>do keto for 7 months, drop to 265
>cheat one day, then stall for a straight month
>go to plebbit keto board
>they tell me 1500 calories is my maintenance at 5"10, 265lbs
>they tell me keto doesn't make you lose fat faster, just helps reduce appetite
>over time they basically admit its no better than CICO

Attached: IMG_9042.jpg (305x305, 36K)

weak

eating window is more important than carb intake (although keeping carbs low as a fatass is important)
keto is pointless if you arent at the very least doing IF tbqh

They either got really defensive, and claimed my metabolism must just be fucked FROM doing keto (even though they claim it boosts metabolism)

Or

Said "well that's not actually true" about the benefits they themselves promote

Fasting hasn't helped. The only thing that has helped was dry fasting, and even then after 24 hours I'd only drop 3lbs, then stall until I dry fasted again

No shit. It was a diet created to eliminate seizures in children and eventually evolved into something that fatties with no discipline could feel superior about. Suddenly they're 34 with pains in their chest because they've forgotten what vegetables look like and have been living off of bacon, sausage, butter, and avocado for the past 5 years.

Keto general?
Keto general.

Anyone try those keto lasagna noodles made using cream cheese, eggs and spices?

I'll get around to trying it but wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

You figure?
Does seem like a meme diet.

At the last stage of my cut trying to get myself from my current 15% to 10 or lower, figured I'd give myself the challenge.

But as I ate an Italian sausage floating in 40g of seasoned coconut oil I couldn't help but think to myself that this was an evil ruse promoted by the heart disease industry.

Attached: 1f914.png (512x512, 39K)

Of course it is. Nobody wants to be told to do the things they already know they should be doing to be healthy. Varied and nutritious diet, regular exercise, and good sleep? But I know all of that.

Wait, I can lose weight by eating meat and fat all day? WHOO, BANDWAGON! Not only do they confuse weight loss with health, like any other "diet" keto falls off once people feel like they've made it. "I hit goal weight, now I can eat carbs again!." Congratufuckinglations, you'll balloon 20 pounds in a month. But never mind thinking ahead to what happens after the diet is over when 90% of keto adopters apply it incorrectly and don't get the proper amount of micronutrients in their diet.

Keto is a joke.

In my experience it's not 100% BS. It's more like the ring of favor and protection from dark souls. It's really effective, but if you stop using it even once you'll never be able to use it again.

Dude I was losing way more weight on keto than CICO. Literally the only flaw with the diet has been that I broke keto once and haven't been able to lose weight since. Now it feels possible that I'll never be able to lose fat ever again.

idk friend I'm doing keto and have four cups of steamed brocoli a day, still pissing stones, you know about net carbs and fiber right?

Attached: 1525270514487.jpg (720x960, 90K)

Like I said I'm fucking around with it as a challenge, wasn't too hard to transition since I regularly eat less than 30% of calories from carbs.

But Christ alive is it a pain in the ass to get your micros when you're aiming for less than 30g of carbs for the day... And hitting 2400 calories without eating too much protein...

But the criticism you levy against it seems informed by fat fucks that'll never make it anyway.

From what I've researched it's presented not as a diet but rather a lifestyle.
And the best information I've seen come from sources that aren't selling anything.

So do you think it's completely illegitimate or rather your gripe is that it panders to delusional fatties?

What biological mechanism would keto inhibit which would make weight loss impossible without it?

I know fat loss is more complex than calories in versus calories out combined with regular exercise and planned nutrition but... Oh actually it isn't, so what are you on about?

>not doing keto WITH cico

Attached: 1525148025100.gif (849x479, 1.09M)

All I'm saying is that on CICO I lost maybe 2 pounds a week while on keto it was closer to 8 with the same caloric defecit.

Now I stopped doing keto for a single day and haven't lost weight on any caloric defecit including water fasting.

Either I'm a physical anomaly or it's more complex than you think.

Mostly illegitimate for all but short-term weight loss (and of course their original medical application). Most studies on keto look at time frames between a few weeks and 6 months, so there's no data to indicate what the long-term effects are on your body (specifically your cardiovascular system but also others). To your point, it's a nightmare to check your micronutrient boxes with such a limiting diet.

On the other side, there's a vast amount of data that proves there are diets that 1) work great for weight loss and 2) lead to great long-term health.

I eat nothing but animals and veggies (keto/LCHF), never count calories, and always maintain 10-12% bodyfat. Go another few months instead of giving up when you hit the first speedbump.

You have to consider that the more you weigh, the easier it is to lose weight. Your experience likely results in 1) fucking up ketosis with a cheat which spins that process out of control 2) have lower weight which means to maintain the same rate of loss you need to carve out a deeper calorie deficit.

