavinisaporifc.it/en/prodotti/2/cheeses_of_romagna/305/squacquerone_pdo
stradavinisaporifc.it/en/prodotti/2/formaggi/304/casatella_romagnola
deliciousitaly.com/emilia-romagna-food-wine/formaggio-di-fossa-cheese
italiantraditionalfood.it/italian-regional-food-specialties/emilia-romagna/fossa-cheese/
emiliaromagnaturismo.com/en/flavours/il-formaggio-di-fossa?set_language=en
formaggio.it/formaggio/formaggio-di-fossa-di-sogliano-d-o-p/
youtube.com/watch?v=B0zovfZhurM
youtube.com/watch?v=l92mD59zu0w
youtube.com/watch?v=dtCK2v-24vI
youtube.com/watch?v=rVWy454g9r8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zk724I4e4dU
youtube.com/watch?v=PgDEQcN-POo
gamberorosso.it/notizie/articoli-food/a-b-cheese-eleonora-baldwin-e-i-formaggi-squacquerone-di-romagna-dop-e-formaggio-di-fossa-dop/
youtube.com/watch?v=O6Xo-HTN5VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm more partial to Greek food.
My city actually has a pretty decent size Greek population.
I strangely haven't tried Italian food yet, even though we have a big population of Italians.

yes it is tasty
I made this earlier today

Attached: IMG_20190523_162926040.jpg (1560x2080, 1.22M)

I also like this.
respect Italian cuisine.

Attached: Bolognese.jpg (640x427, 100K)

DELICIOUS

Attached: Milanese Doria.jpg (1200x800, 462K)

had some lasagne last week. thank you italy for inventing this

Attached: lasakne.jpg (589x541, 80K)

I feel Italy when I eat chicken pasta.

Attached: Chicken pasta.jpg (280x210, 24K)

looks a bit dry but I'm sure it tasted great

here is what my lasagne looks like

Attached: IMG_20190316_173244597.jpg (2080x1560, 1.25M)

Me too!!!!

Attached: 3462caa31b7820-myylon.png (500x500, 47K)

it was good with some ketsup, your lasakne looks good too

Tomato spaghetti tastes like the Italian sun.

Attached: Tomato spaghetti.jpg (450x450, 34K)

I enjoyed sukiyaki when I was in Nippon
Too bad where I am they only make the small nigiri and sushi rolls

Attached: wifey-cooked-super-yummy-beef-sukiyaki-the-marbling-from-the-miyazaki-wagyu-beef-rib-rosu-sukiyaki-c (960x960, 202K)

It was a greasy, cheesy mess. Just the way I like it

Attached: IMG_20190316_174143131.jpg (1560x2080, 997K)

*blocks your path*
*teleports behind you*
*dumps a shitton of garlic in your ragu*
nothin personnel.....

Based.

Attached: 1557842401074.jpg (465x350, 33K)

looks delicious

Some very delicious cuisine ITT.

the best in the world

Attached: cuisine.png (2134x2753, 835K)

Attached: 09EB0C03F5F243AF.jpg (1740x1219, 411K)

Attached: fiori-di-zucca-fritti.jpg (624x351, 35K)

For me, it's tiramisu.

Attached: 2017-10-28-Tiramisu-9-600x840.jpg (600x840, 86K)

Attached: risotto-monzese.jpg (585x585, 61K)

>i love Italian food!

Attached: 1516307735962.jpg (960x892, 234K)

Attached: olive_ascolane.jpg (650x433, 35K)

what's this?

why do asians dislike greek food?

Attached: file.png (121x38, 3K)

Based and Truepilled

Attached: Apu_ita.png (551x390, 35K)

piadina, just posting some non pasta based food from italy you may not know

Attached: vitello-tonnato-1300x867.jpg (1300x867, 143K)

looks unspectacular

vocaroo.com/i/s1Wbvy0SJH2y

Attached: 1557686725358.png (1500x1459, 133K)

>american cuisine
burguers?

