What is the most Jow Forums career?

Daniel Richardson
Daniel Richardson

My money is on male psychiatric nurse...

Attached: male-nurse.jpg (155 KB, 724x483)

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

Ortho surgeon

Carson Cruz
Carson Cruz

Psych nurses start at $30/hr plus differential in my neighborhood where a house is less than 300k. Give me one reason not to be one?

Joshua Morgan
Joshua Morgan

whatever ricardo milos does

Tyler Ramirez
Tyler Ramirez

You'd be a male nurse

Owen Sanchez
Owen Sanchez

You'd have to tell your parents you're gay.

Logan Scott
Logan Scott

Redpill me on why being a male nurse is bad. I don’t understand. You could either go full legume lad working in IT, or full blown redneck wage cuck working blue collar. What’s bad about being a male nurse?

Adam Gomez
Adam Gomez

Seconded. You literally have to be stronger than Chad while being smarter than Virgin to even be in the running.

Attached: 1538216493982.jpg (57 KB, 592x635)

Owen Rivera
Owen Rivera

Its not. Actually its the solution to the white races problems. You see when women make more than men, marriages stop happening. The reason rural areas are broken with drugs and declining birth rates is because in these areas, the only real employers are hospitals and schools, staffed by nurses and teachers. Men don't go into these careers, and so homes there are broken or nonexistent because women are the breadwinners.

The solution is for men to be nurses (teachers make dick). This leads to higher male salaries, more marriages, and higher birth rates. The anti male nurse propaganda is actually anti white propaganda.

Attached: 226-Kotora.png (286 KB, 600x600)

Ethan Evans
Ethan Evans

just wage slave at a cozy,easy office job in IT or something, then spend your free time working out and doing whatever hobbies you like

Jason Jackson
Jason Jackson

Nothing. More than half the male nurses I've met are total Chads. Nursing is a fucking great profession that pays well and is fun and interesting as shit and nurses are in incredibly high demand and will remain so as long as you keep up with the increasing education level requirements.

t. student nurse

Camden Lopez
Camden Lopez

urologist (male)

Joseph Bennett
Joseph Bennett

career
kek, having a job is pleb tier at best. Real men do the big dirty with Julian, Ricky and Bubs then retire

Attached: the-boys.jpg (139 KB, 1024x683)

Camden Edwards
Camden Edwards

nurses are in incredibly high demand
Not really. The job market for nurses is shit and most of students have to move to bumfuck towns to land any kind of opening. The market is over saturated and competitive as fuck

John Sanders
John Sanders

This is a lie. Every legit source indicates the exact opposite. Plus I am one. The demand is insane you retard

Charles Wright
Charles Wright

if you google it, you'll see that I'm not full of shit. Plus, your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean that the market isn't oversaturated

Christopher Bennett
Christopher Bennett

wtf gay ass thread is this. I thought it would be about manual labour jobs
I worked a couple of years as a mailman. Good Jow Forums job. Got the cardio in and was short hours so plenty of time for the gym.

Jaxson Butler
Jaxson Butler

Goddamn it, I always thought Julian was builtfat. Now she’s just fat

William Peterson
William Peterson

Professional athlete

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

What I have to do to get a job like that?

Chase Richardson
Chase Richardson

male psychiatric nurse
Imagine the crazy women who try to fuck you when you take their blood pressure

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Question about psychiatric nurse. Do psychiatric nurses have to put needles in people? Take blood, administer IVs, etc.? Because I have a crippling phobia of needles, I have a seizure every time I get my blood drawn. This is whats stopping me from being a regular nurse.

Attached: IMG-20181116-145103.jpg (1.71 MB, 1944x2592)

Robert Adams
Robert Adams

If you believe the race war is coming, then you know it's going to be useful sometime. You don't have to be a doctor to patch a bullet hole.
Part of the reason I stuck with nursing.

Attached: strong.jpg (54 KB, 750x596)

Aaron Ortiz
Aaron Ortiz

Not usually, but it can be unit/hospital specific. If you're EXTRMELY squeamish about it that could be a problem.

You give lots of IM injections though...

Jace Hughes
Jace Hughes

BLS.gov says you're wrong

Colton King
Colton King

Fire fighter, because you have to be physically fit for the damn job
Any type of special military job
actor

Jacob Thompson
Jacob Thompson

Are you the same faggot from yesterday talking about becoming a male stripper?

