Search youtube for a guide w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Light desktop use / if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for games
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: enthusiasts.png (1024x576, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/TNZBWD
tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-optix-mpg27cq-gaming-monitor,5733-5.html
walmart.com/ip/MSI-Optix-MAG-OPTIXMAG241C-23-6-LED-LCD-Monitor/701229471
youtube.com/watch?v=PTni-Vfrf9c
youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZFw3ukFYY
pcpartpicker.com/list/LmMGNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qMh5_l3aZMc
youtube.com/watch?v=rlU-OY7hK_g
pcpartpicker.com/list/pDHfCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/cYFJGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/bdmfCb
superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-200KKN1&c=CJ&cjevent=1710e87eefb011e8821b057a0a24060d#
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811139043
amazon.com/Thermaltake-Versa-Computer-Chassis-CA-1D4-00S1NN-00/dp/B01CLIZ698
pcpartpicker.com/list/C6CpMZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's a good deal less spam on Jow Forums since the move. I'm sure it'll pick back up.

>order $900 worth of components today
>nice midrange build that can run Battlefield on high settings @ 1080
>all done, whew
>start thinking back to when I was playing a lot of Battlefield a few years ago
>remember how pathetic and unproductive I was
>remember that video games are just an utter waste of time, a totally unproductive solitary pursuit
>remember that I'm 27 and thus too old for video games
I think this is it
I think this is the end
I may cancel all of the things I ordered tonight

Attached: nod.gif (186x190, 3.02M)

Bumping this q

Reminder that 16gb ram is bare minimum for gaming.

no

All we need's another high profile CEO forced redundancy or a botched launch of an anticipated product.

Fuck my build list was around $1400 last month. Now its more than $1500

Ill play BF wiv u

Just wait until release and evaluate options then? Or does the cooler suck

>Ill play BF wiv u
Is it any good? I was really disappointed with 4 and 1 but V looks like a lot of fun

>pcpartpicker.com/list/TNZBWD
>How is this for a gaming/streaming setup?
Would generally not recommend the 1000 series for gaming. 2000 series is so much better there.
Maybe try and get the Microcenter $250 2700X pricematched instead?
That RX580 is expensive as fuck, on top of not including the games. For $30 more you could get an RX590, but isn't the RX580 + games still $210?
PSU is oversized. You can save $20 getting 550W.
Why that board?

It's not the worst build, but it could be improved significantly.

I'm not sure that any Corsair AIO is good, is it? Have you looked at reviews?

kek. Yeah that'll get Jow Forums flooded again.

gypsy proximity europoor here , did i do good ? b450 tomahawk is out of stock on all e-tailers

Attached: eikhq3hqio.png (967x512, 85K)

>2000 much better
retarded or?

I may have goofed, sent friend a link to this 1080p, 144hz panel but he's only got an RX 580. It was $180 total, did he waste money? Should I suggest that he return it and get a cheaper 75hz monitor?

It's a curved 144hz VA panel with really good response time (apparently): tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-optix-mpg27cq-gaming-monitor,5733-5.html

walmart.com/ip/MSI-Optix-MAG-OPTIXMAG241C-23-6-LED-LCD-Monitor/701229471

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 12.58.40 AM.png (2596x978, 604K)

I did it. Pray for me.

Attached: Untitled.png (954x352, 64K)

>I'm not sure that any Corsair AIO is good, is it? Have you looked at reviews?
Impressions seemed pretty positive from what I saw. Are there other 360mm radiator aios I should be looking at for comparison?

Bumping this qns

He'll never hit 144fps with most games but he should be more than capable of getting over 60fps in most games. It won't be a complete waste and he can future proof a bit with that monitor. The next step up from a 580 will be able to take more advantage of a 144hz monitor.

It's fine, user.

looking at B450 mobo's for a 2600x
Is there anything wrong with getting mATX?

Looks like most of newegg's inventory has been cleaned out and Amazon's prices cost more. Fuck

>lowers the setting to low
>+100fps
pshh nothing personel consumer whore

>He'll never hit 144fps with most games but he should be more than capable of getting over 60fps in most games. It won't be a complete waste and he can future proof a bit with that monitor. The next step up from a 580 will be able to take more advantage of a 144hz monitor.
Yes but there are plenty of simpler 75hz panels, I was just overthinking it since so many of them have mediocre reviews, but it was $80 for one smaller one (21") which would have done him fine probably

Will it actually look better when he gets ~90 FPS in some places? like in Overwatch?

youtube.com/watch?v=PTni-Vfrf9c

wallmart ships a pc with great wall psu.
lol bomb.