>Naporitan or Napolitan (Japanese: ナポリタン) is a popular Japanese pasta dish. The dish consists of spaghetti, tomato ketchup or a tomato-based sauce, onion, button mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, bacon and Tabasco sauce.
Interesting

>piadina
yeah, never heard of it. looks great though
panini is quite popular in Finland as a snack food

youtube.com/watch?v=6TFeGkjN6Rc

Fpbp

Their feminine palates can't handle the strong, manly Hellenic oil

Attached: 1541949010051.jpg (157x117, 3K)

Beesu

ah yes the gayreeks and their "manly" olive oil

Attached: olive oil.jpg (1080x1399, 174K)

>panini
are tramezzini popular?

Attached: Tramezzini-5.jpg (1000x662, 645K)

For me it's bistecca alla fiorentina

Attached: Untitled-design9.jpg (895x500, 655K)

looks like russian pasta except has no ketchup and mayo on it
fun fact: italian pasta in russia has a different packaging and description that shows the cooking time for al dente and "complete" cooking time that makes the pasta overcooked because that's how they eat it

that's this thing right?
sold at just about every grocery store as a lunch item, also at train/bus stations

Attached: kolmioleipä.jpg (648x886, 168K)

Looks like a fondue, not sure where's the Milan in this, this kind of cuisine seems to be from Val d'Aosta and Trentino Alto Adige (alpine cuisine).

they are called tramezzini, panini are sandwiches like subway

yes, tramezzini looks like what we call "triangle sandwich". they're popular in Asia as well iirc
if you buy a panini in finland it looks like this

Attached: panini.jpg (800x800, 44K)

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Piadina should be as famous as pizza but will probably get raped and abused more than pizza abroad. There are two or three main piadina kinds, delicious, crunchy outside and soft inside, genuine flavor. Good as empty and with filling, i personally prefer it without squaquerone cheese because it suppresses the other flavors, for me it's prosciutto crudo and rocket leaves, the heat of the piadina allows the prosciutto to release all its flavor and the arugola completes the taste experience with its slightly spicy and fresh note. Simple and perfect. Our local Ipercoop makes their own piadinas daily and sells them for a fair price, they are as good as those sold in the small takeaway and piadinerias,sometimes even tastier, friends from Lombardy came as guests to our home for the summer and absolutely loved it, they bought like kilos of it to bring it back in Lombardy and let their friends taste it. Piadina gets thinner the more you move to the Romagna's south east coast like Rimini and Cesena while it gets slightly thicker in the mainland, I like the latter more or if its something in between.

same

Attached: supreme-pizza-recipe.jpg (502x502, 92K)

Try cooking it, vitello tonnato is peak comfort food, it's beef with a tuna based sauce. Roast or even boil some beef, then process home made or commercial mayo with capers and canned tuna. Served chilled or room temperature.

how do I make good piadina

Attached: 1554150578546.png (651x799, 32K)

it's just a flour and water dough, you can find online the exact recipe. Inside you can put what you want, cook it a bit to melt the cheese

Here in Italy it's easier to buy them rather than cooking them which takes its own time. Some commercial ones with long expire dates are absolutely tasteless, where it is popular locally it can be purchased in the big supermarkets or in packs from the vans or shops.

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina_romagnola
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina
>Piadina has even found its way to space, eaten by Russian cosmonauts as part of a mediterranean diet experiment on the International Space Station
Based?

Also it's not extremely salty despite being rich in flavor, so it's very versatile and can turn into a dessert too.
The recipes say olive oil or lard but from what I know lard is the most accurate and original ingredient of the recipe.
Piadina or piada is originally a Romagna speciality but a smaller and thicker version can be find in Emilia and the Appenines, it's called tigella

You can use online translator for the ingredients, this one seems to work for those who don't have the local cheese, I wouldn't advice different spread cheese like Philadelphia, the squaquerone has an own distinct flavor like other fresh cheese kinds of that area, very creamy and milky yet acidic.
A quick version of piadina:
youtube.com/watch?v=VtaOrGGW5KY
youtube.com/watch?v=UiZWXB0BKPM
youtube.com/watch?v=s8py6cAf688
youtube.com/watch?v=d8Tq1PUl4rE

If you want the original one the east riviera of northern and central Italy is full of them, and so is the central area of the whole Romagna.