Not to mention, that high-loss week doesn't seem at all indicative of your overall progress. You claim 65 pounds of weight loss over 7 months, which averages out to... just over 2 lbs a week.

How I got that number was that I remember being 330lbs and losing weight in September, but I didn't start keto until later than that, probably November then started seriously restricting calories in February. I do remember weeks where I'd lose a pound each day.

Also, I know weight loss gets harder as it goes on, but such a sharp drop from losing at least 5lbs a week to nothing is not indicative of normal diminishing weight loss.

-plateaus exist
-you admitted to fucking up keto

You're looking for answers but are rejecting every suggestion in defense of a meme. Don't know what else I can say.

Lurking on the net I've seen people even claim that they can bulk keto.

I can't imagine how I'd hit 3400 calories eating less than 30g of protein and less than 200g of protein.

Figure that the initial and drastic gain after a cheat day would just be water weight anyway, which is also the secret to the fantastically misleading original drop offs.

Just wanted to try something new, SHOCK THE BODY, as Arny would say, to help me with the last of the fat I wanted to lose.

CICO isn't a fucking diet you idiot. It's a principle that goes with every diet. Just because you are doing keto doesn't mean you get to ignore calories, dumbass.

eating carbs cause you to retain water. that's part of the reason keto is so popular -- when you cut carbs, you quickly lose a lot of water weight. of course, the goal isnt to lose water weight, its to lose fat but the rapid scale movement motivates people.

Yeah but on keto I was never able to lose any water weight.

I was eating at a caloric defecit while doing keto. That's why the retards on plebbit said "try eating further below your maintenance, which is 1500"

the water weight loss only happens when you start keto. from then on, you're just retaining less water and you wont lose any more or less water than someone on a high carb diet.

the point im making is keto is popular in large part because the following things happen to a lot of people

>be on normal diet, stalling, someone recommends keto, ok why not
>eat less carbs so lose water weight quicky, "oh wow keto really works!"
>back to normal weight loss due to CICO
>hm, maybe tI should try a normal diet, start eating more carbs
>gain water weight, "wow high carb really causes you to gain weight fast!"

>Yeah but on keto I was never able to lose any water weight.
So you think your 8 pounds of loss in 1 week was fat? Go back and join the plebbit retards you so disdain.

How are you complaining it's bullshit when you've lost weight?
Fucking moron

this plus not having any carbs makes you weak as shit and prompts you to eat more

moderate fats high protein and moderate carbs with dairy 3x a day is best, its been proven over and over

>dairy 3x a day
How the fuck did that nonsense get added in?

dairy has minerals that fill you up and also coat your stomach

nonfat is best though

You can eat perfectly healthy on Keto. Just because dolts choose to ignore CICO and handle it unhealthily does not mean it is worthless.

That's like saying because you could dive under a lawnmower and die that lawnmowers are too dangerous to cut a lawn with.

Carbs are not a necessary macronutrient. This doesn't make Keto BETTER than any other calorie-restricting diet, but I really don't understand the vitriol against it when it does work for some people.

ITT: brainlets

That's a godawful comparison and what you call vitriol I call a healthy skepticism for a meme with poor supporting data for anything other than very short-term weight loss (which comes from combating poor discipline against unhealthy carbs rather than from it's biological mechanism).

Don't drink the kool-aid, kids.

>go on a diet
>cheat
>"it's the diets fault!!"

Attached: 1525190982932.gif (400x225, 1.63M)

>no diet is explicitly better if you're not willing to put in effort
Interesting finding. You should write a paper about it.
I'll help you get started:
>Today I learned...

Oh ok cool, now I know that "healthy skepticism" means lashing out without citation to back up your claims. Further, creating straw-men that you can knock down, again, without citation.

>Poor supporting data for anything other than very short-term weight loss

According to what/who, now?

Fact of the matter is that all weight-loss is regulation of calories. If one person can adhere to ketogenic while eating healthy, there is nothing wrong with it. On the other hand, the position that idiots misunderstand the foundation of a healthy diet and fuck keto up, therefore Keto is unhealthy, is ignorant beyond belief. Nothing "healthy" about that position friendo.

Nice response, Peewee.

go read lyle's book on the ketogenic diet

If keto is so good, where are the studies showing it's great for long-term health? You want someone else to disprove a negative but you don't have any data to suggest it's good for anything but restricting calories...

>where's your citations?!
>even though I have none of my own

same

Keto is literally a meme diet.
>bacon and eggs and sausage and butter all I want? wowee, I can't wait to tell all my friends on reddit about how I lost 80 pounds in 12 days!