>share to facebook
>tfw I can imagine doing that
>responses would be like "wtf you spent $900 on a computer part but you won't spend more than $30 for my christmas present?!"
>"Son, you need to get your life together and stop spending money on such useless shit"
>"wow, buy me something too bro xD"

No other than less ports and smaller size.

I have a small case for ease of travel so to me it's not a big deal.

Bumping my question, anyone got answer?

[spoiler]Also how do I update 4chanx for 4channel[/spoiler]

If he has no plans of replacing that GPU any time soon then just have him return it and get a 75hz monitor. If he'll replace that GPU then he'd want to replace a 75hz monitor as well. In either scenario he has the potential to waste ~$100.

>Will it actually look better when he gets ~90 FPS in some places? like in Overwatch?
Yes it'll look better because the monitor is updating the image ~15 frames quicker than a 75hz monitor. Whether the human eye can perceive that difference is a question I can't answer.

I was thinking about it some time ago. I spent like 1000$ every 5-6 years on a pc and everyone acts like I'm some rich 1% and crazy to spend so much on a pc, but they go and buy new iphones every year or two which are more expensive than my pc.

?
10-15% fps increase in most cases when not GPU bottlenecked is really significant considering that the 1800X was single digit percentage behind the 7700k.
youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZFw3ukFYY

Blowers can run hot and you might want to cooler mod. It depends. The decent AIB cards generally aren't going to go much over 70C.
I use my Red Dragon Vega56 at 2560x1600@60 and generally doesn't go much over 60C. Usually in the 20-125W range.
A lot of 3D games like Two Point Hospital just use around 30W and it's so cool that the fans don't even come on at all. Whereas AAA more demanding games obviously use more around 125 at that framerate.

I feel like this was already answered.
RX580 does 144 in Overwatch fine on "high" settings. Pretty close when maxed, like 130ish, IIRC.
People don't give the RX580 and 1060 enough credit for running games as well as they do at 1080p.
Hell you can even get 60+ at 1440p on the RX580 on console quality settings, though obviously a 1070Ti or Vega is better there.

Is it really so difficult for you to google shit?
You can find pretty much every card playing ever game with the settings used and how it runs shown on Youtube.

I pray you waste less money in the future.

No.

Remember the part where I said that if you see a good deal, you should get it if you need it instead of waiting to buy everything at once? And instead of waiting to see if there will be a better sale when it's more likely that you'll just miss the first one?

>RX580 does 144 in Overwatch fine on "high" settings. Pretty close when maxed, like 130ish, IIRC.
I'm only seeing ~90 average

So I have a i7 3770 which I'd like to buy a new motherboard for but it uses the LGA 1155 socket which doesn't have any boards in production as far as I can tell. I've been looking on ebay and newegg for boards and they are all used. I'm just looking for some advice about buying a used motherboard since that seems like my only option. Are highly rated ebay sellers [usually from China] reliable enough? Should I just stick to newegg (bit more pricy)? Any advice would be appreciated.

good motherboard for R5 2600 with lots of fan headers? I dont care about high quality VRMs as I wont be overclocking

pcpartpicker.com/list/LmMGNQ
some of these items are out of stock. I almost went balls deep with this too. how often should I check back?

Dont leave entirely, use videogames as a distraction or some fun time after you are done with your responsabilities not a daily thing, like a real adult, some drink, some gamble, we play videogames, focus more on making money.

I'm okay with it being loud, but what kind of temps do you think the sapphire Vega 64 is gonna run on full gpu usage. Also I'm still not sure if 620w is gotta cut it.

B450 Mortar and B450m Pro4 are good boards for the money

Should a 620w PSU be enough for a basic build with a GTX 1070, i5-9600k, and 16gb DDR4?

What's out of stock? let us help adjust it to suit.

yeah I guess I'm wrong on how max settings performs
youtube.com/watch?v=qMh5_l3aZMc
But you can get it around 144 fine
youtube.com/watch?v=rlU-OY7hK_g

High rated ebay sellers are fine.

Mortar has 4 or 5, IIRC. That should be enough? You can Y split them.

