/hpg/-headphone general

Sennheiser edition.

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 51GJziAxSLL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/OGVvA5k
youtube.com/watch?v=-2GozE6XEqg&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/dDy4bp9nKf0
head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-222-entries-21-10-18-update.857498/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for beyer

Just finished episode 12 s1...thse anime gives me too many feels....I cant handle this! :(

Attached: 0741 - 1HK6kUP.jpg (228x221, 7K)

bad thread.

Hello my fellow Stax™ brothers, just here with a daily reminder that Stax™ has the best sounding headphones and you should only buy Stax™ made headphones. Keep on Staxing™ bros and don't let those Sennheiser incels keep you down.

Attached: Stax™.jpg (1024x768, 211K)

anti semite

recs for someone who has tinnitus and hearing loss in one ear? not that it would help or anything. just curious if theres ways i can fuck my ears less. something within black friday/cyber monday deals would be neat.

Attached: FullSizeRender-2_gallery.jpg (750x600, 171K)

and thats a good thing

Attached: 1484178004314.png (980x742, 266K)

Atom showed up two days early!

Attached: 20181124_154243-1.jpg (2863x1746, 873K)

So I ordered some m20x, how badly did I fuck up?

oy vey! someone shut this goy down! its anudda shoah, buy sennheiser

>sound as sience
schiit totally wreckt

Yall get ready I'm about shake up Mr nostaxer just wait for it

Attached: 20181124_164939.jpg (2612x2236, 3.51M)

>No anime pic
Ok fuck you

Not gonna lie I do wish this came in a metal enclosure like all other jds products. Its good quality plastic but the metal plus option for engraving would have been nice, I would have happily forked over an extra $40-$50 for it. Still well built though.

Attached: 20181124_154605-1.jpg (3431x1457, 1022K)

degenerate

better cheap out on the enclosure than going full schiit and cheap out on internals. they wanted to compete on the same price range. hope they make a "premium"metal version with engraving option tho.

Jimmy AND Austin approved. We're in good hands

Attached: 20181124_155832.jpg (4656x2620, 3.27M)

anything to make the cheap chinks headphone better

>jimmy gets a circle
>austin gets no circle
it's not fucking fair

The two front feet of the unit are slightly elevated so the front of the unit is actually a teeny bit higher than the back. Feet were already stuck on to the unit.

Attached: 20181124_154614-1.jpg (2676x1868, 1.53M)

Idol trash here. Waiting for takeaway. Usual post later.
S2 is gonna be hard to watch :p

Cool it with the anti-semetic jokes Bud.

I see we're experiencing the beginning of Jow Forums's death throws.
this should get interesting

show feet
hot, thanx

Volume knob clicks the unit on and off with a nice not too bright white glow behind the knob to let you know the unit is on.

Attached: 20181124_155704-1.jpg (3155x1585, 1.09M)

>RCA in/out
What is the out for? Speakers?
What DAC are plugging it in, user?

i love the plastic case because it'll further antagonize schiitheads and sbaf posters

RCA out are preouts so for powered monitors yeah. Fed by my OL DAC see

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1531341080423.png (1280x720, 3.6M)

what do you mean?

Very cool!
Sorry if you already answered, but what headphones are you powering with it?
Are those Yamaha monitors in your first pic?

anyone got any sbaf/schiit/etc anti-objectivist tears? I have screenshots of some guy preaching for like 5k words about how amir has split the audio community in two while contributing nothing of worth. Amir is the charles darwin of audio
god 3d women are so fucking disgusting I wouldn't let her touch me even with her cool "shirt"
trade u my schiit magni 3 fren it very good, silver too not plastic like urs dont worry i do this favor for you free of charge

Attached: 1476977195788.jpg (1200x1800, 699K)

Right now I'm listening to my LCD-3 which I have complained about here not really liking in the past but I have always suspected that my fostex amp was just not providing enough power for them which is why I still haven't sold them despite not really liking them. They got loud on the fostex amp but planars can be a bit tricky like that in that they will get plenty loud but sound like shit without enough power. So far I think I was correct because I'm not disliking the LCD-3 at all on the atom. I also have TH900 and HD660s although those are both easy to drive headphones that sound perfectly fine on the fostex amp and shouldn't sound any different from having extra power.

And yeah, they're yamaha hs5 speakers

Attached: 20181124_172657_HDR.jpg (4656x2620, 2.48M)

hs5 are garbage sorry

I like them, sorry.