Cameron Cruz
Cameron Cruz

Only faggots are male nurses. It's like wanting to be a male flight attendant.

Bentley Bennett
Bentley Bennett

Usually IM medications are given to noncompliant patients who have been riesed. Refusing to do injections is gonna make you look really bad during clinicals but if you somehow make it through you might still be able to work as a nurse.

Gavin Rodriguez
Gavin Rodriguez

Have fun competing with poo in loos and filipino ladies

Evan Allen
Evan Allen

If you're a male, charismatic and not retarded, you BTFO pretty much everyone else as a prospective nurse.

Chase Roberts
Chase Roberts

ITT
Deluded nurses

Emergency nurse here.
Actually help people in life threatening situations.
Been involved in more resucitations + trauma cases than I can count.

Did a month in psych and wanted to kms after hearing the depressing / psychotic / manipulitive bullshit mental health patients spout

Isaac Walker
Isaac Walker

There's exactly this shill every week I swear lol. Why are you making this same thread?

Looks pretty decent though, do it if it's for you. There's certainly more Jow Forums careers but as long as you don't work in a ward you'll certainly see and hear some shit, and have plenty of variety. More talking and listening rather than wiping asses.
If you want to do it well, then get good at actually doing the job - getting the patients to do what you need them to, and being good at talking to them. Depends on the role, but apparently a big problem with newer psych nurses/training systems is it's too easy to just write a note saying a patient refused to do something, rather than making them actually do it (manipulation or w/e, they're mad it's ok) when you're meant to be patient-focused.

Asher Barnes
Asher Barnes

Unironically fucking kill yourself.

Ayden Lopez
Ayden Lopez

Mech eng sounds cool. Should I?

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

crack nigger heads open
beat the shit out of hippies and commies
respected exclusively by conservative whites and white children

Attached: DC9A115D-6B51-4447-9A0C-6BE298AF9CA1.jpg (68 KB, 802x640)

Jaxon Edwards
Jaxon Edwards

99% of being a cop is getting yelled at by niggers though.

Jeremiah Wright
Jeremiah Wright

The trend is moving away from ever compelling patients to do anything ever. From showering to going to bed. Its not newer nurses but new regulations and liberal bullshit

Hunter Collins
Hunter Collins

Your job is gay and so are you.

PS from a cop

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

Nah, 33% is niggers yelling at you, 33% are white liberal women saying “do you know who I am?” During a traffic stop, and 33% is filling out paper work after you arrested a crackhead high out of his mind in a public park 1% is getting paid overtime for watching over some useless protest from a bunch of cat ladies and boomers who don’t give you trouble

Liam Cruz
Liam Cruz

imagine being so autistic you can't understand why being a murse is death sentence

Aaron Hernandez
Aaron Hernandez

Wtf is that?? Is that an actual nursing specialty?

Jackson Bennett
Jackson Bennett

Have you never seen things like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? It's hard to think of a speciality more ingrained in the public consciousness besides ER nursing...

Jonathan Williams
Jonathan Williams

Idk where your a cop at because i get none of this. SOFLO cop. Get drugs, guns, fights, chases every night

Zachary Hall
Zachary Hall

I climb tall as towers

Attached: 9444ABE9-65D6-4EBD-A17E-17AD96EA1BB0.jpg (718 KB, 750x748)

Asher Martin
Asher Martin

fpbp

a murse will be mogged the second a doctor walks in

Elijah Stewart
Elijah Stewart

Northern Utah, virtually all white city, very little violent crime, mainly drugs being intercepted on the highways coming up from Nevada and New Mexico

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

This guy needs to shave

Luis Morris
Luis Morris

hands started sweating just looking at that.
God speed and thank you for your service.

Caleb Fisher
Caleb Fisher

Seniorcare, its like working with kids except the residents think just about anything you do is superhuman in nature. Also its pretty funny, they say off color shit all the time and get away with it because its cute

OK Mrs. Canella, time to take you to the massage therapist
Says to the entire table "I'd like YOU to give me a massage"

Joseph Jackson
Joseph Jackson

It’s a cool job, climbing keeps me from being a total fatass

Camden Green
Camden Green

How often do people die in your job?