Also Italian + English videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=rPmUntWfQDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f9HZJImzt8s
youtube.com/watch?v=Plg-SKUYXpc
youtube.com/watch?v=hIaDbignr04

>these should do it:
youtube.com/watch?v=bV9ZkQ3nTpg
youtube.com/watch?v=242kAGJz38g (recipe in English in the description, gives quantity of lard or oil to substitute it depending which version you prefer)

Attached: 1876231875271653.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

there's lard in piadina, you absolute retard

One of my favorite summer foods and in all season in general, beef carpaccio, it's so juicy!

youtube.com/watch?v=__FMkHDxb_M

It's our thinly sliced raw beef (spanish carne salada or Italian "affettati" bresaola also work perfectly as alternatives or their own dishes), then add some thin slices of parmesan on it (you can use the veggie peeler if it's a practical version), then add some arugola / rocket leaves, finally sprinkles with some salt and optional black pepper and add a gentle squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil (fragrant if possible) over it. It's just perfect as it is, sweet cherry tomatoes and capers (removed the extra salt if they are preserved in it) can also be used.

You can eat it like that or with breadsticks or other not too soft kinds of bread.
It's an ideal plate for both raw meat beginners and those with a fancy palate.

Personally I end not mixing it like a salad or layered plate but instead make mini rolls with the beef slices and the rest being put inside them. Serve chilled or just below room temperature.

Attached: unfff.jpg (1500x1125, 184K)

based post
>Piadina has even found its way to space, eaten by Russian cosmonauts as part of a mediterranean diet experiment on the International Space Station
so you're telling me they even eat piadina in S-P-A-C-E ?

Also the video has crescionis, sometimes you can find them served in pizzerias too, it's basically a piadina or pizza hot pocket, can fill it with cheese and tomato sauce or whatever bacon, onions, red raddish, mushrooms etc.
Some are deepfried.

>crescionis
just googled it, look kinda like cornish pasty but with italian style filling. they're unheard of in Finland, the closest thing to it available here would probably be calzone

Is it good enough to pay these prices?

Attached: image.png (1871x797, 2.24M)

why are american such jews? it's supposed to be street food

based and pastapilled
gonna eat these when I visit toscana in 2 weeks

Real cheese is absurdly expensive in US for some reason

It's a place in midtown Manhattan so $9 is actually pretty reasonable.

As an aside, street food isn't really much of a thing in the USA, so most street foods that travel here end up being served in sit-down restaurants or taken out and eaten at home.

okay, but 9 dollaroos is pretty steep for a single piadina.

to me its fried polenta, very popular here

Isn't Manhattan full of pic related?
If he can afford living in NY, he can probably afford a $9 snack

Attached: hot_dog.jpg (1802x1401, 429K)

that's not the point, I could afford to buy an apple for 70 euros that doesn't mean the price is right.
it's literally a bread circle with salad and cheese inside.

I know, in all honesty I posted it as bait
Yeah, but they're mostly frequented by tourists and there aren't many options beyond hotdogs, pizza, gyros, and some other stuff.

Money is just money at the end of the day
I would be tempted to buy a single pianida for 10€ just to taste one.

I would also pay 10 eurobananas just to taste mammi.

Here they cost up to €5 if they have rich fillings, but you can buy simple piadina base and fillings separarely and heat them up at home for like €3 or so in the end, 3 good quality piadas freshly and daily made in the Romagna Ipercoop are sold for €2.20 or less, the rest is up to you, rocket leaves are cheap since they are a common ingredient that is also exported to Europe, affettatis vary in price, I like prosciutto crudo or a nice fragrant and almost sweet coppa with it. If cheese than it has to be just cheese on piada for me.

I think it's common ovepricing exotic or foreign fast and street food abroad regardless of its quality or how loyal the recipe is to the original.
I've seen American "pizza" and "Russian" pizza with insane pricetags in Ireland and Moscow and outside of it and neither looked like actual pizza, same with some sushi that are already borderline sushi outside of Japan and real Japanese and not Chinese restaurants. I think pizza in Ireland can even cost more than some tasty fresh and nicely done fish and chips.