He uses Stax, he does not care about sound quality

because you have no other choice lol
imgur.com/a/OGVvA5k

>brainlet /leftypol/ vocablet doesn't know it's death THROES

Attached: f88c09b75ac29255cd62dc43acea4ce9db54fcf4cd81dada77f0edc3606c66da.jpg (479x720, 42K)

I snatched a DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm for 100 Eurobucks and a DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm for 90 at Amazon.

I'm only going to keep one of them, and initially I thought that it's going to be the 990 for sure, and I just ordered the 770 to have an idea what it sounds like.

But now that I've done some listening I'm not so sure anymore. I actually prefer the sound of the 770 in many ways. The only thing I don't like is that it's closed, and that it has a higher clamping force than the 990 edition.

I feel like a part of me is just trying to talk myself into keeping the 990s because getting them for 100 is a great price, and I love getting a good price, plus they are just really comfy.

But while the 990 feel more comfy on my head, the 770 just sound way more relaxed and don't have the harshness and sibilance of the 990s.

I can't make up my mind /hpg/, why is getting new headphones so hard?

Attached: 1540137948726.jpg (1774x1774, 279K)

One word: Stax

You and me doing yuri.

Can't you keep both? They are fucking dirt cheap for $100

Attached: 4h59oYT.jpg (1440x3413, 282K)

It looks like those digits are trying to tell me that I should keep the 990s.

Garbage?

comfy and incredible sound

Attached: gondola_float.png (365x241, 5K)

To the user that recomended this song when I said I dont really like rap or hip hop
youtube.com/watch?v=-2GozE6XEqg&feature=youtu.be
This is good, i like this. The beat and the song sounds good (the girl singing is annoying though)

Attached: 2018-11-24 17_41_01-clipping. - Work Work (feat. Cocc Pistol Cree) [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube.jpg (883x411, 22K)

yeah why cant you keep both so you're set up with a closed pair and an open?

Honestly you'll probably just get used to the 990s over time. And you'll be thankful they're more comfortable.

reported for antisemitism

Stop trolling, electrostats can't sound incredible
Actually TOTL $4000 Stax headphones sound worse than a $200 dynamic AKGs lol

What's it like being angry all the time?

that's what i always recommend to people who say they don't like rap
i'm like here u go sir
also if u wanna go old school you may enjoy this owo
youtu.be/dDy4bp9nKf0

whats the meta for iems right now? last I heard >tin t2 was low value king
>etymotics er4xr is mid-fi king.

also talk shit about this
head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-222-entries-21-10-18-update.857498/

I know, but it doesn't seem wise to me. I'm not the kind of guy that has a dozens of headphones at home. I'm just looking to replace the headphones I've been using for the last 10 years with something that will hopefully last me the next 10 years.

don't know, but 1more triple drivers are on sale now for 55 dollars, and so are the sennheiser hd-1

I bought Stax and they sound disgusting

You didn't answer my question.

this degenerate is just sorting shitphones by price lol

I could keep them both, it just doesn't seem like a wise way of spending my money. If anything I could benefit more from spending the extra 100 bucks towards an amp or something like that.

Plus, I'm basically Scrooge McDuck. Spending money hurts my soul, so getting two pairs of headphones would be pretty hard on me.

he could get 1990s owo

Post all the graphs you want dude I personally enjoy how they sound and I'm not a studio engineer so I dont care about perfect neutrality, in fact I kind of dislike it. You're probably going to respond with how I enjoy an inferior sound and product but since its pleasure listening and not pro its literally a matter of taste and preference. Its the same reason why some people love beyers while others call them treble rape dildos. There is a good reason why the headphone request form asks for your preferred sound signature.

that Donald Trump reference kek :D

Attached: 1541547227438.png (707x1131, 976K)

mrrr~ ;3

Attached: dy55TNv0aT7OQZrp8CskORvocsiWHU_m1BdB9jTZ_Ac.jpg (1200x1200, 163K)

You bought something he can't afford, that's a cardinal sin.

the beauty of spending 4 years dealing with your spam means I get to use your own memes against you.