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

Redpill me on why being a male nurse is bad
It's not but being a nurse in an acute setting can be awful
Patients can be cunts
Literally everything you do and write can be called to stand in a court case
Constant increase in paper work introduced by people who haven't worked in an acute setting in decades if ever as a way of reducing what are serious events (sepsis/falls etc)
Management under pressure from government to keep the emergency wait times and theater times low while the population increases greater than budget/innovation can keep up

Jacob Wood
Jacob Wood

You need to cover your ass as a male psych nurse. You will come across a lot of people with personality disorders who will use their (often female) victim status to acuse you of misconduct. You don't go into a room with a client without backup and whatever fitness you will get doing restraints will be offset by the amount of sitting down for the paperwork after.

Consider being a male nurse on a stroke ward. Lots of manual handling of quadriplegics or catatonics. Mental health nurses suffer more than any other area from burnout, depression, etc.

t. Male neuro nurse with some psych nursing experience.

Caleb Cooper
Caleb Cooper

Ironworker.

Packing rebar all day, climbing stories high.

Dylan Cook
Dylan Cook

Top kek, are you trying to make me change my career?

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

For a good stretch it was #1 in deaths per capita when the iPhone came out. Once apple debuted the iPhone there was an immediate demand for data that the networks could not provide so any asshole willing to climb was given a job, but not properly trained. To answer your question we are a small industry (less than 10k climbers in North America) so when telecom was #1 in deaths per capita we were losing 30 something guys per year.

Austin Bailey
Austin Bailey

REKT

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

So on the flipside, how many damaged qts can I fuck?

Michael Long
Michael Long

I’m a professional metro bus operator. I deal with the worst of the worst. It’s fun though I’m not going to bs. Kids think you’re some kind of authority figure and when you go through a shot neighborhood and all the ghetto goonies start waving and shit, gives me weird feels.

The fare is a dollar twenty five and this one lady pays one twenty . She slides In the dollar and then drops a dime and two nickels. She drops the last nickel from high up and gets sassy every time I say it’s one twenty five. Fucking bullshit.

Isaac Gonzalez
Isaac Gonzalez

It's gay because you might not get a DVT, bad posture and obesity like in Tech jobs.

Gabriel Gutierrez
Gabriel Gutierrez

Based elder care bro. I'm and I still do in-home care for a 95 year old dude for the last four years after doing memory care for three years before that. You should look into nursing, man.

Ayden Wright
Ayden Wright

How do you decide between ED and something like ICU for acute care? I'm finishing my 2nd year, but I have a previous B.A. and EMS experience, but I'm torn between the chaos vs. autism.

David Butler
David Butler

The niggers yelling at you can be infuriating, the very few times when you’re struggling to arrest some drunk or coked up nigger on the ground who has his hands under him, where he may have a knife or razor you’ll have other nigs chimping out around you yelling “at yo you aint gots da be so rough nigga, datz brutality” because apparently “let me see your hands” or “hands on your back!” is too much for 80 IQ to understand

Parker Anderson
Parker Anderson

anyone here a physical therapist? hoping to go that route. currently doing undergrad and internship/volunteer hours.

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

pretty based thread guys

Jordan Torres
Jordan Torres

Care to elaborate?

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

Fuck off tard wrestler

Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller

All the qts you want but you won't have a job for very long.

Lincoln Foster
Lincoln Foster

I'm guessing he's talking about getting acused of rape by crazy female patients. They're warning us about that in school.

Carson Robinson
Carson Robinson

Hahaha you are totally fucked if you actually go through with it. You will absolutely lose your licence to practice, probably on the first go.

Better off using your mental health skills to seek out prey outside of work. People aren't shit when you've worked in that field. You will probably end up sending your love affairs to the psych ward as patients because it will make you so based and jaded.

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

you dont have to be fit to fucking sit around a fire station eating pizza

Hudson Clark
Hudson Clark

I worked with a tech company like that. Spent all day every day proof reading soundbites for Siri- by the way everything you say to or around that god awful machine is being recorded.

It sucks ass. Unless you like working at a computer for 8 hours a day to literally train a computer to take your job, while having maybe 15 minutes of social interaction a day with obese castrated co-workers find a real job.

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

Not to mention that psych patients don't exactly make the best decisions and like 50% have HIV and Hep C

Hunter Ortiz
Hunter Ortiz

not working in a bumfuck town

Have fun being a citycuck.

Is the real answer. Get some blue color job like carpentry or electrician, or get a nursing/teaching/emt cert. Then start paying off a chunk of farm land out in the country. Make some friends, grow some drugs, sell in bulk, and let the money build up.

Grayson Hill
Grayson Hill

Not this murse faggot again

Robert Scott
Robert Scott

Nursing is a decent career as you can always find a job and live comfortably.