Is that pic from NYC?
Expecting at least imported ingredients from something like this that is considered our typical bread, which means it's supposed to be cheap and affordable.
By the way, the "romagnola" has Prosciutto di Parma in it, it's one of the sweet prosciuttos and the most prestigious in Italy, this explains the price leap but still expensive, stracchino is a good alternative to squaquerone.

stradavinisaporifc.it/en/prodotti/2/cheeses_of_romagna/305/squacquerone_pdo
stradavinisaporifc.it/en/prodotti/2/formaggi/304/casatella_romagnola

>tfw living in one of the biggest and top culinary regions of italy
Stracchino is more acidic, while squaquerone and casatella are sweeter and milkier and creamy with an acidic note, casatella reminds me of the burrata which is form Apulia, it's pretty orgasmic, a real experience of flavors, tastes like milk with a melting texture.

>this massive wall text over piadina
gotta love the italic food autism

mämmi tastes kind of like a grainy textured chocolate pudding. but it is true warrior food and was traditionally used as a military ration

you have to understand mämmi has been elevated to an almost mythical standing for me thanks to this board.

This is my mentality too. Maybe I'll try it next time I'm in the area, though knowing gimmicky restaurants in midtown the pianida are probably mediocre
You'll probably have to make it yourself or go to Finland to try it. There are literally zero Finnish restaurants even in NYC
>Here they cost up to €5 if they have rich fillings, but you can buy simple piadina base and fillings separarely and heat them up at home for like €3 or so in the end, 3 good quality piadas freshly and daily made in the Romagna Ipercoop are sold for €2.20 or less, the rest is up to you, rocket leaves are cheap since they are a common ingredient that is also exported to Europe
That's pretty cheap. In the US, rocket leaves are touted as a a high-class food because our lettuce choices are traditionally awful (i.e. iceberg and romaine), so rocket/arugula = huge price markup.
>I've seen American "pizza" and "Russian" pizza with insane pricetags in Ireland and Moscow and outside of it and neither looked like actual pizza, same with some sushi that are already borderline sushi outside of Japan and real Japanese and not Chinese restaurants. I think pizza in Ireland can even cost more than some tasty fresh and nicely done fish and chips.
Are you talking about individual slices of pizza or a whole pie?
>Is that pic from NYC?
Yeah. What is your favorite cheese/what are your favorite cheeses? I live a skip away from a cheese shop and love trying out new stuff.

Attached: image.png (1543x787, 927K)

>pianida
piadina*

I can understand that.

Attached: mämmi.png (544x665, 131K)

I heard there's a lot of Finnmutts in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

In some parts of Mexico, they put squash blossoms on quesadilla. It's god tier desu.

Attached: bolla0715-xl-squash-blossom-quesadillas.jpg (1200x900, 309K)

My bad.
There are, but from what I've heard it sounds like they've lost their roots like most Americans. The advent of processed/mass-produced foods completely ruined American food culture post-WWII; there are very few regions outside of the American South and Southwest that retained any sort of half-respectable culinary tradition. Plus scandi food is kind of shit to begin with so the Finnish-Americans didn't have much to work off of

Attached: image.jpg (600x745, 117K)

wow a casadilla, big whoop

Whole pizza pie, in Italy you find basic pizza topping combos everyone knows and likes plus some special ones depending on pizzeria (oddly fair price and quality pizzerias are rare), we also have gourmet pizza, the prices vary between €3.5 and €15+ (even up to €25+ but those are gourment and restaurant ones).
Also there's the advantage of local quality ingredients that are hard to find abroad or seasonal ones, it's more than just pepperoni or salami.