Attached: kc5puk4builz.jpg (735x541, 32K)

Spend the time you have till returning with them, longer periods. Day with 990, day with 770, so on. Try EQing the treble on 990 a bit off, so you get the comfiness and the more laid-back sound of 770. I'm assuming you have at least a week to fuck around with them before making a decision, plenty of time to pick a favorite.

desu tho i like my headphones neutral and my iems/speakers with a "fun" sound signature
i use my headphones for relaxing and speakers for like cleaning, and iems for walking.
different cocks for different socks

Not a typo, rather a lack of vocabulary. Reading comprehension, son.
Anyways, welcome back Muke. Replace that audio-gd yet?

yeah its too hard, I cant pick between the 990 pro at $120 and monolith m560 at $140 or these stupid cheap hifiman edition s for $68.

Where to find the SHP9500S cheap again?

AliExpress

They are discontinued

How powerful does your headphone amp need to be for optimal performance and to have sufficient volume overhead? I'm interested in the Topping DX3 Pro but my only reservation is that it's a downgrade in amp power from my current unit (NFB 15.32)
fwiw I'll be driving a HD 58X with it, but I like having the flexibility to run more demanding headphones, you never know what you're going to own in the future.

Attached: Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amplifier.jpg (900x565, 100K)

Massdrop THX-AAA

Well, apparently I have until Jan 31st since they have some kind of Christmas return policy, but I don't plan on waiting that long. Still, I'll spend the next week or so listening to them for long periods, and hope I get used to the 990s because frankly I want to keep them they just sound a bit too 'sharp' for my taste in certain songs.

>Yeah bro just buy a dedicated amp that costs more than your headphones

1W at 32 ohms or somewhere close should be enough to drive pretty much anything.

Meanwhile 880 is stuck at $170 + $30 shipping.

Actually I'm still not sure what edition to get, can DX3 even handle 600ohm ones?

he already has an audio gd

> sound a bit too 'sharp'
A the classical bayer sounds kek

Anything else thats good that I should look for along the price range they used to be

The reason I'm looking to upgrade from my audio gd is that I find the sound is a bit warm, and I want something more neutral and a little more detailed. I'm unsure how much of it is the dac section and how much of it is the amp section, but the dac chips the 15.32 uses are supposed to have a reputation for being a little warm.
So I'm really after a new combo unit or a stack that isn't dissimilar in price ($300US), that way I can flog the gd on the headfi forums and the upgrade won't cost me too much.

And to add to this these amps that advertise stupid power like 4 or 5 watts per channel (Schiit jotunheim advertises 7 fucking watts) are memes, no headphone out there will recieve any benefit from that much power.

Dx3 puts out 1W (I believe) which should be plenty.

Takeaway and alicization ep were good.
3DPD.

Attached: 1531284158999.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

perfection

Attached: 009s-new-1.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>Dx3 puts out 1W (I believe) which should be plenty.
Some DT880 reviews say they require amp with higher than normal output voltage to be loud enough.

I'm a virgin anime girl user. No need to worry.

There's neither schiit shills nor virgin anime girls in Jow Forums. Common knowledge.

what's the difference between dt880 250ohm vs 600ohm?
I have a nx4 that can only push 300mw@32ohm, doesn't seem suited for a 600ohm but am looking for another amp for home use.

Not really. It was rated lower than K701 in blind tests. Electrostats is a useless technology sadly.

I'm looking for some BT headphones that don't fuck up multiple sources. I want to able to answer phone calls while I'm already connected to a another source and intelligently switch between them.

I know that Bose QC35II does this but there are many reviews that say that they fuck up all the time. I do have good BT cards in my computer and my phone.

would something like this make any difference instead of just using pc

Attached: 9558806149b08e2cb6f0be9ea497.jpg (1000x622, 115K)

>dac/amp difference
Depends on headphones and how fucked your onboard audio is.
>FX-AUDIO
Absolutely avoid. They're CRAP.
Look into Topping DX3 Pro.

>RCA line out on the front
This makes me irrationally angry every time I see this. Why would anybody want it that way? Surely this is some kind of cost saving measure.

Holy shit. I'm glad I dodged a bullet and bought the LSR305's over the H5. When I went to listen to them in the store the H5's sounded coloured, more like hifi speakers and this proves it. At least the H8's are pretty balanced but fuck I didn't realise the H5's were that shit.

Easier to design, possibly no space on pcb or cost saving as you said. Same shit as with o2 and its infamous front input.

Fiio e10k instead if you want something cheap. As other user said fx-audio is to be avoided.

I ordered the DX3 and i'm using ATH50s. Is it time to upgrade my headphones?

rate my battlestation

Attached: xwxlsg5ow9021.jpg (3903x2956, 786K)