Nurses however do the “grunt work” in a hospital. E.g sponge bathing the 85 year old Alzheimer’s patient, wiping ass, turning fatties so they don’t get bed sores, cleaning out infected wounds etc.

Not for the faint of heart

Connor Smith
Connor Smith

I'm study geology, and while it's super nerd stuff, it also seems like a position with maximum fitness potential.
Go on trips to the field weeks at a time
Pay is 60k-100k yearly
Hands get rough from handling rocks all day

Mason Baker
Mason Baker

field for weeks at a time

Take it from a grunt going to the field is the biggest gains goblin out there

Jace Cooper
Jace Cooper

I understand this. But depending on your lifestyle outside of work, say in old age, when you might not lift often, it could be a Godsend.

Robert Lee
Robert Lee

Not my wheelhouse I'm afraid. I could always go back to school I suppose but I got a borderline meme degree, but have been in Seniorcare for three years. I'm still young, 23, but I can see 30 and am trying to figure out what to do. I'll check out the nursing thing, have to take a class to get my admin certs anyway, so who knows?

Gavin Martin
Gavin Martin

What's a real job?

Owen Cooper
Owen Cooper

i was in a psych ward for a couple weeks. the patients there would routinely bully the nurses, one of them was even raped by a couple bigger patients. it was sad but the place was set up so the nurs actually was fired for letting it happen

Samuel Gonzalez
Samuel Gonzalez

what the fuck

Attached: 1253896282824.jpg (3 KB, 126x121)

Easton Ortiz
Easton Ortiz

What is wildland firefighter. Fucking idiot

Attached: 95344e3.jpg (62 KB, 638x1000)

Henry Morris
Henry Morris

lol the most Jow Forums careers are low paying manual labor grunt work (usually)
there are some decent paying manual labor jobs out there though

Brayden Phillips
Brayden Phillips

it was a female nurse right??
also wtf, how did this happen user? that's wild

John Collins
John Collins

nah im jk lmao. the staff and patients were usually pretty nice to each other, i made that rape/bullying part up

Elijah Peterson
Elijah Peterson

is a cs degree Jow Forums ? i always feel a bit shame when ppl ask me what my major is and i say cs.
do people think of me as a nerd? also what do girls think of it?

inb4 being Jow Forums for girls XD

Landon Long
Landon Long

Lawyer. Being a zealous advocate for your client with a long-term view of how different situations will affect them requires balls and brains.

Attached: download.jpg (4 KB, 160x160)

Adrian Nguyen
Adrian Nguyen

chaos
That's how I've heard ED described. I figure if you are able to think on your feet and deal with all sorts of situations ED will be your jam.
Nothing stopping you from starting on a ward, learning the basics and moving onto ED.

Noah Barnes
Noah Barnes

Working in EMS before, I liked having only one patient at a time which sort of pulls me to something like ICU. However, I also enjoyed having a variety of acute patients which makes ED seem to be more entertaining.

I feel like ICU could be a pain in the ass since even with only a patient or two they will probably be on a dozen different meds, vents, and lines.

Tyler Bailey
Tyler Bailey

Same bro. Is fucking based.

Thanks to h&s laws here in the UK its almost zero. As long as you follow safety procedures and don't be a tool, you'll be fine. The problems arise when migrant workers are used as they have a smaller brain than UK nationals so they take more stupid risks. I'm not sure we even count them in the statistics though.

The best pay is on the oil rigs.

Angel Wright
Angel Wright

The male nurses on my psych ward are 50% obese and 75% flaming cockgobblers ... so yeah pretty Jow Forums

Brayden Lopez
Brayden Lopez

What is your job on the psych ward?

Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright

I've never worked in ICU but
probably be on a dozen different meds, vents, and lines.
and could be there for sometime depending on what happened.
I imagine it's quite mentally draining seeing patients stay in ICU for weeks/months, go to a ward, drop their shit and have to go back to ICU then back to the ward. Only for them to die in 3 months because the family wants the doc's to keep them alive (or the docs want to keep them alive for !!SCIENCE!!)

Alexander Taylor
Alexander Taylor

These threads unironically got me to reconsider being a GP lmao

Connor Wright
Connor Wright

That's unprofessional as fuck my man. what's your badge number

Hudson Wood
Hudson Wood

ICU. I see you. Fuck, all I got was a free churro

Andrew Cox
Andrew Cox

wish i didnr have essential tremor. I wanted to be a surgeon since the age of 6

Fuck existence

Thomas Sanders
Thomas Sanders

Making up online personas as a form of escapism for their sorry lives

Juan Walker
Juan Walker

Field work hinders gains cuz theres no gym in bumfuck nowhere, food is shit and u sleep too little.