My favorite cheese types are Gorgonzola, layered Gorgonzola + Mascarpone, Parmiggiano (I like equally all the aging categories of it because each one has its use and flavors), Grana Padano, Asiago (kinda lost interest in it now but used to love it, same with Fontina and Taleggio), Ricotta with Fresh Cream or Tvorog the Slav more acidic version of Ricotta, Casatella, Stracchino, Burrata, the Pecorino cheese family, Mozzarella (not the solid one if it's even considered mozzarella), Mozzarella di Buffala (I think it should be tasted at least two times, the opinions vary), Edamer, Leerdamer / Maasdam, Gouda, Brie and Camembert, Feta, Fresh Cheese with Herbs like Dill, Fresh Goat Cheese like Ricotta and Chevre, Cheddar like cheese, several hard mold cheeses with pieces of olives, walnuts, pistachios and chili inside them or herbs, and others that slightly differ from each other depending on raw or not milk, goat or sheep milk percentage and such, also mountain and non mountain milk and aging and so on.

Our town and region has (up to 2 times) yearly market festivals with the French coming in to our piazza cooking and selling their pastries, local specialities and cheese, as well as crafty goods. I remember the whole town smelled horribly because of some extremely smelly cheese, and I mean it really was smelly I almost puked, probably the durian of Europe. Not sure if it was Camembert but according to a study and poll the smelliest ever cheese kinds are all native to France if not all of them.

Attached: bateman-phone.jpg (1000x500, 88K)

czech'd

Are you visiting florence :D

>casadilla
Interesting, most of the cheeses you mention are widely-available in most US cities. Are there any good extremely local cheeses that you'd recommend? Like the rare shit that costs $35/lb?
>I remember the whole town smelled horribly because of some extremely smelly cheese, and I mean it really was smelly I almost puked, probably the durian of Europe. Not sure if it was Camembert but according to a study and poll the smelliest ever cheese kinds are all native to France if not all of them.
Didn't know that. Did you try it?
I got an American tallegio-inspired cheese the other day and damn is it rank. I have the theory that it's more bacterial culture than cheese

It's a little house for the fillings

>all these walls of text
Have sex

this

Attached: 1484260103964.jpg (1024x733, 81K)

Based

pasta is asia
and tomato and beef sauce was eaten in the andes for millennia before the discovery of the Americas

italian food my arsehole

Cute!

Attached: 1302158963359.jpg (640x580, 152K)

Based Finn professional chefs in this thread

>professional chefs
I cook it for free

Attached: 1555076271026.jpg (565x600, 40K)

HE DOES IT FOR FREE

deliciousitaly.com/emilia-romagna-food-wine/formaggio-di-fossa-cheese
italiantraditionalfood.it/italian-regional-food-specialties/emilia-romagna/fossa-cheese/
emiliaromagnaturismo.com/en/flavours/il-formaggio-di-fossa?set_language=en
formaggio.it/formaggio/formaggio-di-fossa-di-sogliano-d-o-p/

This one, you might as well impress some friends with its origin, it's seasonal (two stage aging) cheese as in the days it is retrieved are very festive and have local festivals to celebrate it. It's a cheese that is produced between Romagna and Marche.
I think it was even used to pay debts, but that's a thing that goes for other prestigious cheese molds too.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0zovfZhurM
youtube.com/watch?v=l92mD59zu0w
youtube.com/watch?v=dtCK2v-24vI
youtube.com/watch?v=rVWy454g9r8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zk724I4e4dU (comfy small town and hills views)
youtube.com/watch?v=PgDEQcN-POo (qt italian grills around 13:40 and mandatory meme romagna people)

gamberorosso.it/notizie/articoli-food/a-b-cheese-eleonora-baldwin-e-i-formaggi-squacquerone-di-romagna-dop-e-formaggio-di-fossa-dop/ (translate page, has more details and history)

Tuscany fossa version:
youtube.com/watch?v=O6Xo-HTN5VM

Italian food is worth a bit of effort

Attached: 1532629819811.jpg (1280x1280, 124K)

>foodlet countries
Don't talk to me or my goat's cheese ever again.

Attached: 1508740182647.jpg (536x720, 95K)

fai sesso

Thanks man, saved for future use
If you ever come to NYC I'll give you advice on how to avoid the shitty tourist restaurants