As per this guy not understanding the fundamentals of LE BACON DIET makes you ignorant.

yeah I agree a lot of people start out keto being ignorant as fuck
"le bacon diet" is a meme because people do it wrong all the fucking time and eating dirty as fuck, but they're losing weight so it's okay

If you were some kind of hunter gatherer type of nutsack you probably would only eat meat during the winter keto

what is so fucking hard about eating right?

eat less fatty

>be on keto
>energy up, don’t need a nap or coffee in the middle of the day
>despite a drastic cut, lifts remain the same
>leaning out very quickly with keto + IF + yohimbine
>my carb up comes up
>don’t even feel cravings for carbs but have one anyway
>get bloated, watery, huge gas, absolutely disgusting

Never doing this shit again, fuck wheat. I’m going keto till I’m completely lean, and never touching bread again

I strongly suspect you are miscounting your calories. And before you try to argue about it, just realize that you are arguing with a fact and not my opinion.

>Obese
>Eating less calories than i need doesn't work

Attached: IMG_1991.jpg (400x386, 58K)

You preserve more lean mass when eating at a deficit in ketosis. It's a fact.

>weighing yourself daily.
Youre doin it wrong.

for a diet that it is ok to eat bacon and eggs daily, clogging arteries fatally in no time, it is dangerous joke diet hundreds of millions of people still take seriously. i wonder how many people have died becauseof this meme already or paralyzed by strokes these animal fat diets cause

Attached: bd3990f08b1e0a2d7fcb719b76c9688e.jpg (1280x1889, 268K)

>huge gas
>absolutely disgusting
you'd be wrong

Attached: 1525375703678.jpg (830x468, 22K)

>losing weight, healthiest I've ever been
>on a diet that just involves avoiding carbs
>share my diet with keto peeps
>they freak out over my broccoli intake and tell me I'm getting too many carbs
The fuck? Fuck your keto diet if you don't want me to eat broccoli. Shit is filling as fuck and probably the only reason my diets are working

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 14K)

t.vegan

You're exercising right? If not, then you're missing half the equation.

>broccoli is too many carbs
truly delusional

you probably can eat 500g broccoli in one sitting without getting kicked out of ketosis.

The keto subreddit is pure shit and non-backed bro science.
Keto (or high carb low fat) on the other hand isn't.
from my 40kg I lost 30 kg were from keto and the rest from fasting I did later.

>no snoring after 2 weeks, never came back
>no headache in 2 years which I used to get every week at least once
>no skin problems anymore
>no "low blood sugar" feeling anymore
>I used to get a cold every month back then, only had a small one in 2 years.
>brain fog is gone
>sleep better and no problem to stay awake in the day
>teeth got better
>family has a history of heart problems, my cardiologist told me I improved my heart so good that I don't have to worry in the next 40 years.
>last binge eat was 1 year ago
>doc told me blood test were all fine and so much better than those a few years ago

meh

probably close to 99% of people give up keto diets. it's too unnatural and too unhealthy. you clearly have lost some waterweight and cured severe sleep apnea. weight loss success better be measured by 5 year at minimum. most of these keto, dr. atkins himself died of a heart attack / have a stroke sooner or later. good luck, you will need it

Attached: Aliens+Resurrection+Premiere+cvSY9XX20mGl.jpg (418x594, 47K)

Like I posted earlier, I eat four cups of brocoli a night and piss my stones just fine. Those people are retarded. Plus you need fiber if you are going to do this believe me.

unnatural
ishigidigy.
this is the easiest and craving free I've ever been.
not that user btw, I was only ever like 5-6kg overweight and so many health issues have been resolved. And yes I have tried a vegan diet for over a year with no gluten no sugars and I was miserable. Even my c reactive protein is better on keto. I do eat nonketo from time to time just to include some fruits and such but most of the time I'm in keto, and it did wonders for me healthwise, not even fat loss related

Correct me if I'm wrong, but keto is conceived for dyels that need cut at 1500 calories or less?

Because I've tried it at 2500 calories, and getting the proper ratios to not break ketosis via carbs or glucogenesis basically guaranteed me constant diarrhea.

Holy fuck am I being baited? Are you trolling me because it’s fucking working.

Nobody listen to this retard.

Korean BBQ is the ultimate keto food

>fatty meat
>mushrooms
>onions
>leafy greens
>garlic
>served with a side of oil and salt to dip meat in

Attached: 20160613_1048104.jpg (800x533, 87K)

What vegetables are you eating

A mix.
Broccoli, garlic, onion, kale, spinach, peppers, avocado.

And I also mix the fats, olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, butter from grass fed cows, nothing hydrogenated.

wtf how are you this dumb milk has sodium and potassium ad cholesterol wtf all those will fill you up to the brim

total cholesterol, under 40yo if close to 300 (common in keto people and just typical meat dairy western diet) means you already have 90% of chance of severly clogged arteries. 50% or more clogged.

Attached: winona.jpg (2000x1126, 180K)