Quads gains tho

Noah Long
Noah Long

I'm a psychiatrist, but I never have to tackle pasients because all the male psychiatric nurses do that (females too).
Male nurses have a tendency to end up in the emergency room, intensive unit, emergency medical services, and psychiatry.

Asher Morgan
Asher Morgan

You literally cannot mog a male nurse. He goes home to his family and leisure time to lift at the end of his shift with days off, while a ortho surgeon doctor is stuck in the hospital 80-100 hours a week losing gains and no family lol

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

Eh it really depends on what your calling is I guess?

I cant stand looking after one patient for days / months on end, where you do hourly measurements of urine etc.

I like emergency because every day + everyone is different, you see them for 3-4 hours and they're gone.

I also enjoy being the forefront of the hospital and providing that initial health assessment and care

Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith

CEO

Attached: 1533082284970.jpg (109 KB, 1867x1080)

Christian Walker
Christian Walker

Physical trainer.

Owen Perry
Owen Perry

My brothers. NJ here. We get some trash coming out of Camden and Atlantic City but the majority of what I deal with in my area is domestic violence and heroin.

Camden Hill
Camden Hill

Law.

Josiah Diaz
Josiah Diaz

You WANT to be a psyche nurse? Nothing wrong with being a nurse, but psyche sucks. I worked 2 years in a psyche unit in northeast Florida. The whole hospital, healthcare, and especially psyche system is flawed. A lot of people that need help don't get it, a ton of hospitals are overrun with homeless people taking advantage of the system. They walk into the ER and say "I want to kill myself" and they get put under a Baker Act. It's a 72hr involuntary psychiatric evaluation. But for the rude, piss and shit smelling, lice and scabies carrying, homeless junkies it's basically a 3 day stay at a hotel for them. They don't want to go to a shelter and follow rules, they go to the hospital to make demands, curse at and threaten the staff if they don't get their way, and just be shit stains of society. They will never be compliant with meds, with rehab, or be happy with all the government hands outs they get. In all honesty, I'd purge the earth of them. Not even trying to be edgy. Do you want to go to school for 4 years just to have piss thrown at you by a hobo because he demanded chicken tenders for lunch instead of a hamburger? Or are you cool with trying to wrestle and restrain a patient to a bed while he's covered in his own shit?

I no longer work psyche, I'm in the ER as a trauma nurse. You'll never get completely away from the addicts and homeless working in the medical field, but psyche is where they flock to. Not trying to scare you off, but that shit is taxing mentally. And not ALL psyche patients are like that. Some are normal people that are just having the worst day of their life when they come in. And they get help, and they stay better. But sometimes you look around the unit and it's just a homeless shelter. But I'm definitely a better nurse because of psyche. You develop a thick skin pretty quick and you know how to de-escalate a situation without having to go hands on.

Attached: 1540772725626.jpg (24 KB, 500x333)

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

just applied.. hopefully starting next september

Julian Turner
Julian Turner

Is it a good idea to get a gf from a coworker or should I be locking one down while I study to be a nurse

Mason Howard
Mason Howard

You can't be a nurse without having the ability to do IVs and administer IV medications. It's part of the required curriculum for school, and nobody would hire you if you're unwilling to do it.

Gabriel Butler
Gabriel Butler

Lumberjack

Attached: alphajob.jpg (11 KB, 190x266)

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

Im an architect and build and sell custom motorcycles on the side. How did I do fit?

Julian Clark
Julian Clark

How did you guys figure out what you wanted to do with your life? I graduated high school a year early and went straight into college. I was there for a whole year and I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I switched majors like 3 times and I was still miserable. I finally dropped after my first year. I'm 26 now and I just want things to change. I've been working shitty jobs for a long time now and I'm just tired of it. I want to go back to school, but I'm not sure what to go for.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHH.png (446 KB, 799x786)

Lucas Murphy
Lucas Murphy

Eh, get old enough to realize what you absolutely don't want to do by getting life experience. Most of my "dreams" that I have achieved haven't been what I envisioned. Same goes with meeting people. Nothing is what you think it is and you have to try to know that. Just keep trying shit, meeting new people, etc. It's hard to be patient but if you never complete anything you're fucked.