620W will be fine as long as your CPU isn't drawing 300W as well.
And I don't know. Another user got that one and seems fine with it. like mentioned, the Vega64 blower, for a blower, performs well beyond how you'd expect.
To get the most out of it, you WILL have to tweak it with an undervolt and such, though.
But it's such a powerful card. Aren't you at 1920x1200@60 you said? It's going to be using like 75W at most because it's so overpowered for that. Lmao.

Yes, it'll be enough
>9600k
literally why?

buy nvme

Attached: nvme ssd.png (422x380, 56K)

>yeah I guess I'm wrong on how max settings performs
Does it look smooth with the frame rate jumping around between 100 and 120 like that? (with freesync)

Related, is this a decent purchase for a budget upgrade to a 2012 build where I already have a 1070 to put in?
pcpartpicker.com/list/pDHfCb

I'm trying to get everything I need for as little money as possible. I don't need more than 2 RAM slots.

What's wrong with it? I know next to nothing about CPUs, it was just what's on sale

whats better, 8c/8t or 6c/12t?
>overheating

R8
pcpartpicker.com/list/cYFJGG

>What's wrong with it? I know next to nothing about CPUs, it was just what's on sale
ryzen is a much better deal, plus most intel CPUs, ESPECIALLY 9th gen, get really really hot

Yeah I'm at 1080p 60fps. I'm thinking of upgrading to 1440p in the future though..

Anyway now to find out if amd is still offering 3 free games. Seems like I might just get the Vega 64 then. 399 seems like a good price

monitor shopping online probably isn't a good idea, huh? you can't even see what they look like.

get the 2600 for $30 more

motherboard, ram, ssd, and power supply

More so than if it were on a 144hz monitor without Freesync, yes.
There is a degree to which 144hz will spoil you, and 75fps on a 75hz monitor won't look as good.
But nothing is as bad as what it looks like to be at around 108fps on a 144hz monitor which every other frame is scanned twice making it janky as hell.

You can limit the framerate to 100fps or something in Radeon Settings, even on a per-game basis. That will both make the card run cooler on top of possibly appearing a bit more smooth.

For AMD? 6c/12t because their SMT actually works.
For Intel? 8c/8t because HT is shitty in so many ways, from performance to insecurity.
Some games can't get a consistent 60fps minimum with a 6c/6 CPU like the 9600k. Such as in Far Cry 5, and some others.
You're better off with a 2600X. Not only is it cheaper, but it has no trouble getting a smooth 60 fps minimum in everything its competitors can. Max FPS can be lower, but high max fps when shit is stuttery is meaningless.

Ehhhhh for $50 more you could do a much better build with a 2600, better SSD, better case.
The way you're gimping the system isn't worth the $50 saved.

If you plan on getting a new monitor, AMD is pretty much your only option anyway to get a GOOD monitor with it unless you plan to spend like $1400+ between the GPU and Monitor together with Nvidia + Gsync.
You're making the decision harder for yourself then it needs be.
If the reference Vega 64 runs hot? Then mod the cooler. You can either hybrid AIO mod it, waterblock it, or put a cooler like the Morpheus II on it.
You can also, more cheaply, simply liquid metal it to drop the temps a bunch.
And of course there is undervolting.

Blowers aren't generally ideal, no, but when you're getting a card that powerful for essentially $280 after you factor in the value of the games, it's an easily workable situation.

went through this in 2016. built a pc and didn't even use it to game. desu the process of building it and fine tuning it was more fun than using it

>What's wrong with it?
Paying 8700 money for a glorified 8600K. As the other guy said though, there's not much point buying Intel unless you're buying a high end 8700K/9700K to pair up with a 1080ti/2080/2080ti. Intel midrange value is currently shithouse.

>went through this in 2016. built a pc and didn't even use it to game. desu the process of building it and fine tuning it was more fun than using it
and you eventually got over it and continued to build PCs and play vidya?

Are there any predictions on what the cost of AMDs 7nm shit will be?
Debating on building a mid range right now of saving up for 2019

All are easily substituted. MSI B450m Mortar or Gaming Plus are good alternative motherboards, look for any 3200CL16 memory, and substute the other items for those with similar spec.

It'll drop at their previous Ryzen release prices.

