Visual Studio uses dozens of GigaBytes

>Visual Studio uses dozens of GigaBytes
>Everything is fucking bloated beyond comprehension
>Meanwhile some german hacker group releases a 3D fps game in 96 KB
youtube.com/watch?v=2NBG-sKFaB0

are devs even fucking trying anymore?
feels like we are living in an age of software technology decline, everything just keeps getting more and more shit, slower, more memory usage, bigger, bloated, more broken.
Is the singularity really when there is 0% probability that your computer actually boots up

Attached: pepelaugh.png (378x357, 81K)

>.kkrieger
the feels

Attached: 1371417236854.jpg (261x192, 9K)

>2009
dare I say cringe and yikespilled?

go back

back to where, friend?

Objection!

Prosecutor is testifying.

To the shithole you crawled from, newfriend.

>update linux
>everything runs twice as slow and uses 3x more memory
>have to fork and maintain old versions

>the shopping cart fags made this 15 years ago
>demos nowadays are 150mb unity players
Fuck, what happened? I remember playing that shit on a pentium 4.

yes seriously

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

kkrieger uses procedurally generated assets so it looks like shit, most people don't value file size over decent artwork

an elite got control

Attached: bill-gates_1899522i.jpg (620x432, 45K)

Meanwhile Visual Studio has a 3D model editor included in it, bet your 96KB 3D fps game doesn't have that.

>are devs even fucking trying anymore?
No and they haven't for decades.

intel exploit mitigations, you can turn them off via a kernel boot option

No and it's not even gayme specific.

Intlel happened

Niggas need to go back to writing everything in C. You can get away with #defines for all your platform specific shit, and your compiler is more or less guaranteed to produce the same output over decades (if you choose gcc or clang)

Holy crap, and Bimbows 8.0 can still run it, I'm surprised a kkrunchy version that old isn't a problem (maybe on 10 it is).

Attached: ss.png (1024x768, 712K)

Have you ever even tried playing .kkrieger? It takes several minutes to boot since it has to generate everything on the fly, that's a horrible tradeoff.

>several minutes
Wat? It's literally under 5 seconds to generate and load everything after launching, then everything else is instant.

Have you read the thing those guys wrote?
They basically would kill themselves if they had to do it again, it was such a pain in the ass. And for a dumb meme.

>5
*15 seconds

To be fair it's 2009, you can speed that up a ton with compute shaders.

That being said, the effort is still considered to not be worth it. You're gonna be limited in terms of speed of development and that's enough to get anyone to bail in this age of "fail fast".

Plus you'd need a generation library attached to your engine and you'd be giving up the existing tools that are already developed and comfy in favor of coming up with your own procedures for literally everything.

stay mad sandnigger

>To be fair it's 2009
You have no idea of how much I want those words to be true.