Cameron Foster
Cameron Foster

Working as SWAT is probably the most Jow Forums career (detectives are usually in pretty good shape because they're allowed to workout if their docket is clear) but being any kind of cop gets you that cop groupie pussy... almost as much as being a doctor without having to work 80-100 hours a week (unless you want to). And if you work in a conservative area, most people treat you really well.

Nathaniel Mitchell
Nathaniel Mitchell

I'm a tech journalist. Work from home, flexible hours, pays around $42K

I use the spare time I have to lift and work on other business ventures to bring in a second source of income. Working on a fitness clothing line right now

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

ICU murse here

I chose ICU because most of the assholes are intubated and sedated by the time they get to me.

Noah Evans
Noah Evans

Nurses do that stuff a bit, but that's really the job of a CNA

Sebastian Hughes
Sebastian Hughes

I'm looking forward to being a buff doctor

David Lewis
David Lewis

That's how it is here. Nurses are way too busy for grunt work. I'd rather do my boring job than live with the stress of a nurse desu

Henry Adams
Henry Adams

any people in their mid 20s in nursing school atm?

i went back to school for it at 25

Dominic Lopez
Dominic Lopez

Same question but for med school. Research isn't for me and want to take a postbacc

Jackson Peterson
Jackson Peterson

NEET

wake up at noon
lift
eat
jerk off
eat
shit post
eat
smoke weed
eat
sleep

Attached: rick.jpg (82 KB, 612x846)

Tyler Butler
Tyler Butler

i fucking hate apple

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

cringe tattoo

Attached: yuck.jpg (118 KB, 640x960)

Brody King
Brody King

Do you have CNAs/PCTs for pt. care or does everything have to be done by the RN for hygiene in ICU?

Nathan Thomas
Nathan Thomas

God dam samsquautch

Anthony Baker
Anthony Baker

Early 30s with a B.A. doing a BSN. I was a fuck up when I was younger, but now I have 3.95 for my last 40 credits. Maturity helps a great deal.

I've been debating long-term NP vs. MD. 4 years part-time online for a DNP vs. 7 years full-time with 60-80 hour weeks. Even after training, I think the average physician works something around 56 hours per week. I mean yeah you get money and respect, but your career would be your life.

Logan Long
Logan Long

26 here

now or never, don't ever want to be a wagecuckie again, I HAVE to get into nursing

Attached: 1543396202413.png (22 KB, 916x689)

Andrew Lopez
Andrew Lopez

Lol it’s just like any other stemcel job. Just cause it has the word mechanical in it doesn’t mean it’s going to be chad work. Just means you’re gonna be betabux for some used up whore when you start making money.

Nathan Murphy
Nathan Murphy

We split the dirty work. I work in a fairly small hospital so there's usually just one CNA in the ICU.

Honestly, after you've cleaned up shit like twice it doesn't really bother you any more.

Juan Bennett
Juan Bennett

Buzzfeed söyboy detected

Luis Bailey
Luis Bailey

Another perk of nursing is that I often get hours of downtime during my night shift. I'll literally be researching stocks and trading crypto while everyone else is looking at facebook.

Michael Hall
Michael Hall

Any career that encourages social and physical value:

Sales
Entertainment Industry
Executive
Politics

If you're a desk jockey then you're doing it wrong.

"b-b-but my bank account". It's not about the numbers in your bank account but the amount of people you've impacted.

Brayden Sullivan
Brayden Sullivan

I'm an archaeologist

Jackson Diaz
Jackson Diaz

Being a doctor in Northern Europe is awesome. I just gratuated this year, and i'm living the dream. Here being a doctor doesn't mean that you have zero free time. I work in a private health center and i'm doing work 9:00-15.30 from mon to fri. Pay's more than enough so i don't want to work more, i appreciate my free time more.

Attached: TayTay11.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1200)

Nolan Gray
Nolan Gray

I'm a resident in the US and I fucking hate it. I would seriously consider finding another career after I pay off my debt. The doctor meme in the US is such a bad meme.

Attached: anentiregallonperday.jpg (14 KB, 250x250)

Elijah Myers
Elijah Myers

I dont think youre intelligent enough the appreciste its subtle humour

Jackson Gomez
Jackson Gomez

specialty? UK med student here. Imagine I'd need to have a pretty outstanding grip of the language to head over there?