>because HT is shitty
do you mean intel's hyperthreading or just hyperthreading in general?

pcpartpicker.com/list/bdmfCb

Which case should I use for my build?
superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=CA-200KKN1&c=CJ&cjevent=1710e87eefb011e8821b057a0a24060d#
or
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811139043
or
amazon.com/Thermaltake-Versa-Computer-Chassis-CA-1D4-00S1NN-00/dp/B01CLIZ698

no. I sold parts of it and im using x230 exclusively now

Shameless bump. Is the memory ok ? What about the motherboard?

Alright. It's Dark Friday.

Is it finally time for me to buy and build a PC? Looking to spend around 1500 Canadian dollarydoos.

Should I just get a premade? Any sick deals right now?

>no. I sold parts of it and im using x230 exclusively now
I feel that this is my future. Why are you ITT and what do you do in lieu of video games / PC tinkering?

building a pc is too hard >:(

so around 300$?

>Dark Friday
huh?

>hyperthreading in general
Only Intel has hyperthreading.
Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about and is just a specs sheet reader.

Black...
Friday...

AMD GPU + Good Budget = BENQ EX3203R

NVIDIA GPU + Good Budget = Asus
ROG Swift PG27VQ

AMD GPU + bang for the buck = AOC
G2590FX

NVIDIA GPU + bang for the buck = Acer
XB241H

I just want a decent monitor = Asus
VC239H

Do I max out 1080p or do I future proof for 1440p... tough decision.

>Asus ROG Swift PG27VQ
>$800 TN
Yikes

>recommending TN panels

are MSI PSUs any good or should i just go for evga and seasonic

I shitpost

0.02 shekels have been addded to your account

I guess this is my future

Does changing from 16 gb 2133mhz to 2933mhz make a significant difference for gaming?

what happens if I just bought the out of stock stuff anyway? would I just be waiting like a month?

Bump.

Significant

pcpartpicker.com/list/C6CpMZ
Rig is for Gaming and VR. I have plenty of WD storage and a full size Fractal tower already.
I have but one question:
How bad am I fucking up?

From what I've seen it's not a huge difference as far as it goes for performance difference, is there proof that it makes a big deal?

do less ports matter? You mean like HDMI?
I take it I should stick to an ATX case for better thermals?

>do less ports matter? You mean like HDMI?
Sure. If you want to run 4x 4k@60 monitors on a 2200G/2400G, you need more outputs that support that.

Yeah like... 25-35%ish, assuming you keep the same CL.
Performance increase in games tends to scale almost 1:1 with faster true latency.

That's why it's such a fucking joke when people try and lie and say you only need fast RAM on Ryzen, not Intel, as if only the CCX bandwidth increase matters and the true latency decrease doesn't.

Attached: RAM scaling cope.png (1036x526, 120K)

missing linustechprotips in 2018

Does the brand of RAM matter all that much? I see a good deal for a brand I've never heard of, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Attached: Nanalan.png (331x249, 180K)

add it

>2133mhz to 2933mhz isn't a big deal from what I've seen
What have you seen to give you that idea?

by doing the latter you'd be doing both friend

So the increase is sizeable?

Also it's for a ryzen 2600x and a 1070

Especially for a Ryzen, the difference is significant. Find yourself some 3000CL15/3200CL16 if you don't want to spend too much.

>Ryzen 5 2600
>16gb Ram

CL15 3000 or CL16 3200 ?

CL14 3200

how come I see all these gay posts
are people incapable of just playing gaymes for a daily without letting it cut into their lives?

Reminder that the 2080 is THE high end card to buy today
better than the 1080ti while being cheaper

>Is a 144hz monitor technically better than a 75hz monitor if I'm averaging ~80 fps
YES. High refresh monitor is always superior to a low refresh monitor.
I would literally not suggest anything below 120hz for gaming.

>HDR is a meme
>dx12 is a meme
>vulkan is a meme
>high refresh rate is a meme
Gee it's almost as if technology changes. It's nice to be able to benefit from them with your current GPU instead of needing an upgrade to keep up with them.

>I can't read the chart; spoonfeed me

Those are the same thing. 3000 CL15 will OC to 3200 CL16 fine.

1080Ti were $530-$630 in the US. I haven't seen a cheaper 2080.

even if he's only getting 75-90 fps 90% of the time?

not in the options , fak ur madur im poor

>how come I see all these gay posts
>are people incapable of just playing gaymes for a daily without letting it cut into their lives?
it's easier when you're underage or in college like you clearly are, m'lad