Jason Bell
Jason Bell

We don't have to go for any specialty unless we want to, we first study for 6 years and we become "general" doctors. After that you have to spend atleast 9 months in health center before you can go for a certain specialty. 35% of doctors here don't specialize, instead they just spend their careers in health centers, private or public.

Tho i've been thinking about rheumatic diseases

Nathan Perry
Nathan Perry

I've read about being a doctor / med student there. It's fucking hell. It's so different than here. You really can't even compare.

Asher Hughes
Asher Hughes

Not him, but you should really stop watching Fox news you bigot.

Kayden Sullivan
Kayden Sullivan

Nice bro, rheum is cool but lack of practical skills for me. Do you make absolutely loads like the US or enough to be relatively rich and comfortable like the UK?

Hudson Miller
Hudson Miller

whoops wrong reply

Connor Mitchell
Connor Mitchell

Enough to be realtively rich and comfortable. I could say that i have no financial problems. But there aren't that many millionaires in welfare countries like finland.

Jackson Martin
Jackson Martin

Quite literally the opposite of BuzzFeed, trust me

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

US? Can't doctors get a lot of vacation time?
DNP
Didn't know there was a doctorate for that. Was thinking about PA too. What do you think of that? Also pharmacist, but that seems boring af

John Sanders
John Sanders

Didn't know there was a doctorate for that. Was thinking about PA too. What do you think of that? Also pharmacist, but that seems boring af

I feel that there is a lot bigger upside for NP than PA. A PA forever will be working under the license of a physician, but as an NP you run under your own nursing license. Half the states have given NPs full practice authority, as has the federal government (VA system), and the rest are falling in place.

PAs have more flexibility as they can work wherever a physician wants, and the MD/DO is responsible for outlining the scope of practice for their PA. NPs have to choose their specialization (e.g. family np, emergency np, psychiatric np, pediatric etc. etc.) since that is what they are board certified in. If you want to change, you have to re-train and re-board certify in a new area.

There are no real doctorate programs for PAs, but NPs are pushing to make doctoral entry level like CRNAs have. Physicians are extraordinarily butthurt over DNPs using the "Dr." title, but any DPT physical therapist, PhD or PsyD psychologist, OD optometrist, yadda, yadda already use it in a clinical setting.

Since I have a background in pre-hospital, my goal is to do a DNP as a Family NP, then do an extra year for the sub-specialty/double board in Emergency.

Wyatt Russell
Wyatt Russell

Thanks for the info man. CRNA sounds pretty comfy too. I wanted to make a lasting impact with research, but there are so many jaded people in PhD programs that I'm feeling it's not worth it when some of the research seems unimportant right now, and I think I just find doing it boring.
But thanks man, might jump ship before I officially start my PhD or just masters out. Wish I was more open to careers when younger. Good luck bruh

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

i haven't seen that photo in fucking years you just made me lose it

Attached: 1543350224562.jpg (12 KB, 204x202)

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

Not a career but a side job, I do rigging for concerts and shit. If you want to make a career of it you have to be willing to drive all over the fucking place because its based on where events are happening, but the work itself is pretty Jow Forums. Depending on the venue there can be a lot of climbing and during load ins at the local venue I have to pull ~80 feet of chain plus the steel to hang it plus the weight of the rope. By the time you get it all up the air thats ~50 pounds. I'm certainly not ripped but its good enough exercise.

Anthony Lopez
Anthony Lopez

Gigolo?

Adam Adams
Adam Adams

Are you anywhere where it gets particularly cold/snowy during the winter? I've always wondered if you guys climb in that shit and how you do it. It seems like wearing gloves thick enough to keep your hands warm would make it impossible to do any work.

Elijah Wright
Elijah Wright

Nurses are literally the maids of the hospital

Doctor/Doctorine walks into the room
y-yes doctor, w-whatever you say, w-wer'e friends right d-doc?

Attached: todd5.jpg (17 KB, 210x210)

Levi Williams
Levi Williams

olympic weightlifter
worlds strongest man
bodybuilder
you get the idea

Gabriel Howard
Gabriel Howard

Found that fat shit who failed recruitment multiple times

Jason Torres
Jason Torres

basically this, now don't get any ideas of being a male nurse I don't need the competition

Ethan Baker
Ethan Baker

the most Jow Forums career
Commando

Attached: 1538118266735.jpg (202 KB, 793x1063)

Evan Smith
Evan Smith

wow bro thanks for ruining my no wanking streak baka

Samuel Lewis
Samuel Lewis

mental health nurse
lose all your clinical abilities
zero assessment skills
most of your time is spent hanging out in the nurses station

vs ICU Bro Nurse
chad as fuck
know your pharm and patho inside out
literally can manage a patient seconds away from death without blinking
pressors and electrolytes aint no big thing
docs actually trust what you're saying, ward cucks shiver at the sight of you

Josiah Murphy
Josiah Murphy

firefighter obviously. You literally have a gym in your station.

Attached: 1544104961171.jpg (39 KB, 480x360)

Leo Hill
Leo Hill

Redoing college, headed down that path myself myself. Best of luck mate.

Nathaniel Thompson
Nathaniel Thompson

This
Said the murse student, 1 year left from graduation

Chase Russell
Chase Russell

I am a per diem travel nurse and have done some psych work in both general and acute psych, and i cannot say I agree with you. The nurses there are usually basedboys. I have seen more fit nurses in ortho than in psych tbqh

Josiah Walker
Josiah Walker

It's not actual bad, just dudes here projecting their weakness on a "female" profession. Nursing school is free pussy desu. Loads of moms trying a second career, and college chicks horny from studying. Also women are always around you at work. If you are a fit nursing student, you pretty much won the lottery

Justin Garcia
Justin Garcia

A workplace with mostly females is hell. Theres no creature one Gods green earth thats pettier and more spiteful.

Matthew Stewart
Matthew Stewart

25 here.

I started studying nursing when I was 19, dropped out due to a spinal operation gone bad, bummed around for a while started nursing again from square one at 24.

One more year to go, brother. Hoping to go into Emergency.

David Foster
David Foster

Police officer

Attached: 1386877521967.jpg (104 KB, 640x640)

Benjamin Adams
Benjamin Adams

Military Officer; air force preferably.
Basic is long and tough, 3 months but after words it's pretty chill and plenty of time for gym.
You lose gains on basic, no sleep and lots of cardio.

Caleb Rogers
Caleb Rogers

oh look this meme again
My money is on the meme again

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

based

Isaiah Sanders
Isaiah Sanders

police, military or other security work

Michael Long
Michael Long

Can you, or someone else, explain? I've heard the hours are shit but surely the starting 6 figures makes up for it, right?

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

Because 300-pound retards will projectile shit on you on your first day.

Aaron Stewart
Aaron Stewart

Yeah that's 2% of the time. Most patients have nothing but complaints about how they think you're not getting them better while they ignore 90% of your medical advice

If you're ugly, even being surrounded by women will be stressful.

Bentley Ross
Bentley Ross

I work in a warehouse with a small amount of lads and it's exactly like this, but I think it's because it's a slow job mostly sitting around so people find things to moan about to make it interesting. I'd love to see female faces from time to time at work, but there's only the occasional tranny HGV driver that comes in.

Easton Rogers
Easton Rogers

Nurse is like conceding to the superior doctor. Its pure beta alpha dynamic

Anthony Reed
Anthony Reed

All these people wanted to be doctors but didnt make the cut. Cope with being any other health care job.

Chad doctor makes you do all his smut work and goes home with his £500K salary

Liam Gonzalez
Liam Gonzalez

I don't think you're intelligent enough to live. You should die and it should be quick.

Jaxon Evans
Jaxon Evans

We aren't all vollies from middle of nowhere, major urban city fireman here, it's a lot of work and while yeah there are plenty of fat fucks on the job anyone worth a shit is in great shape. We run 2-4 fires most days and around 8-10 medicals, usually a few car accidents too. I've had as many as 27 runs in a 24 hour shift, the fat fucks general choose to run at slower houses.

Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee

doctors work an average of 59.6 hours/week.

59.6 hours/week

Full-time RNs take home $75k+ and work 3 12 hour shifts a week.

Gavin Williams
Gavin Williams

I work 2 24 hour shifts a week on average, sometimes 3 sometime sometimes only 1 as a fireman, pay isn't amazing but it's not bad, and the time off is amazing, I have tons of time with my kids, time for the gym, I couldn't do anything else

Bentley Nelson
Bentley Nelson

Attached: 1535696260843.png (631 KB, 720x895)

Isaac Barnes
Isaac Barnes

theyre putting in a healthy shift. Nurse is a female job

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

Working in a high school (ages 15-18)
I'm the most fit person in the entire building but it just gives me stress from the forbidden mires

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit